1.34/5
Based on 53 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

87 Home Depot Bathrooms Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

We used Home Depot's subcontractor, High Definition Bath Solutions located in Anaheim, CA. We are located in Northern California. The crew who did the install on our bathroom made many mistakes that I caught since the project manager is never on site, in fact they manage projects remotely, 400 miles away. It took a lot of grief and complaining to get anything fixed and the 2 week tiny bathroom remodel project, still isn't resolved 3 months later! WE HAD A NON-FUNCTIONING BATHROOM 2 MONTHS!!! The customer service at this company is the worst I’ve ever experienced, the way the project manager spoke to me was so disrespectful. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. It was a horrible experience that haunts me every time I look at my crooked tile job. Poor craftsmanship, lazy customer service, and no supervision on the project site.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I placed an order in the store to be delivered to my home. The tank arrived -- but no toilet base. After a week I returned to the store to find it had been shipped, broken, to the wrong store -- and that model toilet was no longer available. After an hour's worth of hassle at the store we found another toilet that met our specs and placed the order. When it arrived at the house the box looked like Frankenstein: kicked in, stitched together with tape and upon opening looked like a hand grenade had gone off inside. There were literally chunks of porcelain falling out the bottom of the box. That base went back and they shipped another -- which also arrived broken in pieces. On the fourth try we got a good base and I called the plumber to install. He told me he'd recently gone to Home Depot with a customer and they'd opened 12 toilet boxes -- all in the store -- before they found one intact. No wonder these damn things cost $350.

Get expert buying tips about Online Bathroom Fixtures and Plumbing delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

To 'save me money' plumbers have gotten sink and shower fixtures from Home Depot. Don't let them do it. They look shiny and good for their purpose when, in fact, they are made of cheap plastic that does not stand up to use. And don't let the brand names fool you. I had a shower head clog up and, when I disassembled it, I found that the inside had just flaked off pieces of plastic clogging the ports. I bought a replacement from a local plumbing supply house and, six years later, it's in perfect condition.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

I ordered a power flush toilet for my handicapped son. After a long wait it arrives at the store. I go pick it up and when we open the box, the tank is cracked. I use online chat, email, and phone and they all tell me, "I would LIKE to help, but I can't." Bottom line is I have to buy another $350 toilet to get the broken part replaced. So I do it which will cause another trip to Home Depot to pick it up because they won't waive the shipping charges. Then I get an email from UPS telling me that they are picking up the broken toilet (which I never requested) from a house I lived in three years ago. I tried to get that cancelled, but UPS said, it was a Home Depot problem, not theirs. So today the new toilet is supposedly at the store (trip 3) and I will make them open the box to make sure this one is intact before I leave the store. Then I still have to rebox the broken one and lug the whole unit back to the store to return it.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I paid over $5,000 to have tub and wall surrounding replaced. After 6 years the chrome faucet is no longer chrome, it's a dull grey. It's a single handle faucet and was told if I hit it the hot water would cut off. That didn't work. The tub has discolored in places. Can't remove stain. My water has iron and that is what caused the stain. The company that Home Depot contracted with didn't do what it said as far as the tub was concerned. The Home Depot needs to do a better job with the companies they contract to do the work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I was at the store to purchase a hot water heater at 10 55 am. Sign read same day installation if in by noon. I had the assist manager working with me on the phone until 12:25 then she left me having finally contacted scheduling for me. I was informed the best they could do was next day between 9 and 2. That is not same day installation.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I signed up with Home Depot to have a water heater installed. They sent a company called ARS Rescue Rooter. The next day I smelled gas. When a different technician was sent out, it was revealed that the first technician had not connected the gas or had connected it so inadequately that it had not remained connected, thus resulting in gas going into my home for a 24 hour period. The outcome could have been far worse. I reported this to Home Depot, but they turned it back over to ARS. I signed the contract with Home Depot. My point here is that you don't have control over who your contractor is when you hire Home Depot. It seems to me that Home Depot then absolves themselves of responsibility.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I purchased a Glacier Bay all in one toilet to install myself. I had already removed the old toilet and was in a hurry(!!) to install the new one. I got the new toilet out of the box and had it installed in about 10 minutes. The only problem was that the toilet seat that had come with the toilet was broken. One of the two tabs that attach the seat to the toilet was broken and so you could only attach the seat with one bolt.

