1.36/5
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Harbor Freight Tools

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

185 Harbor Freight Tools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Received a letter from HF stating a tire recall was mandated by the National Traffic & Motor Vehicle Safety Act for the tires on my Haul Master trailer, tire 12" Innova. The letter states to go to your local HF store and the tires will be replaced. Called my local store in Melbourne, FL, was told they have gone through their tire stock for replacements and no idea when/if they will be securing additional inventory. Was offered a $30 gift card. Responded, "HF is mandated to replace the tires," told, "Sorry we are not able to."

Sent in a request to the HF customer service email address gained from their website. A few days later response was the tires are on backorder with no firm or estimated date as to when they would be received. I sent a response what was HF plan for trailer owners until the tires were received, a response was never received. This is not the level of customer service expected when tires are a critical component of a trailer, where a failure can be a major safety incident. The recall notice from HF is called: Trailer Recall - NHTSA Recall Number 17V-638 dated Nov. 24, 2017. The date is now Feb 17, 2018, HF has not provided a solution as yet.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

U.S. General® Pro 61427 30 in. 5 Drawer Glossy Red Tool Cart - None of the holes lined up to assemble. Had to redrill every hole. Short on bolts and nuts. Brackets for compression closer were welded on backward. No way to install them. Piece of junk... Took three hours only to find it will never close... Do not buy it. You will regret it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Harbor Freight, you have changed your protocol of using the 20% and 25% coupons to where we "CAN'T" use them on one product in your ads. We used to be able to do this, but now, your managers at your store locations will fight you tooth and nail trying to prove their point that this has "ALWAYS" been your policy. They get rude, get up in your face as though they would fight you right in front of other customers at the counter check-out.

I've seen customers walk out after seeing how I was treated and talked to trying to use a coupon, and I'm 65 years old. If your Managers don't have any respect for the elderly, then people begin to walk out. Others don't want to have to argue with a Manager who treats his customers like he is the "BOUNCER" in a bar. I have followed your sales solicitations in emails, and in your mail out catalogues. You lie to your customers about them being such a blow-out sales and they save so much percentage wise... but it's the same old prices you have all the time. There may be one or two items that are cheaper but most all are the same old prices. Only difference is, is that you have stopped your customers from being able to use the 20% coupons on one major item if it is one of the so-called sale items.

So your gimmick is simply to make you more money. Tell the unsuspecting customer you're having a blow-out sale, that they can save up to 75% or more on all items, and you have the 20 and 25% coupons in the add but you won't allow them to be used in the sale. Just a sales gimmick to get the unsuspecting customer to come in and buy.

I went to the Conroe, Texas store after it had been open a few months. The check-out clerk would not allow me to use the 20% coupon with an electric drill, said it was on sale but it was your normal everyday price. Then she called the Manager up front. He came up there like he was the bouncer in a bar, dressed like a Harley Biker, got right up in my face and in my personal space, hollered at me and called me a liar. You had about 15 customers standing in line at the 3 stations to check out. As they watched and listened to how I was being treated and talked to, not to mention physically threatened... you could see they wanted no part of the Biker Manager, and saw that they also would not be allowed to use the 20% discount coupons that they had in hand. They began to leave their baskets at the counter and walked out of the store. I told the Manager I would never come back in that store again. His reply was "Fine, leave."

I called the Corporate office and asked to speak to the District Manager over the Conroe, Texas store. They said he, Jeremy **, was on vacation. I then asked to speak to the Manager taking his place during his absence. She said it was Rob ** but she would not transfer me or give me his number to call him. She said she would send him an email and see "IF" he would step in and call me back.

Mr. ** did call me back a few days later after I called a second time and a third time for him. He listened to what I had to say about the treatment in the Conroe Store. He said to go to the Lufkin Store (closer to me) and he would called ahead and tell the Manager there to give me the discount. All I would need to do was to carry the receipt with me. I did as he instructed but when I got to the Lufkin store, no one knew about my situation, not even the Manager and he flat refused to do anything the District Manager said for him to do.

