Home Depot Extended Warranty

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Bought a brand new Toro push mower in April of 2016. The machine stopped working in August. I contacted Home Depot who referred me to the good people at Toro, who referred me to my "local, authorized Toro dealer who described the situation as "normal wear and tear" and informed me that repairs would cost $130.00. So, a brand new mower that stops working in six months is "normal". Worthless, absolutely worthless protection plan. I would have done better had I simply taken a 50 dollar bill and set it on fire.

So February 2014 my husband and I purchased a washer and dryer from Home Depot with a 3 year extended warranty. I first called in on October 26, 2016 because my washer was messing up. I was told that D&J appliance 251-829-5295 were coming to assist me on that following Tuesday. They never showed up or called me!!! I waited until Saturday November 5th to call back and inquire as to why no one had came or called me. I was told that the company had ordered parts, I was absolutely confused because they never came out to my house. I was told to give them another 2 business days to find me someone because I did not want that same company not showing up again so they again called a old number and never updated my contact information!!!

So I am sitting on the phone with them again and they just randomly picked another servicer Randy Appliance Inc 251-824-3179 and they don't pick up the phone just a voicemail and google pulls up no address and there is no website and the information had not been verified since 2014... So now I am being put on hold for over 1 hour and I am fed up with this nonsense!!! Please do not use them because the customer is not of their concern whatsoever. Save yourself the headache.

The balance is broken on my Simonton window which is a simple fix. Simonton informed me to have it fixed by the seller, Home Depot. Home Depot at home services customer support, 877-903-3768, does answer the phone promptly, but that where it ends. I've called five times and still haven't received a call indicating that it will be fixed. You would think after ten days, I would get a little more than lip service. I shop at Home Depot weekly, but I wouldn't recommend their installation services. The warranty seems useless.

We had bought a Top of the line GE Profile refrigerator from Home Depot with 5 years extended warranty. Our refrigerator stopped cooling in 3rd year and we had reported to Home Depot's warranty department. Home Depot has hired a 3rd party company for the extended warranty and they have the worst possible services as they hire another 3rd party contractors to do the job who don't even listen to either Home Depot or their services department. Our fridge is not working for more than 1 month and they still didn't fix it. I've spent almost 4K on this refrigerator and I don't know what to do at this point. Nobody is there at Home Depot to take our complaints. Worst service ever possible.

I will try to be brief - bought a dryer 22 months ago, after a little over one year dryer started making noises. Called, nothing they say. Had to replace a baffle but called a week later dryer still making noise, still nothing wrong. Then breaks again a couple months later, tech comes out, repairs, the repair lasted a couple days. Now I have been out of a dryer for a month, constant trips to laundromat and they tell me the part is already discontinued. I have been to store managers, called Home Depot warranty people, ad nauseam and nothing gets done.

They have a great script "we are sorry for your trouble". Worse part is I finally got my local store manager to make a call on my behalf (which I should not have had to beg for) and he says they told him the part was being sent directly to repair company. Nope I go home and it's sitting at my front door. I had to make all the calls to coordinate service myself only the have them say the CLAIM was now closed??? Like WTF is wrong with these people. Worst ineffective team EVER!!! Keeping on top of them doing their job was the only way to get this repair accomplished. It remains to be seen if it will work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Home Depot?

After purchasing a Maytag Bravo top load washer and the "Home Depot product protection plan" washer stopped working on a Thursday August 22. I called Maytag on Friday August 23rd but they told me it was under Home Depot protection plan and they used their own people. So I called their PP # and instantly it was set up for scheduled service on Monday September 26th. So I took off of work. On that Monday waiting for service received automated call at 10:25 am that service company on way and that I could track them on link they sent me on E-mail which I never received. So I waited and waited. One hour and 40 minutes later I thought I should call and see if they had gotten lost. Service person on phone asked was I having same problem. I said yes and ask why should it be fixed. No one had showed up. Their response was the service man had come and gone. I explained that no one has shown up.

