1.40/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Harbor Freight Tools

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 15, 2017

172 Harbor Freight Tools Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Returned a manufactures defective product and was charged a 20% restocking fee. So, Harbor Freight must put defective items back on their shelves and sell them again. Seems to me this is a consumer scam, wouldn't you say? But that's not all! I purchase the product with my DEBIT CARD and they would not give my cash back! They would only issue their GIFT CARD as my refund! Seems to me this is another consumer scam. So, with this in mind and considering I'm posting this on CONSUMER AFFAIRS WEBSITE. What can or will CONSUMER AFFAIRS or any other Buyer Protection Agency Do About This?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I bought a Portland power washer online from Harbor Freight Tools. I received what looked like a returned and re-packaged item. I tried it out and there was no pressure. I went to return it to a local Harbor Freight store. They said, because this is an item people rent, they will charge a 20% restocking fee. They had no interest in the fact that the item did not work. I feel Harbor Freight sells poor quality and/or defective products and then charges a 20% restocking fee, knowing that a customer might return the item.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I ordered $9 worth of crap and paid $11 for 2-day shipping. Order completed online on a Wednesday. Order filled and shipped on Thursday but guess what? THEY DON'T DELIVER on WEEKENDS. I called them and they said "That was business days" and "That's FedEx's call". Um, whatever. FedEx works for you and I GUARANTEE they deliver on Saturdays. Even the POST OFFICE delivers on Saturday. UPS Delivers on SUNDAY. So paying $20 for $9 worth of crap for 2-day shipping and it's going to take 5 days for me to get my stuff. What a load of crap. No wonder everyone orders from Amazon. At LEAST Harbor Freight had what I wanted, so that's why I gave it 2 stars instead of 1.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

On 10-3-10 I went to Harbor Freight and purchased their 21 gal. air compressor. At checkout they told me if it is defective and I returned it there would be a $40.00 restocking fee. I said that don't sound right, clerk said "that is our policy!" I purchased the ex-warranty, the clerk told me, "Just before the warranty is up bring it back and exchange it for a new one." I live in Oregon and purchased it in WA "tax exempt." The clerk screwed that up and had to get the manager. Manager fixed it, however there was no total purchased price on the receipt. I ask for a copy with the total, manager had to come back. I told him I need to have a receipt with a total.

He said, "Our computer system won't do that." (RIGHT) He then said, "Just add it up yourself and write it on the receipt." I said "I have never heard of this before," manager said, "I can get you a receipt with a total but you will have to pay tax." Looking at the staff I analyzed them and said to myself (no to savvy) I told them I would take care of it. Beware of Harbor Freight. They have hidden charges, like text coupons that cost you money per text, restocking fees on returned defective product, discounts that don't apply but leads you to believe it does, be very selective in what you buy, (it won't last).

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Harbor Freight Store: Jefferson City, MO 65109. Incident: 9/23/2017. The store has been in Jefferson City for some time and I had never check it out. On 9/23/2017, I made my very first visit to store. I knew nothing about the store or it inner working or policies. I found about $35.00. 3 items had which I thought were on "sale". I went to check out and I could not see the register’s display because it was facing the clerk and not easily visible to customers (I now know why). I was putting the merchandise on my master charge card. When I inserted the card the display showed “approved”. I removed the card and the signature block appeared. When I signed and entered done, the computer “froze” and nothing would work. The clear tried to clear and nothing would happen. The manager approached and he had to reboot the computer. My transaction did not re-appear.

When this was happening, I looked at the register display and show the merchandise was at regular prices. I asked why and the clerk asked what color was the sale tag. I thought that was strange but I told her orange. She said “o that is a in store something." I asked the manager and he was not interested and at this I requested to refund or cancel my purchase. I did not want anything. The manager was very uninterested and appeared not to care. He never answered but said “wait 2-3 days and see if the charge hits your card. If it did, just come back and I will take care of it." I ask how he would take care of it when I have no proof. This manager was a real “deal”. I told him if this is how he treats customers on their very first visit, I could imagine how he would treat them if they had a warranty problem or another in-store problem.

