Home Depot Extended Warranty

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We purchased a Samsung refrigerator from Home Depot in 2015. They advertised that their protection plans were 24/7 in terms of service. Our refrigerator has had an issue with the ice maker and now has a problem where the freezer is broken. With the ice maker, they had me go through troubleshooting steps myself which took about 30 minutes. Then they finally sent someone out that fixed it. This time I called on a Sunday evening and was promptly told their "office is closed, go to our website." The website doesn't have the means to do anything to set up an appointment. The 24/7 advertisement for service is a lie. This is the worst experience I've had for attempting to get a product to work.

Read this folks: Here's what you get when you buy a $3000 fridge from Home Depot, with an extended warranty from Asurion, and the fridge is 2 years old and stops working. Two things: in the email confirmation I received, my phone # was incorrect. Also a rep said you would be sending some parts and then I would schedule a repair visit. That was late last week and I haven't received them, and meantime I do not have a working refrigerator. Why wouldn't these parts be sent FedEx?

On December 13th 2016 the ice maker of my refrigerator broke. I called Home Depot protection plan and opened a claim. 3 days later a company (J & R Service Repair LLC) came and diagnosed the problem. They said that a part was needed and that it would take a couple of weekdays to arrive and to have it replaced. Today is February 8th (almost 2 months!!!) and nothing has been done. I have been calling Home Depot Protection Plan and the J & R Service Repair LLC company on a weekly basis (seriously, no exaggeration...) and they always say the same thing... "Somebody will get back to you tomorrow".

It is a complete lack of accountability and this is really not as customers should be treated. I paid for the protection plan and they do not do what they are supposed to do and do not really care to keep me up to date on the status. Really unacceptable. And the worst is that I sent an email to Home Depot Customer service and they asked me to contact the same department, so I feel really helpless and not knowing what to do. The only assurance I have is that I WILL NEVER BUY THE HOME DEPOT PROTECTION PLAN AND I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS J & R Service Repair LLC COMPANY.

We purchased Home Depot's 5 year protection plan for a LG Washer. We called on December 23, 2016 and the situation took until February 7, 2017 to resolve. It took over a week to get an appointment scheduled with a repair service to service the washer. The day of the appointment they did not show up. I called and they said they gave the wrong schedule to the repairman. We called Home Depot to request another appointment with another repair service. After another week went by they stopped by and told me the struts needed to be replaced on the washer. I was told that the parts would be delivered in two days and they would return in two days after the parts were delivered. Two weeks later the parts never showed up and they never called to make an appointment or to follow-up. I called the repair service and finally was able to get an appointment scheduled.

The day of the appointment they never showed up. I called to ask if they were coming or not and I was told they were waiting on the UPS truck to deliver the parts. They said they would call me to let me know if the parts came in or not. I never received a phone call back. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. We called Home Depot back and was assigned to a third repair service. They said they would call us to schedule an appointment. We never heard from them. We called Home Depot again and they said someone would come out on the 7th which ended up being with the first repair center we were assigned to. The appointment was kept. The service repairman said that the struts never should never be replaced and if they were replaced other problems could arise with the washer. The washer has finally been serviced after numerous calls to Home Depot and dealing with their sub-standard repair centers.

When you call Home Depot they will give you the same line "Sorry for your inconvenience" and will tell you whatever you want to hear. I would never recommend anyone ever purchasing Home Depot's protection plan. They are obviously selling a product that is worthless if you cannot get service from a reputable qualified service repair center and it takes over a month to get service. I could not imagine having the same plan on a refrigerator and waiting over a month for service. Save your money.

On 2013 I was convinced to purchase an LG washing machine and I got the five year protection plan at the El Centro, California Home Depot 92243. They described the warranty as if it covered everything. Six months later the inside of the door's washing machine started making a noise. In a few months later the bottom right side of the washer door started falling apart in pieces door. I contacted the warranty phone number given and I was sent to an automated answering machine and I was advised to contact the Home Depot. At Home Depot I was advised to contact the number again and they could not help me.

