Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

109 Home Depot Expo Design Center Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We wanted a dishwasher and floor. After all was said and done, $18k later, no dishwasher or floor. What we did get: 6-7 new base cabinets, 5 resurfaced cabinets, new countertop and sink installed in our small kitchen. Seems there was a whole lot of promises made, not written, not done. VERY EXPENSIVE. We have called and no good. They said only cabinets for that price, nothing else. The job took a lot longer than promised. I would never recommend Home Depot to anyone.

Original review: March 26, 2016

Had an outside security door installed by Greencraft Interiors through Home Depot. I am unable to download the pics I have. Work was horrible had to complain to corporate. They sent John **, district manager for Home Depot and some other guy to look at shoddy work. Mr. ** stood there smirking at me. They have agreed to take door off and refund my money although it has been over a week but they refuse to put my old door on. As you can see they charged me $25 to haul away old door, yet never asked me if it were okay. I would never use this company again, and dealing with the complaint department in GA is another joke. Kristy you are not very nice.

Get expert buying tips about Home Improvement Contractors delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2015

I was approached in the store and asked if I was interested in a remodeling projects in my kitchen or bathroom(s) as they offered a free in-home design consultation that would provide ideas and pricing that would be good for a year. I responded that the kitchen had already been done but was interested in ideas for the master bath.

They asked if all decision-makers/homeowners would be present at the scheduled appt. and I responded that I was it and would be. My husband and I bought the house 18 year ago and he has been out of the picture for 5 years now. I always have been financially responsible and continue to be and am the only decision-maker/owner that would have a say in any design decisions. As far as payment, well that would also be on me. Keep in mind this is a design consultation only and how I proceed as far as purchasing the materials and hiring/paying for contractors is not under discussion at all.

I find it outrageous and insulting as a professional woman that in this day and age I was told that my husband was required to be there for a design consult. He has no interest or say in the matter at all. As far as HD and their policy/legal concerns, that is nonsense at the stage of a free in-home design consultation. Insulting, to say the least! They are certainly not respecting me as the only present and responsible homeowner. Again, I am not seeking financing or looking to move walls, merely ideas on replacing an old shower and bathroom flooring. Home Depot has completely lost me on this!

Original review: March 24, 2015

We went to Home Depot on De Anza Blvd, San Jose know as the Cupertino Home Depot. We made an appointment for someone to come out about a complete Bathroom remodel. The next week before our scheduled appointment we got a call saying they had to reschedule us for a week later. Not happy about that but I said, "Ok we'll see you next week." Today 3-24-15 the day before our rescheduled appointment I got another call saying that they have a scheduling conflict and need to reschedule us again. I asked who it is that's so much more important than I am that is getting my appointment? She just continued trying to give me a new date so I just hung said thank you and hung up the phone.

My wife said she wants them to keep the appointment for tomorrow and called them back. She has been given another number to call and then transferred three times. Finally she was told by the customer service department that they are trying to get a hold of the person that does the scheduling and has escalated the issue. She is suppose to call us back. So many troubling things about this. #1 I do not feel like my business is important to them. #2 The store in Cupertino was not aware of the problem. #3 It shows a lack of coordination on their part as well the ability to do a job promptly. If I am having these kinds of issues just getting them to my house the first time then what am I to expect when the floors and walls are all ripped out. Could this remodel go into added month or worse?

My wife just got a call back and they put her on hold while they try to have her talk to the original scheduling person. We asked them to straighten this out. We should not have to start all over again with them. Ok now the woman says it's unfortunate and my wife asked to talk to a supervisor. She was put on hold again so she hung up and called the number and had to tell her story to a recording. Now my wife is trying to talk to ** at Customer Service who she already spoke to. Forget it. We will have to use Lowe's or someone else.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2013

Ordered carpet and Vinyl to be installed 4 weeks ago. Everything paid in full. When I ordered it, I asked the sales person approximately how long it would take to get the job done. She had told me about 2-3 weeks. Well as of today, it's been 4 weeks. The product was received 2 weeks ago and they are FINALLY calling today to set up an install date. The soonest they have is in 11 days! You got to be kidding me!!! Now... that would be over 5 weeks! And they won't schedule the carpet install until the vinyl is completed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2012

I contracted with HD to install new windows in my FL home. The contract specifically stated the job to be done before Thanksgiving 2011. The job is sill not finished and they sent me a demand for payment! Too many details to list each one, but the main factor is the disorganization between HD, HD local install manager and the contractors. Just a miserable experience!

Original review: June 11, 2012

I purchased four Maytag appliances, including a Maytag refrigerator, in April 2011. At the time of purchase, I also purchased the extended protection plans offered by The Home Depot for all 4 appliances. I've had a refrigerator door hinge fail and have been told that this is not a covered repair due to the section labeled “abuse” under the terms and conditions. This refrigerator has not been abused or mistreated in any way. When I stated this, I was told that this would not be covered due to "normal wear and tear.” My policy states that it covers "normal wear and tear.” When I brought this up, the agent and the store representatives fell back on the "abuse" theory. Not one representative has visually inspected my refrigerator.

I have had to fight my way to local store managers. Today, I'm told that they will order the part and have someone from their store install it. Home Depot also states that they don't know what they are selling when they sell the service plans. How on earth do you sell something and not know what you are selling? This issue should never have gone this far. The original representative should not have accused me of "abuse.” This is extremely offensive. This is the last straw. I will never shop at Home Depot again!

Original review: May 30, 2012

I was told the R-Panel roofing would be in by the end of the week (special order). I ordered and paid for it on the 21st of May. On Friday of that week, Dean from HD left a message. I called him back. He appeared confused as to who I was. He then asked me if I ordered 14 panels. I said yes. He then said okay and hung up. I called today the 30th to get the status. The order desk said Dean left a message on a phone last week that is not mine and advised that the order was late. Now, they tell me it won't be here until the 9th or so. That's 19 days. I took 5 days of annual leave this coming week to put the roof on. The roof won't be here! The guy at the desk said he would call me back after talking with the supplier. It's been two hours and there’s no call back. Yes, I am angry big time. Now what?

Original review: May 27, 2012

I went in on Saturday, May 26th, 2012, to have a key made for my car. They made me a key. The key didn’t work and they messed up my original key, so I could not unlock or even get in my car. When I told them of this, they said it wasn’t their fault, but it was fine until they tried making a key. I believe they should pay for the amount that it will cost me to have this fixed.

Original review: March 25, 2012

Masonite exterior doors: These doors were sold at Home Depot as a special order, 1999-2005. Home Depot was paid extra money by the manufacturer Masonite in Dickson, TN for its display to be put up in many of the stores with glossy 8.5" x 11" advertising limited lifetime guarantee. These doors were nearly 3x more than other doors Home Depot was selling at the time, averaging $3,000 - $5,000. My door was installed by a Home Depot contractor.

A review of the internet list hundreds of complaints. Many of the doors were warping and leaking within months of purchase. Repeated calls to Home Depot corporate office resulted in being connected with Masonite. Masonite Customer Service is non-existent; they give countless excuses for the doors' failure. None of which was their fault. To the best of my knowledge, Masonite did not stand behind any of the complaints. We were all scammed, and Home Depot knows it and will not intercede.

Home Depot Expo Design Center Company Information