Home Depot Kitchens

Home Depot Kitchens

2.7/5 (624 ratings)
Find a Home Improvement Contractors partner

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Home Depot Kitchens

Need help with a repair or new project?

Get matched with a contractor or specialist on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Home Depot Kitchens Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot Kitchens?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

We bought a pantry from Home Depot. Brought home to put together. The hole placements were all wrong on 6 of the pieces. Not enough screws and joints to put together. Plus they cut Styrofoam to pack it. We had to vacuum every piece. We took out of the box outside because all the white pieces were everywhere. Now in the truck and yard....

Original review: Nov. 3, 2022

Very bad service. They didn't tell me or let me know anything. I will not be doing business with them ever again. They are horrible for not telling me anything and not far for me. I don't understand why they can't be better to help customer out.

Get buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2022

We paid Home Depot almost 40,000 dollars last November for a kitchen that was never completed. We were sold a new countertop, backsplash and refinishing of cabinets. After 20 weeks of waiting and purchasing our hardware, new faucets and beginning the required prep work we finally received an update that we shouldn't have been sold the kitchen and they could not complete the work. Never mind the purchases we made and the demo we started on their instructions.

What is worse we didn't even learn this from the team that took our money we had to call other stores and have them check the notes to find out the job was going to be cancelled. We are out the money we spent, we have a partially torn up kitchen and we have still not gotten our money back. The manager we worked with is named Greg ** and he does not call back when he says, his voicemail has been full for weeks, and we gave this team every opportunity (12 months) to refund before writing this review. This is disappointing to say the least.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Needed to purchase a refrigerator. Went to HD looking, the salesperson wasn't interested when I said I was just looking for now. I found her again & asked about 33 inch wide refrigerators. She went around putting a Post It note on all the 33 in fridges then left again. I asked a salesperson. He let her know I had questions & I know I heard her say something derogatory & then came over. I told her I needed it delivered & installed, date of delivery, no show, called the hotline to find out why, not sure what they told me but I finally got it about a week or so later. Didn't know about the 48 hr thing.

The freezer door will only open - half way. It was still sitting in my kitchen with all the packaging still on so I called the hotline again & explained to them as I did with the salesperson, that I was not physically able to bend down & had no idea what to do. After much complaining on the hotline they sent someone out a few days later to set it up for me. I was home when it arrived but had to leave. Someone was there to make sure it was all done right but they indicated they do not set up the insides. One guy spoke no English & the other spoke very little English. I have learned to call the hotline to get action. HD policies needs serious attention and correction.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I say AMAZINGLY positive, only because I expected way less. This isn't my first rodeo with HD! Our other purchases were ranking in the -1 to 1 stars area for customer service, damaged merchandise thrown on my lawn, refusal to pick up said damaged item etc etc etc, NOT SO LONG AGO! I was relentless, with them and I’m sure they can even recall me by name!

If I rate this purchase alone, on overall experience, I would have to give this purchase a 4 star review. Not due to the delivery or merchandise as that went absolutely HITCH FREE! My issue was due to 'dispatch' not making that 'boasted' 30 minute call, before the delivery arrived. My rating is 5 stars because I believe HD went above and beyond after my last 3 experiences with them. My ratings have gone from an average of .5 stars for 3 purchases, to a 4 star experience. To me this is WAY ABOVE IMPROVEMENT! Thank you! And now for my experience….

I've had my issues with online purchases through Home Depot, but this time, they really did redeem themselves. I've been through the HORRIBLE delays, one company blaming the other, having to track down my purchase through a third party, damaged deliveries and other issues that should have sent me running to another supplier. So I didn't expect any different THIS go around. The issue for me was budget, because of course we always have lots of extra cash when our appliances decide to die on us, so I have to say I shopped Labor Day sales at several box stores. HD won by about $30. UGH!

While I wasn't impressed at first, I found that with my recent purchase, I was given a new feature of a tracking page that I found was in real time. I was given a 4 hour window for delivery, but in addition, I was able to track what number I was in line and how many deliveries were before me. While I DID get my item ON TIME and with respectful delivery people, I did NOT receive the promised phone call 30 minutes ahead of the delivery the website boasts. If it WAS MADE, they have neglected to update my phone number on their end of things, from my last 3 purchases. But I was tracking it all day and it worked out PERFECTLY!