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at about 1230 hours I contacted the same number and I was advised to contact Home Depot again. This time I did get help. This is a few years later. A technician arrived at my home to look at the issue but I was not home at the time. But my sister-in-law was there and she called me telling me the technician had some question. He asked me if something had fallen on the washer. I told him no. Nothing has ever fallen on the washer. He contacted my wife also and asked her the same thing, and she advised him the same thing, which nothing had ever fallen on the washer and it started internally. The technician didn't fix anything and conducted a report stating something fell on the washer door and was not cover by the warranty.

I called and complained about the report, and I was transferred to numerous answering machines set up by the Home Depot and to the LG repair company. When I finally got to talk to a human person I was advised a different technician was going to go to my home to get a second opinion. Today, Friday, December 16, 2016, at about 1:52 PM hours, I received a call from the Home Depot warranty company advising me there was no one in my area to go to my home to give me a second opinion.

I feel much disrespected, insulted, and distrust in this matter Home Depot and the LG company does business. First you sell me a product was the sales representative explains as if I'm buying a great warranty but it was a lie. Home Depot truly your tech guy whoever he is has been giving you false reports. I will not recommend any of my friends and family to buy a warranty from Home Depot ever. I will never recommend an LG product also because the washing machine door came with a defect and you don't want to fix it. I hope everybody can read this report and follows, and agree with what I feel. Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

I bought a GE Profile range in August of 2015 from Home Depot of Clearwater. In exactly one year it broke down. I called Home Depot warranty service. They sent out a service center to diagnose the problem. They determined it was the motherboard, they ordered the part and came back out to fix. TWO weeks later! Two months later the same exact problem. A new service center came out to diagnose (hands on hip looked and said "Yup, probably the same thing"). Really? He told me he would overnight the part, that was Monday, here it is Friday with numerous phone calls to the service center and his VM being full and couldn't leave any messages. I finally had to contact Home Depot warranty services to help with the situation which was no help at all because they do not know what goes on out in the field.

Just so happens that it doesn't matter what you do or say. They only have one speed, SLOW... The going time frame to have anything fixed is 2 weeks. Imagine here it is Christmas time and I cannot bake anything and not only am I spending money on presents I have to now spend money on eating out every day, not to mention having to throw away all the food in my refrigerator twice now! The only thing they are good at is saying "I'm so sorry, I understand your concern..." Ha! Do you really??? The Warranty program to me seems like a scam! They don't care about us or something would have been done already. Oh yea the part finally came in today and I get a "We will call you NEXT WEEK to set up a time to come out and fix..." MERRY CHRISTMAS.

I have a air conditioner/heating window unit in my basement. It supplies heat to the entire basement. I called Home Depot on December 6 for service and I was offered a Saturday appt on December 10 from 8 AM - 12 noon. I called HD on 12/10 at 8:30 AM stating concern. I had not heard from anyone and was told, "Don't worry. GE will call 30 minutes before they go out." At 11:40 AM on 12/10, I called HD back and was told that GE wasn't even open on Saturdays! They rescheduled me to Monday, December 12, from 8 AM - 4 PM with GA Appliance Repair.

GA Appliance Repair did arrive around 3 PM and found the unit needed a control panel replaced. Today, 12/13, I receive a call from GA Appliance Repair saying the control panel is on backorder from GE and should be back in stock on 12/22/16. I explained that was a problem because I have family coming in for Christmas and they are staying in the basement, and that I need this fixed. Home Depot called me at work today, 12/13, and didn't even seem to know GA Appliance Repair had been out, and I told HD I needed a resolution other than maybe the part will be available on 12/22. All I get from Home Depot is "I'm sorry and I apologize," which isn't fixing my unit. Terrible service for which I paid extra for!

I bought my Samsung refrigerator and in the second year it started making a loud noise when dispensing water and stopped making ice. 1st time they came out I was told it was my home's water pressure and not the refrigerator. I was also told that to have someone out again I would be charged if it was the same result! I emailed the CEO and got a callback within 30 minutes just so I could be told that Home Depot is not in the warranty business and referred me back to Asurion! 3nd visit they sealed my ice maker, didn't work. 3rd time they sealed it again, still didn't work. 4th time the repair company told me they couldn't fix it and didn't bother to look at it after I told them all the prior attempts (so this didn't count as a repair according to Asurion).

