2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

3.5/5 (11 ratings)

About Holland Grills

Holland Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holland Grills?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holland Grills?

Original review: April 13, 2012

I bought the Holland Classic grill a number of years ago based on the "guaranteed no flare-up." I was fed up with fighting fires with charcoal. Then a couple of months after the purchase, I asked the dealer I got it from about how to clean the grill. I was looking for some solution or other means, and I was told that it need no cleaning.

Well, a year or so ago, we had a major fire in the grill; and I contacted the corporate personnel about the fire. They said it was out of warranty and that nothing could be done. I said, "What? The product has your name on it and has your guarantee of 'no flare-up'!" Wrong! It has done it again since that time, and whenever I get tired of it, I will never buy another one. And if it ever has a major flare up and fire and damages my home, you can bet an attorney will be consulted solely based on their deceitful statement of "guaranteed no flare-up."

Original review: Oct. 16, 2009

I purchased a grill through a dealer for Holland. We called to order my grill from the company and one of their sales reps told me that she would see what she could do due to the grill not being shipped for a few weeks. When asked about it again after the grill arrived, the sales rep did not remember that she said she would see what she could do, such as throwing in a cover for the grill, etc. She said she would have to ask someone what she could do. She never once said that she could not do anything. I finally had to call the company directly, because they refused to commit one way or the other as to letting me know that they would or would not do something for me. Once I spoke with the VP, Barry Byars, he was rude and said they would not honor what the sales rep said nor would he even talk with me regarding the events of this ordeal and then he hung up on me. I asked if I could return the grill and he refused to take it back and that I would have to take it up with the dealer I purchased it from.

The dealer and I were both under the assumption that the sales rep would do something based upon her comments and we were both shocked at the response from the company itself.

Holland Grills Company Information