I put 5 stars because this is an AMAZING change from the issues we had previously with HD and their following through with calls and returned calls. So hopefully next time I can give a 5 star rating on OVERALL SINGLE service! FINGERS CROSSED! Just REALLY HOPING THAT WON'T BE ANYTIME SOON WITH ANOTHER BLASTED DYING APPLIANCE! THANK YOU HOME DEPOT!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

We signed a contract with Home Depot to reface the cabinets in the kitchen, new countertops, and backsplash. I was told a crew would come out and begin the job. We had one man band come out to handle this job. Instead of just refacing the cabinets they redesigned my kitchen which we never asked for or wanted. The refacing of the cabinets were put on incorrectly. The backsplash which was supposed to be flush was sticking out and uneven. The backsplash was never even completed. He covered it up with our refrigerator where it was not done. The countertops were not what we ordered and were measured incorrectly. I had Cambria come out and look at the countertops and he even told me they were measured incorrectly. In the contract they billed us for a plumber that never came. We had to get our own plumber in here while the gentleman was still in the job. It took almost 2 months just to get that money back.

After numerous phone calls and finally going to corporate they came back out to look at the completed job. It was agreed-upon that they would come back, takeoff the backsplash and redo it and only replace one small countertop. They did not replace the big one which now has my range over too far and not even with it overhead fan. They did come back out and start but never finished. My kitchen is now torn apart and Unfinished. The gentleman took our electric out and we were even left with no electric in the kitchen. I got a phone call saying they would give me $1500 to have somebody come in and complete the job. I’ve had three estimates and the cheapest one was $24,000 to get this back correctly. I even had to pay for an electrician to get my electric connected. I was told the worker had a license to do electric but I can’t find it anywhere.

In the state of Pennsylvania, it’s my understanding that a contractor cannot ask for payment in full, as a down payment, only 1/3 of the price. In order to get this job done we had to pay approximately $27,000 upfront to start the job. As senior citizens on fixed-income this is a disgrace. Company as big as Home Depot would do this. Do not hire them. Save yourself the trouble. I have to now go to court to get my money back. The lawyer is going to cost me more money. Avoid Home Depot!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

Updated on 10/04/2022: 4 months after original order, and receiving no paperwork for the order, I come home to find a letter sent UPS that notified me that I had a 3 day cancellation window. This is the first notification I had of any cancellation policy. 4 months too late!

Original Review: I scheduled an in-home estimate to decide if replacing or refacing was the best way to go. Upon entering my home I told the salesman what I was wanting to find out. He immediately told me my small kitchen would be 24k to replace. After the shock wore off I decided to let him tell me about the refacing. After going thru his sales pitch and seeing the products he's told me that refacing would be 14k. Still a bit shocking, but figured with a difference of 10k refacing was the way I should go. He then told me there was one problem, the wait for install was 8 months out. If I wanted to get on the schedule I would need to order and pay right away! I didn't want to wait that long, but figured I better get on the list or install would not be until into the next year.

Shortly after planning the order and paying, I began worrying that I had made a mistake. I decided to make an appointment with another home store to get more information. After doing a computer design of my kitchen, I was quoted just over 8k for replacing with NEW cabinets. I was furious that the HD salesman so quickly lied to me, telling me that the new cabinets would be 3 times the actual cost to replace with all new cabinets. And these new cabinets were the best of the 3 options available, not a discounted in-stock item.

I called to inform them I wanted to cancel my order and have my money refunded. I was told there would be a 35% cancellation fee, which I was never previously informed about, even though my project was still more than 5 months out! I advanced my complaint to Customer Care only to be given excuse after excuse and to have representatives continue to cover and make excuses for the salesman. This is how important customer service is to Home Depot! I was never advised of ANY cancellation fee, nor was I ever given any paperwork for the order.

All forms were signed electronically and no copy given to me. So, now I have filed the complaint with the Washington State Attorney General's office and am waiting to hear from them. This is how well Home Depot appreciates their loyal customers. I for one will never step for into one of their stores again, and will tell everyone I know just how they do business. Instead of fixing the problem they cover it up and continue to take advantage of their customers with their unscrupulous business practices.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

We ordered kitchen cabinets for our renovation project. HD confirmed delivery July 21st. We received 50% of our order. We spoke to HD several times and each time they said it will be delivered or is out for delivery. They did confirm Coyote Logistics was suppose to deliver the 2nd half of our order. Several calls later and today is Aug 2nd, HD said our product is lost and there is nothing they can do about it., Too bad. This screw up is costing us $291 per day, but HD and all of their employees don’t care. Customer service is non-existent. Do not order anything from HD if they do not have the inventory in the store. They use JW and Coyote Logistics in AZ and these two companies could not find their right foot if they had to and HD doesn’t give a crap.

