4.13/5
Based on 8 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

9 Holland Grills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 14, 2018

I've owned a Holland for over 20 years and never had a problem. It finally died, and I bought a new Stainless Holland Independence. I've cooked as many as 18 ribeyes on this grill at the same time and never had any trouble, easy to use if you do your part. Always remember, "If you're lookin, you ain't cookin". Always have had the best experience whenever I have contacted the company for help or advice.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

It's easy to use and maneuver. It has storage for your utensils too and doesn't take up much space at all. I can have it right out on my deck and it doesn't get in the way. However, I would like it to be more aesthetically pleasing. It could have a nicer looking exterior and I almost feel like it might rust easily if it gets rained on too much. But overall I enjoy using it. It cooks evenly and helps me prepare tasty food. I would most likely consider buying this brand again in the future.

Get expert buying tips about Barbecue Grills delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

While cooking burgers, you have the option of cooking hotdogs on an upper rack using different temperatures which in turn brings forth an amazing taste. But I don't like the fact that it’s not easy to move and it’s heavy. Also, the color I wanted they didn't have in stock. The handles are a bit awkward so if they were flat it would help. Overall it’s a good grill, cooks everything very well and one of the best on the market. I would recommend it to anyone looking to grill at the park or at home. The experience will be nice.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I like the solid steel base, thermometer of the grill temperature, spark ignition system, cast iron burner, its lifetime warranty and the size of the grill itself. I have lots of space to make a good bbq. I would improve the quality of the wheels because over time, my bbq wheels tend to lock up when I want to move my bbq to another location. Especially when it start to rain. After it dries, the wheels don't have much movement. My overall experience with the grill has been wonderful. I get to enjoy it with friends and family. It has lasted me in good shape over the years and has delivered just like I expected when I bought it. I think it was a great value for my money spent.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Very pleased and reliable for the cooking task at hand. I like that it doesn't flame up if touched by grease and less danger of fire, easy to set up and use, and has controls like you use inside for the best and most tender cooking times with tough cooking grids that hold up well. I would like more color selections to match outdoor decor when having get-togethers, and more tools for grilling and steaming, maybe cooking utensils that come with the grill. This grill has proven itself as a top brand with even cooking times and made to order for everyone with perfectly cooked meats and very easy to clean up with less time and trouble and made in the US for top quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holland Grills?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

When you use Holland Grills, it makes the meat fresh. If it could cook meat under 10 minutes, that would be wonderful. It uses propane and/or gas. It is the best grill ever and worth every penny. My long search is over and nothing could replace it.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I had a grill once that caught fire when no one was home and almost burnt the house down. It burnt down my fence and the awning. I need only safe grills now and this one satisfy my needs fully! I was shown the auto shut off and I instantly knew I would purchase it. It is something that is often overlooked but I couldn't live without it! I love the power button and I wish every grill would be this safe. I love the grill very much. It's amazing, but I have a fear of it going off unexpectedly.

Original review: April 13, 2012

I bought the Holland Classic grill a number of years ago based on the "guaranteed no flare-up." I was fed up with fighting fires with charcoal. Then a couple of months after the purchase, I asked the dealer I got it from about how to clean the grill. I was looking for some solution or other means, and I was told that it need no cleaning.

Well, a year or so ago, we had a major fire in the grill; and I contacted the corporate personnel about the fire. They said it was out of warranty and that nothing could be done. I said, "What? The product has your name on it and has your guarantee of 'no flare-up'!" Wrong! It has done it again since that time, and whenever I get tired of it, I will never buy another one. And if it ever has a major flare up and fire and damages my home, you can bet an attorney will be consulted solely based on their deceitful statement of "guaranteed no flare-up."

Original review: Oct. 16, 2009

I purchased a grill through a dealer for Holland. We called to order my grill from the company and one of their sales reps told me that she would see what she could do due to the grill not being shipped for a few weeks. When asked about it again after the grill arrived, the sales rep did not remember that she said she would see what she could do, such as throwing in a cover for the grill, etc. She said she would have to ask someone what she could do. She never once said that she could not do anything. I finally had to call the company directly, because they refused to commit one way or the other as to letting me know that they would or would not do something for me. Once I spoke with the VP, Barry Byars, he was rude and said they would not honor what the sales rep said nor would he even talk with me regarding the events of this ordeal and then he hung up on me. I asked if I could return the grill and he refused to take it back and that I would have to take it up with the dealer I purchased it from.

The dealer and I were both under the assumption that the sales rep would do something based upon her comments and we were both shocked at the response from the company itself.

Holland Grills expert review by ConsumerAffairs

On a mission to put an end to flare-ups once and for all, Brad Holland developed the “Holland system” of grilling nearly 30 years ago in North Carolina. His system is a patented system of heat  control guards and a sizzle tray designed to prevent flare-ups while grilling so you get all the flavor of grilling without the danger. It’s unique drum shape means food gets cooked on all sides at the same time-no need to flip or use a rotisserie. Holland grills are available at retailers across the U.S. and Canada or online.

• No flare ups: The patented technology behind Holland grills ensures a safe and tasty grilling experience for everyone.

• Easy to use: Holland grills don’t have temperature controls or other knobs because they don’t need it. Simply set your food on the grill, close the lid and walk away. There’s no need to adjust the temperature or rotate your meat.

• Range of sizes: Holland grills are available in a full range of sizes, from travel size to full-size. Leave one on your back patio and grab a second one to take with you when you’re on the road.

• American made: All full-size Holland grills are made in Warrenton, Georgia, so you can rest assured knowing your grill is handcrafted in America.

• Lifetime warranty: The heart of the Holland grill, the cast-iron burner, is guaranteed for the life of the grill, so you don’t need to worry about replacing your burner year after year.

• Best for: Those who want to enjoy the taste and ease of a grill without the hassle of flare-ups.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs