Harbor Freight Tools

Compare Home Supplies and Tools

Research top Home Supplies and Tools recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Sure, inexpensive, cheap, mostly disposable tools that will last hopefully long enough for you to get a minimal ROI. But WOW. The single WORST customer service experience EVER, in the history of the world!!! And the worst systems - online and internal - ever designed. It's like they know they are so bad they are not even trying anymore.

I bought a water pump from them. I used it for 3 hours and it failed miserably, the 4 bolts holding the impeller housing to the engine housing coming undone simultaneously, 3 of which lodged between the impeller and the housing, stopping the impeller so violently that it bent the impeller, the impeller housing, and the engine screamed, stopped, and water started spraying everywhere. Okay, not good, but still under the 90 day warranty by like 89 days, so a salvageable situation. But even if it had failed beyond the 90 days I had purchased a 2 year extended warranty so all was good (aside from the pump committing Harakiri). So I called the pumps service number and I was given the choice of my money back or a new pump, choosing the pump since I still needed one.

The pump arrived, but I also received a gift card for Harbor Freight. I had no idea what it was for so called them. I was told I could use it to buy stuff or repurchase my extended warranty. I asked why I would need to repurchase the warranty since it hadn't even started yet and they should be able to transfer the warranty to the replacement pump, but apparently their systems suck so badly they can't do that. So I called the number they gave me to repurchase the extended warranty with the gift card. That's when my hatred of HF began.

They told me at that number they couldn't sell me a warranty, so I asked them who could. They transferred me to warranty services, a 3rd party company not a part of HF. They told me I didn't need to buy a warranty because I already had one. Great. Easy. So I called pump warranty services to tell them I still had a warranty, and they said no, I didn't, and I would have to buy one. So they transferred me to the purchasing department, who then told me they couldn't sell me a warranty and transferred me to the department that could, who turned out to the warranty services, who said I had a warranty and transferred me to pump services again, and back and forth all day for 6 straight hours between these 3 departments, all passing the buck in a cyclical obscenity.

A monkey could have told me if I did or did not have a warranty, but these people are all clueless idiots. I finally got so pissed off I was screaming at people over the phone "DO I OR DO I NOT HAVE A ** WARRANTY?!?" Different answers from everyone. So I hung up and called the store I purchased it from. They told me I did have a warranty. I was finally so fed up I asked if I could just return the stupid thing to the store where I bought it and get my money back, which is 60 miles away from my podunk town, and I was told they would.

So I began my 3 hour round trip (single lane winding roads filled with old people and RV's), only to find when I got to the store that they can't take pump returns in the store, even if it had never been opened, which it hadn't - still completely boxed. OMFG!!! But they told me THEY - their store - would honor my warranty no matter what anyone else in the company told me. I am surprised I didn't lose it and wind up in jail that day! Instead I left before I did anything stupid, drove home, found the corporate number for HF, called them and told them calmly to sort their ** out and get back to me with the answer.

Two days later someone from corporate called. I told them exactly how insane and ridiculous the whole situation was just to find out if I had a warranty or not and why on earth did everyone have a different answer, which clearly is an internal communication problem. And they apologized profusely, told me they were going to use my gift card number to buy a new extended warranty, and the company would sit down and get their act together, and for my pain they would send me a gift card. Nowhere close to enough to absolve them of my wasted time and the emotional abuse of the whole situation, but at that point I was happy to have any solution. I received an email the next day from them telling me they were mailing me a copy of my new warranty and the gift card. As far as I was concerned, all was resolved and I went on with my life.

Two weeks later, still no letter, no gift card, no warranty. So I called and asked where these things were, and they assured me they were on the way. Three days later I did receive the gift card, but no copy of my warranty. And still to this day, 2 months later, no warranty paperwork has arrived and I still have no idea if I have an extended warranty that I paid for or not. We'll see if the store keeps their word about honoring the warranty...