The 5th time they noticed the refrigerator had water moisture coming out from the back which ruined my wall! So they again sealed the ice maker again and sealed the back of the refrigerator. Keep in mind I paid over 2k to have someone seal the inside and outside of my refrigerator! The 6th visit the guy tells me it's making SOME ice and the noise will go away with a replacement of the housing of the water filter. Now they are claiming it's been fixed and the noise is a different problem. Anything not to replace a lemon refrigerator!!! I will never shop at Home Depot again! They just washed their hands clean of me and let Asurion take advantage of me.

3 repairs makes it a lemon and still they did not replace it and Home Depot stood by their decision! I have even contacted Mr Menear the CEO of Home Depot and he had Ellen call me to tell me that they (Home Depot) are not in the Warranty business and have tried telling the Asurion to replace my unit with no avail! What a way to treat your customers!!!!

Bought a brand new Toro push mower in April of 2016. The machine stopped working in August. I contacted Home Depot who referred me to the good people at Toro, who referred me to my "local, authorized Toro dealer who described the situation as "normal wear and tear" and informed me that repairs would cost $130.00. So, a brand new mower that stops working in six months is "normal". Worthless, absolutely worthless protection plan. I would have done better had I simply taken a 50 dollar bill and set it on fire.

So February 2014 my husband and I purchased a washer and dryer from Home Depot with a 3 year extended warranty. I first called in on October 26, 2016 because my washer was messing up. I was told that D&J appliance 251-829-5295 were coming to assist me on that following Tuesday. They never showed up or called me!!! I waited until Saturday November 5th to call back and inquire as to why no one had came or called me. I was told that the company had ordered parts, I was absolutely confused because they never came out to my house. I was told to give them another 2 business days to find me someone because I did not want that same company not showing up again so they again called a old number and never updated my contact information!!!

So I am sitting on the phone with them again and they just randomly picked another servicer Randy Appliance Inc 251-824-3179 and they don't pick up the phone just a voicemail and google pulls up no address and there is no website and the information had not been verified since 2014... So now I am being put on hold for over 1 hour and I am fed up with this nonsense!!! Please do not use them because the customer is not of their concern whatsoever. Save yourself the headache.

The balance is broken on my Simonton window which is a simple fix. Simonton informed me to have it fixed by the seller, Home Depot. Home Depot at home services customer support, 877-903-3768, does answer the phone promptly, but that where it ends. I've called five times and still haven't received a call indicating that it will be fixed. You would think after ten days, I would get a little more than lip service. I shop at Home Depot weekly, but I wouldn't recommend their installation services. The warranty seems useless.

We had bought a Top of the line GE Profile refrigerator from Home Depot with 5 years extended warranty. Our refrigerator stopped cooling in 3rd year and we had reported to Home Depot's warranty department. Home Depot has hired a 3rd party company for the extended warranty and they have the worst possible services as they hire another 3rd party contractors to do the job who don't even listen to either Home Depot or their services department. Our fridge is not working for more than 1 month and they still didn't fix it. I've spent almost 4K on this refrigerator and I don't know what to do at this point. Nobody is there at Home Depot to take our complaints. Worst service ever possible.

I will try to be brief - bought a dryer 22 months ago, after a little over one year dryer started making noises. Called, nothing they say. Had to replace a baffle but called a week later dryer still making noise, still nothing wrong. Then breaks again a couple months later, tech comes out, repairs, the repair lasted a couple days. Now I have been out of a dryer for a month, constant trips to laundromat and they tell me the part is already discontinued. I have been to store managers, called Home Depot warranty people, ad nauseam and nothing gets done.

They have a great script "we are sorry for your trouble". Worse part is I finally got my local store manager to make a call on my behalf (which I should not have had to beg for) and he says they told him the part was being sent directly to repair company. Nope I go home and it's sitting at my front door. I had to make all the calls to coordinate service myself only the have them say the CLAIM was now closed??? Like WTF is wrong with these people. Worst ineffective team EVER!!! Keeping on top of them doing their job was the only way to get this repair accomplished. It remains to be seen if it will work.

After purchasing a Maytag Bravo top load washer and the "Home Depot product protection plan" washer stopped working on a Thursday August 22. I called Maytag on Friday August 23rd but they told me it was under Home Depot protection plan and they used their own people. So I called their PP # and instantly it was set up for scheduled service on Monday September 26th. So I took off of work. On that Monday waiting for service received automated call at 10:25 am that service company on way and that I could track them on link they sent me on E-mail which I never received. So I waited and waited. One hour and 40 minutes later I thought I should call and see if they had gotten lost. Service person on phone asked was I having same problem. I said yes and ask why should it be fixed. No one had showed up. Their response was the service man had come and gone. I explained that no one has shown up.