I called customer service and got a very nice lady on the phone from Home Depot. Once she had confirmed that I had bought the toilet there, she arranged for a replacement toilet seat to be sent. She promised to call me back by Wednesday (this was on Monday) once she got a confirmation from HD that they would send the replacement seat. She called back in like five minutes and said that she had gotten the confirmation email and the seat would be to me in 7-10 days. I got the seat on WEDNESDAY!! It was FedEx'd to me priority. I am very happy with the toilet and the service. Thank you Home Depot.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Purchased 2 Glacier Bay bathroom faucets. The cartridges inside have failed and the leaks have caused the water to corrode the metal and eat away the finish. We contacted Home Depot and they told us that the "Lifetime Warranty" they advertised at one time, now is only 90 days on these products. They sent us to Glacier Bay. The only contact for Glacier Bay on the web is Home Depot. We contacted Home Depot by email and sent the pics attached to them and they will send us replacement cartridges to stop the leaks, but will do nothing to replace or warranty the damage done as a result of these failing.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I am a homeowner and ordered 2 toilets from Home Depot as well as their delivery, installation and removal of the 2 old toilets. This work and products were contracted in writing with Home Depot, but on the scheduled day for the products and work to be provided, Home Depot never showed up, never contacted me to advise me of the cancellation or any reason for it. I wasted a whole day of taking off work (for which I was not paid) to provide access to the installer who never showed up.

I took off the next day to spend hours and hours calling every department of Home Depot, as well as the local Terminal Ave. branch in Vancouver where I had done the ordering, and Home Depot's Head Office in Canada and the US, as well as the Escalation Department, Accounts Department, Installation Department, Project Coordination Department, Delivery Department, etc. I was put on hold each time that I was passed to a new person or new department, and each "hold" was for 30-60 minutes minimum. I was hung up on repeatedly, told that no one knew why my order had been cancelled or why no installer showed up.

Unsolicited by me, Home Depot opted to send me a refund (as I had paid for the products and work in full weeks earlier when the order was placed -- I was told that I had to pay in full upfront, or Home Depot would not place my order). They did not explain or apologize for their mistakes and made no effort to rebook the work or deliver the product. Home Depot falsely advertises extensively (including on its phone line while customers are put on hold endlessly) its "worry-free installations," its "100% customer satisfaction guaranteed," and its "installation results guaranteed," but Home Depot did not make good on any of these claims to me.

I never received my products or services from Home Depot = 0% customer satisfaction, and zero guarantee of installation. These are the facts about Home Depot; it should not be permitted to continue to blatantly lie about its products and services. Consumer Affairs advocates must investigate Home Depot immediately in regard to their lengthy bad record of customer complaints and hold Home Depot accountable for its false advertising and breaches of contracts with customers.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I wish I had consulted this website before signing an $40K+ project with HD to partially renovate a guest bath and top down renovation of master bath. I completely agree with another reviewer. I thought we were paying for a general contractor (Romanoff) with the backing of HD but we ended up doing much of the supply ordering, installation scheduling and issue resolution ourselves. ROM managed the materials ordered through them. They would not order the faucets, shower fixtures or quartz countertops so we ordered them directly from HD and then had to manage them. Romanoff (ROM) contractors came without knowledge of the contract and specifications.

