Find a Home Warranties partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About HSA Home Warranty

Home Security America, commonly known as HSA or HSA Home Warranty, sells home warranties. Get a quote online or over the phone to see what the company covers, what riders or add-ons are available and how much a contract costs. HSA serves 25 states, and its customer service line is open 24/7.

Find Home Warranties, Service Plans partners near you

Pros

• Easy quote process
    • Helpful online resources
    • Affordable options

Cons

• Limited availability

Bottom Line

HSA's home warranty options are straightforward. If you're interested, first make sure it operates in your state, then decide if HSA's coverage and pricing work for you.

Top HSA Home Warranty Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We bought our home almost 10 yrs ago in an area we knew very little about. The previous owner added HSA home warranty. ... They have the contractors who are very dependable and on...

Verified

We received this home warranty when we purchased our home. When the first year was over we were given an option to extend. ...about a month after renewing our furnace broke. HSA ...

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

What is Home Security America?

Home Security America, also known as HSA or HSA Home Warranty, sells home warranties. Home warranties are service contracts that cover the repair costs for home appliances and systems when they break down.

HSA’s service process is simple:

1. The customer places a service request online or calls the 24/7 customer service line.
    2. HSA assigns a local service professional to the job.
    3. The service professional contacts the customer to schedule an appointment.
    4. The service professional repairs or replaces the broken system or appliance, and HSA takes care of the bill. The customer pays a service call fee.

Home Security America serves the following states: Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin.

Home Security America coverage

Coverage varies by state, but our sample quote for a one-year plan on a home in Illinois covered the following:

Plumbing
    • Water heaters and instant hot water dispensers
    • Plumbing parts and primary sump pumps
    • Routing of drain line stoppages
    • Water, gas, drain and waste lines
    • Polybutylene leaks
    • Toilet tanks, bowls and wax ring seals
    • Whirlpool bathtubs
    • Water heater sediment removal
    Heating and air conditioning
    • Central heat
    • Central air, heat pumps
    • Thermostats
    • Ductwork
    • Ceiling fans
    • Interior attic and exhaust fans
    • Central vacuums
    Appliances
    • Ovens, stovetops and ranges
    • Built-in microwave ovens
    • Trash compactors, dishwashers and garbage disposals
    • Garage door openers
    • Burglar alarms
    • Fire alarms
    • Doorbell systems
    Miscellaneous
    • Rekeying (up to six keyholes and four identical keys)
    • Failures due to lack of maintenance
    • Failures due to rust and corrosion

Home Security America cost

HSA home warranty costs vary widely. Annual premiums for standard plans range from $195 to $619. The service call fee, which you pay for each repair, falls between $75 and $100. Our quote for a sample home in Illinois was $505 for one year and $100 per service call.

Our sample plan in Illinois also listed 11 potential coverage add-ons:

• Pool and hot tub combination: $175
    • Water softener: $40
    • 7 Star Upgrade (for more coverage): $149

Home Security America FAQ

Does HSA Home Warranty require home inspections?
    No, you can purchase a home warranty from HSA without a home inspection.
    Are HSA home warranties transferable?
    Yes. If you sell your home while it’s still under HSA warranty, coverage transfers to the new owner. You just need to contact HSA to make sure everything transfers correctly.
    Is HSA’s customer service available 24/7?
    Yes, you can contact HSA’s customer service at any time of day.
    Does HSA choose the service contractor?
    Yes, HSA chooses the contractor, who then sets up an appointment with the customer needing service.

Is Home Security America worth it?

Home Security America might be worth it for consumers looking to protect their home’s appliances and systems. Prices in some areas are steep, but there are affordable options, too. If HSA doesn’t provide coverage in your state or its prices are too high for your budget, we recommend comparing quotes from other highly rated home warranty companies.

HSA Home Warranty Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HSA Home Warranty?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

I've not had a working refrigerator since april..they are supposed to replace it but I've called so many times and they keep promising it will happen and it never does.. Worst warranty company ever! If I don't get an attorney or just buy a new one myself...I'm sure I'll never get a new refrigerator from them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2021

Terrible company with horrendous customer service. I submit a work request for my boiler (which is covered), they couldn’t find a contractor, they cancel the work request, - without ever telling me. This happened multiple times. I have now spent two full days on the phone with agents who don’t speak English nor do they have the expertise to help. I’ve been without heat for 48 hours and my house is in the low 40s. All the while they are taking their sweet time deciding what they want and don’t want to cover. They told me to find my own contractor since they couldn’t find one and when I finally got someone out here, they said they wouldn’t cover it. Even though it was a boiler-related problem. Oh, and they left me with a $100 charge that an agent said I would NOT receive. No work done, they didn’t pay a penny AND I got charged a fee. DO NOT USE HSA Warranty.

Get buying tips about Home Warranties, Service Plans delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

I been with this company 2 years, 1 year I didn't pay, the salers paid my 1st year then 2nd year I paid. 1st I wasn't going to renew my contract with them because their customer service is horrible. The price was $799 and they said they would take $ 100 off if I continued.... Well when I call and go through 10 minutes of verifying my name and address, phone # and email, they say they don't have it. Then here recently I requested services for my sinks, they gave me Tom Melton Plumbing, I called company and they couldn't work with my schedule and they acted they didn't even care so I canceled them.

