Get a Quote

4.5/5 (95 ratings)

About Handicare

Handicare offers accessibility products that help people stay independent as they age in place. Its products include a variety of straight, curved and outdoor stair lifts, providing multiple options for getting up and down the stairs safely. Handicare can install a stair lift in roughly four hours. Financing may be available through your dealer, and all indoor Handicare stair lifts come with a limited lifetime warranty.

Pros

• Straight, curved and outdoor models
    • Multiple seat and color options
    • 3D visualization app

Cons

• Limited weight limits on basic models
    • May be expensive

Bottom Line

Handicare has stair lifts for many different staircases and user needs. Although some of the models don't have very high weight limits, a few higher-end models have increased weight capacities.

Handicare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Handicare?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Handicare?

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

I'm very happy with my lift chair. It takes me up and down the steps. Handicare's rep that assisted me with my purchase was very helpful and the installers were very courteous. I'd recommend them to anybody.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2016

Handicare has been a lifesaver for me. The representatives who assisted us with our purchase were very courteous. They answered all of our questions and we had no problems at all. When the installation team came, my husband was there and he says they did a great job. Getting up the steps is what I like best about the Handicare stairlift.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2016

The Handicare stairlift is a great piece of equipment for my father. It has helped him a lot. The representative who helped me with the purchase was great. He's a good installer too.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

The representative was very knowledgeable of questions I was asking and made a good impression. She came out and looked at what I was trying to do. I chose Handicare because of the availability of repair service if I need it. Everything with the installation team was topnotch. I had a good experience with Handicare from start to finish. I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2016

I feel that the Handicare stairlift isn’t really built for the average frame. The seat is not deep enough and you have to over bend the legs. The chair seems to be built for a child in terms of the distance from the back of the hip to the bend of the knee. It’s amazing that it’s not any deeper than it is, and the leg from knee to foot is so small.

Handicare response

Thanks for letting us know! I will reach out to you privately. Handicare has a variety of chairs for most of the stair lift styles we carry. There may be a different style of chair for the stairlift you purchased.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

We've had a fine experience with Handicare Stairlift. We use it occasionally and we're happy with it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

Handicare Stairlift is a good transporter. We haul stuff up and down the stairs that we used to have to carry. One representative told my wife that it could hold a certain number of pounds and she could get on there with a sack of potatoes. That's not good because a sack of potatoes only weighs 10 lbs. But the man from the company where we got the stairlift from had a very good level of knowledge and was pleasant and courteous. We chose Handicare over a different stairlift provider because of its cost.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

I've been very happy with the experience. Handicare works great and it's very attractive. We have a circular staircase, and at the foot of the staircase I have a space, a well. I would have liked it if it could have gone back into the well, it would just been more out of the way. But other than that, it’s been great.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

I learned about Handicare Stairlift through my niece, who’s a nurse. I got it for my mother-in-law when she was alive and she enjoyed it. Now I’m using it. My legs got a little stiff because I stopped walking a lot after my dog passed away. There are a lot of things I can use the stairlift for. When I overload my clothes basket, I put it on the chair and send it up with the remote control, then I walk up and take it off the chair because it’s too bulky going up the steps. I might get another for the middle floor. The representative who assisted me with my purchase was very good to me, did very well and gave me a fair price for two of the Handicare. The installation team did a wonderful job.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

The Handicare sales rep was just learning but was very good. The installation team was also good. I love my stairlift and I've already recommended Handicare to a few people.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

With Handicare Stairlift, I don't have to walk up the steps. Their staff are honest, delightful and not pushy. I'm very satisfied with them and even my 11-year-old granddaughter wants one. Everybody should get one ten years before they need it.

Handicare response

Grandchildren love to play on the stairlifts! You should send us some photos to our Facebook Page @ HandicareStairliftsUS

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

Handicare Stairlifts has been very helpful and definitely done the job. I'd recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

I like the Handicare stairlift and I’ve enjoyed it very much. I have a split-level house. So I have one going down the stairs into the lower level and then another one in the living level, going up and down. I’ve been very pleased and definitely would recommend Handicare.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2016

We purchased a Handicap Stairlift for my daughter-in-law and all of the representatives who assisted us in our purchase were very professional, equipped and easy to deal with. The guy who sold it to us also installed it.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

My Handicare chairlift is dead as a door nail right now. When I had to work with painting the house, they didn't move it all the way to the end so, it's probably de-charged and I need to get someone to give it a jump start. But when it's working, it's great. My contractor who is very trustworthy told me about it and put me in touch with the company. They came and it sounded good to me so we went with it. Their representatives were very professional and did a good job. My house would not accommodate an elevator so it has made a huge difference to me.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2016

My Handicare Stairlift had to be specially built for my stairs, so it was a special order. The guys who came to do the installation were very polite and I didn't have any problems with them. They moved efficiently and did it in a matter of time. The stairlift works and I'm glad to have it. I'm 96 years old and I need it - it takes me up and down the stairs. I'm overall satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