Electrician, plumber, demo/staller - none of them came prepared. Insufficient tile was ordered, shower door not cut properly, vanity plumbing had to be redone- all causing delays. Most of the work was completed on December 28 but a 13 item punch list is still incomplete on 1 Feb. HD makes you pay upfront when you sign a contract which was 6 Sept 2017! We have gotten the HD District Manager involved which does not seem to have improved the situation. If you are among those with no shows or unreturned calls from HD - consider yourself LUCKY!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

On 9-26-17 I placed an online order with Home Depot. They took my money and sent a confirmation of shipping. 10 days later I still had not received my order and contacted Home Depot. At first they claimed I did not make an order. After showing them the receipt, bank debit and confirmation numbers they spent an hour on the phone claiming their shipper was at fault and lost the shipment. I gave them 3 more days to fix the problem to no avail. At this point I requested a refund. They sent me an email claiming they would credit my account (which has not yet happened) but ONLY for the cost of the item, less the sales tax AND shipping charge. So a warning to everyone. Home Depot is not only an unreliable vendor but will only refund part of your payment if they refund anything at all despite the fact that they did not ship the product and made continuous claims that they would fix their internal problems.

Original review: July 15, 2017

Was told the bathroom had to be measured before installing new toilet, but I would be reimbursed after buying and paying for it. Toilet and vanity was installed, but Home Depot never reimbursed me for the measuring. I went back three times, they did not reimburse me. I will never buy anything except small items from them again.

Original review: June 9, 2017

I ordered a tub online from on May 31 from Home Depot, it was supposed to arrive June 6-9. It didn't. My contractor left because he needs to put the tub in to continue the renovation. I didn't understand why an average tub takes 10 days to be delivered in the first place. I called the ridiculously, awful HD Customer Service and waited for 2 hours to get an answer. Not one person could tell me where my tub was or when it would be delivered. How do you lose track of a tub? Finally I got through to the store and was promised a call back, of course that never came either. Home Depot has to be the worst store on earth. I will never step foot in there again.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I needed help investigating the internal parts of my shower system exclusive to Home Depot (Glacier Bay). Keith was the employee which took the time to help me be knowledgeable about the parts I required to disassemble my shower, order the parts and fix my shower. This was appreciated very much by me. Could you please forward this to the Superstition Springs store where he works. I would shop at this location again because of him.

Original review: March 21, 2017

Canadian Spa Company; on the Home Depot website (Canada) and also to purchase on-line. Home Depot claims this company's hot tubs are made in Canada. Some say 100% Canada made, other hot tubs for sale say Canadian but assembled with foreign parts in Canada. This is all false and very very misleading. Every single Canadian Spa Company hot tub is made in China. Taken right from Home Depot's website "to purchase" it reads on this hot tub; Certified - Yes - Country of Origin - CA-Canada. Many have complained over the years to Consumer Affairs but Consumer Affairs just lets this happen. They say they are too busy for these type of complaints. Canadian Spa Company's logo is the Canadian Maple Leaf. How can this be allowed?

Original review: March 8, 2017

Placed an order on 12/31/16 for a bathroom vanity. Order was confirmed and billed. Item was delivered 2 weeks late and damaged. Placed a new order, requested a RA for damaged unit. No one would pick it up, so I was billed for both units. Second unit never delivered. Couldn't find unit, but wouldn't let me cancel as customer service rep said it had shipped. Local store had to come pick up damaged unit as delivery company never came. It took 27 documented phone calls and 12 emails, to get the damaged unit picked up and cancel the lost 2nd item.

Throughout the process with customer service reps/supervisors, I was told that extensive notes were being placed in my file. Each phone with Resolution Expediters indicated that was incorrect. I was told that if I didn't answer my phone shipping company would not leave message nor would they call back. I was told that this was not common practice nor common customer experience from Home Depot. I would strongly discourage online purchases from Home Depot. Amazon is far superior.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I just recently obtained a quote from one of Home Depot's preferred contractors. WOW the quote came in at over $22 000 dollars + HST not incl. vanity, and the fixtures were quoted at a base rate when it's all said and done it would be at over $30 000 dollars. That is 700-750 dollars a sq ft. The average cost is 250 - 300 dollars a sq ft on the low end. I have no idea how they are quoting jobs. I understand the quality maybe better. I know people that have built high end custom homes for 400-450 dollars a sq ft. Our ensuite is tiny it is only 40 sq ft. We renovated our kitchen last year which is 150 sq ft for less than $25 000 dollars, how does a tiny washroom cost more than a kitchen. Good thing I'm in the construction industry and quote civil work and I know what things cost.