I then called the return number of Dist. Mngr. ** and put him on speaker phone in front of the Store Manager to allow him to hear that I was not lying. I asked Mr. ** why he didn't call this Store Manager like he said he would. He gave some excuse but then said, "I'll call him and tell him to do what I told you I would do over the phone." I said, "Here's the Manager standing right here, let me hand the phone to him and you can tell him now." I left the phone on speakerphone.

Mr. ** told the Store Mngr. to do as we had discussed on the drill and a multi-position ladder. The Manager hung up my phone and began to work on the cash register to make things right. I thanked him and left, but after getting about 10 miles down the road, I told my wife to look at the sales receipt and see if the Manager did everything right as per the District Manager. He did on the drill, but charged me full price on the ladder, even after the Dist. Mngr. instructed him too.

I turned around and went back to the store, asked the Manager why he refused to follow the instruction of the Dist. Mngr. He said, "He's not my Manager. My Manager is Jeremy **." I replied to him that Mr. ** is on vacation and Mr. ** is handling this in his stead. I asked him to call the District Manager back and tell him he refused to obey his instructions. What he did was call Dist. Mngr. Jeremy **. I asked him to put the call on speaker so I could hear and he did. Mr. ** ran me, the customer down and said NOT to do as Mr. ** had instructed. Then I asked the Store Manager to let me speak to Mr. ** and he handed me the phone. After our conversation, he agreed to tell the Store Manager to follow Mr. ** instructions.

This is all appalling treatment to your customers. I have bought a lot of high dollar tools from your store, but now I refuse to pay my hard earned money to a Store that would treat me like your Managers and District Managers have done. They've lied to me, insulted me, threatened bodily harm to me, harassed and embarrassed me in front of other customers, and charged me more than I was supposed to be charged. I have seen in the News where your organization has been sued for false advertising and pricing to your customers. You just don't seem to learn even after being taken to court.

In these two circumstances, I went through the lower process of calling your Corporate Office, making the District Manager aware of the threatening and wrongful treatment, trying to get this resolved at your local level. Only to have to call again and again, being lied to by District Managers, and humiliated by Store Managers, and them not following the directives of the Dist. Mngr. I will not use your local level complaint to handle things ever again. It will immediately be escalated to the Local Police Department and the Local News.

If I ever go back into one of your stores, I will have someone with me to video everything that is said and is done by your staff, especially if one of your Managers threatens bodily harm to me and gets up in my face invading my personal space. The local Police now call this a Terroristic Threat. I will immediately call the Police, file a complaint of threat and bodily harm, I will take the video to the local News and see if they want to put your Store on the 5 O'clock News. The publicity you get will hopefully do justice for the treatment you give to many of your loyal customers.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I've had several problems with Harbor Freight over the years but I've ignored the issues. Not now. Recently order item and requested "second day" shipping for an extra charge. Ordered on a Friday and it's Thursday and guess what, no item. When I called and confronted the customer service guy, he hung up when I advised him it was illegal in the State of Arizona to "Mislead customers into charging extra shipping fees and not delivering as promised." I also looked into classaction.com to start a group effort to take this company down for making a lot of money off shipping charges. If it's not going to be here on the "second day" because it takes them several days to process the order, then it needs to be called "3-4" day shipping so people are not given the false impression of faster delivery. Or at least refund the customer's extra postage. It amazes me companies ignore such complains and often end up in million dollar settlements.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

While Harbor Freight has been a cheaper solution for those unable to purchase expensive tooling, the quality has reached an all-time low for consumers. I wouldn't recommend purchasing even the basic tools from Harbor Freight; you will just be wasting your money. The products are of such low quality, that you'd be better off burning your money than spending it at Harbor Freight.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I purchased one of the big central pneumatic compressor. It's about a year and a month or 2 ago. I use it every 2 or 3 times a month. I had nothing but problems with it. I replaced the air safety valve twice, it's broke again and now the air pressure switch is bad. I keep the oil level where it is supposed to be, I drink the water after each use and check it before I use it. And now I have to have it rigged up to get the thing to even start up.

