Home Depot Bathrooms

Compare Bath & Plumbing Companies

Research top Bath & Plumbing Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

September 22, 2016. We went to Home Depot in London to look for a walk-in shower and get pricing. We found a 5-foot shower we liked and the store put the order in through Home Depot's online service for the shower and also a shower door. We were told we could expect delivery in 10 to 14 days and that we would receive a call from the delivery folks. September 29th - Received email saying that same-day courier would call to arrange a delivery date for the 'Door ONLY'.

They called October 5th and we arranged for delivery on October 11th. The only time frame the courier could give us was delivery sometime between 9 am & 5 pm. Because we had a previous problem with a dishwasher delivery August 2015, and I had not heard anything from the courier at 4:15 pm, I decided to call for an update. I was put on hold and then told that they would contact the driver and that I would receive a call-back within 10 minutes. No call came and I called again at 4:50 pm. Once more I was put on hold then told the delivery time had changed to between 1:00 and 6:00 pm. The driver arrived at 6:30 pm with the door. My entire day was wasted waiting.

I waited for another whole week (Oct 18th) and then called to enquire about the shower delivery. Again put on hold and then after at least 5 minutes was told they would check on a shipping date and call me back. There was NO CALL. On October 31st I visited the London store and asked for help. A very nice lady in Kitchen/Bath tried to help me and made some calls. After 1-1/2 hours she informed me that the ship date was in 2 days - on Nov 2nd - but that it could take up to 3 weeks for us to receive the shower. On November 1st, I received an email stating that the ship date had been changed to November 7th.

On November 2nd I called to On-Line and spoke with a gentleman who was very pleasant and after about one hour on the phone informed me that the ship date was now moved to November 5th. Later that same day, I received another email stating that the shower had been shipped, no date was given. November 3rd, I received a call from someone requesting my card number who said that they were trying to put the charge for the shower through on my card and that it had been declined.

I explained that it was not possible because we have a credit limit of $4,200 and we had a zero balance since June 2016. The only purchases put on the card were for the shower and the door. The total cost for both these items including shipping was 2,579.20 which would leave us an available balance of $1,620.80 on our card. I suggested that it looked as though the shower had already been billed to my card. I was told to call the Credit Department to get the issue resolved. Citi credit agreed that our card had been paid in full in June 2016 and that the only charges since then were at approximately $3,400. They would check to see why the error was made and have it corrected.

I have spent a minimum of 2 full days of my time trying to get these issues resolved and still do not have the shower or any real idea of when it will get delivered. I waited for over a month before having old tub and shower removed so that we could prepare for the shower installation. We have no shower now and it has greatly disrupted our life. We had planned to visit my mother mid-November who is ill and in a home in Saint John, New Brunswick. Our trip has been put on hold because of this mess. Every day it seems we are told a different story by different people. Both our plumber and electrician have been very understanding and have rescheduled their time around the ever changing delivery dates. However, they have both told us that they have other work they need to commit to. This just adds to the stress and uncertainty.

We have been loyal customers for the past several years and have always suggested Home Depot to friends and family. We have spent over $10,000 dollars at Home Depot in the past year. I know this amount is insignificant to your corporate gross sales but to us $10,000 is a substantial investment. We are going into our 8th week of waiting for the shower and still have no confirmation of when we will receive delivery. We are retired and this has caused considerable upheaval in our home and stress for both my wife and myself.

I am requesting an answer from customer care with confirmation that the billing has been cleared up with regards to my credit card and with definite firm dates for delivery. We feel strongly that we should be given some compensation from Home Depot for our suffering. This project started out with enthusiasm and excitement over getting a new renovated bathroom and it is fast becoming a nightmare with no end in sight. I am sure you would agree that having to go to a friends house for a shower is not an idyllic situation. I look forward to a reply by return email. PS - We now have had 5 conversations with customer care and although they continue to promise delivery and say they will call back they do not and we still have no shower as of November 10th.

I ordered a brand of toilet online that they don't offer in the store late March 2016. Had it shipped to the store. When I went to pick it up it was damaged. So, another was ordered. The second one came in and it was damaged. A third was ordered only to find out a week later that my order had been canceled because there were multiple transactions of the same amount charged on my Home Depot credit card (due to the toilet being returned and charged several times.) It is now May 2016 and I still have a bathroom without a toilet.

