Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Home Depot Kitchens

Home Depot Kitchens

3.9/5 (326 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Home Depot Kitchens

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Kitchens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Kitchens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I had my kitchen redone by Home Depot. I had a damaged in the way the canopy molding on the top was made it has at the lake could come right through the damage. I called them over six times. This was done in January. It is now August. Not one person has shown up to fix this. Now as of today the bracket on holding the door underneath the sink came off. I would never do business with these people again. Beware because this is a very costly remodeling. These people are very irresponsible.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Buyers beware!!! When you purchase a countertop from Home Depot, understand that they subcontract to a third party. The third party becomes their representative. This means that, if you have any problem with the product, Home Depot will not back you up. Let me explain. I recently purchased a quartzite countertop from Home Depot. Their third party in Salt Lake City is Accent Countertops. The installers broke the countertop at the level of the sink. The break is irreparable because it is full thickness.

I was concerned about the integrity of the countertop. I asked for an independent assessment by a licensed stone contractor. His assessment was that the stone needed to be replaced. When I tried to negotiate with Accent countertop, they claimed that it was Home Depot's decision. When I called Home Depot, they said that they have nothing to do with it because Accent countertop represents them. Do not go with Home Depot, or for that matter Accent countertop. You will be disappointed.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: July 14, 2021

Home Depot is working to resolve this issue.

Original review: May 21, 2021

On March 24th, I ordered countertops for my kitchen, at that time I was advised by my sales person of a timeline of 7-9 weeks from start to finish. On April 15th the installers came out to measure my kitchen for the final time. On the April 22nd, I followed up with Kathy Fithen, Customer Order Specialist and gave final payment for the countertop order. Kathy told me that the order will go into production on the following Monday, April 26th and would take 4 weeks. On Monday May 17th (which marked 4 weeks) I started calling Kathy to find out when my countertops were going to be delivered. After speaking to her, it was clear that she did not have the information I was requesting about my order so I called into customer service and escalated a ticket to get information on my order.

Today, I received a call from a representative of Home Depot, she told me there was a problem with the paperwork for my order which is why there is no information to provide me, she said that Home Depot was not made aware of the problem with the paperwork until they started to investigate the whereabouts of the order based on the escalation I filed. This means to me that -my order sat around on someone’s desk for 4 weeks with no attempts being made to resolve the problem within a timely manner.

Unfortunately, she could not tell me how much longer I would continue to be inconvenienced or when my order would be complete, she mentioned, WHEN they get the material it would still need to go through production, (4 additional weeks). Meanwhile, based on the original timeline I was given, I scheduled time off to be available for the installation of the countertops, I also ordered new appliances to be delivered around the 9th week, and have had to push the date out once already. So this is a huge inconvenience and bad business practices. The fact that somewhere along the way someone dropped the ball I don’t feel like I should be expected to carry this burden. I want the original timeline to be honored and my countertops to be installed within a reasonable timeframe. I would also like to know and feel like Home Depot cares about my business and wants to make every effort to correct this error and meet the expectations that were set with me.

Original review: April 29, 2021

My cabinets were finished in Feb 2020 and there are holes in the seams and chips throughout. They also chipped my countertops. I have been emailing Home Depot the entire time with little to no responses. I've asked for repairs or some level of a refund and NOTHING. I'm so disappointed and feel totally taken advantage of.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Home Depot installed a sink exactly the size available from the cabinet. If you want to replace it, you can't do it. It was installed like 8 years ago, but one day it fell down from one side. I contacted. They did not care. The installers (a third party named MR stone) told me to come home and fix it. They would charge me 250 dollars, as if it was new. I did for nothing, just bought some sink holders for 30 dollars. It cost me 3 hours. Home Depot did not even send someone to check it out.

I won't recommend Home Depot for sink renovations at all, because you do not have support after.

Resolution response: March 16, 2021

Finally the unfinished work was completed after nearly a month. I would have been a happy customer if this work was done all at once.