I called customer service 4 times over the past 6 months and each time I have to sit and be put on hold for 20 minutes before I get aggravated and hang up. I buy tools from them in the past year and a 1/2. I have spent a lot of money I norm that 1 of you their biggest customers but I probably dropped a $1000 there and it's the worst piece of junk I've ever seen in my life. And trying to get ahold of somebody at their customer service member to complain about it forget it you get somebody they say always as a product complaint or a store complaint and when you say product they switch you to a deadline that you sit for 20 minutes to get nothing. I was reading something from Harbor freight this is a buy quality tools they buy quality crap at this point I would rather pay 10 times the amount that have to do with any more of their stuff.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I had been a fan of this company due to its low prices. However after numerous issue with their power tools and air tools, I have to admit that I am done. The final straw came when I recently had purchased a $23 pin nail gun. After a single use it stopped working. I tried to swap it for a new one, but the manager refused because I couldn't find the receipt. He told me I should have purchased their warranty plan. Clearly they don't stand behind their product. Since then I have completely washed my hands off this company. I will happily spend the extra money at Home Depot or Lowe’s for a product that I know isn't going to break after one use. And if it does break, they will stand behind the product.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Attempted to return defective air compressor, met with nothing but hostility because I lost the receipt. Offered credit card, still gave me a hard time, got mad & told me what I could do with my compressor. Mgr & his wife/clerk were both 250 lb walruses with attitude to match.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Just got a recall letter about bad tires on the Haul Master 1195 lb Trailer. I called HF to ask if they want the whole wheel or just the tire. I was told to return just the tires for exchange --BS. The kit comes with the tire on the rim and balanced, so to change my tires I have to go to a tire store, have them remove the tires, go to HF for the exchange, back to the tires store and have them put the new tires on the rims and balance them. I should exchange exactly what I bought and not have to break down the parts to replace a bad one. Cost me more than the complete wheel??? Be careful of what you buy from HF.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Received a circular in the mail advertising a Poulan Pro chainsaw and decided it would make a great gift. Foolish me drove 50 miles only to discover the Knoxville store was sold out and not getting another shipment in. So, back home I go have to admit (another 50 miles). Ordered the chainsaw online with no problem and received a email. So, I wait 2 weeks and nothing. No chainsaw, no emails with shipping info, etc. (Plenty of advertising emails though.) Well, today I called only to get the same story, no more chainsaws.

How can such a large company send out beautiful glossy fliers advertising an item with such a limited stock? Do they think they can dupe customers into the stores, not having sufficient advertised items, expecting us to buy other items? And to have salespeople put smirks on their faces as they tell us they are sold out and no more will be shipped in? Sorry! Well, I'm sorry too. When 3 out of 4 experiences with Harbor Freight are not pleasant I won't shop with them again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I bought a case of trash bags (50 count 1mil thickness 55 gal) in mid September 2017 at the store on Telephone and Wayside in the Sellers Plaza to be use at my home for a bigger lightweight trash instead of using too many small trash bags, but on the process of cleaning leaves and small pieces of tree limbs come to find out that the bags ripped too easy. Cannot even hold regular house trash without being ripped, so I decided to return them to the store and talking to the store manager he ask me for the receipt in order to exchange for something else due to the poor quality of the plastic the bags was made with (I showing the bad quality of the product and almost complete 47 bags still in the box).

So since I didn't show the receipt or proof of my purchase the manager refuse to take my return back knowing that every time we purchase any products at the store the cashier clerk ask for your phone number, knowing that is records under your phone number, very bad customer service for a return of their own product and very poor training of the manager... They can keep their products and sell them to someone else but not to me, I learn my lesson... Be careful buying poor quality products from them, you're just wasting your money!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2017

I purchased a wet saw to cut some glass tile. I attempt to cut one tile and it just chewed up. The glass crumbled it. I cleaned it up just as I bought it. Disassembled it and put it back into the packaging. They told me that I have to pay restocking the product $11. Are you serious. When I purchased it the young guy did not tell me if I return it it's a restock fee and I didn't bother to look at my receipt. Until the date of return. This was for Harbor Freight Kissimmee Florida 1317 East Osceola Parkway.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I purchased a dust collection system with the collector/vacuum, hoses, additional parts including connectors for the vacuum hose online on 10/17 (first deception). The hose connector is a necessary item if you want to use the system. After recovering the parts over the period of about a week in 3-4 different shipments I found that the vacuum hose attachments were missing.