Anyway... So I don't want to have anything to do with HF any longer, but I have this gift card and I want to be done with them, so I make the 3 hour round trip last week to go to the store and buy something I need. When I get there they have none in stock. Okay, annoying, but I can order online, so I make the best of my trip to the big city and order online the next day. And irritation begins anew.

So I place the order, go to the checkout page, enter my gift card numbers, but it won't let me continue until I put in a credit card number too. Why? My gift card is more than enough to cover the purchase. So I call their customer service number and ask why. The basics of that answer were "Because". Swell. So I put in my CC card and place the order, expecting I will be told the gift card was used and I wasn't charged, but no. It just says the order was placed at X dollars. So, that is annoying as ** because on the back of the gift card it states that if used online it will tell me the gift card was used and how much is remaining on the card, if any. But that didn't happen, at all. Not even the order confirmation e-mail says if the gift card was used or not. Fine. Whatever.

IF my card gets charged I will go on the rampage with HF, again, waste my time and my life and my mental well being to try to get them to pull their heads out of their backsides. So I wait and watch. Finally, 3 days later, it says the order was placed, and my credit card wasn't used so apparently the gift card was, so that's great (even though it still doesn't tell me what's remaining on the card, even though I know how much, it's supposed to tell me how much according to THEIR OWN WORDS).

Anyway, the next day I check the order status. It shows that 2 of the 3 things I ordered were shipped, but the large item, which I needed more than the other 2, was not. I wait another 2 days, same thing. I need that item by the end of the week, so I call the store and ask if they got in a shipment of the item, and they did so I have them set one aside and prepare for my 3 hour trip to pick it up. But first, I need to cancel the online order of that item. I call their number, choose the option to check on an existing number, and the automated system tells me that item is on back order. I choose to speak with a customer service rep to cancel that item, and they tell me it has already shipped. I ask them how that's possible since their automated system says back ordered and the site page of my order that I'm looking at says that item hasn't shipped yet, and checking the tracking number shows that a label was created and nothing else happened.

They tell me everything shipped and are getting annoyed with me, but I don't care, I'm getting an answer, a CORRECT answer. I tell them to prove it, because their own systems, 2 different of their own systems, say it hasn't shipped and is on back order. They give me a tracking number. That tracking number is ENTIRELY different than the one associated with my order, and checking their tracking number says it left 3 days ago. WTF??? I guess I'll see what was shipped when it gets here. But I don't trust anything anyone there says, ever, so I'm still making my 3-hour trek to get the part myself and will deal with the online ordered item IF it arrives.

The point of my story is: These people are idiots. Not single employee knows what the ** they are talking about, everyone has a different answer, even their systems are not integrated enough to get the same answer from each system to the next. The single most HORRIBLE company and WORST customer service in the history of the world, EVER! MORONS ALL!!! They are not remotely worth the inexpensiveness of their cheap crud. Not in the slightest. Do yourself a favor and only buy small items under $20 so you don't care when it breaks and you don't have to deal with their customer service people or any of their systems other than the cash register that will get you out of their store as quickly as possible. Either that, or just stop buying from them so they fold and go under and disappear from the world and bring us all one more step closer to sanity.

I like Harbor Freight Tools, and while their tools are not top quality, they are usually good value for the money. My problem is with their customer service related to the Inside Track Club. I renewed my membership last November, but for some reason, they did not start sending me the monthly sale catalog, and also did not send weekly Inside Track Club special emails. After about one month, I contacted them through their website, but got only a cryptic reply. I called their customer service number and explained the problem, and the person that I talked to assured me that they would look into it, and also agreed to send me a copy of the monthly flyer, which I received about a week later, hand addressed.

When I still wasn't getting the sale flyer the next month, I contacted them again, and they again said that they would look into it and they mailed me a flyer, addressed by hand. After I still got no machine addressed sale flyer or sale notice emails the next month, I contacted them again using the online form, and also sent a letter by US mail to the president, Eric Smidt. I never got a reply from him. I still am not getting any emails or catalogs, except for those addressed by hand and sent when I complain. It doesn't seem like it should be that hard to get it right.