The thing that upsets me the most is that upon speaking to several Home Depot people on the phone they all had an attitude with me. One of them said, "Well, I'm offering you 15% off and I didn't have to." Another said, "Well, there's nothing we can do about it." And when asked to speak to a supervisor, one of them said, "They're not here right now." Needless to say, my business is going elsewhere.

BATHROOM INSTALLATION SERVICES - DO THEY EVEN EXIST? I shouldn't be rating HOME DEPOT'S bathroom installation services because no one ever showed up to even provide me with a quote. First visit to the store we registered with a sales rep from the Plumbing Department. We were assured one of their contractor would call us to arrange for measurement of custom shower doors and provide us with a quote for installation. We were supplied a printout and verified all contact info.

72 hours later we had not received a call. Several days later we had to visit to store to pick up other items. We tried again this time with Bill from the Plumbing Dept. A phone #, name, address, search failed to produce our original order in the computer system. Again, we were assured that we would hear within 24 hours and we did. We could not determine the name of the contractor due to the fact the company rep calling spoke little English and communications were difficult at best. We did successfully set a date and time for a rep to come and visit.

The following day Maria called and changed the date. Today she first called to rescheduled time of the appointment ruining our afternoon plans. Maria called again to inform us that today was not a convenient time for them. They'd have to reschedule to a different day. We protested and asked to speak to her manager. She just hung up.

I called in to the 800 HOMEDEPOT number on my Service Connect sheet to let them know that their vendors were no different than the typical Florida remodeling contractor who had taken on more work than they could handle. At least the typical Florida contractor shows up, provides a quote, requests a deposit, promises a start and finish date and never meet expectations. HOME DEPOT VENDORS ARE JUST WASTE YOUR TIME AND DON'T SHOW UP.

I need to remodel my bathroom but am short in cash. Went to HD to get an estimate and they send someone to provide the estimate. I was clear on my limitations and what I also needed to do to lower my costs. I also told the person that I could not even start any job in my house until Jan 10. Even so the person insisted on getting ready and got me to sign contracts ahead of time so that things could get ready. I was foolish and did so. Now because I found I can't do the project and I allowed them to continue pushing they are hitting me with penalties.

I recognize that I'm responsible for signing something I should not have signed but it seemed to be the only way to get the estimates I needed. I expected to have to pay some kind of penalty for my foolishness but 350 dollars seem excessive, to say the least, when my mistakes occurred because of their incessant pushing to get things underway. Though I have the paperwork I signed, there is no contract, or project number, on them. There is a mention of "General Terms for Cancellation" but they were not included on my paperwork and I did not ask because I thought that it was understood that nothing could go forward until after Jan 10 when I would be in better shape to make a final decision.

We needed to get a new tub and walls over an existing tub. We called Home Depot and they sent out someone for a consultation. Well, she went on about how the job would take a day, how a professional would come out and use Laser Technology to measure the tub so the new tub going over the existing tub would be fitted precisely. She also addressed some concerns I had about existing walls and if they had any mold, how they would they handle that, and if the space between the old tub and new tub would have some insulation or something to be sure there was no give between the two tubs.

She sat there and flat out lied about everything. The guy that measured had no Laser tool to measure the tub. She told me that if there was anything wrong with the walls they would be replaced with special sheetrock meant for moisture, and all mold issues would be taken care of before replacing the tub. She also told me that the tubs were solid and that there would be no give on the walls because the walls fit perfectly and the backing would prevent any movement if the wall was pressed.

All the above was a lie from her just to sell the product and make her profit. When I get into the new tub and surround walls it sounds like I am getting into a rowboat, it creaks. The walls actually move when you place your hand on them as if there was nothing behind the wall. It has been 4 months since install and black mold spots where the caulking was done has appeared. Yes, I use a towel after every shower to dry walls and caulk to prevent mold. I was told the tub would be extremely easy to clean and that I could use a squeegee (another lie). This tub has everything stick to it. I have to clean it after every bath.

