Holland Grills

Compare Barbecue Grills

Research top Barbecue Grills recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I bought the Holland Classic grill a number of years ago based on the "guaranteed no flare-up." I was fed up with fighting fires with charcoal. Then a couple of months after the purchase, I asked the dealer I got it from about how to clean the grill. I was looking for some solution or other means, and I was told that it need no cleaning.

Well, a year or so ago, we had a major fire in the grill; and I contacted the corporate personnel about the fire. They said it was out of warranty and that nothing could be done. I said, "What? The product has your name on it and has your guarantee of 'no flare-up'!" Wrong! It has done it again since that time, and whenever I get tired of it, I will never buy another one. And if it ever has a major flare up and fire and damages my home, you can bet an attorney will be consulted solely based on their deceitful statement of "guaranteed no flare-up."

I purchased a grill through a dealer for Holland. We called to order my grill from the company and one of their sales reps told me that she would see what she could do due to the grill not being shipped for a few weeks. When asked about it again after the grill arrived, the sales rep did not remember that she said she would see what she could do, such as throwing in a cover for the grill, etc. She said she would have to ask someone what she could do. She never once said that she could not do anything.

I finally had to call the company directly, because they refused to commit one way or the other as to letting me know that they would or would not do something for me. Once I spoke with the VP, Barry, he was rude and said they would not honor what the sales rep said nor would he even talk with me regarding the events of this ordeal and then he hung up on me. I asked if I could return the grill and he refused to take it back and that I would have to take it up with the dealer I purchased it from.

The dealer and I were both under the assumption that the sales rep would do something based upon her comments and we were both shocked at the response from the company itself.

I am hoping that by me saying something another individual will not have to go through what I am going through with Holland Grills? I now refuse to own anything made from this company due to their lack of integrity.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

On a mission to put an end to flare-ups once and for all, Brad Holland developed the “Holland system” of grilling nearly 30 years ago in North Carolina. His system is a patented system of heat  control guards and a sizzle tray designed to prevent flare-ups while grilling so you get all the flavor of grilling without the danger. It’s unique drum shape means food gets cooked on all sides at the same time-no need to flip or use a rotisserie. Holland grills are available at retailers across the U.S. and Canada or online.

• No flare ups: The patented technology behind Holland grills ensures a safe and tasty grilling experience for everyone.
  • Easy to use: Holland grills don’t have temperature controls or other knobs because they don’t need it. Simply set your food on the grill, close the lid and walk away. There’s no need to adjust the temperature or rotate your meat.
  • Range of sizes: Holland grills are available in a full range of sizes, from travel size to full-size. Leave one on your back patio and grab a second one to take with you when you’re on the road.
  • American made: All full-size Holland grills are made in Warrenton, Georgia, so you can rest assured knowing your grill is handcrafted in America.
  • Lifetime warranty: The heart of the Holland grill, the cast-iron burner, is guaranteed for the life of the grill, so you don’t need to worry about replacing your burner year after year.
  • Best for Those who want to enjoy the taste and ease of a grill without the hassle of flare-ups.

Compare Barbecue Grills