The manager did not respond as if he could care less. He motioned with an expression of “I don’t give a **” attitude (pardon my language but this word describes the type of attitude). This manager could have handled this easily by giving me the sale prices and then telling me the store policy was and how I could get the sale prices in the future but no, I just made a substantial enemy of me when it comes to Harbor Freight. I will go out of my way to discourage anyone I meet to even visiting the store much less buying anything. Before I wrote this note, I have already send out a lot of negatives on your store. I will continue to copy and paste this review into any retail customer review sites that I can find and also to the city chamber of commerce of which I have a strong standing. I think you can tell I am furious and if it is on my card, know I got to go back into the store and talk to this “idiot”.

Follow-Up: 9/30/2017, the cancelled purchase was posted to my credit card on 9/27/2017. On 9/30/2017, I contacted an assistant manager (Kyle) by phone. He advised the store manager was not on duty today. He took my information and advised he would contact the accounting office and see if they would make an adjustment. However, I told him about how the store manager could have avoided this by giving me the sale prices but there was no response from Mr. Kyle. Still not much improvement in CUSTOMER NO SERVICE from this company. I have not received anything from this company at this point. If I do, I would update this review. There was no receipt from this purchase because the computer system crashed and there was no way to get a receipt. However, I have a print document from the credit card showing the purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Bought a Portland electric powerwasher for $100. Brought it home, assembled it and used it for 5 to 6 minutes when it stopped working. Read and tried all troubleshooting solutions in manual and all failed. Next morning returned it with receipt. They asked if I wanted a replacement or my money back. I said cash. Asked if I had purchased extended warranty. I said no. They charged me a 20% restocking fee. I complained. Response "company policy" was not explained to me in advance since Home Depot, Lowe's, always returned 100% for defective merchandise. I will never buy another product from this company and will sound as many alarms as possible for other consumers to avoid this company. By the looks of their ratings, I am not alone.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

My brother lives in St Croix which was recently ravaged by Hurricane Maria. They have no electricity and the power will be out for possibly months all over the island. I bought two generators at Harbor Freight and directed them to ship the items to Miami to the company VI Cargo who would then get them to my brother in St Croix. Harbor Freight canceled my orders and stated that due to a recent business policy change they do not ship to forward carriers and they were sorry for the inconvenience.

I am stunned as I was paying Harbor Freight almost $97.00 per generator to have them shipped to Miami where the people there would sign for them and then forward them on to St Croix yet Harbor Freight refuses to ship them. I pleaded with them to please tell me what I could do to get the generators out and they ignored my email. Anyone wanting to help the people in the Caribbean needs to be aware of Harbor Freights policy and their apparent refusal to bend on it no matter how dire the situation is down there. I tried twice to order and they cancelled my orders both times because I needed to use a forward carrier to the US VI's. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

About 6 or 7 years ago I purchased a small non-tool item online from Harbor Freight. They put me on their catalog list. I called and asked to be removed. After 3 months they removed me. After a while I started receiving catalogs again. I called and asked to be removed. They again removed me. I moved. I received catalogs again. I called. I moved again. I received catalogs again. I called. I have never in these 6 or 7 years ordered from Harbor Freight again, but they still send me unwanted and refused catalogs and follow me from address to address. This is harassment. DO NOT ORDER from this COMPANY unless YOU want them to HARASS YOU to FORCE YOU to PURCHASE FROM THEM AGAIN and AGAIN. And I want to know how they keep getting my new addresses.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

My husband purchased a small engine to put into a rototiller. We purchased it for 134.00 with taxes. Harbor Freight has a 24% restocking fee to return it because we found out the housing for the motor wasn't fixable. So Harbor Freight kept 24.00 of our purchased even though the box had never been opened. I will never shop at harbor freight again!!!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Let me start by saying I go to Harbor Freight quite often and spend a lot of money on tools and have been for over 3 years now and I am a member of the inside track club. I have never had a complaint about Harbor Freight before today. I drove all the way to Canton GA where they opened a new store and I wanted to check it out which was a 35 min ride from my house but since I was going to spend 300 plus on tools I thought it would be worth the gas and time. I found all the tools I needed and got up to the checkout line and waited in a short line for a good 20 mins. Literally behind only 3 people seemed like no one knew how to do their job.

When it was finally my turn to unload my cart I noticed I was being checked by a supervisor named John. He asked my phone number and I let him scan my membership card. Before he started scanning my items he proceeds to tell me, "Your membership can't be found in our system." Now I paid my one year membership only 43 days ago and I told him that. He says,"Well it must have been longer than that because your membership is inactive" and wanted me to pay for a new one when I just paid for it a month and half ago. I told him, "I know my membership is active. Since you can't find my info and I am buying 300 dollars in tools could you please give me at least a discount?" He laughs and tells me, "If you don't have coupons you will pay full price."