The person on other line said yes he has already left area. Again told her no one showed up, then request who and where I was speaking to. In response said, "I am in Columbia". With me saying Columbia MS. They said no Columbia South America. HUH like they knew what was going on in South Louisiana. Called HDPP. Again they of course stated they were sorry and that they could send another company out to service but on Wednesday September 28th. OK another day need to take off of work to wait no work don't get paid. On Wednesday September the 28th called they company. They gave me 4 times until answered. Asked about what time. Was told that they did not receive the work order yet and they did not have any available service person to cover until the following week on Tuesday October 4th. So scheduled again.

Went to Home Depot where washer purchased with complaint. They could not speed up process and offer me laundry detergent and trash bags to help out. I stated what good is detergent without a washer to use it? So on way home HDPP phoned me and had set up a different company that would come out on Monday. OK so now it is Monday October 3rd. Have been unable to reach service company all day. Left three messages and the HDPP left one hint. Day three taken off without pay. No service as of this date.

Well if I was smart I would have just trashed the washer worked the three days and purchased a new washer and dryer from a reputable appliance store which carries their own service personnel. Just for the record when I first contacted Maytag the representative told me do not purchase extended plans through Home Depot but purchase appliance. Call the product line and purchase extended warranty direct. They have a 24 hour service turn around on their warranty service.

Same results as all the other reviews. Have been without a dryer for a month. Called Home Depot and they sent a "tech". This kid ordered a part. No surprise, it didn't fix it. Said he had to order another part. Never heard back. Called the local service company to get status and was told the part was on back order due "tomorrow." Tomorrow came and went and the week came and went and no part, no tech, no phone call. Called the local service company again and was told the part was on back order. No ETA.

Called Home Depot extended warranty back and was told the part had been ordered and was not showing as being back ordered and I would just have to wait. It's been a month, have spent over 200 dollars at the laundromat, would have been better off spending that towards a new dryer. Forget the extended warranty. Self insure. At least this way you know if your unit breaks you are out of luck. Better than having a warranty that is worthless. Note, have had similar luck with the Home Depot extended warranty in the past. Shame on me for trying it again. Lowe's, here I come.

I purchased a GE kitchen stove 3 years ago and within a few months the oven stopped working. I called Home Depot to schedule an appointment to service the appliance. It required me or someone else be home for 9 hours - from 8 AM - 9 PM. They don't have the ability to schedule a morning or afternoon service call? This time a man did come and replace a sensor, the faulty part. This was a good transaction.

A month ago the same problem happened. I called HD, chose a day, and had someone wait in the apartment. At 4 pm I got a call from the tech guy, asking me what was wrong (?). I'd already given that info to HD, but I told him it looks like the same sensor problem. "Oh, I don't have that part, you'll have to reschedule." OK. I rescheduled for the following week, Wednesday, which is today.

At three o'clock, being locked to my apartment, I called the number I'd been given to confirm the appointment. Got a voice service that couldn't find either of my phone #s, I called a different # same thing. Waited for a live person, after 15 min., was told "Oh, you're in the wrong department, we handle purchases, let me connect you to the right department." Waiting on hold, waiting on hold, waiting on hold. I hear a sound, turn off the speaker feature, put the phone to my ear and heard a man, barely intelligible, talking rapid fire about "5AM", then he hung up. This brings me to the present, waiting for a service person to show up within the next hour, will that happen?

I forgot to mention, yesterday a box with a sensor arrived on my porch, no note, comment, explanation... This disorganized, outsourced MO, creates pure chaos, infuriating. But there is nothing to do but stew. And swear at the phone, the screen, they don't give a "cares". I swear will never buy an appliance from Home Depot again!!

I have called 3 times. I was able to set up a claim but when they transfer to the Technical Sales Rep I was on hold for at least 20 minutes and then the call dropped; this occurred twice. Then I called back and the claim rep put me on hold to find a supervisor but the called dropped within 2-3 minutes. My warranty is on a LG Refrigerator model # LFX31925ST purchased July 2012 purchased in the store. I expect more from Home Depot. Maybe time to start using Lowe's.