The person on other line said yes he has already left area. Again told her no one showed up, then request who and where I was speaking to. In response said, "I am in Columbia". With me saying Columbia MS. They said no Columbia South America. HUH like they knew what was going on in South Louisiana. Called HDPP. Again they of course stated they were sorry and that they could send another company out to service but on Wednesday September 28th. OK another day need to take off of work to wait no work don't get paid. On Wednesday September the 28th called they company. They gave me 4 times until answered. Asked about what time. Was told that they did not receive the work order yet and they did not have any available service person to cover until the following week on Tuesday October 4th. So scheduled again.

Went to Home Depot where washer purchased with complaint. They could not speed up process and offer me laundry detergent and trash bags to help out. I stated what good is detergent without a washer to use it? So on way home HDPP phoned me and had set up a different company that would come out on Monday. OK so now it is Monday October 3rd. Have been unable to reach service company all day. Left three messages and the HDPP left one hint. Day three taken off without pay. No service as of this date.

Well if I was smart I would have just trashed the washer worked the three days and purchased a new washer and dryer from a reputable appliance store which carries their own service personnel. Just for the record when I first contacted Maytag the representative told me do not purchase extended plans through Home Depot but purchase appliance. Call the product line and purchase extended warranty direct. They have a 24 hour service turn around on their warranty service.

Same results as all the other reviews. Have been without a dryer for a month. Called Home Depot and they sent a "tech". This kid ordered a part. No surprise, it didn't fix it. Said he had to order another part. Never heard back. Called the local service company to get status and was told the part was on back order due "tomorrow." Tomorrow came and went and the week came and went and no part, no tech, no phone call. Called the local service company again and was told the part was on back order. No ETA.

Called Home Depot extended warranty back and was told the part had been ordered and was not showing as being back ordered and I would just have to wait. It's been a month, have spent over 200 dollars at the laundromat, would have been better off spending that towards a new dryer. Forget the extended warranty. Self insure. At least this way you know if your unit breaks you are out of luck. Better than having a warranty that is worthless. Note, have had similar luck with the Home Depot extended warranty in the past. Shame on me for trying it again. Lowe's, here I come.

I purchased a GE kitchen stove 3 years ago and within a few months the oven stopped working. I called Home Depot to schedule an appointment to service the appliance. It required me or someone else be home for 9 hours - from 8 AM - 9 PM. They don't have the ability to schedule a morning or afternoon service call? This time a man did come and replace a sensor, the faulty part. This was a good transaction.

A month ago the same problem happened. I called HD, chose a day, and had someone wait in the apartment. At 4 pm I got a call from the tech guy, asking me what was wrong (?). I'd already given that info to HD, but I told him it looks like the same sensor problem. "Oh, I don't have that part, you'll have to reschedule." OK. I rescheduled for the following week, Wednesday, which is today.

At three o'clock, being locked to my apartment, I called the number I'd been given to confirm the appointment. Got a voice service that couldn't find either of my phone #s, I called a different # same thing. Waited for a live person, after 15 min., was told "Oh, you're in the wrong department, we handle purchases, let me connect you to the right department." Waiting on hold, waiting on hold, waiting on hold. I hear a sound, turn off the speaker feature, put the phone to my ear and heard a man, barely intelligible, talking rapid fire about "5AM", then he hung up. This brings me to the present, waiting for a service person to show up within the next hour, will that happen?

I forgot to mention, yesterday a box with a sensor arrived on my porch, no note, comment, explanation... This disorganized, outsourced MO, creates pure chaos, infuriating. But there is nothing to do but stew. And swear at the phone, the screen, they don't give a "cares". I swear will never buy an appliance from Home Depot again!!

I have called 3 times. I was able to set up a claim but when they transfer to the Technical Sales Rep I was on hold for at least 20 minutes and then the call dropped; this occurred twice. Then I called back and the claim rep put me on hold to find a supervisor but the called dropped within 2-3 minutes. My warranty is on a LG Refrigerator model # LFX31925ST purchased July 2012 purchased in the store. I expect more from Home Depot. Maybe time to start using Lowe's.