My question is, "How many poor people have they taken advantage of?" For better quality I would be willing to pay 400-450 a sq ft which is well over the average but not close to triple the average. I will add one thing a small 2 x 2 window and some marble was incl. in their quote that is why we would of paid 450-500 dollars a sq ft which is still high, like I said before average cost to build high end is 450-500 dollars a sq ft. For 700 dollars a sq ft you could get solid gold fixtures tiles etc. and have everything imported from Italy. I knew going to Home Depot I would be overpaying which I was prepared to do so but I refuse to pay triple the norm. I'm hoping that people who are unaware of what things cost educate yourself before you spend your money foolishly.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Ordered a tub and surround for delivery. Worst experience ever. First two delivery attempts I waited, they didn't come. I called and they increased the delivery time from 5pm until 8:30pm. Waited all day. Still didn't come. Rescheduled for next day Saturday. Tub came but it was a left-hand tub. The bill they had clearly said right-hand tub. So I refused it. Now I'm waiting again to be rescheduled. 2 weeks and I'm still waiting. My whole reno and moving in is on hold because of this. HD please do something. Your service has become unbearable. Hey Rona how's it going?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

September 22, 2016. We went to Home Depot in London to look for a walk-in shower and get pricing. We found a 5-foot shower we liked and the store put the order in through Home Depot's online service for the shower and also a shower door. We were told we could expect delivery in 10 to 14 days and that we would receive a call from the delivery folks. September 29th - Received email saying that same-day courier would call to arrange a delivery date for the 'Door ONLY'.

They called October 5th and we arranged for delivery on October 11th. The only time frame the courier could give us was delivery sometime between 9 am & 5 pm. Because we had a previous problem with a dishwasher delivery August 2015, and I had not heard anything from the courier at 4:15 pm, I decided to call for an update. I was put on hold and then told that they would contact the driver and that I would receive a call-back within 10 minutes. No call came and I called again at 4:50 pm. Once more I was put on hold then told the delivery time had changed to between 1:00 and 6:00 pm. The driver arrived at 6:30 pm with the door. My entire day was wasted waiting.

I waited for another whole week (Oct 18th) and then called to enquire about the shower delivery. Again put on hold and then after at least 5 minutes was told they would check on a shipping date and call me back. There was NO CALL. On October 31st I visited the London store and asked for help. A very nice lady in Kitchen/Bath tried to help me and made some calls. After 1-1/2 hours she informed me that the ship date was in 2 days - on Nov 2nd - but that it could take up to 3 weeks for us to receive the shower. On November 1st, I received an email stating that the ship date had been changed to November 7th.

On November 2nd I called to On-Line and spoke with a gentleman who was very pleasant and after about one hour on the phone informed me that the ship date was now moved to November 5th. Later that same day, I received another email stating that the shower had been shipped, no date was given. November 3rd, I received a call from someone requesting my card number who said that they were trying to put the charge for the shower through on my card and that it had been declined.

I explained that it was not possible because we have a credit limit of $4,200 and we had a zero balance since June 2016. The only purchases put on the card were for the shower and the door. The total cost for both these items including shipping was 2,579.20 which would leave us an available balance of $1,620.80 on our card. I suggested that it looked as though the shower had already been billed to my card. I was told to call the Credit Department to get the issue resolved. Citi credit agreed that our card had been paid in full in June 2016 and that the only charges since then were at approximately $3,400. They would check to see why the error was made and have it corrected.