After waiting all day for my service technician to arrive I was told that I would basically have to start the process over and set up a new appointment. Imagine my disappointment after waiting all day for a serviceman to show up for the repair only to hear "I am sorry. My appointment was for Thursday. Perhaps we have something available for Monday. But we can't set that appointment. You will receive a call back." So you wait and no calls are returned. You call again hours on the phone begging for an appointment Friday, Saturday or Sunday. "No sorry. We will expedite this for you. I will have someone call you." Still waiting for that call Home Depot.

Home Depot's extended protection plan is not worth the paper that it is written. After two years of trying to get a warranty claim on my LG dryer that has a known fault they deny it. Home Depot store and Home Depot head office gave me nothing but the runaround. They wouldn't even refund me the purchase price of the extended warranty which was never used since they deny repairs. Basically worthless.

I couldn't put minus 5 stars, so 1 was the only option on the extended warranty I paid $100 for on our washer-dryer. After getting bounced around multiple time to their India-based customer service department per contract number ** (which hung up 3 times after an hour on hold - 1-800-905-9505). I called Home Depot back at 540-265-7655 in Roanoke, Virginia after the India company said they won't honor the extended 4-year warranty and to call the store back. After explaining to the lady that the extended warranty company they sold me rejected the warranty and to call the store back again, she said "I don't want to hear it" and hung up. Consumer Reports is right, extended warranties are just dealer padding.

Last fall I purchased a new chain saw at Home Depot and also the extended warranty. This spring after using the saw to cut down 4 trees, it died and wouldn't start. After busting my knuckles trying to start it I took it back to Home Depot. They said it would be 6 weeks. I get a call from them saying they diagnosed the problem and said they will not cover under warranty because I didn't mix oil with gas which just isn't true. I keep a container of mix in my garage for week eater and chainsaw. They also said that it wouldn't start because the spark plug was fouled. (I guess they didn't know that a folded spark plug is caused by the oil in the gas).

I did get a call from Home Depot customer support and she worked out an arrangement with Poulan rep to work on the saw and had me drop at off at the Poulan rep's store. While at the store the rep said I would have to pay for him to diagnose the problem and that if I didn't use Poulan 2 cycle oil in the saw the warranty would be void. He also told me and the Home Depot customer service rep that it would be 6 weeks. 7 weeks is in a few days on the 15th of July. I don't have much hope of ever getting a saw back.

The Home Depot rep did offer me half of what I paid for the saw which I turned down. I told her I want my saw fixed on the warranty that Poulan or Home Depot are suppose to provide to me. Never again will I purchase another item or extended warranty from Home Depot. There seems to be play on words. The manufacturer says they will replace defective parts and don't accept the fact that if their product quits working that it had a defective part. When will businesses learn that their survival depends on satisfied customers?

This plasma cutter worked for exactly 13 months... yes, 1 month past the one year manufacturer's warranty. I had a 3 year extended warranty I paid extra for. I plugged the machine in and something popped; that was weird, it had been working just fine. It stopped working. The manual said there was a voltage overload protection inside and I took the cover off to see if there was a reset button--nope -nothing but circuit boards.

I replaced the cover and sent it into Home Depot's extended warranty program ran by Asurion. They denied my claim because when they opened the machine they said they found 3 wires unplugged!! They just didn't want to replace my plasma cutter. I tried to reason with them--repair the machine, replace the machine with a new one, or give me my money back. They said "Sorry, claim denied!" They offered to send the machine back and give me instructions on how to get a pro-rated refund on my extended warranty. DON'T BUY FROM HOME DEPOT and DON'T EXPECT REASONABLE WARRANTY REPAIRS AFTER THE MANUFACTURE WARRANTY EXPIRES!!!

First mistake I bought a Toro mower. They would not honor warranty work for the first two years. It has been in for the same problem 5 times a year for the past two years. Now I find the nearest repair place for the extended warranty is 50 mile round trip, in another state in the middle of the country side off all main roads.

