Find the Best Home Security Systems in Milwaukee, WI
Top 11 Milwaukee Home Alarm Companies
Protect Your Home
|Read 1,615 Reviews|
Offers monitored home security packages priced at $27.99 to $58.99/month. Installation costs $99 with 24- to 36-month contracts. Equipment includes sensors, smart locks and camera surveillance. Includes six-month refund policy.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (844) 265-4882|
Vivint Smart Home
|Read 16,824 Reviews|
Security packages with monitoring and video surveillance start at $29.99/month with 42-month contract. Professionally installed systems include smart hub, app, locks and a doorbell camera with automatic recording.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (833) 830-7970|
|Read 2,028 Reviews|
Offers monitored home security systems starting at $30.99/month with a one-year contract. Systems include two-way voice communication to monitoring center. Requires DIY installation. Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee.
|Get a Quote Call Now Toll Free (855) 830-3776|
Brinks Home Security™
|Read 3,957 Reviews|
Home security plans range from $29 to $53/month with standard contracts. Select from monitored and unmonitored plans. Requires DIY installation. HD video doorbell and indoor night vision camera available.
|Protect America||Read 2,642 Reviews|
Monitored plans start at $19.99/month plus a one-time $19.95 activation fee. Systems require DIY installation and 36-month contract. Available equipment includes Z-Wave hubs, smart locks, glass-break sensors and wireless cameras.
|SimpliSafe||Read 267 Reviews|
Offers the cheapest alarm monitoring starting at $14.99/month with DIY installation. Sells equipment packages that start at $230 and include base station, wireless keypad plus entry and motion sensors. 60-day money-back guarantee.
Blue by ADT
|Read 3,121 Reviews|
Offers security monitoring starting at $19.99/month with 36- or 60-month contract. Sells equipment packages that include entry keypad, mobile app and smart cameras starting at $199.95.
|Call Now Toll Free (888) 259-3601|
|AKL Security Systems||Read Author Review|
Includes a lifetime warranty on professionally installed and monitored security systems. Offers wired and wireless security systems for existing buildings or new constructions. Provides 24/7 monitoring.
|AT&T Digital Life Milwaukee||Read Author Review|
Provides professional installation, an easy-to-use app and simple home automation at no additional cost. Customizes plans and options for each homeowner. Offers smart security systems starting at just $549.99.
|Imperial Surveillance||Read Author Review|
Provides a wide variety of high-quality CCTV and security alarm systems for Milwaukee home and business owners. Offers warranties on all alarms, plus free quotes on services.
|Johnson Controls||Read Author Review|
Offers smart intrusion detectors for home and businesses in Milwaukee. Provides security solutions, including CCTV and cybersecurity. Holds many industry and service awards.
While Milwaukee property crime has decreased year over year, the city still experiences a high rate of violent and property crimes compared to other areas. Some of the most dangerous neighborhoods include North Division, Harambee, Arlington Heights, Lincoln Village and Garden Homes. For people living in these neighborhoods, purchasing alarm monitoring in Milwaukee is an excellent way to protect their homes.
Milwaukee vs. U.S. crime rate (per 1,000 residents)
|Violent crime||Property crime||Total crime|
Home alarm systems keep your residence secure when you’re away. According to police data, most burglaries happen around noon when people are at work or school. Criminals are also more likely to strike during the summer when people are on vacation.
Choosing a home alarm company in Milwaukee
More than 100 licensed alarm businesses operate in Milwaukee. Before contacting a company for quotes, understand what type of protection your home needs. Ask yourself if you need home security cameras or smart home automation, and consider whether you prefer a monitored or unmonitored system.
Before signing a contract with an alarm company, check its history with the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection. Make sure to ask friends and family for opinions, as those closest to you are valuable when it comes to quick, honest recommendations. Check online reviews as well to see which companies have a reputation for reliability and excellent customer service. Finally, make a list of three to five companies and ask for service quotes, including installation costs, equipment prices and monitoring fees.
Cost of home security system in Milwaukee, WI
A basic system with alarm monitoring in Milwaukee costs between $250 to $1,500 in upfront fees, plus an additional monitoring fee of $10 to $65 per month. The price mainly depends on:
- The size and age of your home: Larger homes need more equipment, so expect to spend more money securing a four-bedroom home than a one-bedroom apartment. Also, installations may be more challenging in an older home than a newly built home because you may have to deal with older electrical wiring.