Called HSA told them to give me someone else and why 3x, they still keep giving me the same person but gladly took my $75 service charge. Called 3x no change, requested management to call back and haven't got a call back yet! I pay all this money to this company and it's a headache every time, customer service is horrible, English is never clear and they always seem to not be able to transfer me.... Looking for a different home warranty company because they are horrible

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I've been a member of HSA warranty for over 6 years. Over that time, they were able to address a handful of small issues ranging from electricity, garage doors, etc. However, it wasn't until recently where my experience have taken a hit. First issue occurred 8/6/2021 when I requested service for a potential leaky pipe. Long story short, they dispatched a contractor to the site, the contractor informed me later that the part wasn't covered. However, I also found out that the contractor caused additional damage that caused the irrigation system to leak overnight and throughout the next day.

There was many finger pointing between the contractor and home warranty and neither wanted to address the issue. I eventually went on my own to find another contractor to resolve the issue. On HSA side, their phone representatives would put me on hold endlessly. One time I was hoping to speak with their agent, only to find out I was transferred directly to the contractor who they hired.

The second unfortunate experience was related to a kitchen sink leak. They dispatched their contractor who spent less than 5 minutes to identify that the part is likely not covered due to it being a leaky water filter and was told I would be reached. No one ever reached out to me, fortunately, I found someone to fix the issue which was simply tightening up a loose valve. Since both of my last two requests weren't covered, I contacted them to reimburse me for the $75 per request fee. In the past, I had no trouble receiving this reimbursement. However, this time I was told I would not be able to get reimbursed. After requesting to cancel my subscription, were they then able to agree to the reimbursement. By that time I was fed up and ultimately decided to cancel my service. I truly hope they improve their customer service, find more reputable contractors, and streamline their customer agent support.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Money was removed from account and I do not have a home warranty with this company. I called the number on the website and I was transferred to India. Then back and forth for 2 hours and getting nowhere. Placed on hold forever only to be transferred or called back to be transferred again. What kind of highway robbery is this, I don't know how they got my info but I have contacted my bank to stop all future transactions with this company.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Terrible company! Can barely get an agent to answer the phone and when you do you get a different answer every time you speak to someone. I have been waiting for over three weeks for an A/C part. Plus I have to pay an extra $500 because it is supposedly a modification, not a repair. Tried to cancel their service and I continually get the runaround that a supervisor is supposed to call me. Buyer beware. Save yourself money and the headache. Find a better business.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Our home warranty HSA Home Warranty is THE WORST. Since May, we've suffered from refrigerant poisoning, had severe injuries, our kiddo got a 2nd degree burn from the dishwasher, our LO almost got stuck in the non-working refrigerator and I had Freon exposure and fell from the top of the stairs. Our stove top has caused 4 fires to date and burned our toaster oven. IMHO, they run a scam operation. The warranty came with the house. They push to fix 27-29 year old appliances but, haven't sent anyone out to do anything about it. Our 27yro freezer broke AGAIN. We woke up to a watery mess and spoiled groceries. This is the 6th time the freezer has randomly stopped working since we moved-in in March. The refrigerator overheats and makes horrible noises.

We just gave up with the AC/HVAC battle with HSA and spent $45k on new systems. We had been without AC since May and our indoors was full of refrigerant (Freon) leaks. For months, they sent 4 different AC companies to "fix" and refill the Freon, further poisoning us. The units were 27 years old. The last AC tech they sent left our house ranting, with a 12 in knife and broke our vintage front door. That's not even half of all the wrong things that have happened with HSA. The cherry on top? Their customer service is horrendous.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

This company is a total rip off. I have had my AC out Since for 6 weeks, 2 companies have been out and still no AC. I leave for work for 1 month, return to no AC. Call company. They want to charge me again, for the service they have never provided. If I could give a review of less than 1 that would be most appropriate.

Original review: July 26, 2021

I recently purchased a home and was gifted a home warranty from this company. I have to tell you that the service I have received has been completely subpar. I called to place a service request when our a/c went out on June 12th. It is July 26th and I have been charged $200 (2x the deductible for a service call) and no one has serviced my a/c. The first company came out and looked at it and didn't even spend 5 minutes in my home, wrote to HSA that it was a "power failure" which I'm guessing is not covered and is NOT AT ALL THE ISSUE. I called when the issue had not been corrected and the company said they could not service the until to request another provider.

I was told that my first charge would be refunded and they would assign me a new contractor because at that time the original service details had not been provided by the first company. I was charged a second $100 fee and the same original company was assigned to my account. At this point, we were not staying in our home due to the lack of a/c and visiting my home for these service calls required a five hour drive. I drove a second time to meet who I thought was a new provider only to find out it had been assigned to the same company who said they could not service our unit. I called back and was told I would be assigned a new provider and they would come that day. I did not receive an update after waiting on hold for 10 minutes each call, by the way.

A few days later I received a call from a new service provider. They scheduled a time and then said they could not service the unit because it was raining. We then rescheduled for today and they were two hours late from their window and I was not able to make that time due to work commitment for myself and my wife. I requested a refund based on the fact that 1) the first company did nothing and their report of “power failure” is completely inaccurate and 2) the second company never came to my home to service the unit. I was refused a refund and refused the option to speak to a supervisor in the customer service department.

Original review: July 9, 2021

Don't waste your time with HSA b/c there are better home warranties companies. They will try their hardest to find an exclusion in the contract so they will not have to cover it. You will not know if something is covered until after you pay the $75 service fee, and a service team diagnosis' the issue. We found out twice now something that we thought should be covered was not. A simple blockage in the plumbing because the tech had to take the toilet off to access the pipe. Also the sump pump even though it clearly says sump pump is covered. Read the contract carefully if you do get them. It is very hard to get someone on the phone to talk to.

Take a Home Warranty Quiz. Get matched with an Authorized Partner.

HSA Home Warranty Company Information