I repeat do not get warranty for anything products a Home Depot in Bridgeport, Connecticut. I brought in my lawn mower to have it fixed. You pay warranty. First of all you gotta pay $20. Now I have to pay $57 to take it out. What's the warranty for? And then I have to wait almost a whole month. And I have not bother them to make sure if my lawnmower is being fixed, give me the runaround. They told me it was being fixed. The other person told me they sent it out to another state and the other person told me that the technician is supposed to come in and fix it. If I have to call to make sure that will working on my lawn mower or not they would not fix my lawn mower. It's not even worth getting warranty that you still have to pay.

Neighbors refrigerator worked OK for 18 months except the ice maker kept overflowing. Freezer quit working and she called for service under the extended warranty she purchased from Home Depot. ALLSTAR APPLIANCE San Antonio responded and told her the freezer rails were bad and not covered under warranty. I defrosted it and noticed that the metal freezer rails appear discolored and Whirlpool probably used an inferior metal coating treatment, but with proper lubrication, the freezer drawer rolls in and out as smooth as silk. I don't recommend buying the Home Depot extended warranty, since they use a repair company not registered with the Better Business Bureau.

I bought an Electrolux washer from HD in December of 2014. It is now on its 5th service call and has damaged about $1,500 in clothing. Electrolux didn't fix the problem so enter Home Depot's extended warranty in December 2015. Three repair calls later, it's still damaging clothing and Home Depot refuses to declare this pathetic machine a lemon and give me a new machine per the contract. They don't care that they are not following it. I waited two months to have the drum replaced, which was supposed to solve the problem. It didn't. Don't buy an Electrolux washer as their customer service is just as bad.

Don't buy any extended warranty from HD for anything. They just take the money and run, and do not stand behind it. I am still waiting for them to find someone to supposedly "fix" the washer but no one will. The last person they supposedly found was supposed to come last Thursday. Nothing. You get what you pay for. Either don't get the warranty or go to a higher end appliance shop like Warners' Stellian who will stand behind what they sell.

I purchased a Maytag AquaLift 5 burner gas range in February 2014. I purchased the product protection as well & thank God! I purchased a home in March 2015 and had to move the range. A week after moving I went to bake and the oven would tick trying to ignite but wouldn't budge. Immediately called THD and they sent out a tech. It was a simple fix - he simply pushed an "amoled" back in place. Worked fine until Christmas same thing happened. I get the same tech. He did the same thing as before. Stated this unit was discontinued because of these known issues. You would think they'd just recall them. Nope. All was good then boom February rolls around this time they send a supervisor and a kit. This is gonna fix it right? Ha I wish.

I started noticing it happening again but because of personal things forgot to call. Alas I called and my original tech came this time as it was the 4th call for the same issue was only diagnosis. He came, tried to fire it up and it didn't within the allotted time. He called the warranty department in front of me & explained all steps from call one-four were done and the range was basically toast. He told me that I would getting a refund within 72 hrs for the full price I paid. As he left he suggested that I look into Samsung or LG as my replacement. Thank you Home Depot for having a kick ass protection plan.

LG Dryer has died twice. Super slow response time from service. The washer and dryer are now both dead. Washer arced to dryer. Home Depot warranty can't find anyone within a hundred miles that will work with them. The last person I spoke with started talking with someone else about her weekend and then put me on hold for five minutes before hanging up on me. Called back and they said they elevated the claim to a "Supervisor" who would call me within three days, and it's already been four days.

I just now got an email saying "congratulations your dryer is fixed." Unfreaking believable. So I called back. They said that they had closed the claim because the only repair place would not come out because they were 105 miles away. I advised them that I live in a very populated area with well over 50 appliance repair shops and the neighboring city had over one hundred. Bottom line is don't throw your money away on LG and especially don't shop at Home Depot. They don't give a crap about customer service.

I've been waiting 3 weeks to have my $3,000 refrigerator repaired. Still no luck. Still waiting.

We have contacted Home Depot for service on our refrigerator under warranty. The first company didn't come at all the day of the appointment. When they did come they told us they would order a new display board and we were to call them for an appointment when it arrived. We did and the serviceman could not do the job because the wrong part was ordered. This happened twice, wrong part. We called Home Depot and told them to give us another company which they did. The repair was completed. Now we have another warranty issue and after waiting 8 hours, home all day, the service co., Solution Hub, never came. They never returned our two calls. Home Depot has highly incompetent repair companies contracted with them.

Home Depot Extended Warranty Company Profile