2. Homeowners
  3. Barbecue Grills

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.55/5

Holland Grills Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holland Grills?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holland Grills?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I have tried to post to the Holland Grills site and don't think it has worked. My posts have come back saying they are not valid. Here is what happened. Bought the grill at a school fund raiser, it was beautiful looking grill. Paid more than if I bought in store but that is what fund raisers are for. We used the grill the first time on the 4th of July. Bar S dogs and Hamburgers. The grill burst into fire. We were able to get the tank off but the hose and the control knobs are all lost, melted.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I bought this grill with no flare ups and great to cook on but one month later all it does is catch on fire. I mean a real fire. Real scary, I'm afraid to leave it while cooking on it. It even does it with corn on the cob. A real piece of junk.

Get buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2019

The grill has been very good. I purchased the grill in 2003 and have enjoyed it but it is getting some update care. I don't know if they still make this brand but I would enjoy getting some TLC for mine.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I've owned a Holland for over 20 years and never had a problem. It finally died, and I bought a new Stainless Holland Independence. I've cooked as many as 18 ribeyes on this grill at the same time and never had any trouble, easy to use if you do your part. Always remember, "If you're lookin, you ain't cookin". Always have had the best experience whenever I have contacted the company for help or advice.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

It's easy to use and maneuver. It has storage for your utensils too and doesn't take up much space at all. I can have it right out on my deck and it doesn't get in the way. However, I would like it to be more aesthetically pleasing. It could have a nicer looking exterior and I almost feel like it might rust easily if it gets rained on too much. But overall I enjoy using it. It cooks evenly and helps me prepare tasty food. I would most likely consider buying this brand again in the future.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

While cooking burgers, you have the option of cooking hotdogs on an upper rack using different temperatures which in turn brings forth an amazing taste. But I don't like the fact that it’s not easy to move and it’s heavy. Also, the color I wanted they didn't have in stock. The handles are a bit awkward so if they were flat it would help. Overall it’s a good grill, cooks everything very well and one of the best on the market. I would recommend it to anyone looking to grill at the park or at home. The experience will be nice.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like the solid steel base, thermometer of the grill temperature, spark ignition system, cast iron burner, its lifetime warranty and the size of the grill itself. I have lots of space to make a good bbq. I would improve the quality of the wheels because over time, my bbq wheels tend to lock up when I want to move my bbq to another location. Especially when it start to rain. After it dries, the wheels don't have much movement. My overall experience with the grill has been wonderful. I get to enjoy it with friends and family. It has lasted me in good shape over the years and has delivered just like I expected when I bought it. I think it was a great value for my money spent.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Very pleased and reliable for the cooking task at hand. I like that it doesn't flame up if touched by grease and less danger of fire, easy to set up and use, and has controls like you use inside for the best and most tender cooking times with tough cooking grids that hold up well. I would like more color selections to match outdoor decor when having get-togethers, and more tools for grilling and steaming, maybe cooking utensils that come with the grill. This grill has proven itself as a top brand with even cooking times and made to order for everyone with perfectly cooked meats and very easy to clean up with less time and trouble and made in the US for top quality.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

When you use Holland Grills, it makes the meat fresh. If it could cook meat under 10 minutes, that would be wonderful. It uses propane and/or gas. It is the best grill ever and worth every penny. My long search is over and nothing could replace it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had a grill once that caught fire when no one was home and almost burnt the house down. It burnt down my fence and the awning. I need only safe grills now and this one satisfy my needs fully! I was shown the auto shut off and I instantly knew I would purchase it. It is something that is often overlooked but I couldn't live without it! I love the power button and I wish every grill would be this safe. I love the grill very much. It's amazing, but I have a fear of it going off unexpectedly.

Holland Grills author review by ConsumerAffairs

On a mission to put an end to flare-ups once and for all, Brad Holland developed the “Holland system” of grilling nearly 30 years ago in North Carolina. His system is a patented system of heat  control guards and a sizzle tray designed to prevent flare-ups while grilling so you get all the flavor of grilling without the danger. It’s unique drum shape means food gets cooked on all sides at the same time-no need to flip or use a rotisserie. Holland grills are available at retailers across the U.S. and Canada or online.

• No flare ups: The patented technology behind Holland grills ensures a safe and tasty grilling experience for everyone.

• Easy to use: Holland grills don’t have temperature controls or other knobs because they don’t need it. Simply set your food on the grill, close the lid and walk away. There’s no need to adjust the temperature or rotate your meat.

• Range of sizes: Holland grills are available in a full range of sizes, from travel size to full-size. Leave one on your back patio and grab a second one to take with you when you’re on the road.

• American made: All full-size Holland grills are made in Warrenton, Georgia, so you can rest assured knowing your grill is handcrafted in America.

• Lifetime warranty: The heart of the Holland grill, the cast-iron burner, is guaranteed for the life of the grill, so you don’t need to worry about replacing your burner year after year.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team