Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.08/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?

Original review: July 2, 2020

Cancelled online order after no shipping. Cancellation acknowledged. 30 days after cancellation, product shipped anyway and credit card charged. Returned to local HF store; they won't refund shipping!!

Original review: June 29, 2020

Do not order anything from Harbor Freight. They give you a runaround about shipping, want answer a phone, or email... Then they finally answer a email after the 5th one you done sent and tell you there is a delay.. If they would have said that to start with I would have went into a local store...

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Ordered a wood chipper from them. Got it. Used 4 times and fell apart. Customer service did nothing but lie and be rude. After this will not be ordering from them again. Wish I would have read reviews.

Original review: June 27, 2020

Purchase air compressor May 14, 2020. Worked 2 times, inflated tires and blew dust off house fan. Compressor stopped working June 15th. Returned to store on June 27, 2020. Lost receipt. Store manager would not accept return. Asked for my email address. I was told it's not in the system and they refused to search after 1 time search. I receive emails and merchandising catalogs weekly. I've made several purchases over the years as a residential customer and as a contractor. I will never buy there again! I don't mind spending a few dollars more to purchase a quality item from a reputable store with a fair return policy. PS. Most produst sold by Harbor Freight is cheaply made items from CHINA!

Original review: June 27, 2020

I have recently started checking on prices online, especially when I get an advertising email from them. Today, simple batteries ad, price $8.99. That’s a good deal UNTIL at checkout $6.99 shipping! Now their most expensive batteries online! Beware! I feel they are making up profit on shipping costs. They gouge shipping on many of their products. Buyer beware! I suggest take their ads to a store. Most will match and no shipping gouging going on! My 2 cents.

Original review: June 27, 2020

First of all their website won't let you use 2 gift cards at the same time, causing people to have to make multiple orders and pay shipping on each. Then they put out coupons to entice people to buy their products online, knowing that the items are back ordered and not even in the country yet. I made 2 orders from the HF website, 5 days later the orders are still pending. I then call customer service and find out they are nearly a month behind on shipping orders, this is not stated on the website anywhere. Then I get an email saying one of my orders is expected to ship in a couple weeks, as if I am supposed to be happy about waiting a month for my item. 2 days later I got another email saying my 2nd order is delayed, back ordered and they don't even have a time frame for when or if they will have the item...EVER.

This company is committing fraud, charging people for items they don't have, they know the items are not in the warehouse, how can they continue to sell items that do not exist? If I were to sell an item on ebay, Amazon or any other website, and didn't ship the item for months because I didn't have it, I would be forced to give a refund and to list the item as SOLD OUT. These items are still available for purchase on the Harbor Freight website, even though it will be months before they can fulfill the order, if ever. I will never shop at this store again, thousands of complaints like this one will be coming soon.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Ordered a miter saw online... After 7 weeks and several phone calls..received an email stating they mishandling of the order and it would be sent priority... Fast forward 2 weeks... Still no sign of order... Call again.. Told two to 3 days shipping... It's been 9 weeks.. Asked for manager. Waited 10 minutes. Was told they would call back... For the 3rd time still no call... Worst company ever.. They get one star only because zero is not available.

Original review: June 25, 2020

Ordered 4 security cameras online. Took over 3 weeks saying still processing. Called to cancel order. Told order would be canceled. Money comes out of bank putting us $150 in the negatives. We call to find out why order went through. No good excuse except to either decline order when it arrived or take back to store when we could. Took back to store cuz they already broke my trust. Still waiting on refund. Basically stole our money. Never shopping online again.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Ordered wheel jacks over three weeks ago, listed as "pending" with no further information. Upon emailing customer "NON" service, it takes a week for them to respond with a snarky reply of an anticipated delivery date that had already past. FIRST order I have ever placed with them, guaranteed to be my last.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I ordered a pump a saw. Site said 7-10 business days. After two weeks I tried to cancel but they said it was already sent for delivery. After multiple emails with customer service, six weeks went by, still no refund and no pump or saw. Just after six weeks they said they could not fulfill the pump, which before they had said already shipped. Still have not seen the saw. DO NOT SHOP HARBOR FREIGHT. THEY LIE TO KEEP YOUR MONEY AND ARE NOT WORRIED ABOUT YOU OR YOUR TIME.

Harbor Freight Tools Company Information