I called the firm to find out they were on backorder. Never told this while ordering and was given no alternatives but told it would be the 10th of Nov. I was unhappy but what can you do. No offer to compensate for my time or delay. System is installed and on 11/20 after still not receiving the parts I called and told the parts were actually not available until the 14th (second strike). Now I am told that the product was shipped on the 16th but will not be delivered until the 22nd (third strike). This is over a month after my card was charged. No apology. No offer of any sort. I buy a ton of product at the stores but the online part of HF is deceptive and misleading in their practices. DO NOT USE THE ONLINE SERVICE AT Harbor Freight. I am very disappointed. Never again.

Resolution response: Oct. 21, 2017

Please note my review on October 15, 2017. My complaint was that I had been charged a restocking fee on a defective air compressor I purchased at Harbor Freight. I had paid cash and returned a gift card instead of my cash back. So, today October 20, 2017 I received an email from the store manager. It was a letter of apology and stated I should not have been charged the restocking fee and should have been refunded the entire amount in cash as used in my original purchase. So, there's hope for anyone else out there that experienced the same or a similar situation with Harbor Freight. I am now once again a satisfied customer of Harbor Freight and I will continue to do business with the company.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Returned a manufactures defective product and was charged a 20% restocking fee. So, Harbor Freight must put defective items back on their shelves and sell them again. Seems to me this is a consumer scam, wouldn't you say? But that's not all! I purchase the product with my DEBIT CARD and they would not give my cash back! They would only issue their GIFT CARD as my refund! Seems to me this is another consumer scam. So, with this in mind and considering I'm posting this on CONSUMER AFFAIRS WEBSITE. What can or will CONSUMER AFFAIRS or any other Buyer Protection Agency Do About This?

Updated on 10/20/17: So, today October 20, 2017 I received an email from the store manager. It was a letter of apology and stated I should not have been charged the restocking fee and should have been refunded the entire amount in cash as used in my original purchase. So, there's hope for anyone else out there that experienced the same or a similar situation with Harbor Freight. I am now once again a satisfied customer of Harbor Freight and I will continue to do business with the company.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a Portland power washer online from Harbor Freight Tools. I received what looked like a returned and re-packaged item. I tried it out and there was no pressure. I went to return it to a local Harbor Freight store. They said, because this is an item people rent, they will charge a 20% restocking fee. They had no interest in the fact that the item did not work. I feel Harbor Freight sells poor quality and/or defective products and then charges a 20% restocking fee, knowing that a customer might return the item.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I ordered $9 worth of crap and paid $11 for 2-day shipping. Order completed online on a Wednesday. Order filled and shipped on Thursday but guess what? THEY DON'T DELIVER on WEEKENDS. I called them and they said "That was business days" and "That's FedEx's call". Um, whatever. FedEx works for you and I GUARANTEE they deliver on Saturdays. Even the POST OFFICE delivers on Saturday. UPS Delivers on SUNDAY. So paying $20 for $9 worth of crap for 2-day shipping and it's going to take 5 days for me to get my stuff. What a load of crap. No wonder everyone orders from Amazon. At LEAST Harbor Freight had what I wanted, so that's why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

On 10-3-10 I went to Harbor Freight and purchased their 21 gal. air compressor. At checkout they told me if it is defective and I returned it there would be a $40.00 restocking fee. I said that don't sound right, clerk said "that is our policy!" I purchased the ex-warranty, the clerk told me, "Just before the warranty is up bring it back and exchange it for a new one." I live in Oregon and purchased it in WA "tax exempt." The clerk screwed that up and had to get the manager. Manager fixed it, however there was no total purchased price on the receipt. I ask for a copy with the total, manager had to come back. I told him I need to have a receipt with a total.