I went to the Harbor Freight in Salem N.H. to buy a side cabinet toolbox (#68785) on a Saturday. The place was a zoo to begin with. I went to the display and took the tag then went to the cashier to pay for it. After waiting quite some time in line I gave the cashier the tag and he rang the numbers thru the register, then he did it again, at this time he called someone over to talk to him. He came back to me and said, "We are all out of this item." I asked, "When are you getting more in?" He didn't know. Ok, so I asked to buy the display, he said no. I said, "You would rather not have a sale so you can display a product you don't have and don't know when you are getting another?" He said, "A truck is coming in on Monday", so I called on Monday, no toolbox. Then I called 2 other stores in my area, only at the second store did someone offer to look it up on the computer to see which store had one, nobody in the area did.

So I called Harbor Freight and ordered one, they took my information, (credit card, address, email) and said within 2 days I should hear that they shipped it. Not being notified I called them on Thursday, "Sorry it's on back order" was the reply. I said, "It wasn't on backorder when I ordered it or someone should have said something then. When did you plan to tell me this?" I canceled the order.

The policy of Harbor Freight is on the back of the receipt. It states that it will refund purchases in the original tender. However, I could not get a refund on ramps which I returned unused, because they were too steep for my vehicle. Instead they gave me a gift card of equivalent value. I have no use for this. I spoke to a supervisor and store manager and was told that was all he could do. The box was in a resaleable condition. This company does not honor its stated policies, which I plan to report to the state Attorney General.

I just read the class action lawsuit brought against Harbor Freight. Notice the 10 million dollar settlement the lawyers are asking for? Follow the money. I would like to meet all the poor souls that were harmed when they bought their item on sale and were harmed in any way. This is the kind of BS the new Administration is trying to get out of their way. Their revenues can be better spent providing jobs for lower to middle-income families. That is what will make America great again. Not lawyers.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?

I purchased a boat trailer through Harbor Freight online. I have contacted them at least 9 times attempting to receive the documents needed to register the trailer with the DMV. They have yet to send me the documents knowing fully that I only have 30 days to register the trailer. The average wait time on each call is 47 minutes; if you happen to get a live person, they cannot help; if you call the return #, they cannot help; the trailers email address provided does not respond; DO NOT PURCHASE from this company. They have NO customer service.

I sent a package back on April 5th and delivered on the 7th. Today is the 17th and still no refund. I tried calling to find out what the status was, after an hour on hold listening to how I was family someone finally answered. The young lady said I should call back in an hour. I do not feel this any way to treat a customer. The last time I called I was on hold for almost a half hour. I think that their customer service stinks and they should have more help.

Last summer, I bought a table from Harbor Freight to raise my motorcycle so that I could work on it. My bike is old (1988 Electra-Glide) and needed a number of small projects done to bring it up to snuff. We were going into winter anyway and I felt like this would be a great time to get started. I figured that I could take all winter and be ready to ride again in the Spring. So up the bike went.

To use this table properly, you must pump the hydraulic jack that is fixed to the table to higher than it needs to be, insert a locking bar and then allow the jack to settle down onto the locking bar. This makes for the table being safe because it eliminates any chance of a failure of the jack and the bike slamming down unexpectedly. This also releases any pressure on the hydraulic jack. So theoretically, the bike can be left for long periods of time without any danger of damaging seals in the jack. I took the table into my garage, lifted it ONE time and that's where it has remained until now.

This Spring, with all my little tasks complete, I went to raise the table enough to remove the locking bar but the jack would not budge the table at all. There was a puddle of oil around the jack on the concrete floor under the table and so, I got some hydraulic jack oil and filled it up. The table came with a manual and I filled the jack per the instructions, to replaced what leaked out and went through the bleeding procedure exactly according to the manual's instructions to absolutely no avail. Pedal resistance remained unchanged and the jack refused to lift. I studied the way the table is built and I cannot honestly see how I can remove the jack to get it up on the bench.