The installer spent more time outside smoking than inside working. He did not show up every day until 11 am or later and stepped outside every 20 min to smoke. It took 3 days!! The tub was not measured correctly because the installer kept taking the tub part outside to cut it over and over again, same for walls. Worse than that is he had trouble with install and actually cut a gaping hole in the original tub to put in drain. He opened it like a can and welded it back together.

The tub itself is not level. The walls are not cut right and are not level with the tub. I am so unhappy, but from all these reviews I have seen, I know if I call and complain nothing will get done. All I can say is they will get theirs. I can promise you that. I may have charged this, but they will not be getting paid in full. The debris that was not contained caused me to have to go to the Dr for a sinus infection. I never get sinus infections. Bad, bad, bad all around. Don't believe their lies. Shame on you Home Depot!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

I ordered a new toilet (1.5 gpm) at the Watertown store around 7/28/15. The first attempted delivery came a few weeks later. I opened the box with the delivery men there. Part of the pedestal was broken in two places. PLUS... the water tank had previously had a break that someone fixed with clear cement! Naturally, I returned it. The next attempt did not even get to my door because UPS found damage before it shipped it to me. (Hooray for UPS.) Finally, the third attempt was successful. My plumber was able to install a new toilet.

We placed an order for a toilet on Homedepot.com on 9/3/15. The product was shipped to a store and arrived sooner than expected (on 9/8/15) but was damaged. The store called to let me know and I was transferred a few times, put on hold, and ultimately was told to call homedepot.com. I was told they would reorder the item and they would give me a 10% discount (which showed up fairly quickly on my credit card statement).

On 9/14/15 I received an email that I needed to contact homedepot.com to give them more information on the reorder. When I called in, I was told they could not order a new toilet that way and that a new order was never placed and that the item was now out of stock online (but in their warehouse). I was told the item would be restocked online in 24 hours and that a new order would be placed. I got another email on 9/16/15 with my original order so I called in to double check. Good thing I did, because it was not an actual order and the item was still out of stock online. I was told it would take up to 72 hours to show up on their website and I would be notified immediately so I could place another order and that they would cancel the original order.

Today is 9/22/15 and there is no credit on my credit card yet for the cancelled order, it has been more than 72 hours, and the toilet is still not back in stock. Overall, I have called Home Depot at least 7 times, been on the phone for at least 2 hours total, spoken with many incompetent employees, have no toilet, no refund, and don't know if I will receive a toilet before our bathroom remodel is scheduled to finish. We will be placing our order through another site as I will no longer be shopping at Home Depot. Really disappointed with their level of service and the inconsistent answers I received when calling in.

I purchased $500 worth of porcelain tile for my bathroom remodel at the Madison, TN store today. The tile was available in several sizes and nice quality. However, they had ONE box of bullnose to finish the edges. I had previously looked at this same tile in the Hendersonville store; same situation. They told me they usually stock only a couple of boxes of the bullnose. After checking with 5 other area stores, I found that I will have to get the remaining 40 tiles I need by traveling a total of 156 miles to 3 other locations because none of them have more than 1 or 2 boxes. This is ridiculous! I was told they used to have a truck that traveled between the Nashville stores to pick up products that customers requested when it wasn't in their local store but that is no longer done. Very poor customer service decision! Home Depot needs to realize they have competition. I will think twice about purchasing tile there again.

My husband and I had someone from Home Depot come out and give us an estimate on replacing our shower, putting tile in our tiny bathroom and laundry area floor. (56 square feet total for both rooms) They also replaced the sink and showed fixtures. The man estimated the job at 17,200 dollars, after a ten percent discount. Stupidly, without getting another estimate, we signed with Home Depot. We were told it would be 4 to 6 weeks for supplies to arrive then they would call to schedule a start date. All costs were paid up front on the day we signed. During the six week period, we received two canned e-mails from Home Depot saying virtually, "Hang tight, we want you to be happy with your experience, bla bla bla." After three months passed, my husband called and asked for a start date. They came out the following week.

The work crew did a wonderful job. They were professional and courteous. I have since viewed two bathroom remodels done by other companies. I was sick to my stomach when I saw what how much they got for their dollar in comparison to what we paid for much less. We got a shower, 56 square feet of floor tile, two sets of faucet fixtures, cost for tear out and removal, and labor for $17,200. No one's fault but ours for not shopping around. A pricey lesson to learn, but learn we have. No more Home Depot for us.