He said, "Our computer system won't do that." (RIGHT) He then said, "Just add it up yourself and write it on the receipt." I said "I have never heard of this before," manager said, "I can get you a receipt with a total but you will have to pay tax." Looking at the staff I analyzed them and said to myself (no to savvy) I told them I would take care of it. Beware of Harbor Freight. They have hidden charges, like text coupons that cost you money per text, restocking fees on returned defective product, discounts that don't apply but leads you to believe it does, be very selective in what you buy, (it won't last).

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Harbor Freight Store: Jefferson City, MO 65109. Incident: 9/23/2017. The store has been in Jefferson City for some time and I had never check it out. On 9/23/2017, I made my very first visit to store. I knew nothing about the store or it inner working or policies. I found about $35.00. 3 items had which I thought were on "sale". I went to check out and I could not see the register’s display because it was facing the clerk and not easily visible to customers (I now know why). I was putting the merchandise on my master charge card. When I inserted the card the display showed “approved”. I removed the card and the signature block appeared. When I signed and entered done, the computer “froze” and nothing would work. The clear tried to clear and nothing would happen. The manager approached and he had to reboot the computer. My transaction did not re-appear.

When this was happening, I looked at the register display and show the merchandise was at regular prices. I asked why and the clerk asked what color was the sale tag. I thought that was strange but I told her orange. She said “o that is a in store something." I asked the manager and he was not interested and at this I requested to refund or cancel my purchase. I did not want anything. The manager was very uninterested and appeared not to care. He never answered but said “wait 2-3 days and see if the charge hits your card. If it did, just come back and I will take care of it." I ask how he would take care of it when I have no proof. This manager was a real “deal”. I told him if this is how he treats customers on their very first visit, I could imagine how he would treat them if they had a warranty problem or another in-store problem.

The manager did not respond as if he could care less. He motioned with an expression of “I don’t give a **” attitude (pardon my language but this word describes the type of attitude). This manager could have handled this easily by giving me the sale prices and then telling me the store policy was and how I could get the sale prices in the future but no, I just made a substantial enemy of me when it comes to Harbor Freight. I will go out of my way to discourage anyone I meet to even visiting the store much less buying anything. Before I wrote this note, I have already send out a lot of negatives on your store. I will continue to copy and paste this review into any retail customer review sites that I can find and also to the city chamber of commerce of which I have a strong standing. I think you can tell I am furious and if it is on my card, know I got to go back into the store and talk to this “idiot”.

Follow-Up: 9/30/2017, the cancelled purchase was posted to my credit card on 9/27/2017. On 9/30/2017, I contacted an assistant manager (Kyle) by phone. He advised the store manager was not on duty today. He took my information and advised he would contact the accounting office and see if they would make an adjustment. However, I told him about how the store manager could have avoided this by giving me the sale prices but there was no response from Mr. Kyle. Still not much improvement in CUSTOMER NO SERVICE from this company. I have not received anything from this company at this point. If I do, I would update this review. There was no receipt from this purchase because the computer system crashed and there was no way to get a receipt. However, I have a print document from the credit card showing the purchase.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Bought a Portland electric powerwasher for $100. Brought it home, assembled it and used it for 5 to 6 minutes when it stopped working. Read and tried all troubleshooting solutions in manual and all failed. Next morning returned it with receipt. They asked if I wanted a replacement or my money back. I said cash. Asked if I had purchased extended warranty. I said no. They charged me a 20% restocking fee. I complained. Response "company policy" was not explained to me in advance since Home Depot, Lowe's, always returned 100% for defective merchandise. I will never buy another product from this company and will sound as many alarms as possible for other consumers to avoid this company. By the looks of their ratings, I am not alone.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My brother lives in St Croix which was recently ravaged by Hurricane Maria. They have no electricity and the power will be out for possibly months all over the island. I bought two generators at Harbor Freight and directed them to ship the items to Miami to the company VI Cargo who would then get them to my brother in St Croix. Harbor Freight canceled my orders and stated that due to a recent business policy change they do not ship to forward carriers and they were sorry for the inconvenience.