I have spent a minimum of 2 full days of my time trying to get these issues resolved and still do not have the shower or any real idea of when it will get delivered. I waited for over a month before having old tub and shower removed so that we could prepare for the shower installation. We have no shower now and it has greatly disrupted our life. We had planned to visit my mother mid-November who is ill and in a home in Saint John, New Brunswick. Our trip has been put on hold because of this mess. Every day it seems we are told a different story by different people. Both our plumber and electrician have been very understanding and have rescheduled their time around the ever changing delivery dates. However, they have both told us that they have other work they need to commit to. This just adds to the stress and uncertainty.

We have been loyal customers for the past several years and have always suggested Home Depot to friends and family. We have spent over $10,000 dollars at Home Depot in the past year. I know this amount is insignificant to your corporate gross sales but to us $10,000 is a substantial investment. We are going into our 8th week of waiting for the shower and still have no confirmation of when we will receive delivery. We are retired and this has caused considerable upheaval in our home and stress for both my wife and myself.

I am requesting an answer from customer care with confirmation that the billing has been cleared up with regards to my credit card and with definite firm dates for delivery. We feel strongly that we should be given some compensation from Home Depot for our suffering. This project started out with enthusiasm and excitement over getting a new renovated bathroom and it is fast becoming a nightmare with no end in sight. I am sure you would agree that having to go to a friends house for a shower is not an idyllic situation. I look forward to a reply by return email. PS - We now have had 5 conversations with customer care and although they continue to promise delivery and say they will call back they do not and we still have no shower as of November 10th.

Original review: May 2, 2016

I ordered a brand of toilet online that they don't offer in the store late March 2016. Had it shipped to the store. When I went to pick it up it was damaged. So, another was ordered. The second one came in and it was damaged. A third was ordered only to find out a week later that my order had been canceled because there were multiple transactions of the same amount charged on my Home Depot credit card (due to the toilet being returned and charged several times.) It is now May 2016 and I still have a bathroom without a toilet.

The thing that upsets me the most is that upon speaking to several Home Depot people on the phone they all had an attitude with me. One of them said, "Well, I'm offering you 15% off and I didn't have to." Another said, "Well, there's nothing we can do about it." And when asked to speak to a supervisor, one of them said, "They're not here right now." Needless to say, my business is going elsewhere.

Original review: March 30, 2016

BATHROOM INSTALLATION SERVICES - DO THEY EVEN EXIST? I shouldn't be rating HOME DEPOT'S bathroom installation services because no one ever showed up to even provide me with a quote. First visit to the store we registered with a sales rep from the Plumbing Department. We were assured one of their contractor would call us to arrange for measurement of custom shower doors and provide us with a quote for installation. We were supplied a printout and verified all contact info.

72 hours later we had not received a call. Several days later we had to visit to store to pick up other items. We tried again this time with Bill from the Plumbing Dept. A phone #, name, address, search failed to produce our original order in the computer system. Again, we were assured that we would hear within 24 hours and we did. We could not determine the name of the contractor due to the fact the company rep calling spoke little English and communications were difficult at best. We did successfully set a date and time for a rep to come and visit.

The following day Maria called and changed the date. Today she first called to rescheduled time of the appointment ruining our afternoon plans. Maria called again to inform us that today was not a convenient time for them. They'd have to reschedule to a different day. We protested and asked to speak to her manager. She just hung up.

I called in to the 800 HOMEDEPOT number on my Service Connect sheet to let them know that their vendors were no different than the typical Florida remodeling contractor who had taken on more work than they could handle. At least the typical Florida contractor shows up, provides a quote, requests a deposit, promises a start and finish date and never meet expectations. HOME DEPOT VENDORS ARE JUST WASTE YOUR TIME AND DON'T SHOW UP.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2016

I need to remodel my bathroom but am short in cash. Went to HD to get an estimate and they send someone to provide the estimate. I was clear on my limitations and what I also needed to do to lower my costs. I also told the person that I could not even start any job in my house until Jan 10. Even so the person insisted on getting ready and got me to sign contracts ahead of time so that things could get ready. I was foolish and did so. Now because I found I can't do the project and I allowed them to continue pushing they are hitting me with penalties.