Now I know he could have given me a discount so I got upset and left the store without my items and thought that was not very professional of John to do me that way. I go to the one off Bells Ferry all the time and get a discount all the time when I buy a large amount plus my membership discount. I am very disappointed in you Harbor Freight should really check into your management team over in Canton. Tell them customers like me pays their salary so if you want my return business need to make this right. I would not recommend anyone go to the Canton store because it's the worst customer service I ever experienced in a Harbor Freight in the state of GA.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I ordered a generator early am 9/4, I was told it was shipping out that day, on a holiday, guy was very nice, figured he was working & in his mind it was a regular business day? I called 9/5, I was told it shipped 9/5. I rec'd an email 9/6 from Harbor, that email shows it shipped 9/5 with a FedEx tracking #, I could see no FedEx activity, kept checking, nothing.

Called 9/7 spoke to Erica (she sounded drugged), she said it shipped 9/5, that FedEx is slow to update the info. I said, "pls call FedEx to verify, I really need this for Saturday, we are getting a hurricane." She puts me on hold for awhile comes back on & tells me, "It shipped 9/5 it shows a Saturday delivery date," she'll credit the freight charge, I said I don't care about the credit, I just need the generator. Again, she stated, "It shipped 9/5, you should have it Saturday." I just pulled the tracking, FedEx picked it up from Harbor Freight 9/7 at 4:30pm & today, 9/8 it's in City of Industry, CA... bloody, LIARS. Whats wrong with these people??? I could have ordered this from a different company & had it by now. Deceptive LIARS.

I just called & spoke to AJ (supervisor) I gave him all the details, his response when it arrives refuse it. I said, "We were going to use this for my husbands mom, she is on oxygen, thank god she left the state." "Sorry, we will refund you" & he'll listen to the tapes. I said, "You're liars & it's wrong, I could have ordered this from a different company & rec'd it on time, you lied." We'll refuse it, sorry. BEWARE - This company will lie just to get your sale. The delivery date has now been changed to 9/13. They even sent me an email order confirmation that shows a ship date of 9/5 & it shipped eve of 9/7, that's just wrong. They really screwed us big time, LIARS!!! This is just wrong!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I have never written a report online in my life but I just had to let someone know you should avoid this company at all costs. I have made 3 tool purchases from them and everyone single one has failed in less than three uses. I will NEVER go back to the "Chinese Home Depot" again... NEVER. They got me with the prices... Sure all three items cheaper than the other DIY stores but between the frustration, waste of time, and flat out anger, save yourself the grief and just don't shop there... EVER. In fact, don't even look at it if you drive past one... It is all CRAP!

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I ordered some items Wednesday August 30th at 7 a.m. I paid extra for 2 day shipping so I could have the items before the weekend. Tracking says the items will not arrive until Tuesday September 5th. They stole my money for two-day shipping.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

Purchased shop fan online with a 15 percent off coupon. The day it was supposed to arrive, tracking showed it was delivered back to California. FedEx said there was damage to the box and that it was sent back to Harbor Freight. Called Harbor, they stated they could refund me or ship out. Needed the fan pronto and told them to refund me and would go pick it up. Asked about my original coupon and rep said I'd have to ask the store. Contacted store to make sure item was in stock. They said the coupon could not be honored. I said thank you (was polite the entire time on the phone), sales lady hung up the phone without saying anything... Just a biblical ending the call. This place needs some major surgery with their customer service.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I bought a 4000 watt Predator Portable Generator in November of 2016 for emergency use. I left it in box until June of 2017 and because of extreme heat lost power so brought it out because it's too hot to be without any cooling and running it during power out and then to supplement house power during hottest part of day. Filled the oil and gas, did the check list, fired over fine for the break in period then started having problems with oil sensor acting up. Called customer service and after 2 hours they had me disconnect sensor. Okay ran no problem for a few more days then started vapor locking with fuel cap on. Okay moved from porch shade to under a tree ran. Better. Then it was time to do the oil change, clean air filter, okay no problem done. Ran 3 days and quit oil blowing out of air filter start it and it does a blat blat cough die.