I am stunned as I was paying Harbor Freight almost $97.00 per generator to have them shipped to Miami where the people there would sign for them and then forward them on to St Croix yet Harbor Freight refuses to ship them. I pleaded with them to please tell me what I could do to get the generators out and they ignored my email. Anyone wanting to help the people in the Caribbean needs to be aware of Harbor Freights policy and their apparent refusal to bend on it no matter how dire the situation is down there. I tried twice to order and they cancelled my orders both times because I needed to use a forward carrier to the US VI's. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

About 6 or 7 years ago I purchased a small non-tool item online from Harbor Freight. They put me on their catalog list. I called and asked to be removed. After 3 months they removed me. After a while I started receiving catalogs again. I called and asked to be removed. They again removed me. I moved. I received catalogs again. I called. I moved again. I received catalogs again. I called. I have never in these 6 or 7 years ordered from Harbor Freight again, but they still send me unwanted and refused catalogs and follow me from address to address. This is harassment. DO NOT ORDER from this COMPANY unless YOU want them to HARASS YOU to FORCE YOU to PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN and AGAIN. And I want to know how they keep getting my new addresses.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

My husband purchased a small engine to put into a rototiller. We purchased it for 134.00 with taxes. Harbor Freight has a 24% restocking fee to return it because we found out the housing for the motor wasn't fixable. So Harbor Freight kept 24.00 of our purchased even though the box had never been opened. I will never shop at harbor freight again!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Let me start by saying I go to Harbor Freight quite often and spend a lot of money on tools and have been for over 3 years now and I am a member of the inside track club. I have never had a complaint about Harbor Freight before today. I drove all the way to Canton GA where they opened a new store and I wanted to check it out which was a 35 min ride from my house but since I was going to spend 300 plus on tools I thought it would be worth the gas and time. I found all the tools I needed and got up to the checkout line and waited in a short line for a good 20 mins. Literally behind only 3 people seemed like no one knew how to do their job.

When it was finally my turn to unload my cart I noticed I was being checked by a supervisor named John. He asked my phone number and I let him scan my membership card. Before he started scanning my items he proceeds to tell me, "Your membership can't be found in our system." Now I paid my one year membership only 43 days ago and I told him that. He says,"Well it must have been longer than that because your membership is inactive" and wanted me to pay for a new one when I just paid for it a month and half ago. I told him, "I know my membership is active. Since you can't find my info and I am buying 300 dollars in tools could you please give me at least a discount?" He laughs and tells me, "If you don't have coupons you will pay full price."

Now I know he could have given me a discount so I got upset and left the store without my items and thought that was not very professional of John to do me that way. I go to the one off Bells Ferry all the time and get a discount all the time when I buy a large amount plus my membership discount. I am very disappointed in you Harbor Freight should really check into your management team over in Canton. Tell them customers like me pays their salary so if you want my return business need to make this right. I would not recommend anyone go to the Canton store because it's the worst customer service I ever experienced in a Harbor Freight in the state of GA.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I ordered a generator early am 9/4, I was told it was shipping out that day, on a holiday, guy was very nice, figured he was working & in his mind it was a regular business day? I called 9/5, I was told it shipped 9/5. I rec'd an email 9/6 from Harbor, that email shows it shipped 9/5 with a FedEx tracking #, I could see no FedEx activity, kept checking, nothing.

Called 9/7 spoke to Erica (she sounded drugged), she said it shipped 9/5, that FedEx is slow to update the info. I said, "pls call FedEx to verify, I really need this for Saturday, we are getting a hurricane." She puts me on hold for awhile comes back on & tells me, "It shipped 9/5 it shows a Saturday delivery date," she'll credit the freight charge, I said I don't care about the credit, I just need the generator. Again, she stated, "It shipped 9/5, you should have it Saturday." I just pulled the tracking, FedEx picked it up from Harbor Freight 9/7 at 4:30pm & today, 9/8 it's in City of Industry, CA... bloody, LIARS. Whats wrong with these people??? I could have ordered this from a different company & had it by now. Deceptive LIARS.