After waiting all day for my service technician to arrive I was told that I would basically have to start the process over and set up a new appointment. Imagine my disappointment after waiting all day for a serviceman to show up for the repair only to hear "I am sorry. My appointment was for Thursday. Perhaps we have something available for Monday. But we can't set that appointment. You will receive a call back." So you wait and no calls are returned. You call again hours on the phone begging for an appointment Friday, Saturday or Sunday. "No sorry. We will expedite this for you. I will have someone call you." Still waiting for that call Home Depot.

Home Depot's extended protection plan is not worth the paper that it is written. After two years of trying to get a warranty claim on my LG dryer that has a known fault they deny it. Home Depot store and Home Depot head office gave me nothing but the runaround. They wouldn't even refund me the purchase price of the extended warranty which was never used since they deny repairs. Basically worthless.

I couldn't put minus 5 stars, so 1 was the only option on the extended warranty I paid $100 for on our washer-dryer. After getting bounced around multiple time to their India-based customer service department per contract number ** (which hung up 3 times after an hour on hold - 1-800-905-9505). I called Home Depot back at 540-265-7655 in Roanoke, Virginia after the India company said they won't honor the extended 4-year warranty and to call the store back. After explaining to the lady that the extended warranty company they sold me rejected the warranty and to call the store back again, she said "I don't want to hear it" and hung up. Consumer Reports is right, extended warranties are just dealer padding.

Last fall I purchased a new chain saw at Home Depot and also the extended warranty. This spring after using the saw to cut down 4 trees, it died and wouldn't start. After busting my knuckles trying to start it I took it back to Home Depot. They said it would be 6 weeks. I get a call from them saying they diagnosed the problem and said they will not cover under warranty because I didn't mix oil with gas which just isn't true. I keep a container of mix in my garage for week eater and chainsaw. They also said that it wouldn't start because the spark plug was fouled. (I guess they didn't know that a folded spark plug is caused by the oil in the gas).

I did get a call from Home Depot customer support and she worked out an arrangement with Poulan rep to work on the saw and had me drop at off at the Poulan rep's store. While at the store the rep said I would have to pay for him to diagnose the problem and that if I didn't use Poulan 2 cycle oil in the saw the warranty would be void. He also told me and the Home Depot customer service rep that it would be 6 weeks. 7 weeks is in a few days on the 15th of July. I don't have much hope of ever getting a saw back.

The Home Depot rep did offer me half of what I paid for the saw which I turned down. I told her I want my saw fixed on the warranty that Poulan or Home Depot are suppose to provide to me. Never again will I purchase another item or extended warranty from Home Depot. There seems to be play on words. The manufacturer says they will replace defective parts and don't accept the fact that if their product quits working that it had a defective part. When will businesses learn that their survival depends on satisfied customers?

This plasma cutter worked for exactly 13 months... yes, 1 month past the one year manufacturer's warranty. I had a 3 year extended warranty I paid extra for. I plugged the machine in and something popped; that was weird, it had been working just fine. It stopped working. The manual said there was a voltage overload protection inside and I took the cover off to see if there was a reset button--nope -nothing but circuit boards.

I replaced the cover and sent it into Home Depot's extended warranty program ran by Asurion. They denied my claim because when they opened the machine they said they found 3 wires unplugged!! They just didn't want to replace my plasma cutter. I tried to reason with them--repair the machine, replace the machine with a new one, or give me my money back. They said "Sorry, claim denied!" They offered to send the machine back and give me instructions on how to get a pro-rated refund on my extended warranty. DON'T BUY FROM HOME DEPOT and DON'T EXPECT REASONABLE WARRANTY REPAIRS AFTER THE MANUFACTURE WARRANTY EXPIRES!!!

First mistake I bought a Toro mower. They would not honor warranty work for the first two years. It has been in for the same problem 5 times a year for the past two years. Now I find the nearest repair place for the extended warranty is 50 mile round trip, in another state in the middle of the country side off all main roads.

I repeat do not get warranty for anything products a Home Depot in Bridgeport, Connecticut. I brought in my lawn mower to have it fixed. You pay warranty. First of all you gotta pay $20. Now I have to pay $57 to take it out. What's the warranty for? And then I have to wait almost a whole month. And I have not bother them to make sure if my lawnmower is being fixed, give me the runaround. They told me it was being fixed. The other person told me they sent it out to another state and the other person told me that the technician is supposed to come in and fix it. If I have to call to make sure that will working on my lawn mower or not they would not fix my lawn mower. It's not even worth getting warranty that you still have to pay.