I'm sure that I can figure this out eventually but I really don't feel good working under this table with an almost 900lb bike over my head. So I decided to talk to the manager at the local Harbor Freight store where I bought it because I figured that they've probably run into this problem before. He told me that this table was not designed to be left in one position for long periods of time. I asked: "Why not?" I explained that there was NOTHING in the manual about this and if this was a problem, the manual should have included some sort of precautionary statement. My idea of having the Harley on the lift all winter was the entire reason I bought the table in the first place. This was supposed to allow me to work on the bike when I could take the time and leave it when I didn't have time. The manager said that the warranty was up and he couldn't help me. He turned and walked away completely ignoring me!

I have never in my life been gaslighted and then completely ignored in such a manner! Even if the table is out from under the warranty, I would think that any conscientious store manager would at least show some sympathy for my problem if he couldn't help me find a solution. I went to the Harbor Freight website to submit a review on this table. But it would not take my review giving me one error message after another. I tried to contact the regional/district manager but there is no phone number - only a page to submit all my information and a space to comment. But then, it also would not accept my submission. So here's where it stands now. I have a motorcycle that is stuck up on the air and I can't get it down. This makes the table worse than worthless and the company that sells this item completely refuses to help, even refusing to help me find any sort of solution, and makes it impossible to even complain. AMAZING!

Purchased a set of star and hex head tips. After purchasing them, I decide that I did not need them because I used a different tool to complete the job that I was performing. Took the item back to the location that I purchased it from. I did not have my receipt, but the manager looked up my number and used that to retrieve a copy of my receipt. I received my refund in the form of a gift card. I will definitely be shopping there in the future.

I purchased a "Long Reach Ratcheting Bypass Lopper" #7-92363 62681 1 Last fall. The second time that I used it, it broke. The store said that they couldn't replace it because it was purchased over 90 days ago. They claim to back the quality of their tools but do not.

I purchased a gift card online for my Dad's birthday on March 8, 2017. It is now March 30th and he still hasn't received it. I have called Harbor Freight customer service several times, and all they keep saying is, 'it was shipped'. After my third phone call I demanded a refund, which they promised would appear in my bank account within 24-48 hours. This was over a week ago. I called again 2 days ago, and again, they promised the refund would go through within 24-48 hours; as expected the money has not been refunded.

I am so angry with the treatment I have received from Harbor Freight, plus, my Dad never received his birthday present! They are complete crooks; it is basically daylight robbery. They have lost a good customer, as my Dad USED to spend a lot of money with Harbor Freight, but he is now boycotting them! Just another piece of information, they outsource to the Philippines, which is perhaps another reason why the company is so mismanaged.

While visiting a sick relative I saw a sale flier with a press I wanted on sale. I went to the Worcester MA store on March 25 Sunday to buy a 20 ton press. I walked all over the store looking for help. No sales staff. Went up front, was yelled at and got a "over there" reply. Then a guy sweeping told me "the other end of the store". I got the stock number, went to check out. Waited in a line of 6 (only 1 cashier) and told her my item. I counted out $170 thinking the price was close as the sale price was $149 plus a $5 roll of tape and tax, with the rest of $200 in my other hand I gave her all the $200.

I asked her to please count as I didn't want to short her. This women grabbed the money, started yelling saying I was ripping her off and all customers are crooked. (I had $16 in change coming.) I was so shocked I forgot to notice I never got the sale price. I'm 60 yes old well dressed and own a small company. My worker would have been fired. I'm handicapped and needed help with the 250 lb press. She yelled at me again "don't you dare steal that cart. It stays there." The floor sweeper helped me with a lift card way overloaded for the task. I will now shop elsewhere. They need to be investigated. Fraud, safety violations and abuse in one visit.

The reviews on this site are mostly complaints about Harbor Freight, but mine won't be. Why? Because I have not ever had any problems with them. How you say? Well let me tell you! Recently I purchased the Harbor Freight 4 Gallon Home and Garden Backpack Sprayer that comes from Greenwood. Upon arrival 1 week later I opened up the package and everything was great except it was missing 1 gasket and the sprayer nozzles which makes the sprayer pretty much worthless.