Okay call tech support, fiddle with this check that replace this all in 115 degree heat and they think the carburetor is bad. I bought this for emergency use. Are they telling me that it cannot last longer than 3 weeks out of the box. I did not buy a extended warranty because I did not expect to need or hopefully have to use the generator. It's very not often I lose power. Maybe once a year and only for a few hours. Power company is really on the ball here. I always keep receipts so pulled it, called them back, carburetor ordered should have to in 10-12 weeks and have to find a small engine repair to have it done out of my pocket. This is worthless to me and hopefully it fixes the problem. Until then I hope no major outages happen because I have a $350+ piece of junk that I can't use taking up room in the shed.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I've bought lots of tools from their deer park store 193 and they keep breaking. I even paid for an extended warranty and it's not in the system. Now I'm out of a 100+$ and on top of that I almost lost an eye. Harbor Freight Tools has terrible products and bad business. Do not shop there. They know their products suck. That's why they are cheap and dangerous. I'm pissed and can't get no one to help me. I want my money back.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Terrible Customer Service, Even Worst Shipping: I placed an order online on 7/6. Today being 7/13 I am thinking to myself that I should have received my order by now. I viewed my order online and it stated it will be arriving next Friday the 21st? Thinking this must be incorrect I called Customer Service and well, yes, this is in fact correct. The order did not ship out until today the 13th and it shipped to FedEx sand FedEx is then shipping it to USPS. Are you kidding me? If it was to be a 10-15 day transit to ship from CA to MD I would have never even ordered it. Very misleading that they do not state this on their website. The Customer Service was pitiful acting complain as if "well, what do you want me to do about it. I can't make it get there faster." I am not one to complain but, this was certainly enough for me to do so.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Folks; we live in a world where we ALL are "predators" looking to get the "best" of one another; be it a store or garage sale. For Example: Harbor Freight folks can (accidentally?) add a non-existing "screw" to your purchase by simply reversing a couple of the numbers on an existing item#??? Aggravated checkers; everywhere; can exact a "revenge"??? I find it especially ironic that Harbor Freight labels this "revenge": "Screw"??? However; BEFORE any of us start pointing fingers; we must admit that, if we were among the many "abused" personnel in any establishment; we would get MUCH needed relief using the "Screw", as needed??? ALWAYS check your receipts and, above ALL; Love one another, and yourself, by being Merciful <3 <3!??? PS: And try not to get "screwed!"

Original review: July 8, 2017

I have had nothing but good experiences at Harbor Freight. Everything works as it should, and exceeds my expectations. I bought the 2500 psi gas pressure washer two years ago, and it outperforms others that cost twice what it did. I've returned a couple of things no questions asked. I also believe that your attitude determines how well your experiences are at places. If you act like an idiot, you probably will be treated as such.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I ordered a one person brake bleeding item online on July 4th around 4:20 pm and paid extra for two day shipping. I know the 4th was a holiday so I figured I would receive it on Thursday or Friday (at the latest) but when I didn't receive it today (Thursday 2nd day ) I called customer service and spoke with incompetent person. As we talked she gave me some BS that it took a day to process it then it would shipped out and I would receive it on Monday or Tuesday of next week and I told her that if it was processed on Wednesday the 5th that 2 days after that would be Friday the 7th. I guess she can't count past two. I asked her why did I pay for second day shipping if it was going to take 6-7 days, what a rip off and a joke.

I was advised by her that when I paid for the item it told me that (NOT) and to receive it in two days they would have to send it by air, well that's what I thought I paid extra for but not according to her. When I have purchased other items online from them and only pay regular shipping charges I usually receive the item in 4-5 days. But when you pay extra $$$ for 2nd day shipping it takes 6-7 days. WHAT A RIP OFF because I needed it now not next week. I ordered car parts from California last Friday and shipped to Maryland and received them today (Thursday) over the 4th of July holiday (6 days and 3000 miles) and harbor freight can't even ship something from South Carolina to Maryland (approx 500 miles) in 2-3 days when you pay extra for it.