Original review: July 29, 2022

Nothing but a total nightmare from the beginning. I did the kitchen design process with a designer online, which apparently complicates things even more if you don't do it in store. Impossible for them to get in touch with the contractor, who only responds about once a week. Contractor also provided very vague estimate and I had to go back through my designer multiple times to ask the contractor additional questions. My advice, do your own quality assurance! My designer picked the wrong countertops, which I only caught because the price was different than what was listed online. Then the contractor wanted to charge for installation of 9 cabinets, while I only had 8. Contractor also said countertop people do the plumbing, which they don't because I called the countertop company and checked. But here's the best part..... I didn't find out until after I purchased my cabinets and countertops that they request payment in full for the labor!!! Who does that?!

I said I was ok with a down payment and then paying the remaining balance after the work was complete, but Home Depot wasn't having it. I would steer clear. I now have kitchen cabinets sitting in my living room with nobody to install them. In the process of hiring someone who can actually handle doing this job. Oh and I purchased cabinets from American Woodmark, recommended by the designer. I uploaded photos.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Installation and construction jobs promised during site verification: During my initial kitchen design process, I received two site verification visits by two different Home Depot contractors. It was discovered during the site verification process that door casings and all molding would need to be removed, the ceiling HVAC vent would need to be rotated, water heater would need to be removed, and wall and ceiling drywall would probably need to be repaired. The two different contractors that visited my home told me that they would do this work as part of the demolition and installation work. The only thing I would be responsible for was installation of flooring, which I made separate arrangements for.

When the crew arrived to complete the demo of my kitchen, I now had a third, different contractor, and it seemed as though none of these details were communicated to them and they weren’t even told what aspects of the kitchen were meant to be demoed. They were stunned when I told them that the closet was being demoed, even though it is clearly noted in my design packet. They did not know about the movement of the HVAC vent and they said I would need to hire someone to complete the drywall and ceiling repairs. They also did not unhook or remove the water heater. I have now had to hire subcontractors and pay additional money to:

• demo remaining molding and casings;
    • repair walls due to holes made during demo;
    • repair ceiling due to holes made during demo;
    • rotate HVAC vent and repair ceiling; and

• unhook and remove water heater.

Initial wait time for cabinet manufacturing and delivery: Due to COVID-19 and supply chain issues, I was informed that my estimated manufacture and delivery timeline would be expanded from the normal 6 to 8 weeks to 10 to 15 weeks, which I agreed to. I ended up waiting 25 weeks from my order date for the delivery of cabinets. Upon delivery, documentation shows that part of my cabinets sat in the warehouse from May 16, 2022 to July 12, 2022, while the other half of my cabinets were delivered to the wrong address and then later delivered to me unboxed and damaged.

Mislabeling and miscommunication with TSP delivery service: At the end of May 2022, I first became aware that half of my cabinet order had been accidentally mislabeled with another person’s name and address. After contacting Home Depot, I was instructed to contact the shipping company Tri State Precision Inc. (TSP). They told me they only had one cabinet order for me and that the other order number I provided was in the name of a Joshua **, but they would try to straighten out the issue.

When I informed the Home Depot of this issue, they called the shipping company and were told that the cabinets had been delivered to this other person. Shortly after, the Home Depot began an order for new cabinets to be manufactured. Within another week, I was contacted by the shipping company who falsely explained that the cabinets had never left the warehouse and they were ready to schedule delivery, so Home Depot cancelled my new cabinet order. On July 12, when my cabinets were delivered, the delivery driver informed me that my cabinets had previously been delivered to a different address, and that they were damaged, but he was told to put them back in the truck and deliver them anyway. He helped me to identify each one that was damaged. It was very easy to tell as the cabinets had been unboxed and were just wrapped in brown paper.

At this point, this began to feel less like a miscommunication and more like being lied to about the state of my cabinets. When I called the delivery company, as my cabinets were coming in the door, they could not offer an explanation as to what had happened and said I should contact Home Depot. I have now had to provide documentation of the damaged cabinets to the manufacturer and will have to wait another six to eight weeks, if not more to receive my new cabinets.

Wait Time and Displacement Before Installation: When speaking with the project coordinator Amelia, she scheduled my kitchen demolition for July 12 to coincide with the delivery of my kitchen cabinets. Their rationale for this was that the contractor would be present and would be able to account for all necessary materials and ensure the quality of the cabinets while demo was happening. The demo was completed during the hours of 8:00 to 12:00 PM and the cabinets arrived at 5:30 PM. The contractor and the crew did not return for the delivery of the cabinets to assess their completeness or quality.

Now, since July 12, my house is packed to the ceiling with cabinet boxes, my kitchen is demolished, and now I don’t have all of the cabinets to be able to put the kitchen back together. It is likely another six weeks before new cabinets are completed, and then wait for shipping, and availability of the crew return and install. My house is really not livable at the moment and now I am to be displaced longer.

Home Depot Kitchens Company Information