Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Great availability on just about any kind of tool you can think of. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The tools they sell are probably better suited for people that will only use tools occasionally and not for professionals that depend on tools for everyday use. Prices are very good, and the selection is great. I would have normally given a better review, but the amount of time it takes to get through the checkout line is pathetically slow. They rarely, if ever, have all of the registers open and the fact they have to look up ads, enter your phone number, etc... is something they need to fix. This is the only complaint that I have about the store. THE LENGTHY AND UNNECESSARY WAIT IN THE CHECKOUT LINE IS RIDICULOUS AND PREVENTABLE.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

ON 2-6-20 called the Redding, California store verifying item and price then made the two hour drive. The item was there but at 100.00 more above quote and add .. He said I could get the coupon with my smart phone. I do not have a smart phone. "Hearing issues". So disappointed. I went to my truck and called around then I went across town and bought my winch from TRACTOR SUPPLY. Very friendly there.

Get expert buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

Bought the tool cart with chrome handles. It lasted a year when the chrome started peeling off the handles. The peeled chrome presents itself as razor sharp pieces still attached to the handles causing deep lacerations to your hand. I notified Harbor Freight consumer affairs who referred my notification to recalls. That was 2 weeks ago and have not heard of any action from HF. I have sent a followup note with no response.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

Harbor Freight sells cheap Chinese import tools. They run sale coupons in almost every media publication, online and newspapers. Be sure to read the fine print. In the exclusions they list every "brand name" that they carry. The only thing the coupons are good for are the no name, cheaply made, (cheaper than normal), Chinese junk.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Ordered and waited, and waited. Received but couldn't use it last fall or since bc of illness. I am a 72 single female homeowner. It came in a box with no manual or paperwork. I contacted HF and they sent one out, but bc of my illness I never looked at it until today. Turns out there is no chain or blade! Called, on hold, got to talk briefly then disconnected while holding. Called back. Nothing they can do except offer a $10 certificate! It’s never been used, bc it cant be without a blade! I originally thought when I looked at it that the blade somehow came out when turned on. Over 90 days, my loss. I declined the $10 bc I will never do business with them again! Should have read reviews before I shopped, but I really need a pole saw!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I got a coupon book in the mail that showed items on sale for two days only 12/31/19 thru 1/1/20. I call it at best a very misleading ad and coupon there were items shown that could not be purchased with the 25% off coupon. I had driven 25 miles to the nearest store just to be told to read the fine print, (I'm 72 and can't see very well), if it's not on sale why put the picture there. I know what they did was probably legal but very unethical. I have been very pleased with Harbor Freight in the past but this is NOT GOOD BUSINESS.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Ordered a $1,200 tool roller cabinet for my husband, - one would agree - an amazing amazing Xmas gift. After taking a century to arrive, the cabinet finally made it to us just in time for the holiday. But alas, it was banged up and damaged. The driver took it away and I’ve been checking in ever since to see when a replacement will be arriving. Lo and behold today I’m told, in a fairly disinterested voice, that once HF receive the original cabinet, an automatic refund will be issued. I’m advised to keep on checking in, as I will not be notified of the return having been processed. So, then, I’ll have to place another order. Wait. I give HF $1,200 and I get, what exactly in customer service help in return? Nothing? Oh, well. Goes to show where I should NOT shop. No help, no bedside manner, nothing. This company better start investing in customer service rep training soon.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I not long ago got a 3 gallon pancake compressor from the Harbor Freight on Kingston Pike Knoxville Tn and wanted to return it. I was told there would be a restocking fee of 20% because it was open. It was taped when I bought it and told the clerk so. He said that did not matter so I told him I would just keep it. It was not so much what he said as it was the way he said it. It was like I was annoying him to even ask him to take it back. I'm giving the compressor to my grandson for Christmas and will never darken their door again. I have been told it cost about $65.00 dollars to get a new customer. Well they lost that money on me.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

Wish I had spent time looking up reviews about the online experience. I order a gift for my son on December 9th. My order still has not shipped, I have emailed several times as well as tried calling. The only response I have had so far is a generic email telling me they are experiencing a high volume of orders and that I will receive an email when my items have shipped!! For a company that I see opening stores constantly it amazes me that they are able to stock the shelves. Now with only 8 days before Christmas I am of the belief that this order will not get to me by the holiday.

I will now have a young man who will be disappointed to not open this gift on Christmas. You also have a father who regrets having ordered from Harbor Freight. The reviews for the item from other reputable websites have said that this was one of the best. This is the only reason I even considered the purchase from Harbor Freight. I will never do this again, I’m also pretty sure I will no longer go to their brick and mortar stores. Disappointing to say the least.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I placed an order with Harbor Freight on December 2, 2019. The confirmation email said it would ship in 2-3 business days. After 5 days and no shipping confirmation, I called the customer service number and was told several times, the distribution center was behind a bit and my order would ship the following day (6 days after ordering). So I waited until the next day, nothing. Called again on day 7 and was told they Guaranteed it would be shipped the next day, so day 8. Waited again, still nothing on day 8.

Called again and was told they were unsure what happened or where my order was. I then asked to just cancel the order only to find out, you can’t cancel. They said they would put in a request to cancel but could not guarantee it would be cancelled. So finally on day 11 after I ordered, my order shipped. I am now almost 15 days after my order and still have not received it and cannot get any answers from the company. Now I would understand if my order was a $20 order or something but it wasn’t, it was a $300 order and they sure as heck got their money. The funds came out of my account on day 3 even after I was told the funds do not come out until the order shipped. Needless to say, I will never order from Harbor Freight again.

Harbor Freight Tools Company Information