Well I emailed customer service and I received a reply the next day informing me that they re-shipped a whole new sprayer to me. I didn't need a new sprayer. All I needed was the parts. They even told me I did not have to ship the 1st one back. Just keep it for more spare parts. WOW, no company has ever done that for me before. Anyway, I have been purchasing products from Harbor Freight for more than 6 years now and this was the first time I had a hiccup, but they took care of it real quick. So, I don't know what has happened with all the rest of the low complaints with Harbor Freight. Maybe they got the message, maybe some of these complaints are just rants, who knows for sure. All I know is Harbor Freight has always treated me very well. That's all.

HF would not honor the free product with purchase because it didn't have a barcode on the coupon so I refused to purchase anything from them at that point and later called HF support and told them the cashier had been rude to me and refused my coupon. The service line I called asked me for the coupon code on the coupon at which time I told her it was not printed on the coupon and she took my name and asked again to give her the coupon code number that it would be printed on the coupon and again I told her it was not printed on the coupon anywhere.

She got very short with me saying it had to have a coupon code on the coupon and said she would have to check with her boss about giving me the item for free. After she did this she again asked for a receipt from the store and I again said I refused to purchase the item because the cashier would not honor the store coupon. She then took more info and said again that this would only be allowed one time because of the cost involved (24 pack HD Batteries). End result: I feel like I have been treated like a criminal and I am not so sure that I and my family/Friends will return. Maybe I just got the wrong people at the wrong time.

Defective product. I called the store and they said that they were not able to help me since I bought it with the gift card. I needed you to contact customer service at the corporate headquarters. They were defensive and rude and did not care how much money we have spent in that store. They told me a district manager would be in touch with me but I never had even a simple phone call to speak to anyone. They told me the CEO was not interested in helping anyone over the 90 day limit. This product has never worked and it is sad that they treat their customers so poorly. We would never shop there again and something should be done about their extended warranties which we were told nothing about and therefore could not protect the product. After looking at the reviews online I noticed the same exact complaint about the same air compressor from another customer.

My husband I placed our order online with this company on 2-7-17. It is now 2-20-17 and we still don't have our product. We were finally given a PRO number today and still can't track our product and no one at Harbor Freight can tell us where our merchandise is. Don't order online from them if you can avoid it.

Do not order online. CHECK OUT the FedEx Tracking ** and you will see the order was undeliverable. Now they want me to pay for a 3/8 in Air Ratchet Wrench that was in that shipment that I never received. What??? The order was 11/28/2016 and it is now 2/18/2017 and still unresolved. Maybe they need charity?

The problem is not so much about the products as it is that the Parts for Chicago Electric 12" Compound Miter Saw I was trying to get they don't offer "ANY" replacement part. I was told if I had brought a warranty for it they would replace the whole thing or repair it. The part is the Fence Extension and would take about 5 minutes to replace. They had no answer why they did not offer these replacement parts. Then they said maybe try Ebay or Amazon to see if they had it. I asked if they know that these parts were on there. The person said no, but sometimes people sell off parts of broken equipment. This will make me stay away from Harbor Freight power tools.

What I am about to write is true - never wrote one of these before. Store is in Salem, NH. I bought the handheld camera that lets you view inside small holes, etc. for $160. Came home... Started it up (after charging)... And it wouldn't turn on. Go back the next day, replace it with a new one. Come home. Put it on the charger, and it started up! But then I disconnected it from the charger and it would shut off... So again. Another broken camera. Go back the next day. Gave up hope on the cameras so I returned it for store credit (which they refused to put back on my original credit card) and I bought one of those propane heaters. Came home. Turned it on. And only 1 of 2 burners would hold a light. Just to recap. I bought 3 somewhat high dollars items from this store in a matter of a week and all 3 of them were broken.

