Find a Home Supplies and Tools partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?

Original review: July 17, 2020

I owned a lumberyard and hardware store about 35 years ago. I found I could buy from Harbor Freight at retail cheaper than I could buy wholesale on most items. They have been in my radar ever since. Unmatched prices, but not as many stores as Home Depot and/or Lowes.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Harbor Freight is one of my favorite tool stores for several reasons. First of all the reps are always polite and helpful. Rarely have l had any complaint but whenever l did they have always worked diligently to rectify the problem. I have visited stores all over and the service is always good. Many tell me they don't like the quality of merchandise that is available, but l have found that little, if any difference, can be found and for the price cannot be equaled. I like the complimentary 'free' items Harbor Freight offers to the public and many even do not require any purchase. I highly recommend Harbor Freight to all diy-ers that want a good deal on any tool needed as well as household items for kitchen or garden. For the best bang for your buck, Harbor Freight cannot be beat!

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Love Harbor Freight! Their customer service is great, can always find an employee to help you if you can't find or know about the item. Prices are less expensive than the other tool stores and anything you need, you can find within the store and not have to walk a half a mile to hope it's in the other stores aisle.

Original review: July 9, 2020

If I need a tool or have a project, I always go here first. Especially right n or while money is tight, I can find everything I need for a reasonable price and decent quality. The handheld drill set I use almost once a week I bought from Harbor Freight about 5 years ago and it still Works like new.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Having always found, in my experience HF to meet my needs and budget. Always friendly staff, that are very helpful. Plenty of options from DIY to contractor needs. As a handyman HF helped my business grow. Have been in 3 different store across the country and all meet my challenges.

Original review: June 12, 2021

Advertised 20% coupon but failed to specify only certain items were eligible for this. Wanted to buy a 850 dollar predator generator but it was not eligible. Only Harbor freight brand was eligible. Need to let people know ahead of time. Will not be shopping there in the future. I will indeed let it be known to friends about my experience.

Original review: May 19, 2021

They make returns difficult, tools are substandard in many cases. Got told not to come back when I questioned a return policy on an item that was broken from the box. The cashier was belligerent and when I called for a manager the manager was worse. After nearly ten minutes they revealed to secret to getting a return. Something that could have been done in the first ten seconds. Personally I am boycotting their stores.

Original review: May 15, 2021

My wife brought the gun nail for me for gift 220$ but I don’t like it. Next day I go Harbor Freight for return. They charge 20% for restocking fee.... I lost 40$ for the stupid thing from Harbor Freight. I recommend for everyone don’t come Harbor Freight. Come Home Depot or Lowe’s better.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Without HFT 20% coupons which were good for most items in the store, many people, including myself, can purchase tools & many other items that HFT sells, cheaper at stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Northern Tools, Granger supply, etc. Also, if you are a Veteran, you can get 10 to 20 % discounts at these stores that HFT DOES NOT give to Veterans!!!

Original review: May 2, 2021

If HF cared about their customers they would understand that customers count on the information that HF provides on their website. All too often their website says they have a tool in stock only to drive 30 minutes to their store to find out they have NONE. In this case the Tigard, OR store said they had "limited Stock" for a particular 3-ton low profile floor jack. We're not talking about a screwdriver here... Just in case before making the drive I called and had them check. They had NONE. So I checked their Beaverton store and their site said "In Stock"... It didn't say limited inventory mind you, it said IN STOCK. So I made the 20 minute drive to that store and they had NONE in stock. Are you kidding? It just proves they have absolutely no concern for their customers and the fact our lives are busy. We would appreciate honesty and accuracy. I'll start shopping elsewhere.

Harbor Freight Tools Company Information