Neighbors refrigerator worked OK for 18 months except the ice maker kept overflowing. Freezer quit working and she called for service under the extended warranty she purchased from Home Depot. ALLSTAR APPLIANCE San Antonio responded and told her the freezer rails were bad and not covered under warranty. I defrosted it and noticed that the metal freezer rails appear discolored and Whirlpool probably used an inferior metal coating treatment, but with proper lubrication, the freezer drawer rolls in and out as smooth as silk. I don't recommend buying the Home Depot extended warranty, since they use a repair company not registered with the Better Business Bureau.

I bought an Electrolux washer from HD in December of 2014. It is now on its 5th service call and has damaged about $1,500 in clothing. Electrolux didn't fix the problem so enter Home Depot's extended warranty in December 2015. Three repair calls later, it's still damaging clothing and Home Depot refuses to declare this pathetic machine a lemon and give me a new machine per the contract. They don't care that they are not following it. I waited two months to have the drum replaced, which was supposed to solve the problem. It didn't. Don't buy an Electrolux washer as their customer service is just as bad.

Don't buy any extended warranty from HD for anything. They just take the money and run, and do not stand behind it. I am still waiting for them to find someone to supposedly "fix" the washer but no one will. The last person they supposedly found was supposed to come last Thursday. Nothing. You get what you pay for. Either don't get the warranty or go to a higher end appliance shop like Warners' Stellian who will stand behind what they sell.

I purchased a Maytag AquaLift 5 burner gas range in February 2014. I purchased the product protection as well & thank God! I purchased a home in March 2015 and had to move the range. A week after moving I went to bake and the oven would tick trying to ignite but wouldn't budge. Immediately called THD and they sent out a tech. It was a simple fix - he simply pushed an "amoled" back in place. Worked fine until Christmas same thing happened. I get the same tech. He did the same thing as before. Stated this unit was discontinued because of these known issues. You would think they'd just recall them. Nope. All was good then boom February rolls around this time they send a supervisor and a kit. This is gonna fix it right? Ha I wish.

I started noticing it happening again but because of personal things forgot to call. Alas I called and my original tech came this time as it was the 4th call for the same issue was only diagnosis. He came, tried to fire it up and it didn't within the allotted time. He called the warranty department in front of me & explained all steps from call one-four were done and the range was basically toast. He told me that I would getting a refund within 72 hrs for the full price I paid. As he left he suggested that I look into Samsung or LG as my replacement. Thank you Home Depot for having a kick ass protection plan.

LG Dryer has died twice. Super slow response time from service. The washer and dryer are now both dead. Washer arced to dryer. Home Depot warranty can't find anyone within a hundred miles that will work with them. The last person I spoke with started talking with someone else about her weekend and then put me on hold for five minutes before hanging up on me. Called back and they said they elevated the claim to a "Supervisor" who would call me within three days, and it's already been four days.

I just now got an email saying "congratulations your dryer is fixed." Unfreaking believable. So I called back. They said that they had closed the claim because the only repair place would not come out because they were 105 miles away. I advised them that I live in a very populated area with well over 50 appliance repair shops and the neighboring city had over one hundred. Bottom line is don't throw your money away on LG and especially don't shop at Home Depot. They don't give a crap about customer service.

I've been waiting 3 weeks to have my $3,000 refrigerator repaired. Still no luck. Still waiting.

We have contacted Home Depot for service on our refrigerator under warranty. The first company didn't come at all the day of the appointment. When they did come they told us they would order a new display board and we were to call them for an appointment when it arrived. We did and the serviceman could not do the job because the wrong part was ordered. This happened twice, wrong part. We called Home Depot and told them to give us another company which they did. The repair was completed. Now we have another warranty issue and after waiting 8 hours, home all day, the service co., Solution Hub, never came. They never returned our two calls. Home Depot has highly incompetent repair companies contracted with them.