I realized... All the boxes I purchased looked like they have been opened before. Meaning, I nearly confident this Harbor Freight just puts broken ** back on the shelves hoping people buy it and don't bother returning it. Why wouldn't people return something broken? Oh perhaps because they have 1 person checking out 20-30 people at a time w/ massive lines.

I began with really enjoying the vast inventory this place provides and the ease of access even though they tend to be located out of major cities in cheaper rent areas. My experience then went downhill when I accidentally broke a around $11 "air filter inlet assembly" on my Central Pneumatic air compressor that is exclusively sold by Harbor Freight Tools. The headquarters told me this piece would take 12 weeks to order since it comes from China and there is no other way of ordering it. They even recommended I bring the product back in and fully exchange it since the product would be so complicated to get. Taking this advice I called 5 Locations near Northern Virginia even places around two hours away. None of the stores had the product in stock. I had only had this product for two weeks and the four weeks before that none of these stores had the products.

The supply chain and set up of the whole operation is so bad the managers don't know what is on the "truck" being shipped to them and have no clue as to what inventory they have as well as do not have any way of ordering or handling customer needs. In the past month I have referred many customers to them and now I feel stupid for spending thousands and referring those people to them since they cannot handle customers' needs, frustrations, and complaints. The compressor is needed to run my business and I am now down one truck and a lot of money due to this issue. Some of the employees were understanding of my issue, however some seemed to not care at all.

I am at the point where I really want to return everything and just get justice for my lost fuel driving big trucks back and forth to hear that the "truck" that no one knows what inventory is on board didn't feel like delivering what customers need in order to operate a business and feed their families. Something needs to be done to help consumers purchasing products from Harbor Freight Tools. The company charges restocking fees and scams consumers that are already frustrated into more money out of pocket.

It seems that when I visit the store it usually happens around lunch hour or after 4 during the week and sometimes on the weekend… it never fails to see about 10 to 15 customers in line waiting to check out with one cashier working. Like today around 11:30 EST am 10 customers with one cashier. I left the store. A change in managers would help. It seems the paying people standing in line take a back seat to getting checked out in a reasonable time. And it does not do any good to complain.

I ordered 2 set on 12-13-16. Called in on 12-19-16 to find out that they had not shipped. Asked for a refund. Was told it would be refunded to my account in 24-48 hours. Called back on 12-21-16 because we had not seen the refund. Was informed at this time the refund was done on 12-14-16 and the time was not up. Called back on 12-23-16 because we had not received the refund. At that time I was informed that it was not processed till 12-15-16 and the refund would not be till 12-27-16. I called them on 12-27-16 and found out that the refund still has not processed and they never even had the product in stock. Worst customer service ever.

I have shopped in Harbor Freight stores for years. I will no longer be shopping with them. I had a motorcycle lift ordered and shipped. Almost a month ago, I ordered it on 12/29 it said it shipped. Last Tuesday I got contacted by the shipping company to schedule delivery. Someone has to be present to accept delivery and 5 scheduled appointments later I still do not have my item.

Harbor Freight has not offered the help I need to get this delivered. I have to take time off from my business to handle it on the phone day after day. I have to have family members take time off from their businesses day after day since it's being delivered to my brother as it is his Christmas gift. This company offers absolutely no help and then isn't even willing to compensate me for my loss in time and wages by refunding my money. We are talking over a $1000 in loss of wages. I paid $279 dollars for an item and they said the best they can offer is 25% back. Absolutely ridiculous. They hired this company to ship it. They should be responsible.

I purchased a small electric generator a couple years ago and it needed a part replaced. H.F. had no parts. Got a new capacitor from Newark for $2.50. I purchased an air compressor and the pressure switch (which was poor quality) broke after a few months. H.F. had no parts. Got on internet and found exact part from China for $3.00. Now I have a $90 nail gun that is a year old. The teflon seals have deteriorated and as usual H.F. has no parts. Not likely I can fix this one. So, if you're going to buy a tool more complicated than a hammer expect that you can only get it fixed in 90 days. After that it is a paperweight. I take exception to the logo HARBOR FREIGHT TOOLS Quality Tools at Ridiculously Low Prices. If you buy a tool, divide the cost by 90 days and ask if it is still a good price.