I recognize that I'm responsible for signing something I should not have signed but it seemed to be the only way to get the estimates I needed. I expected to have to pay some kind of penalty for my foolishness but 350 dollars seem excessive, to say the least, when my mistakes occurred because of their incessant pushing to get things underway. Though I have the paperwork I signed, there is no contract, or project number, on them. There is a mention of "General Terms for Cancellation" but they were not included on my paperwork and I did not ask because I thought that it was understood that nothing could go forward until after Jan 10 when I would be in better shape to make a final decision.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

We needed to get a new tub and walls over an existing tub. We called Home Depot and they sent out someone for a consultation. Well, she went on about how the job would take a day, how a professional would come out and use Laser Technology to measure the tub so the new tub going over the existing tub would be fitted precisely. She also addressed some concerns I had about existing walls and if they had any mold, how they would they handle that, and if the space between the old tub and new tub would have some insulation or something to be sure there was no give between the two tubs.

She sat there and flat out lied about everything. The guy that measured had no Laser tool to measure the tub. She told me that if there was anything wrong with the walls they would be replaced with special sheetrock meant for moisture, and all mold issues would be taken care of before replacing the tub. She also told me that the tubs were solid and that there would be no give on the walls because the walls fit perfectly and the backing would prevent any movement if the wall was pressed.

All the above was a lie from her just to sell the product and make her profit. When I get into the new tub and surround walls it sounds like I am getting into a rowboat, it creaks. The walls actually move when you place your hand on them as if there was nothing behind the wall. It has been 4 months since install and black mold spots where the caulking was done has appeared. Yes, I use a towel after every shower to dry walls and caulk to prevent mold. I was told the tub would be extremely easy to clean and that I could use a squeegee (another lie). This tub has everything stick to it. I have to clean it after every bath.

The installer spent more time outside smoking than inside working. He did not show up every day until 11 am or later and stepped outside every 20 min to smoke. It took 3 days!! The tub was not measured correctly because the installer kept taking the tub part outside to cut it over and over again, same for walls. Worse than that is he had trouble with install and actually cut a gaping hole in the original tub to put in drain. He opened it like a can and welded it back together.

The tub itself is not level. The walls are not cut right and are not level with the tub. I am so unhappy, but from all these reviews I have seen, I know if I call and complain nothing will get done. All I can say is they will get theirs. I can promise you that. I may have charged this, but they will not be getting paid in full. The debris that was not contained caused me to have to go to the Dr for a sinus infection. I never get sinus infections. Bad, bad, bad all around. Don't believe their lies. Shame on you Home Depot!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2015

I ordered a new toilet (1.5 gpm) at the Watertown store around 7/28/15. The first attempted delivery came a few weeks later. I opened the box with the delivery men there. Part of the pedestal was broken in two places. PLUS... the water tank had previously had a break that someone fixed with clear cement! Naturally, I returned it. The next attempt did not even get to my door because UPS found damage before it shipped it to me. (Hooray for UPS.) Finally, the third attempt was successful. My plumber was able to install a new toilet.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

We placed an order for a toilet on Homedepot.com on 9/3/15. The product was shipped to a store and arrived sooner than expected (on 9/8/15) but was damaged. The store called to let me know and I was transferred a few times, put on hold, and ultimately was told to call homedepot.com. I was told they would reorder the item and they would give me a 10% discount (which showed up fairly quickly on my credit card statement).

On 9/14/15 I received an email that I needed to contact homedepot.com to give them more information on the reorder. When I called in, I was told they could not order a new toilet that way and that a new order was never placed and that the item was now out of stock online (but in their warehouse). I was told the item would be restocked online in 24 hours and that a new order would be placed. I got another email on 9/16/15 with my original order so I called in to double check. Good thing I did, because it was not an actual order and the item was still out of stock online. I was told it would take up to 72 hours to show up on their website and I would be notified immediately so I could place another order and that they would cancel the original order.