She told me that when I receive it I could send it back or take it to a store for a refund. Well guess what, I'm not going to sit here all day waiting for UPS or drive 50 miles to a store. I just called the credit card company to stop payment. If they leave the package here it will sit out front until they send UPS back out to pick it up. I'M TIRED OF THE BIG COMPANIES RIPPING THE LITTLE PERSON OFF AND I'M DONE WITH THEM. I'll pay extra to get it somewhere else before I go back there.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Today I went to Harbor Freight. Went to counter, showed lady coupon for free meter. She said "Go get meter" and then I got back she said, "Read me number off phone." I said, "Here it is." She said, "I don't read phones." So then I said, "How was I going to my 20% if she can't see it on the phone." I told her I was going to call corporate. That's no way to act. Hope she has a better day, the manager walked out to my car and asked what was my problem and told him I thought cashier was not very pleasant. He gave me the finger. I droved off, email Harbor Freight like I said I would. This matter not over. I think when he came to my car and gave me the finger he threaten me, hope Harbor Freight see cameras before he delete them.

Original review: June 19, 2017

My gf picks things up for me so I have not been in person yet but I am GOING now. I had her buy a miter saw a few days ago & just opened it & it has been used, covered in grease, and dust. It has dings on it as well. I know this is going to be a battle with them, because I purchased a pressure washer (electric) since I live in the city & do not want anything gasoline in my house. The pressure washer put out WAY less PSI than just my garden hose. So I bought it to pay for it to reduce the pressure & cost me electricity??? I had a feeling it was just a cheap piece of crap & when I checked the reviews everyone had my same complaints. My gf returned it & explained why & they demeaned her & would only issue a store credit. Home Depot is not much more expensive & their stuff WORKS!!! & has warranties!!! I HATE THIS ENTIRE FRANCHISE & hope they are shut down.

Original review: June 18, 2017

I have bought items from them before. They have been very unreliable. They are dollar store of tool retailer. They sell lots of junk and now couple times I try to return have giving me hard time. Last one simply refused to return so I got upset and wanted to talk to manager. Wow what a manager with no knowledge on product, to show off front of his female employees, bully stand in my face, practically pushed me toward door with his chest his solution, handed me a 1800 number. I will never go back. They are taking advantage of poor people. Disgusting company.

Original review: June 15, 2017

8:00am, I went to buy a 29 gallon compressor model # 61489 at Easton Pa store. I came home, fill up and was broken. I called the store, bring it back, money back, I called also stores near me, Quakertown PA and Allentown PA. They say don't have in stock. Around 12 pm I returned the compressor and I ask the cashier if other store near have one, she called Quakertown. They have one. I went, driving 20 miles. I asked the cashier and she was mad, she say "nobody call me from any store. Only one customer in the morning and I tell him we don't have it in stock." (That was me.) We started arguing until finally she ask another cashier and the other cashier say "yes we have one in the back". I looked now it's about 4;00pm. I drove one hour to my house, 700pm I opened the new compressor and was an old model # 62765 and have couple scratches, I fill up and tank pressure gauge it's bent inside and don't work. VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Sure, inexpensive, cheap, mostly disposable tools that will last hopefully long enough for you to get a minimal ROI. But WOW. The single WORST customer service experience EVER, in the history of the world!!! And the worst systems - online and internal - ever designed. It's like they know they are so bad they are not even trying anymore.

I bought a water pump from them. I used it for 3 hours and it failed miserably, the 4 bolts holding the impeller housing to the engine housing coming undone simultaneously, 3 of which lodged between the impeller and the housing, stopping the impeller so violently that it bent the impeller, the impeller housing, and the engine screamed, stopped, and water started spraying everywhere. Okay, not good, but still under the 90 day warranty by like 89 days, so a salvageable situation. But even if it had failed beyond the 90 days I had purchased a 2 year extended warranty so all was good (aside from the pump committing Harakiri). So I called the pumps service number and I was given the choice of my money back or a new pump, choosing the pump since I still needed one.

The pump arrived, but I also received a gift card for Harbor Freight. I had no idea what it was for so called them. I was told I could use it to buy stuff or repurchase my extended warranty. I asked why I would need to repurchase the warranty since it hadn't even started yet and they should be able to transfer the warranty to the replacement pump, but apparently their systems suck so badly they can't do that. So I called the number they gave me to repurchase the extended warranty with the gift card. That's when my hatred of HF began.