I should have known when they told me they don't do "measures" for free any more. They know they're going to be so outrageously high on labor costs, they won't get most of the jobs they estimate. Saleslady at HD told me cost of a midrange BR remodel could be VERY ROUGHLY figured at the cost of materials (fixtures, etc) X2 for labor. For us that would have been about $9,000. I knew we had a door to relocate and a small (4 foot) wall to build in, so added another 2-3K into my budget and figured it was doable. Paid the $100 for the "measure", got a LABOR ALONE estimate for what was presented as a 2, "maybe part of a third" week job of $25,000!

It's a very small space; They couldn't possibly have more than 3 guys working in/on it at a time. Even at a full three weeks, that's $8,000/wk for labor, or $4,000/wk per guy. No materials. Just labor. $25,000. Seriously?! Obviously they will not be doing this job and obviously I'm out $100 for nothing, essentially because the sales rep at the store presented this in a very misleading way.

I ordered kitchen countertops from Home Depot - they were installed without a hitch 2 years ago and I love them! I decided to put the same granite in my Master Bath. I went to two different places before I found a slab I loved. The installed granite is not anything like the slab I chose. It is the same granite, but definitely not the same slab I chose. I hate the bathroom granite as much as I love the kitchen granite.

Sold a laser measure, instead a tape measure from a guy that was late. Sold a custom fit with thousands of tubs in stock and on line. I had to find fixtures to make it work. Sold a one day install, took 4 days. Sold a clean install, floor was sticky and still is. Sold a custom fit, parts were cut and glued in, incorrectly. Installer had me sign a completion and a repair order. Five weeks later, no repairs, no calls. Don't ask, run from their scam.

Cherry Rustic cabinet for bathroom looked like it was damaged with holes/poor quality. Went to manager and said would be ordered but communication with store was quite challenging and although it was actually coming in, I have to track down manager to find out. Dept. unable to schedule installation as part of order for doors. Not service oriented.

I highly suggest that you research Home depot Customer services before you use them. The internal structure of the company with customer services needs work. The lack of communication and professionalism is a problem. I hired them to install tile in my bathroom. Because there were two different roles (floor and shower) there were two different people that needed to come out and measure my bathroom. This wasn't known by the sales person so my order was delayed and I had to take off work twice. When the bathroom was measured I was told I could go to any home depot to pay for it. When I went to a different store they couldn't find my order and it took one hour for them to recreate.

I ended having to pay all of the order before the installation which isn't normal in home repairs. You usually pay a portion up front and then the remainder when you are satisfied with the work. Trying to call and schedule the work was a nightmare Because of the lack of communication in the company. The final straw was when the original sales person kept calling me to see if I wanted to do the work when I had already paid for the work and scheduled it. She got upset with me for paying the order at a different store then told me she would need to cancel the work.

I writing this sitting at Home Depot itself after getting harassed for one week. We got our bath tub replaced from a person referred by Home Depot and he cheated us by not completing his jobs as well as by getting the cheque we paid him two time encashed from our bank. We are unable to contact that person and talk to every possible person whom we thought could help but no results. Whole week is already wasted on this small task. I want them to pay for all the hassle and harassment we faced. Please help.

Below is a sampling of my experience beginning on June 25, 2014 with Home Depot's subcontractor US Remodelers (631-567-4567), which I have broken down into three categories.

Organizational incompetence: Two visits were made, one week apart, to review the project, make measurements, sign contract. First signing was June 25, 2014. Company receptionist called to make an installation appointment, and a date is set. Receptionist called the next day to make an appointment for the very same installation! The original date was confirmed. Workman called two days later and said he couldn't make it. A new date was set. After the installation, an appointment was made to correct the grouting and to remove streaks in the tub. The workman didn't show up. I can go on and on.

Deceit in workmanship: Despite the two preliminary visits, no one mentioned the need to move the bathroom vanity nor that US Remodelers would not do it. Workman left after the installation of the liner and I discovered that he did not seal all around the tub. In addition, long, gritty streaks were in the tub that needed to be corrected. Workman returned for the sealing and buff the streaks, but said he couldn't complete the sealing because of the vanity. He was not permitted to move it he said. Supervisor came days later and said the solution was to retrofit the tub with a long piece of plastic where the sealant was supposed to be. Weeks later, a small, dull, rough spot appeared on the tub bottom surface. I could go on.