We purchased an LG washer and about 1 year after buying it, the machine stopped working. We didn't think anything of it since we purchased the Home Depot extended warranty, but we were seriously wrong. I've been going back and forth with Home Depot for over 2 months now - they messed up our service appointments. They scheduled and cancelled various appointments without telling us, then set us up for service only to learn that the part we needed is on back order and we have to wait an indefinite amount of time until it's available. Meanwhile our laundry bills are piling up and we just learned that we are only covered for $25 per incident - our laundry bills are far higher than that per week! Let alone since March! Extremely dissatisfied and disheartened by this experience. We will never purchase from Home Depot again and certainly not anything requiring a warranty.

I purchase our first home 3 years ago. We have since replaced every appliance with new ones from Home Depot and purchase the protection plan with it. Our Samsung dishwasher was the most expensive on the shelf at the time and we thought it was worth paying extra for a good machine. It has never worked properly, and chunks of food staying in the machine and not draining properly. We have had people out at least 4 times with two-week waits each time when it has stopped working altogether. As working parents, taking days from work to wait for repair window and still not having a machine that works we are really frustrated. The last two visits the repairman were unable to fix the problem and a dishwasher still does not work.

We have been weeks without a dishwasher now. I am completely appalled that Home Depot Protection Policy is refusing to acknowledge the item as defective and replace it or offer a refund. They are instead using a loophole, claiming that the first year it was under warranty so the visits didn't count. Why then did I pay for the plan for the first year? I am so disappointed that I purchased so many of these bogus protection plans and warn you to save your money. They will find every loophole, they cannot to honor the no lemon policy.

For three years I have fought with Home Depot to replace a faulty counter depth LG Refrigerator. I bought the extended warranty and went through 1 year of repairs with LG, only to be passed to Home Depot for 2 years. Yes, I have been patient, but enough is enough. From day 1 the freezer has iced over. I posted my YouTube video, wrote LG, and all failed to get results. Please don't buy LG and don't think about the Home Depot warranty plan for large items. They will replace parts till you die or the warranty ends, but they don't care if you file 5 food reimbursement claims ($1500), they still won't replace the refrigerator. They have replaced so many parts on my unit that the only thing remaining untouched are the shelves inside. The compressor has been replaced, the water unit replaced, the inside of the door, the entire back panel, the ice maker, etc.

I purchased a high end gas range from HD in 2012 for $2974 along with a 5 yr protection plan. In November 2015 the oven suddenly stopped working. HD sent out a GE repairman. He ordered the part. I had to call them back out to put the part in. He left. I checked it and the oven still was not heating. He came back out and ordered another part, which came and a week later I had to call him out to put it in. Still wouldn't heat. He ordered another part. And the process repeated itself 4 more times. Finally he replaced the original part he had ordered first and finally the oven heated. It took 7 times and 10 weeks without an oven to fix it.

However, while he was making weekly repairs the technician broke off a red indicator light on the front of the stove which lets the user know when the upper oven is preheating. He said on his last visit that he would order the part and come back to fix it. I waited 3 weeks and nothing came in the mail, nor any contact with HD, or GE. I called and they had no record of any parts ordered. So I went thru the whole story and the HD guy said he'd have to speak with his manager and get back to me. I never received a call, needless to say as they have never even once called back during this entire ordeal, so finally I called them to find out what is going on and they said that a technician was scheduled to come out and fix it. But they could not tell me when.

So I had to call this new repair company America's Choice - not GE to see when they were coming. America's Choice had nothing but my name on file. They sent someone out that week, and he said that the part would be delivered and that he would get an alert that it arrived and call me to schedule the appointment. Now 3 weeks later I still have no part, I've contacted America's Choice several times and each time they are clueless and have to check with the tech and promise to get back to me. I'm still waiting - 4 months after my oven stopped working - to have my warranty agreement fulfilled. My lesson: Do not ever buy an appliance from GE or a warranty from Home Depot!

A month ago I places a service request on my washing machine, and it still has not been fixed. I have made numerous calls and talked to almost every customer representative and supervisor. The process works like this -- you call and talk to a very nice customer representative who says they will fix the machine immediately, get a loaner from a nearby home depot if need be, or replace it. A technician comes out and diagnoses the problem and a week later comes with the parts.