They told me at that number they couldn't sell me a warranty, so I asked them who could. They transferred me to warranty services, a 3rd party company not a part of HF. They told me I didn't need to buy a warranty because I already had one. Great. Easy. So I called pump warranty services to tell them I still had a warranty, and they said no, I didn't, and I would have to buy one. So they transferred me to the purchasing department, who then told me they couldn't sell me a warranty and transferred me to the department that could, who turned out to the warranty services, who said I had a warranty and transferred me to pump services again, and back and forth all day for 6 straight hours between these 3 departments, all passing the buck in a cyclical obscenity.

A monkey could have told me if I did or did not have a warranty, but these people are all clueless idiots. I finally got so pissed off I was screaming at people over the phone "DO I OR DO I NOT HAVE A ** WARRANTY?!?" Different answers from everyone. So I hung up and called the store I purchased it from. They told me I did have a warranty. I was finally so fed up I asked if I could just return the stupid thing to the store where I bought it and get my money back, which is 60 miles away from my podunk town, and I was told they would.

So I began my 3 hour round trip (single lane winding roads filled with old people and RV's), only to find when I got to the store that they can't take pump returns in the store, even if it had never been opened, which it hadn't - still completely boxed. OMFG!!! But they told me THEY - their store - would honor my warranty no matter what anyone else in the company told me. I am surprised I didn't lose it and wind up in jail that day! Instead I left before I did anything stupid, drove home, found the corporate number for HF, called them and told them calmly to sort their ** out and get back to me with the answer.

Two days later someone from corporate called. I told them exactly how insane and ridiculous the whole situation was just to find out if I had a warranty or not and why on earth did everyone have a different answer, which clearly is an internal communication problem. And they apologized profusely, told me they were going to use my gift card number to buy a new extended warranty, and the company would sit down and get their act together, and for my pain they would send me a gift card. Nowhere close to enough to absolve them of my wasted time and the emotional abuse of the whole situation, but at that point I was happy to have any solution. I received an email the next day from them telling me they were mailing me a copy of my new warranty and the gift card. As far as I was concerned, all was resolved and I went on with my life.

Two weeks later, still no letter, no gift card, no warranty. So I called and asked where these things were, and they assured me they were on the way. Three days later I did receive the gift card, but no copy of my warranty. And still to this day, 2 months later, no warranty paperwork has arrived and I still have no idea if I have an extended warranty that I paid for or not. We'll see if the store keeps their word about honoring the warranty...

Anyway... So I don't want to have anything to do with HF any longer, but I have this gift card and I want to be done with them, so I make the 3 hour round trip last week to go to the store and buy something I need. When I get there they have none in stock. Okay, annoying, but I can order online, so I make the best of my trip to the big city and order online the next day. And irritation begins anew.

So I place the order, go to the checkout page, enter my gift card numbers, but it won't let me continue until I put in a credit card number too. Why? My gift card is more than enough to cover the purchase. So I call their customer service number and ask why. The basics of that answer were "Because". Swell. So I put in my CC card and place the order, expecting I will be told the gift card was used and I wasn't charged, but no. It just says the order was placed at X dollars. So, that is annoying as ** because on the back of the gift card it states that if used online it will tell me the gift card was used and how much is remaining on the card, if any. But that didn't happen, at all. Not even the order confirmation e-mail says if the gift card was used or not. Fine. Whatever.

IF my card gets charged I will go on the rampage with HF, again, waste my time and my life and my mental well being to try to get them to pull their heads out of their backsides. So I wait and watch. Finally, 3 days later, it says the order was placed, and my credit card wasn't used so apparently the gift card was, so that's great (even though it still doesn't tell me what's remaining on the card, even though I know how much, it's supposed to tell me how much according to THEIR OWN WORDS).

Anyway, the next day I check the order status. It shows that 2 of the 3 things I ordered were shipped, but the large item, which I needed more than the other 2, was not. I wait another 2 days, same thing. I need that item by the end of the week, so I call the store and ask if they got in a shipment of the item, and they did so I have them set one aside and prepare for my 3 hour trip to pick it up. But first, I need to cancel the online order of that item. I call their number, choose the option to check on an existing number, and the automated system tells me that item is on back order. I choose to speak with a customer service rep to cancel that item, and they tell me it has already shipped. I ask them how that's possible since their automated system says back ordered and the site page of my order that I'm looking at says that item hasn't shipped yet, and checking the tracking number shows that a label was created and nothing else happened.