Disdainful attitude toward customers: Manager insisted that the workman showed up. Manager asked, (a day after the liner was installed), if I had changed the vanity after the tub was installed! Manager said the manufacturer stated that the liner is one piece and cannot peel. I read the manufacturers limited warranty to him that indicates peeling as a possibility. Manager questioned what I used to clean the tub. He asked who told me to use Dawn Dish Liquid. The installer had, and I also read to him from the Home Depot brochure on the care of acrylic surfaces, which recommends Dawn. Manager agreed to put in a new liner, but the vanity would not be moved to properly seal the tub area. He could not guarantee that the peeling would not happen again. I could go on. By this time, we were in mid-February, nearly 8 months from the contract signing.

In November 2014, I signed a contract with Home Depot for a small bathroom and powder room remodeling and paid $25,752 in full. The job didn’t start until March 2015 and has been a total disaster. The subcontractor, Romanoff Renovations, uses low paid installers who are not licensed to do electrical or plumbing work and show up late or not at all. Five weeks into the project I still have no functioning shower, tub or toilet in my bathroom. The grout has not even been finished. The first installer hid damaged electrical cables behind the fiberock boards (fire hazard!), did not ground switches above my vanity, and broke a brand new Jacuzzi tub I had purchased. I had to insist on bringing in a licensed electrician to fix his mess. The plumbing was also done incorrectly at first and had to be totally redone by a licensed plumber.

The second installer showed up sporadically and told me he was only paid $1900 for the job by Romanoff Renovations. There was absolutely no oversight or planning and no one from Home Depot ever contacted me during these five weeks to check on the progress of the project. The Project Ambassador from Romanoff also only called me once before the start of the job. I paid a premium price thinking that a large customer-oriented corporation would execute this project professionally and provide quality work. I was sadly mistaken! Do NOT use Home Depot and/or Romanoff Renovations for bathroom renovations unless you want your home to be flooded or burned down. Their work is outright dangerous!

Signed an installation agreement and paid for Home Depot to install a Euroview frameless shower. Two men came to the house and installed the shower. They asked to use my in the wall installed vacuum cleaner stating the one they had was broken. They vacuumed metal shavings and pieces. The metal pieces caught in the brushes of the vacuum wand and burned up the motor to the vacuums wand. The metal pieces damaged the PVC pipe in the walls before getting into the dust collector. The damaged pipes then started friction explosions in the walls. This is $4000.00 dollars to repair and replace.

Second. The two men did not install a part along the bottom of the shower to keep water in. The first time the shower was used many gallons of water flooded our master bathroom. The water soaked into the subfloor and ponded above our kitchen. Three days later the sheetrock ceiling collapsed on the kitchen floor. This cost $21,000.00 to repair. Home Depot refused to repair or pay for this damage. Third. The shower door sags and leaks. The water drains onto the baseboards where it soaks into the sheetrock and rots the walls. Someone from Home Depots Euroview company has come out to adjust the shower door around 9 times. The door still leaks. The shower door still sags. The wall next to the shower has rotted for a second time.

Home Depot's self insurance administrator states that they are not responsible for the damage to my home or for the leaking shower because they did not install the shower. I asked Euroview to repair my home and fix the shower and they said they would not repair anything because a third company actually installed the shower so Euroview is also not responsible for the damage to our home and they will also not repair the leak. Euroview stated that a company named Height Glass actually installed the frameless shower and they are responsible for the damage to our home. They further stated they did not have the address or phone number for this third party contractor. I learned two weeks ago that Euroview is not a company but a brand name for Height Glass Frameless Shower Systems.

All parties refuse to pay for any damage claiming the damage was caused by a subcontractor. The subcontractor (Height Glass) told me I had no proof that they installed a shower system in my home. The paper work only has Home Depot on it. A representative of Euroview stole all of my paperwork from my home and told me they had misplaced it. The bottom line is that Home Depot does not stand behind the people they hire to install things in your home and they actually have no insurance. They claim they are self-insured.