I just called & spoke to AJ (supervisor) I gave him all the details, his response when it arrives refuse it. I said, "We were going to use this for my husbands mom, she is on oxygen, thank god she left the state." "Sorry, we will refund you" & he'll listen to the tapes. I said, "You're liars & it's wrong, I could have ordered this from a different company & rec'd it on time, you lied." We'll refuse it, sorry. BEWARE - This company will lie just to get your sale. The delivery date has now been changed to 9/13. They even sent me an email order confirmation that shows a ship date of 9/5 & it shipped eve of 9/7, that's just wrong. They really screwed us big time, LIARS!!! This is just wrong!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I have never written a report online in my life but I just had to let someone know you should avoid this company at all costs. I have made 3 tool purchases from them and everyone single one has failed in less than three uses. I will NEVER go back to the "Chinese Home Depot" again... NEVER. They got me with the prices... Sure all three items cheaper than the other DIY stores but between the frustration, waste of time, and flat out anger, save yourself the grief and just don't shop there... EVER. In fact, don't even look at it if you drive past one... It is all CRAP!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I ordered some items Wednesday August 30th at 7 a.m. I paid extra for 2 day shipping so I could have the items before the weekend. Tracking says the items will not arrive until Tuesday September 5th. They stole my money for two-day shipping.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Purchased shop fan online with a 15 percent off coupon. The day it was supposed to arrive, tracking showed it was delivered back to California. FedEx said there was damage to the box and that it was sent back to Harbor Freight. Called Harbor, they stated they could refund me or ship out. Needed the fan pronto and told them to refund me and would go pick it up. Asked about my original coupon and rep said I'd have to ask the store. Contacted store to make sure item was in stock. They said the coupon could not be honored. I said thank you (was polite the entire time on the phone), sales lady hung up the phone without saying anything... Just a biblical ending the call. This place needs some major surgery with their customer service.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I bought a 4000 watt Predator Portable Generator in November of 2016 for emergency use. I left it in box until June of 2017 and because of extreme heat lost power so brought it out because it's too hot to be without any cooling and running it during power out and then to supplement house power during hottest part of day. Filled the oil and gas, did the check list, fired over fine for the break in period then started having problems with oil sensor acting up. Called customer service and after 2 hours they had me disconnect sensor. Okay ran no problem for a few more days then started vapor locking with fuel cap on. Okay moved from porch shade to under a tree ran. Better. Then it was time to do the oil change, clean air filter, okay no problem done. Ran 3 days and quit oil blowing out of air filter start it and it does a blat blat cough die.

Okay call tech support, fiddle with this check that replace this all in 115 degree heat and they think the carburetor is bad. I bought this for emergency use. Are they telling me that it cannot last longer than 3 weeks out of the box. I did not buy a extended warranty because I did not expect to need or hopefully have to use the generator. It's very not often I lose power. Maybe once a year and only for a few hours. Power company is really on the ball here. I always keep receipts so pulled it, called them back, carburetor ordered should have to in 10-12 weeks and have to find a small engine repair to have it done out of my pocket. This is worthless to me and hopefully it fixes the problem. Until then I hope no major outages happen because I have a $350+ piece of junk that I can't use taking up room in the shed.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I've bought lots of tools from their deer park store 193 and they keep breaking. I even paid for an extended warranty and it's not in the system. Now I'm out of a 100+$ and on top of that I almost lost an eye. Harbor Freight Tools has terrible products and bad business. Do not shop there. They know their products suck. That's why they are cheap and dangerous. I'm pissed and can't get no one to help me. I want my money back.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Terrible Customer Service, Even Worst Shipping: I placed an order online on 7/6. Today being 7/13 I am thinking to myself that I should have received my order by now. I viewed my order online and it stated it will be arriving next Friday the 21st? Thinking this must be incorrect I called Customer Service and well, yes, this is in fact correct. The order did not ship out until today the 13th and it shipped to FedEx sand FedEx is then shipping it to USPS. Are you kidding me? If it was to be a 10-15 day transit to ship from CA to MD I would have never even ordered it. Very misleading that they do not state this on their website. The Customer Service was pitiful acting complain as if "well, what do you want me to do about it. I can't make it get there faster." I am not one to complain but, this was certainly enough for me to do so.

Harbor Freight Tools Company Information

www.harborfreight.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use