The Handicare Stairlift has been a real lifesaver for us. My husband is not able to walk on his own and there is no way in or out of our house without stairs. So the stairlift was a necessity and it's been really good for us. The gentleman who did the installation was great too. It was a one-day process and we've been very pleased with it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

I was looking on the internet for a local stairlift dealer and saw Handicare in Red Bank. I contacted them and they were very helpful. I chose them because of their proximity as I preferred a local person than somebody coming up from Atlanta. I really liked them so I stuck with them. Their representative was very reassuring and kind. The installation team was very helpful and explained the aspects of the system to me. My husband used the stairlift a lot, and it was extremely useful for a couple of months. I'm 79 years old and I might need it some time so we're hanging on to it. It was quite satisfactory, and I was very pleased with it.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

One of the main factors we chose Handicare as our stairlift provider is because it’s one of the slimmer line ones, unlike others that stick off the wall. We’re actually using it for a kid, and our stairwell is narrow, so we didn’t want a big, bulky one that took up a lot of room. The person who assisted me with the purchase was like a middleman. We went through a company to get it. And the company we went through was pretty good. However, my son was also on a program and so we were trying to get it funded through his program. That’s only because Handicare’s stairlift isn’t the common one that is funded through the program. But we partially paid for a chunk out of pocket, and I’m sure it’s because with some people they need to get 100% covered. But they hadn’t, perhaps, dealt tons with this specific stairlift. They were very pleasant to deal with, but we had lots of road bumps when it came to getting in the actual stairlift to us.

The company which served as the middleman, was nice to deal with. But there were lots of exchanges that went on between the local companies here and Handicare, and it had to be a special order. Perhaps it was because of the additional length or the glide factor. And I’m guessing something happened in the communications between the local company and Handicare, as it didn’t arrive when it was supposed to. It took months, more than it was supposed to, and we had to cancel a trip because of that. And when it did arrive, we were down to some very tight timing. It arrived somewhere on the east coast, then they said they were sending it, but it hadn’t gotten sent. It was a huge mess. When it finally arrived, they installed it, but there was some board that had gotten blown out and none of the local vendors had it.

Those were huge issues, physically getting the stairlift to our house, and then getting it all up and working because there were some parts that didn’t work. That was a huge headache. On the other hand, it’s a fabulous stairlift. I love it. An area for improvement is the “eye” in the remote which could be made stronger, mainly for our kid who can’t operate it. But apart from that, I’m so ecstatic with our choice. The glide feature is totally worth it. Lots of caution on the delivery aspect, but with the product itself, I would fully recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

One of the reasons I had a Handicare for is not for today but for future use. I'm 85 and my wife is 82, and we are getting close to the point of needing one so we said, "Well, we might as well go ahead and get it." It's not a forced issue. At this point, we're in the process of trying to settle what I call a defection of the chair. They made it in a hurry. They didn't have the trained personnel who knew how to do some of the things and its poor workmanship is very obvious, so I am extremely satisfied with the chair itself. The idea of having it is good, particularly since we have knee and hip problems. When we get in one or the other positions, we're all right but getting up and down is sometimes very difficult, for me particularly.

Handicare response

Mr. Hartley, thank you for your review. It sounds like there are some things we may be able to adjust. We will follow up with a private message so that we can narrow down where the issues may have occurred and work with you in correcting them.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

I've enjoyed Handicare Stairlift very much. I have a split-level house and I have two - one going down the stairs into the lower level and another one in the living level, going up and down. I've been very pleased. The representative who assisted with my purchase was very pleasant. The installation team was courteous and cleaned up after themselves. I like that I can get in and ride up and down the steps.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2016

I stopped by Office Interiors for seniors and found out about Handicare. I called them and I liked it. The people in their office and the people who installed it were wonderful! My husband had an amputation, and he can get on the stairlift easily and operate it himself. It works beautifully and perfectly, so we love it. We’re even thinking about getting an additional part to it to make it go down the basement for my husband.

Handicare response

We are honored to be a part of your story! Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

Overall, I had a very gratifying experience with Handicare. The man who assisted me was in business for himself. He's the salesman and he also did the installation. He explained everything to me and he did a good job. I'm satisfied with it.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2015

In 2013, my wife had a heart attack. She was intubated and then got trach. She also got pneumonia and lost her kidneys, so we needed a stairlift for her. The reps from Handicare who assisted us were good and very courteous. They measured and sent it to be built in England and came back when the device got here and installed it. Our stairlift is special-made because it's not a straight going up. It's a lifesaver. If I have a problem, as soon as I call them they're here.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2015

I can't walk and I have rheumatoid arthritis so I had therapists sent over to my house. One of the nurses recommended Handicare Stairlift and my husband wanted to get it right away because he can't walk. We both need it because neither of us could get up and down the steps. The company rep was a really nice guy. I asked him some questions and he knew everything. He did the installation and it took him an hour to do it. I haven't been down the steps in three years but I can now go downstairs with the stairlift. Overall, it's handy and I'm glad my husband talked me into getting it. I've even recommended it to other people.

Handicare response

You are the reason we do this! Enjoy your home; you deserve it!

Handicare Company Information