I purchased a toilet online and had it delivered to my home. When the contractor opened the box to the tank he said he heard pieces moving and knew that was a bad sign. We thought maybe I could just take the tank to the store for an exchange, but NNNOOO!!! They told me that they need both pieces, so I waited for an associate to put the tank in my car & traveled all the way back home. Got home, had the bottom put in my car, pulled up to the door, went in and requested assistance unloading. I waited 30 minutes for someone to come help.

Once I parked, I came in the store, and was told two different reasons why they couldn't exchange it. First they said because I didn't have a paper receipt, but what sense does that make because I purchased it online?! Then they said they don't carry that particular item in the store. I was sssooo heated by then. So now I gotta wait for someone to help load this broken toilet back in my car & I'm just SOL!!! To top it off, they rejected my review on their website! So, apparently negative reviews aren't welcome. Then neither are my dollars!

This was a frustrating experience from day one. It basically all came down to communication or lack thereof. The sales rep had a great story how they would tell us everything going on, how the contractors would know exactly the way we wanted things, and they couldn't leave until we were happy, etc. That never happened.

The project manager was basically non-existent as my wife and I had to constantly call to tell him what they messed up that day. Eventually, we had to start staying home from work to make sure they were doing things right and when we couldn't, we had to leave very detailed notes, which were still sometimes ignored or just not followed right.

Some things messed up include putting outlets in the wrong spots, switches on the outside wall in the wrong spot(now making unnecessary holes in our wall (creating more work for us), tiling half the floor until we told them it wasn't right, arguing with the plumber that we wanted the water pipes to be moved into the wall (which we were told needed to be done by HD), they broke the vanity so Home Depot was gracious enough to replace that for free, the trim around the door and floor is also not flush against the wall, so lots of room for water damage(though I'll caulk it up), the list goes on. We never had any clue who was coming over or doing what on any given day so juggling this while getting our 8-month old out of the house became a hassle. A two-week job became three, which is somewhat expected, but had they done half the thing right the first time, it wouldn't have taken so long.

Now we are waiting for final inspection, but there are already leaks and they never hooked my radiator back up. The reason this isn't hooked up is because when redoing the floor, they added about an inch to it, so the pipe doesn't meet the radiator anymore, they also managed to turn the pipe 90 degrees so It faces the wall. I asked about it several times and was assured it wasn't a problem and they would take care of it. Now they claim they are "done" with no resolution, basically just leaving me to fix it. In the end, I wasn't satisfied with the quality of work and the communication between the project manager to the contractors and to us as both were practically zero.

Signed contract in November and was told would be middle of January before they could get started. Had to send in tile choices several times and designer was not very helpful in helping me choose. Then never heard from anyone for over 2 months even though I was told they would call - finally had to call Home Depot. In the meantime already paid for two months to home depot. No one at either place seems to be very communicative and our house in the meantime is a disaster area because of what we had to do and buy. Talked Rebath into doing site survey which they say they normally don't do but I believe there are items either we or contractors need to have ready for the remodel. If I had to do all over again - would find another contractor.

My wife wanted a new bathroom, so we went to Home Depot. Bad idea. The guy came over, measured everything, then showed us all the things we would get for 11.560 dollars. That was three weeks ago, they cashed the check three days later. They told us that it would take till the end of March. Our bathroom is no bigger than a mini van, we got passed around from person to person, never getting a straight answer yet, so now we are trying to get our money back. Do not go to Home Depot!!!!!

I have remodeled my house with HD. Has been a valued customer, dropping over 20K in the last few years on house remodeling. I have been biased to HD over Lowe's for years...NO MORE!

I have NEVER had such a miserable experience. Ordered my toilet and toilet seat on 11/18. Called the store, HD credit card to make sure that the order went through OK as I was leaving the country for 2 weeks, so I was assured that my cc was golden and that my order through HD.com was fine and will be rushed if possible. My contractor stayed behind to finish the bathroom. I added my contractor's name and phone on the order as the contact person. Est arrival was 11/25--11/28. I returned from vacation on 11/27, order not in, so I called HD.com to ask the status, the answer, "the order has been frozen, you have a hold on your cc." My response, "What? I made an effort to ensure things went smoothly." In case you are wondering, no it's not my fault, the stinking CC put a freeze on my order b/c Brian, the contractor contacted Home Depot to check on status of the order, while I was away, and his name was different from my name on CC. Yes, that's the reason I was given. (Despite the fact that HIS Name was on my order).