Original review: March 7, 2021

We recently changed our kitchen countertops through Home Depot. The work wasn't finished because they ran out of granite as they wasted the piece trying to make holes for the electric outlet. It was difficult for them to cut the opening so we decided to close the outlet. They said they would be back next week to finish the work. It's been two weeks since then and they never came back. It is causing a lot of inconvenience with the unfinished work. There was also a groove in the backsplash they installed and I'm not sure how they are going to fix whenever they are going to come back to install.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Unless you are flipping a house or not going to keep your house very long. DONT Do IT!!! After 6 months drawers are starting to fail. Trim is coming loose. And this is with only two very careful homeowners. They use subcontractor for everything which gives them a great excuse to blame the other guy for any problems. One guy promised the world, then disappeared to Florida, then next guy does the same. My list: lots of nail holes not filled, large gaps between joints, easy close slides failing, apron sink installed very shoddy, gaps between quartz countertops and support brackets, so no support at all, trim falling off because it was not nailed correctly, doors that don’t close because they hit trim.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

With my kids grown and out of the house, I began redoing the entire house. Paid HD $7,000 up front, because they MAKE YOU, then waited 5 months to get install scheduled. The day before install I called the countertop company that HOME DEPOT chose, English Countertops, and they hired them and paid them directly, not me, and asked if there would be a lot of dust and if yes would they be putting up tarps. I was told there wouldn’t be any dust but I needed to disconnect reverse osmosis system and dishwasher.

Thank goodness I didn’t believe Kyle and ran to Dollar Tree to buy 7 thin plastic tarps to especially drape over and protect new reclining living room couch and reclining loveseat and new 75” flat screen tv and good thing because as all the other reviews stated, the NIGHTMARE was about to begin and boy if I could only turn back time to before this countertop place entered my home and destroyed my new Samsung black Stainless fridge by DENTING the front (after I babied this bad boy, wiping only with a microfiber towel and with the grain ) and in 9 hours it was destroyed.

They scratched the left front trying to WEDGE a quartz piece in between it and my stove and also put a deeper scratch further on left side 3/4 to the back and took off the paint, down to the silver and the 3 hours late plumber walking in to the countertop guys already demo-ing and breaking up the old tile countertop going around and under my new drop in KRAUS sink cuz they couldn’t wait any longer on this guy who had a tool belt on packed with I 1,000 screwdrivers that he didn’t need and ended up gouged the entire length of the faceplate of my 1 yr old dishwasher and I’m still waiting on the Kyle guy to keep his word and replace it and my fridge. They showed zero respect to my home and personal property and continue to HIDE. They also can’t even caulk and it looks like a blind dog did it.

They gouged up my newly painted walls, cut (2) large 12x4 holes in my cabinet walls to get to sink and didn’t even go thru it or use it and they could’ve just measured it to begin with instead of going to such extremes. Then they didn’t even repair it and just left it for me to repair. They coulda just left me the pieces and I (a girl) would have spackled the pieces BACK IN hello. Then they proceeded to “clean up”, I guess you’d call it, but wiped all my brand new appliances with the same filthy dirty milky white grout dust and quartz dust, bucket of water also used to wipe off the 1” of grout dust sitting on top of my new dishwasher and off THE FLOOR. Those grout granules scratched and ruined my fridge, dishwasher and micro to the point they have a scratched grey look along with the cloudy milky film that stills remains, I can’t get it off and I’ve tried many different things.

I’ve never used anything abrasive. I’ve never used anything with chemicals. I’ve always taken exceptional good care of my stuff and always looked just as good as the day I got them. I use to love my kitchen even with the old tile countertop but thought after all new appliances I should upgrade the countertop. Now that will be a decision that I will forever regret and actually don’t even want to be in my house anymore. I just want to move and sell it, after being in it and my kids growing up in it for over 20+ years. The glory of new countertops faded the same day that they were put in and they mean zilch to me. They’re so ugly anyway and trying to find what I like and would look good off a 1x2” sample is ludicrous; impossible, and for such a huge decision and certainly not a cheap one, you would think that a trustworthy company like HD would have a simple, logical way for the customer to get some kind of idea. But haha wrong again.