Today is 9/22/15 and there is no credit on my credit card yet for the cancelled order, it has been more than 72 hours, and the toilet is still not back in stock. Overall, I have called Home Depot at least 7 times, been on the phone for at least 2 hours total, spoken with many incompetent employees, have no toilet, no refund, and don't know if I will receive a toilet before our bathroom remodel is scheduled to finish. We will be placing our order through another site as I will no longer be shopping at Home Depot. Really disappointed with their level of service and the inconsistent answers I received when calling in.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2015

I purchased $500 worth of porcelain tile for my bathroom remodel at the Madison, TN store today. The tile was available in several sizes and nice quality. However, they had ONE box of bullnose to finish the edges. I had previously looked at this same tile in the Hendersonville store; same situation. They told me they usually stock only a couple of boxes of the bullnose. After checking with 5 other area stores, I found that I will have to get the remaining 40 tiles I need by traveling a total of 156 miles to 3 other locations because none of them have more than 1 or 2 boxes. This is ridiculous! I was told they used to have a truck that traveled between the Nashville stores to pick up products that customers requested when it wasn't in their local store but that is no longer done. Very poor customer service decision! Home Depot needs to realize they have competition. I will think twice about purchasing tile there again.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

My husband and I had someone from Home Depot come out and give us an estimate on replacing our shower, putting tile in our tiny bathroom and laundry area floor. (56 square feet total for both rooms) They also replaced the sink and showed fixtures. The man estimated the job at 17,200 dollars, after a ten percent discount. Stupidly, without getting another estimate, we signed with Home Depot. We were told it would be 4 to 6 weeks for supplies to arrive then they would call to schedule a start date. All costs were paid up front on the day we signed. During the six week period, we received two canned e-mails from Home Depot saying virtually, "Hang tight, we want you to be happy with your experience, bla bla bla." After three months passed, my husband called and asked for a start date. They came out the following week.

The work crew did a wonderful job. They were professional and courteous. I have since viewed two bathroom remodels done by other companies. I was sick to my stomach when I saw what how much they got for their dollar in comparison to what we paid for much less. We got a shower, 56 square feet of floor tile, two sets of faucet fixtures, cost for tear out and removal, and labor for $17,200. No one's fault but ours for not shopping around. A pricey lesson to learn, but learn we have. No more Home Depot for us.

Original review: July 31, 2015

I should have known when they told me they don't do "measures" for free any more. They know they're going to be so outrageously high on labor costs, they won't get most of the jobs they estimate. Saleslady at HD told me cost of a midrange BR remodel could be VERY ROUGHLY figured at the cost of materials (fixtures, etc) X2 for labor. For us that would have been about $9,000. I knew we had a door to relocate and a small (4 foot) wall to build in, so added another 2-3K into my budget and figured it was doable. Paid the $100 for the "measure", got a LABOR ALONE estimate for what was presented as a 2, "maybe part of a third" week job of $25,000!

It's a very small space; They couldn't possibly have more than 3 guys working in/on it at a time. Even at a full three weeks, that's $8,000/wk for labor, or $4,000/wk per guy. No materials. Just labor. $25,000. Seriously?! Obviously they will not be doing this job and obviously I'm out $100 for nothing, essentially because the sales rep at the store presented this in a very misleading way.

Original review: July 26, 2015

I ordered kitchen countertops from Home Depot - they were installed without a hitch 2 years ago and I love them! I decided to put the same granite in my Master Bath. I went to two different places before I found a slab I loved. The installed granite is not anything like the slab I chose. It is the same granite, but definitely not the same slab I chose. I hate the bathroom granite as much as I love the kitchen granite.

Home Depot Bathrooms Company Information