For me, the wrong part was sent 3 times by Samsung. This resulted in me not having a washing machine for over a month. Not once did the warranty company call to check on the machine. I had to call, sit on the phone and wait to speak to a rude, unhelpful supervisor. Not once did the warranty company call me back to see if the machine was fixed. The one and only time they called without me initiating a call was to tell my mom who was waiting for the technician on his 2nd time out with the wrong part that he was going to be over 2 hours late after she sat and waited from 12 until 3 for him.

The managers are worse than the supervisors. They do not ever call and check on the machine or try to solve any problems. The warranty company says they have processes and procedures to follow. The processes and procedures are inefficient, and despite 4 different layers of people who are suppose to be solving the problem -- customer rep, supervisor, manager, and people who take 3 days to review a buy out -- not one person can actually solve the problem. Not one person will call the customer to check on the problem or offer solutions or even say "I am sorry for the month delay. I am sorry that the wrong part was sent out 3 times and the reason why we are going to try a fourth time is."

So here I am four weeks out without a machine, over 150 spent at the laundromat, and still no washing machine, no solution, no call back from anyone, and told I can hear something in 3 business days -- which is actually 5 days since it was Wednesday night when the technician left my house after the third time trying to fix my Samsung machine. The next phone call is to the lawyer, channel 7 problem solvers, and Home Depot headquarters.

I purchased an LG electric dryer less than a year ago. Since it was an expensive purchase, I paid Home Depot for their extended warranty. Bad choice!!! The bracket that holds the dryer's lint trap broke within six months. I called to have it repaired; HD said that they would send the part (the bracket, not the lint filter) and then I could call a local repairman on their list. The part came two weeks later - it was the filter, not the bracket! I didn't need a filter! I called HD again, and the call got dropped. Call again; same thing.

Finally, I called the local repair service that they recommended - and was told that this same repair service was "too busy" to schedule a service call. I called the second local repair service that they recommended, and got a service appointment - thinking that a "real" service repairman would have more clout with the company and would order the correct part - he came out, looked at the dryer, said "you need a new bracket", and promised to order it. Never came.

Finally, after a month, I called HD AGAIN and got dropped AGAIN. Then the real circus began. I called HD repeatedly, waiting through their long hold times, and finally got a person who said that they would open a ticket on my dryer. Within a day, another person called to tell me that I needed to call the dryer manufacturer. I called the number she gave me - WRONG MANUFACTURER! Despite giving HD service personnel all of the information off of the dryer - including the serial number - they sent me to the wrong company! I looked up the correct number off of the internet and called the manufacturer. They said they could do nothing without HD authorizing it!

Called HD again. Finally got the right manufacturer into the system (I had to have them correct it, they didn't pick up on it based on the serial number and model number that they already had). They promised to call the manufacturer and get the correct part ordered, get me a service repairman, and get the dryer fixed. That was over six weeks ago. I still don't have a working dryer. I finally called the local repair service that came out the first time (not the one that was "too busy"), and they ordered another bracket. Again. Supposedly it has been delivered to them, and supposedly they will come out and fix it in another 10 days.

It's been over six months now that my dryer hasn't worked. I've had to haul laundry back and forth to the laundromat for that entire time, since the dryer overheats without the bracket installed (the filter won't stay in without the bracket, and so the lint accumulates inside the dryer). I'm disgusted that I paid full price (over $1000) for this dryer, and then hundreds more for the extended warranty, and the thing doesn't work. The people who work for HD seem to be on drugs, or don't speak English, or whatever. They simply don't have any idea of what to do, and it's hard to even get a hold of them.

LG fridge just stopped working. I had a local repair/servicing company come out and diagnose the problem. Bad compressor! Well the technician informed us that LG has 7-10 year warranty on compressors. Said I should look into LG warranty or see if I had the "extended warranty" (apparently it is not cheap to replace a compressor). I contact LG which in fact confirmed that they would replace compressor (itself) but I would have to pay for the labor unless I had the extended warranty. Called Home Depot and I was told "warranty" was expired. So I called LG back asking them to send someone out since my warranty was expired. The person at LG asked when I purchased fridge and for how long did I get the extended warranty for. Long story short I still have 6 months of extended warranty with LG.