3 days into this, over 6 hrs on the phone between HD CC, HD online, and HD--I got nowhere, no toilet, no answer and everyone tells me "they don't know" or that someone "else" will call me back. I am awaiting another call back from one of the managers of HD online currently to see if there is an answer. If you wonder why I haven't canceled the order: 2 reasons: ordering a toilet now (vs potentially waiting another day to get this one), will set me 2 weeks back. I've invested so much of my youth, time, and sanity into this insane situation. I want an answer and I am very curious to find out if someone can actually figure it out. Oh, also, while away for 2 weeks, I had access to my em (not the phone), and I received NO emails from HD since the one on 11/18 confirming my order...would be nice to at least let me know that there is a problem. Also, it would be nice for one of your customer service reps to offer to resolve this issue for me and coordinate between the store and HD CC, versus what happened is me having to call 3 different places on daily basis.

Scheduled in-home bathroom remodeling consultation. The appointment was confirmed but nobody showed. Scheduled in-store consultation at Home Depot in Coon Rapids, MN, to discuss and choose materials. The salesperson showed us a bathtub and nothing else. He only wanted to schedule (another) in-home bathroom remodeling consultation. I didn't need to leave my house to schedule an appointment online, but we scheduled it since we were there. Nobody showed for the second scheduled consultation. Two scheduled in-home consultations. Two no shows. What a joke.

We scheduled an appointment for an in-home estimate for bath remodel. No one called to confirm. When we called, we were told that the appointment had to be rescheduled because there was a scheduling conflict. We rescheduled again. The appointment was confirmed by HD the day before. We ourselves called two hours prior to the time on the day it was scheduled for and it was confirmed. 15 minutes before they were to arrive, we received a call that there was a scheduling conflict again, and asked us to reschedule for the 3rd time. We rearranged our schedule twice only to be disappointed again. I will never recommend HD for any services they offer. This is totally unprofessional and inconsiderate. HD was our go-to place for everything. We will be taking our business elsewhere.

Mindy and Danny were less than patient and respectful to us who were trying to help our elderly mom put together the elements for a bathroom remodel. Sooooo different than Home Depot's television ads that show friendly staff gladly helping customers. Worst shopping experience in a long time! Walked away and taking our business elsewhere.

I purchased 2 premium Kohler toilets online. When finally received and installed on the same day, I am already experiencing a defect with one of the toilets fill valve. I called the online # immediately to get someone to send out a replacement and what followed next was unbelievable. First after spending $1000.00 on 2 toilets and toilet seats, I was told I may have to pay for that part up front before they could send it to me. YEAH RIGHT!!!!! I told her if I am going to be forced to do something like that, I would definitely write up a huge bad review. Her response was "no problem, write a bad review if you want to" REALLY??

She said this conversation is being recorded, I told her GOOD! GET ME A MANAGER! Now the Manager comes on and I tried as patiently to explain my issue and also told her I will not be paying for anything, this was a defective part and is not my fault. I had already spent $300 for the install and will be charged again to replace the fill valve once received! I will not be paying for anything else. Her (manager’s) response was she would call the manufacturer TO SEE if they can replace that part and if not I may have to pull up the whole toilet, package it and send it back for another toilet. REALLY???

I asked her who was going to be responsible for the labor fees for the install, then uninstall and then reinstall. Her response was we will cross that bridge when we get to it. REALLY? I then asked for HER manager, she told me I will hear the exact same answers and get the same results. I asked for the Kohler number and I would deal with them directly and she gave me the most ignorant reply. She said "Well that might not be the real manufacturer." Now I just outright floored.

I asked her when I could know if that part could be available or not. She said "up to two weeks”. REALLY??? I said "Then I'll have to wait more time for it then to be delivered?" She said "That's just the way it is." I told her that the way they were all doing business over there was the most PRIMITIVE thing I had ever heard of! Her attitude was basically "I understand your frustrations, but this is just the way it's going to be!" WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A FREAKING $10 PART IN A NEARLY $400 TOILET!!!

