Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.78/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?

Original review: July 17, 2020

I owned a lumberyard and hardware store about 35 years ago. I found I could buy from Harbor Freight at retail cheaper than I could buy wholesale on most items. They have been in my radar ever since. Unmatched prices, but not as many stores as Home Depot and/or Lowes.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Harbor Freight is one of my favorite tool stores for several reasons. First of all the reps are always polite and helpful. Rarely have l had any complaint but whenever l did they have always worked diligently to rectify the problem. I have visited stores all over and the service is always good. Many tell me they don't like the quality of merchandise that is available, but l have found that little, if any difference, can be found and for the price cannot be equaled. I like the complimentary 'free' items Harbor Freight offers to the public and many even do not require any purchase. I highly recommend Harbor Freight to all diy-ers that want a good deal on any tool needed as well as household items for kitchen or garden. For the best bang for your buck, Harbor Freight cannot be beat!

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Love Harbor Freight! Their customer service is great, can always find an employee to help you if you can't find or know about the item. Prices are less expensive than the other tool stores and anything you need, you can find within the store and not have to walk a half a mile to hope it's in the other stores aisle.

Original review: July 9, 2020

If I need a tool or have a project, I always go here first. Especially right n or while money is tight, I can find everything I need for a reasonable price and decent quality. The handheld drill set I use almost once a week I bought from Harbor Freight about 5 years ago and it still Works like new.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Having always found, in my experience HF to meet my needs and budget. Always friendly staff, that are very helpful. Plenty of options from DIY to contractor needs. As a handyman HF helped my business grow. Have been in 3 different store across the country and all meet my challenges.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

They are very attentive and helpful, they help out at any time and always have a smile, the store is clean and well organized, I le that they have discounts all over the store, also they help find anything you need within the store,

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

Worst customer experience of 2020. I ordered a thousand dollar generator. It went pending for a week. Finally processed. No notice of being shipped. No notice it was out of stock. I call three times. Finally it ships and I think I will have it in a couple of days. It takes two weeks to arrive. if I had ordered this from Amazon they would've had it on my doorstep the next day.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

Worst quality tools I've ever seen. Might as well have been plastic. I bought a 130 pc tool set to replace my lower intake manifold gasket (really only needed a couple of pieces). Everything went fine until it came time to torque the bolts back down. Socket stripped right out on the first time around.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

Customer service is terrible and website has zero indication whether the item is in stock or not. I ordered a $500 shredder and kept waiting to be notified that it shipped. After a week of checking online, I called and they said, "We do not have any more and do not know when they will be coming in." They could not tell me if my shredder would ship when they receive more since they do not know how many are on backorder. I asked to speak to a manager and he (Richard ext #**) said he could not help but suggested I call back in 21 business days. I asked him to find out more info and he said they have no idea how many more will be coming in. I decided to look at Harbor Freight Tools reviews online and saw others with the same problem. I called back and cancelled my order. I suggest not wasting your time with this company. I went to Amazon and paid $40 more but feel that I will be treated better!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I am less than pleased with Harbor Freights warranty on hand tools. They say they have a lifetime warranty; however if you buy a set, and 1 tool breaks you have to return the whole set to get it replaced. I bought a set of 5 wrenches. The 1/2 inch broke, so I took it in to get it replaced. No luck unless I go home and get the other 4 wrenches. I have had Craftsmen, Snap on, Kobalt, tools replaced with no issues. I don't see purchasing any more hand tools from Harbor Freight in the future. I can't imagine having to dig through all of my tool boxes to try to find a whole set of screwdrivers to return just 1 broken 1. This is not a good business practice. Poor customer service from one business owner to another...

Harbor Freight Tools Company Information