I have always been aware that one should never buy anything at Harbor Freight without it being "on sale". I needed a small compressor for my business startup and had regularly seen one "on sale" in circulars for $99. This weekend I received a "Limited Time Only - Friends and Family" discount coupon for 25% off of "any one item". I already knew the drill - today the same compressor was marked at $129, and imagine my surprise - 25% off of that brought the price down to $97. This time they refused to honor the coupon.

It happens that many years ago I was the Manufacturing Engineer responsible for making all Sears Craftsman power tools at The Singer Corporation in South Carolina. I was initially brought in to clean up a Federal Trade Commission lawsuit regarding their similar "pricing" issues. I like Harbor Freight, but I'm tired of this deceptive garbage. Just saw that a few class action suits have already been filed, currently examining some of those.

I purchased a 4" plate joiner a few months ago (probably 4-5 months) and didn't take it out of the box to use it until last Saturday. When I tried to use it I found that the levelling plate at the front of the tool was not attached on both sides. This is obviously a problem with manufacturing and quality control. I took it back to the store that I purchased it from, Wilmington, NC and spoke to the "acting" store manager. Unfortunately I didn't have my receipt, but, I thought that Keegan (store manager) would at least look at the problem before he made a decision.

I was told in no uncertain terms that it was my problem and that they would not replace it or even give a store credit. I then called the corporate office and was basically told the same thing. After purchasing many items over the years with Harbor Freight, with really no problems, this is the first time that I needed to return something with a poor manufacturing issue. Since they will not stand behind their products, I will not be purchasing anything else from them in the future. I would rather pay a little more for an item through another retailer that will stand behind their products.

I bought the solid rubber tires at the Davenport Iowa store to replace flat tires on a hand truck. The steel hub on both sides of the wheel comes loose and can cause the wheel to fall halfway off the axle. Both wheels were the same. This is a dangerous product and should be recalled. The store would not exchange them or give me credit to buy a better model. They could see that they are of poor quality. They stick to their 90 days return policy without any regard to defective products.

Ordered motorcycle dolly. Received car wheel dolly! Called Harbor Freight. They re-shipped, and what I got is missing half the parts. Harbor Freight insists on getting their junk back before they'll resolve the problem. I have to waste my time and packing supplies to pack and ship back their crap, and this two times in a row, and they won't even ship what I ordered until I finish this work for them!!! I've been a loyal HF customer for years, spent thousands of dollars with them, and referred many friends to them. No more! Buy their junk at your own risk. You MIGHT get what you paid for SOME DAY, but it WILL COST YOU more than just the advertised price. I needed this thing before cold weather so I could get my motorcycle into my garage. HF SCREWED ME!!!

Yesterday, I spent over $80 to purchase an Earthquake pneumatic torque wrench, which was advertised by HF to be able to deliver 505 ft-lbs of bolt torque with an inlet air pressure of at least 90 psig. This morning the torque wrench did not produce enough torque to loosen a single lug nut in my garage. I checked the lug nut torque and verified that it was torqued to 100 ft-lbs. I made a 50 mile roundtrip back to the store today to have my money refunded. This is not my first time to have performance issues with pneumatic tools from Harbor Freight, but my past experience taught me to test the tool right away, because HF only warranties their tools for 90 days.

Went into the chambersburg, pa. Store. Purchased a 3 ton floor jack (Pittsburgh) on 6/23/16. Used it twice. Warranty ran out on sept. 23rd. I took it back to the store on Oct 3rd because it would not work. I was told this is my fault because I DID not buy the extended warranty. They would not stand behind it. They sell "junk". I will never purchase another thing from these idiots. I could say more about them. But I'LL just get really pissed off. This junk store needs to be closed. Shut the doors.

Harbor Freight Tools Company Profile