The lady working with me at my Las Vegas Serene Home Depot knew I didn’t want anything busy. She was supposed to be working with me and coaching me. Key word: SUPPOSED to. She knew I wanted more of a solid WHITE but said that what ended up being installed would look very nice. Well it doesn’t and I knew it wouldn’t. It’s ugly bathroom looking, VERY busy and CREME COLOR. I had creme. Why would I want that again with my black cabinets. Now I’m stuck hating it to the point I don’t want to look at it or be in the kitchen or even in the house. I want to MOVE. AFTER 20 years. How can this be?? I never got to look at the quartz countertop before it was cut and brought to my home the day of installation.

I never got anything but a guy from English coming to my house with this hi tech laser beam to measure everything precisely which I admit was wonderfully reassuring but that must just be part of their deception, nothing was installed precisely everything from the beginning to the end. Was just a mind blowing ball of destruction and lies, chaos and craziness and it was all so unnecessary. And nobody’s returning calls from HD or English after they haha PROMISE to follow up and call us. I want my appliances back to the condition they were pre-install. They had no business damaging them and if they thought that was going to be a problem they should’ve protected them with some thing that would’ve taken (5) minutes to do and probably cost $1.00.

Bottom line HD hired them and they are HD’s “employees” and FULLY responsible for any screw ups. Nobody returns calls and they just blow us off just like everybody else. THIS IS RIDICULOUS. There are OBVIOUSLY NO BUSINESS ETHICS. Where’s the BBB? This cannot go on and something needs to be done people. We aren’t talking just a couple $100 and it’s not one State, it’s in EVERY State! We are getting “scammed” by a once reputable hardware store and that’s against the law people.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2021

The end result looks good from a distance, but the quality is crap. We had our cabinet makeover done in September 2019. First of all, there was a mistake in the order that I did not catch before signing on the date of install. As a result, one of our upper cabinets did not get refaced on the bottom, so it does not match the rest of the cabinets. Second, we ordered knobs for the doors that did not arrive with the rest of the materials. At the suggestion of our consultant, we had two of our cabinets with shelves and doors to be replaced with 3 large drawers, with the idea that I could store my pots and pans in the drawers for easy access. Well, the first time I tried to put my pots and pans in one of the drawers, one of the supports for the drawer fell out of the cabinet wall! The installer had to come back to fix it and to install the knobs.

Needless to say, I can't store my heavy stuff in any of the drawers. And despite the installer spending lots of time trying to make sure all the drawers were straight, one of them still isn't quite right, and catches on the one below it. Then, one of the knobs kept falling off. I replaced the screw with a longer one, so now it stays on, but it is loose. A few months after installation, our silverware drawer fell out. The glide tracks were only held in place with one screw, where there were holes for 3. Now, one of our cabinet door hinges is all wonky, and it's only been a year! I think the biggest problem is our existing cabinet walls are not strong enough to handle the updates. We should have been advised as such and told that a makeover was not an option. I feel like the consultant just wanted to make the sale. We probably could have bought all new pre-made cabinets and had them installed for less than what we spent on the makeover.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I had been looking forward to having my kitchen remodeled for 15+ years. I finally had the chance to do so. My husband and I went to Home Depot in 2018 for a consultation. The lady told us it would take approximately 3 months. She had the cabinets pictured on the screen just like we wanted. It took them 3 and half months just to get started and 7 and a half months to finish. It’s been 2 years later and my cabinets are falling off the hedges, my plumbing is leaking off and on and my floor is lifting. I will never get another big project done from them again and not to mention we are out of a whole lot of money. Someone on the street could have done a better job. I’m only writing today because I’m sick of it, it’s 2 and half years later on October 9th 2020 at 10:20pm and my husband is trying to fix the leak under the sink again. The faucet is not on correctly so he has to put a bucket under the sink until he can get the tools to fix it tomorrow.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information