They tell me everything shipped and are getting annoyed with me, but I don't care, I'm getting an answer, a CORRECT answer. I tell them to prove it, because their own systems, 2 different of their own systems, say it hasn't shipped and is on back order. They give me a tracking number. That tracking number is ENTIRELY different than the one associated with my order, and checking their tracking number says it left 3 days ago. WTF??? I guess I'll see what was shipped when it gets here. But I don't trust anything anyone there says, ever, so I'm still making my 3-hour trek to get the part myself and will deal with the online ordered item IF it arrives.

The point of my story is: These people are idiots. Not single employee knows what the ** they are talking about, everyone has a different answer, even their systems are not integrated enough to get the same answer from each system to the next. The single most HORRIBLE company and WORST customer service in the history of the world, EVER! MORONS ALL!!! They are not remotely worth the inexpensiveness of their cheap crud. Not in the slightest. Do yourself a favor and only buy small items under $20 so you don't care when it breaks and you don't have to deal with their customer service people or any of their systems other than the cash register that will get you out of their store as quickly as possible. Either that, or just stop buying from them so they fold and go under and disappear from the world and bring us all one more step closer to sanity.

Original review: May 17, 2017

I like Harbor Freight Tools, and while their tools are not top quality, they are usually good value for the money. My problem is with their customer service related to the Inside Track Club. I renewed my membership last November, but for some reason, they did not start sending me the monthly sale catalog, and also did not send weekly Inside Track Club special emails. After about one month, I contacted them through their website, but got only a cryptic reply. I called their customer service number and explained the problem, and the person that I talked to assured me that they would look into it, and also agreed to send me a copy of the monthly flyer, which I received about a week later, hand addressed.

When I still wasn't getting the sale flyer the next month, I contacted them again, and they again said that they would look into it and they mailed me a flyer, addressed by hand. After I still got no machine addressed sale flyer or sale notice emails the next month, I contacted them again using the online form, and also sent a letter by US mail to the president, Eric Smidt. I never got a reply from him. I still am not getting any emails or catalogs, except for those addressed by hand and sent when I complain. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard to get it right.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I went to the Harbor Freight in Salem N.H. to buy a side cabinet toolbox (#68785) on a Saturday. The place was a zoo to begin with. I went to the display and took the tag then went to the cashier to pay for it. After waiting quite some time in line I gave the cashier the tag and he rang the numbers thru the register, then he did it again, at this time he called someone over to talk to him. He came back to me and said, "We are all out of this item." I asked, "When are you getting more in?" He didn't know. Ok, so I asked to buy the display, he said no. I said, "You would rather not have a sale so you can display a product you don't have and don't know when you are getting another?" He said, "A truck is coming in on Monday", so I called on Monday, no toolbox. Then I called 2 other stores in my area, only at the second store did someone offer to look it up on the computer to see which store had one, nobody in the area did.

So I called Harbor Freight and ordered one, they took my information, (credit card, address, email) and said within 2 days I should hear that they shipped it. Not being notified I called them on Thursday, "Sorry it's on back order" was the reply. I said, "It wasn't on backorder when I ordered it or someone should have said something then. When did you plan to tell me this?" I canceled the order.

Original review: May 3, 2017

The policy of Harbor Freight is on the back of the receipt. It states that it will refund purchases in the original tender. However, I could not get a refund on ramps which I returned unused, because they were too steep for my vehicle. Instead they gave me a gift card of equivalent value. I have no use for this. I spoke to a supervisor and store manager and was told that was all he could do. The box was in a resaleable condition. This company does not honor its stated policies, which I plan to report to the state Attorney General.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I just read the class action lawsuit brought against Harbor Freight. Notice the 10 million dollar settlement the lawyers are asking for? Follow the money. I would like to meet all the poor souls that were harmed when they bought their item on sale and were harmed in any way. This is the kind of BS the new Administration is trying to get out of their way. Their revenues can be better spent providing jobs for lower to middle-income families. That is what will make America great again. Not lawyers.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I purchased a boat trailer through Harbor Freight online. I have contacted them at least 9 times attempting to receive the documents needed to register the trailer with the DMV. They have yet to send me the documents knowing fully that I only have 30 days to register the trailer. The average wait time on each call is 47 minutes; if you happen to get a live person, they cannot help; if you call the return #, they cannot help; the trailers email address provided does not respond; DO NOT PURCHASE from this company. They have NO customer service.

Harbor Freight Tools Company Information