Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.70/5

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Harbor Freight Tools Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Harbor Freight Tools?

Original review: July 17, 2020

I owned a lumberyard and hardware store about 35 years ago. I found I could buy from Harbor Freight at retail cheaper than I could buy wholesale on most items. They have been in my radar ever since. Unmatched prices, but not as many stores as Home Depot and/or Lowes.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Harbor Freight is one of my favorite tool stores for several reasons. First of all the reps are always polite and helpful. Rarely have l had any complaint but whenever l did they have always worked diligently to rectify the problem. I have visited stores all over and the service is always good. Many tell me they don't like the quality of merchandise that is available, but l have found that little, if any difference, can be found and for the price cannot be equaled. I like the complimentary 'free' items Harbor Freight offers to the public and many even do not require any purchase. I highly recommend Harbor Freight to all diy-ers that want a good deal on any tool needed as well as household items for kitchen or garden. For the best bang for your buck, Harbor Freight cannot be beat!

Get buying tips about Home Supplies and Tools delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Love Harbor Freight! Their customer service is great, can always find an employee to help you if you can't find or know about the item. Prices are less expensive than the other tool stores and anything you need, you can find within the store and not have to walk a half a mile to hope it's in the other stores aisle.

Original review: July 9, 2020

If I need a tool or have a project, I always go here first. Especially right n or while money is tight, I can find everything I need for a reasonable price and decent quality. The handheld drill set I use almost once a week I bought from Harbor Freight about 5 years ago and it still Works like new.

Original review: July 8, 2020

Having always found, in my experience HF to meet my needs and budget. Always friendly staff, that are very helpful. Plenty of options from DIY to contractor needs. As a handyman HF helped my business grow. Have been in 3 different store across the country and all meet my challenges.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

I purchased plenty from Harbor Freight back when they were just a catalog tool company. Lately, they opened a store in my neighborhood and I made several purchases there. Two of the purchases I made were the Cen-Tech battery booster power pack. I bought one for my car and truck. I always checked the charging light and re-charged both as required. A few weeks ago I had to use the Cen-Tech power booster to start my son's car and the booster pack was dead. I plugged it in and it begin charging. 30 hours later it would not charge so I contacted Harbor Freight for assistance. Harbor blew me off stating the unit was over 90 days old. My advice is to never buy anything from this company as they refuse to back their products. Customer non-service like this usually results in Bankruptcy. Beware!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I buy tools for 2 purposes, one is for my business, and the other for at home. I'm in the business of ranch, farm, and dairy service & repair. I buy wrenches, sockets, and whatever would fall in to a knee deep watery pile of animal ** from Harbor Freight. If it falls and sinks, who's going to go after it, not me. If I need something to use just once and only once, Harbor Freight. Usually it won't last anyway so I return it and get my money back.

Need a weird angled wrench, grab a cheap ** Harbor Freight wrench, cut and weld it up. Fits just right, then store it where it belongs, the dumpster. Anything with tires and the tires they sell won't hold air after 4-6 months. If it's for home, name brand only. Works first time or 10 years later. Harbor Freight, if you like to throw tools and money away, Harbor Freight is the way to go. Pure Chinesezium products.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

I had a pack of D batteries. I installed them in my motion light for a dark stairwell. Well they worked about a month went to change them and found out they leaked all over the light and made it inoperable. I sent a email with photos (showing their batteries) no response. I finally got a call then they tell me someone from lose prevention will call me. They cost me a $25.00 light. I have replaced it already but never use their batteries again. They are junk just like the customer service when you call the company.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

I've been using this workbench for almost a couple of years now. It cost me almost $400 when I bought it. It has mostly held up well, the wheels stick a lot (despite being cleaned repeatedly), and the wood top has held up remarkably well. However...recently two of the drawers broke. I called Harbor Freight Tools to see if I could get a replacement. I was told no - that the model had been discontinued. I asked if they had any drawers at all that would fit it. Again, I was told no.

Remember, this cost $400. So if you want to buy from Harbor Freight Tools, I would go elsewhere. Replacing two drawers on such a pricey workbench shouldn't be difficult or expensive. HFT also deleted my comment on their site. It may be a bargain, but remember you're getting what you pay for. Unless you buy the Yukon 46" 9-drawer Mobile Workbench, Model #63532. Then you're getting a potential brick. Mine's going out to bulk trash pickup on Friday. Bye, HFT.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

Warning -- Harbor Freight is actively deleting product reviews with Three or Less Stars in an effort to conceal product problems. Case in point: a buyer's Three Star review of their 110lb Abrasive Blaster posted on Dec 31, 2020 and providing valuable critique of the product was subsequently deleted. My Two Star review of the same product (which was solicited by Harbor Freight via an email to me) was also deleted / rejected. Bottom Line: the product reviews on their site are only representing reviews Harbor Freight wants potential buyers to see -- an unacceptable business practice.

Harbor Freight Tools Company Information