- The specific features you require: Monitored systems have professionals monitor and respond to alerts. Unmonitored home security systems put that burden on you. These systems reduce the amount you spend on upfront costs and monitoring fees but do not include emergency connections, which might not be worth the savings.
- How you choose to install your system: Professional installation costs between $100 and $1,600. Some companies offer DIY installation, which makes the overall price significantly cheaper. However, paying for professional installation from a Milwaukee security company is the most secure and effective way to ensure your home is protected.
Registering your home alarm system in Milwaukee
In 2004, the city enacted its burglar alarm policy, which is intended to lower the number of false alarms. The policy requires that home security systems in Milwaukee notify a private first responder service, which then contacts first responders for a verified emergency. This means all alarm companies in Milwaukee must partner with a private first responder business that maintains a license from the city.
Milwaukee home security system FAQ
- What is typically included in a Milwaukee home security system?
- Most companies offering Milwaukee burglar alarm services include equipment like smoke alarms, fire alarms and automatic sensors in the total cost for the system. You can always purchase additional sensors or technology if needed.
- What is a CCTV system?
- Closed-circuit television (CCTV) uses a camera and receiver that records activity to be reviewed. Usually an extra expense for most private security system companies, these cameras help identify suspects.
- How can I get commercial security systems in Milwaukee?
- Most companies on this list offer business security systems in Milwaukee. These are often more robust and customizable systems designed to protect business assets.
- How does home security camera installation work in Milwaukee?
- Most companies offer security camera installation in Milwaukee at an additional cost. Installation includes labor and a personalized design for each system. Some companies allow DIY camera installation.
Local Milwaukee emergency resources
To help curb crime, many local groups and organizations have banded together to form neighborhood watch or citizens on patrol programs. Residents looking to get involved and make a difference in their community can research:
- Block Watch: The Milwaukee Police Department has a manual to help reduce crimes in neighborhoods through block watch groups.
- Neighborhood Watch: The city of South Milwaukee has several active block watch groups and is always looking to expand.
- Alert Neighbor Program: This program brings neighborhood block clubs, the Milwaukee Police Department, the City of Milwaukee and nonprofits together to make Milwaukee safer.
- Milwaukee Police Department: The department's online site offers neighborhood- and time-specific crime rates and information.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Milwaukee home alarm company information
Johnson Controls has been in business since 1885 and offers state-of-the-art building technologies and alarm systems all over the world. Its team has won numerous industry and service awards, and its intrusion protection detectors are designed with groundbreaking technology. The company is equipped to handle security needs that range from CCTV to cybersecurity.
- Address: 12222 W. Wirth St., Ste. 102, Milwaukee, WI 53222
- Phone: (414) 259-2800
- Hours: M - F: 7am - 4:30pm
- Website: johnsoncontrols.com
Imperial Surveillance offers a wide variety of high-quality CCTV and security alarm systems for Milwaukee home and business owners. Its alarm systems range from small, all-in-one noisemakers to sophisticated, multi-zoned systems with color-coded computer outputs. Customers receive a free quote for service, and products come with a warranty.
- Address: 544 E. Ogden Ave., Ste. 700-125, Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Phone: (877) 292-7375
- Hours: M - Th: 8am - 6pm; F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: imperialcctv.com
AKL Security Systems has been protecting Milwaukee residents with security cameras, alarm systems and fire and flood detection since 1998. The company offers wired and wireless security systems with 24/7 monitoring. All monitored and professionally installed systems include a lifetime warranty, which covers all service call fees and equipment replacements (minus batteries).
- Address: Serves Milwaukee residents
- Phone: (877) 445-5444
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: aklsecurity.com
AT&T's security services include professional installation, an easy-to-use app and simple home automation to make home protection easy. Smart security systems start at $549.99 with a two-year service agreement and $39.99 monthly monitoring. The company provides customization options and a powerful mobile app that keeps customers connected at all times.
- Address: Serves Milwaukee residents
- Phone: (855) 288-2727
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: my-digitallife.att.com
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.