I made the call to Home Depot extended warranty (HDEW) to report a "claim". Was told that someone would come out and "service" the fridge the following Monday between 4-8 pm. The following Monday took a couple of hours off so that I could be home before the technician. No one ever came or called. Tuesday I called HDEW, spoke to a representative who "profusely" apologized for the inconvenience; placed me on hold and he tried to make contact with 3rd party company (Primal Services) to see why they no showed/didn't call. He was unable to "reach" anyone or "leave a message". Promised to call back. Never called. I called yet again to HDEW and advised representative about problem and told them that I wanted another company to come out to service the fridge. She tried to persuade me to give this 3rd party company another try because there was "A minimal of a 2 day wait for this new request to be put in".

I informed her to put it in because I did not want to deal with someone that does not value my time. Thursday of last week HDEW leaves a message that an appointment has already been established for following Wed (today) to have someone come service it; if you guessed Primal services then you would be correct. This 3rd party company leaves me a message Monday of this week to say that no one "will be in my area" to service appliance on Wed but someone can come Tuesday; well yay right, I only have to wait 24 hrs before my fridge will work! I called the company to let them know that I refuse to take another half day off but if someone will come after I get off of work then great! Surprise surprise no one answers. So no big deal right, I'll call 1st Tuesday before I go into work.

Once again I run into problems because I am unable to leave a message. Finally at lunch time noonish the once full phone mail box allows me to leave a message. I make sure to let them know my name, reason for calling, and when we will be home later that afternoon so that their technician doesn't have to wait on us. No one called or left me a message even though they are up running until 5 pm (M-F). Today I get a message from 3rd party company stating that they "just got" my message and that no one can come service my fridge "that late" (5-5:30 pm) since it takes a technician hours to replace compressor. The only thing that they can offer me is next Tuesday in the morning. I was beyond frustrated so I called HDEW. Well, I was told that in order for me to have someone "new" to come service the fridge I will need to put a request that will take at least 2 days to be "approved".

When I told a Julie, a supervisor, that that was unacceptable since I originally put a request last week all she could do is "apologize" (not much help paying supervisors if they have no power to do anything). Though she "totally" understood my frustration and how the company has dropped the ball repeatedly other than apologize she was useless. I cannot have someone else come service it TODAY and have HDEW reimburse me. All Julie could do for us (a family of five, 2 adults and 3 teenagers) was put in a "new" (2nd) request to have someone else, from their small non-existent pool of repair company, to come services it; now she could "ask" (not to be confused with GUARANTEE) to have this new request to be expedited BUT she wanted to "stress" that did not in anyway mean that the request would be granted (so don't get my hopes up).

Needless to say PLEASE DO NOT waste your time, money, or more importantly your sanity and purchase a USELESS warranty. Almost 2 weeks without even having a technician come out to look at appliance we are STILL without a working Refrigerator. The amount of money spend upfront from purchasing worthless warranty and all the money spent on fast food (for two weeks now) I could have had someone local & reliable come out and actually install compressor (which LG would have replace at no cost since it's under warranty). I only would have been out the labor cost but my sanity would not have been tested. I have given Home Depot extended warranty 24 hrs to have a timely solution for this ongoing problem or I will assume they do not want/care to fix my broken fridge. We shall see if they can redeem themselves; but I, just like useless Julie, want to "stress" that I don't see it happening.

I have purchased several power tools from Home Depot and always purchase the additional extended service warranty. Home Depot seems to have gone out of its way to make it nearly impossible to validate traditional AND extended warranties! For the traditional warranty you can go to their site, but there is nothing there to help you. I finally Googled, "How do I register my Home Depot tool for warranty" and got a third party site that wanted another Log In and receipt info. That done, the site asks if I texted a copy of my receipt. I'd love to... to what number? I finally take a picture of my receipt, email it to myself, save the picture, import the picture into the third party site and press continue. The site locks up, and will not let me re-register the product, citing that it is already on file. When I go to see it under My Plans, it says "You have not registered any items." WHAT???

Home Depot Extended Warranty Company Profile