After the exasperating conversation, I couldn't let it go. So I called my local HD. I calmly spoke with the manager there and explained what had just transpired. He told me he'd call me in 20 min. He did. He said my part would be here within 3-5 days through FedEx. That my name is now on file at Kohler and if there are any future issues I can call them directly and here's the #!! REALLY??? That's what I told him that I told the online manager should have happened in the first place!! He agreed and said I should file a complaint! It's just amazing that a company this HUGE has got the lowest level of customer service for the online department.

Both women that I spoke with sounded like they never finished High School and had absolutely no training in what they were doing. I am sorry, I am not judgmental, but when it comes to doing business and spending $$ with a company, there is no room for error in customer service. I have spent more time satisfied with many companies than not! We are talking about HD here. You'd think they would have their act together. Because of the manager at my local store I will continue to shop, but with much more caution!! Especially with big install items. Now to get this letter to someone who cares at HD!!!!

I strongly recommend not to engage with Home Depot as the prime contractor. During my $15,000 + remodel, I had to manage the subcontractors myself with HD disinterested in helping in any way. After the job was done and I discovered bad work - a wrongly fitted tub that is causing me to have substantial rework at my expense - they simply refuse to even discuss the problem which has me substantially out of pocket. I wasn't looking for a warranty, just a sympathetic ear and maybe a break on the cost of the parts. They would not even call me back. This is the 90th street store in Scottsdale AZ. Just hire a primary contractor yourself. Do not waste your time with HD.

I bought my shower pan and doors from Home Depot and after installing the pan, it squeaks a lot so I called (Masco). After talking with them for a couple minutes, they said they would send me another shower pan, after all I did spent $ 550.00. So I received my new shower pan and it squeaks 5 times more than the last one. I'm so frustrated I'm just throwing this mess in the trash and I'm going with a wall and a door. I just tiled my floor to this shower pan and now I have to bust it up so it will fit the wall. When talking on the phone, they keep telling me they updated shower pans so it should be fine. I don't recommend this shower to anybody.

From beginning to end, our experience with the Home Depot store in Logan Square was awful. From the onset, it was very difficult to get a hold of anyone at the store. All told, we spent hours on hold only to find the person we needed to speak with was unavailable or not working that day. Eventually, we picked out our materials and had someone come in to take an assessment. Our plan was to replace the tile on the floor and in the bath while removing tile from one of the walls. The wall from which we were removing tile was to be painted.

And then, the installer arrived. Home Depot had provided him with wall tile for floor tile, leaving me to drive to the store to make the exchange. When I arrived back I was told by the installer that he could not remove the fixtures from the bath, as they were of a European style and could not be safely removed. Also, the vanity could not be removed without damaging it and the mirror would break and have to be replaced upon removal. That was Day 1, remodeling the only bathroom we have with materials and tools strewn throughout our relatively small condo. I wouldn't have minded the mess if work was actually taking place and I didn't have to cancel a hotel reservation within 24 hours.

Day 2: The installer's project manager arrives and informs me that not only does his company not do drywall work, but that drywall was not included in our quote at all. Also, the trim that was cut for the wall that was to be painted was colonial style. Our trim is in square cut. Finally, I was told that we would need a plumber to remove the bath fixtures and an electrician to remove a lighting fixture. No work was completed. I had missed about a full day of work at this point.

Day 3: Having been told I would need a new quote and that a new quote wouldn't be made available for at least a week's time, I decided to fire Home Depot and start over with someone else. Home Depot agreed and we scheduled an 11:00 am pickup time the next day for the materials.

Day 4: Home Depot did not arrive at 11:00 am to pick up the materials despite calling and telling me they were on their way. I spent between 11:30 and 1:00 pm trying get someone on the phone to no avail. Finally just after 1:00 pm I get in touch with a manager at the store and within half an hour someone picks up the materials. It did not appear that hauling tiles up and down 2 flights of stairs was the day job of the people that arrived, and they expressed their frustration by yelling expletives as they trotted up and down said stairs. Sure the neighbors loved that. At least I received an emailed receipt of my return the same day.

Summary: Don't use Home Depot for anything except buying raw materials. I won't even use them for that mostly out of spite.

Home Depot Bathrooms Company Profile