Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

Homelite Products Reviews

Original review: June 2, 2019

I purchased a gas blower vac. The blower vac directional end piece would not stay on. Then I tried the vacuum. What a joke. The suction tube would not stay connected. And if you managed to get anything to suck up the tube it would just clog up. It took over an hour to complete a 10 minute job. I promptly took it back to Home Depot and got my money back. This was the first and last Homelite product I ever bought.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Purchased the 2 Cycle Gas Blower/Vac. Took forever to get it started. Stopped running after about 2 minutes. Finally returned it and exchanged it for a brand new one. It did the exact thing. This product is garbage and I would give it ZERO stars if I could. Save your money and do not buy this product.

Get expert buying tips about Lawn Equipment and Garden Plants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Homelite Products are disposable products. Homelite does not carry parts for their products. This is sourced out. Homelite false advertises the capability of products ability and parts available of product. I bought a dethatcher in 2016 with tines that were suppose to be replaceable but call to parts says no they discontinued that part in 2006 and now have to replace entire assembly for 50.00 +tax+ s/h when machine only costed me 80.00 to begin with and only used it twice now tines broke and can't get replacements.

All Homelite customer service did for me was to lie to me. They said advertisement does not state tines are replaceable, dethatcher no longer on shelves (Right now Kmart has them for the same 80 I paid) and it is me choosing to not get dethatcher fixed because I can just buy the assembly. I would never buy another Homelite product as they seem to not care once they get the money from the original purchase. Please do your homework and call their c/s department before you even think about buy Homelite products. Would rate zero but then they won't let you post a review.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I purchased a replacement priming bulb for my Homelite XL Chainsaw. I called customer support for information on how to remove housing to reinstall a new one. I explained mine was an older model (runs great) and the instructions I've seen are for models with primer near the throttle control. Mine is on the right side of the unit when you are holding the saw in hand. He recommended I look for YouTube videos!!! Surprised that Homelite would (1) pay someone to sit there to tell people that and (2) that there are no disassembly instructions available for customers. (PS I had to buy an aftermarket replacement primer bulb because Homelite no longer makes them, according to their website).

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

2nd Homelite Blower/Vac I've purchased from Home Depot that worked passed store return policy, but still under factory warranty and wasn't honored. It's a joke/scam. Homelite tells you to take it back to Home Depot for a $19.95 so called evaluation. If they find it to be factory defect they will repair or replace. No, more like take another $20 from you before giving you a false diagnosis claiming improper fuel mixture causing overheating. Basically blaming the consumer for being incompetent of reading simple directions to mix fuel. I've been mixing fuel for 40 yrs and know I did mix it properly. The service technician at Home Depot admitted that Homelite does this all the time. I personally feel Home Depot should also be held accountable knowing they are selling sub standard products. I rarely even used the blow/vac in the short time I had it. I will never purchase another Homelite product the rest of my life.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Homelite Products?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I bought a Homelite EZ Clean AEZ31023 surface cleaner two years ago and had initially used it the first year. The second year I didn't use it at all. I brought it out again this fall to clean a driveway and about halfway through the wand underneath wouldn't spin even though water was flowing through the tips. Turns out that there are two plastic bushings located in the middle of the unit when you unscrew the hex head. One was worn so it caused the water to leak and there must not have been enough pressure to turn the arms. If you can believe it, you can't find that part anywhere and it must cost a whole 40 or 50 cents for each one. Basically they told me that there are no replacement parts so you just throw out a $70 unit because of two plastic pieces that aren't available. Even their newer AEZ31023A uses those same bushing so the story is the same, throw it out after two seasons of cleaning. I certainly wouldn't buy a Homelite ever again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

Just bought a 26B blower to do light clean up. This is the second blower I've owned of Homelite. The first one was several years ago, brand new in the box and it never started or ran. I was so busy then I just went and bought a Stihl instead of trying to fix it. I went back to it the next season, still new mind you, and I never got it to run. Fast forward to last month, bought a "Certified" refurbished one at Atwoods thinking all would be ok. I used it once. The past 2 hours I have been trying to start it to no avail. I just threw it as far as I could a little bit ago because I'm over it. I will NEVER buy another Homelite product ever and will scream to everybody do not buy their products. As far as I'm concerned they are robbing us by taking our money for faulty products that should in reality be machines that last several years worry free.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

I bought this product for budget reasons. I wish I would have paid for a little more for a better trimmer. I am constantly changing trimmer string, or untangling it from the spool. When it does run the "Reel easy tap advance system" does not work, so have to stop engine advance string and hopefully the engine will start as it floods and will not start again. This is a very cheap product. Do not spend your money on it, if you can afford it go one step higher and save yourself some aggravation.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I have (had) a 16 inch Homelite Chainsaw. Loved the product until it broke. There is no replacement part anywhere for this and the saw is completely unusable. When I contacted Homelite, they were not interested in offering a discount or any assistance to keep me as a customer. Very disappointed in their lack of concern. So be it... moving on to other suppliers.

Original review: May 27, 2018

I purchased a Homelite gas weed trimmer UT-18003 approx 25 yrs ago. NO problems until 2 days ago when I broke a piece out of the string head and it vibrated so bad it cannot be used. I've contacted factory and all suppliers that I could. The string head is no longer made (OBSOLETE no longer available). I still have the brush blade so it's usable.

Homelite Products Company Information