Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.68/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?

Original review: July 17, 2020

I owned a lumberyard and hardware store about 35 years ago. I found I could buy from Harbor Freight at retail cheaper than I could buy wholesale on most items. They have been in my radar ever since. Unmatched prices, but not as many stores as Home Depot and/or Lowes.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Harbor Freight is one of my favorite tool stores for several reasons. First of all the reps are always polite and helpful. Rarely have l had any complaint but whenever l did they have always worked diligently to rectify the problem. I have visited stores all over and the service is always good. Many tell me they don't like the quality of merchandise that is available, but l have found that little, if any difference, can be found and for the price cannot be equaled. I like the complimentary 'free' items Harbor Freight offers to the public and many even do not require any purchase. I highly recommend Harbor Freight to all diy-ers that want a good deal on any tool needed as well as household items for kitchen or garden. For the best bang for your buck, Harbor Freight cannot be beat!

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Love Harbor Freight! Their customer service is great, can always find an employee to help you if you can't find or know about the item. Prices are less expensive than the other tool stores and anything you need, you can find within the store and not have to walk a half a mile to hope it's in the other stores aisle.

Original review: July 9, 2020

If I need a tool or have a project, I always go here first. Especially right n or while money is tight, I can find everything I need for a reasonable price and decent quality. The handheld drill set I use almost once a week I bought from Harbor Freight about 5 years ago and it still Works like new.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Having always found, in my experience HF to meet my needs and budget. Always friendly staff, that are very helpful. Plenty of options from DIY to contractor needs. As a handyman HF helped my business grow. Have been in 3 different store across the country and all meet my challenges.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I am less than pleased with Harbor Freights warranty on hand tools. They say they have a lifetime warranty; however if you buy a set, and 1 tool breaks you have to return the whole set to get it replaced. I bought a set of 5 wrenches. The 1/2 inch broke, so I took it in to get it replaced. No luck unless I go home and get the other 4 wrenches. I have had Craftsmen, Snap on, Kobalt, tools replaced with no issues. I don't see purchasing any more hand tools from Harbor Freight in the future. I can't imagine having to dig through all of my tool boxes to try to find a whole set of screwdrivers to return just 1 broken 1. This is not a good business practice. Poor customer service from one business owner to another...

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I bought a jack stand on Tuesday for $61.98. Wednesday morning I woke up to my bank account having TWO pre-authorizations, of $0.00 and TWO charges of $61.98. Wednesday I called the customer service line. I spoke with a woman who told me that the other charge would just drop off and to give it to the end of the day. On Thursday I called again to say that the charge did not fall off that both pre-authorizations were still there. The second woman flat out lied to me. She said that they always take double the amount, for pre-authorization. When I then asked what the two pre-authorizations were about, she had no clue. She told me that the money would be back in my account in 7 to 10 days.

I did not call on Friday. Saturday morning I woke up to my account having nothing pending anymore. And to no shock to me, both $61.98 charges had been taken from my account. I'm absolutely disgusted by the customer service I have received over the last week. As someone who is living in their first home I planned on buying a lot of tools for home repairs. If they don't have it in the store I will never purchase from this company again. I'm absolutely appalled by the way everyone lied.

The second woman simply just kept telling me I don't know ma'am that's how the online retail works. They pre-authorized for double the amount when I said where can I see this in the agreement I did not agree to this. She had no answers. It seems like they are trained to just say whatever to prolong it so that your bank then has to dispute it. I am also going to better business bureau and Tuesday will be calling to speak to management to find out what they want to do for the hassle that they have put me through

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

These guys waited almost 2 months just to tell me that they didn't have the rock tumbler I ordered and paid for, and then refused to refund my money. When I finally got my money back through a dispute with my great bank they charged the card again just to be vindictive. They then lied and said it was sent out already. Please do your self favor, order elsewhere or just go to the hardware or hobby store. Crap company, and just look at their shipping charges, gouge gouge gouge!!!!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I had made a order 2+ weeks ago. I did call the day after asked to cancel the order. They told me it was on its way but I have not received a tracking number and when I check their website it shows still processing and has not ben shipped so then when I try and cancel and they told me it was too late due to being already shipped was a lie. I called a few times to see where it was. They say it's in the mail but I check on their website says being processed. Their excuse was all due to COVID so it was FedEx the issue but then I have ordered several items and FedEx deliver well from this place. Buyer beware if you needing something go do not order online from them EVER!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

I purchased a new generator. I used it twice maybe 20 hours then it won’t run. They won’t fix it. They tell me it only has a 90 day warranty. They don’t tell you it only has a 90 day warranty. They hide that part in the back of the book. This is the first time I’ve tried to use their warranty. That’s how they screw you. I’ve spent thousands of dollars in that store but they will never get another one. BEWARE. THEY DON'T BACK UP WHAT THEY SELL!!

Harbor Freight Tools Company Information