4.07/5
Based on 15 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 27, 2018

15 Hamilton Beach Coffee Makers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 27, 2018

Hamilton is a great company. It makes coffee very quickly and 12 cups of coffee. Good for big family house. My family likes. Very creative quality product and very useful. Good value for money and have 2 years warranty. Good service and good product experience. Very interesting experience and very convenient.

Original review: April 26, 2018

It is a well known and a great name brand and it was on sale at the time I bought it which made it affordable for me and I also needed to try and different make. I had a Black and Decker and I really did not like the features it had. It was an old model. I think all the coffee drinkers to try this coffee marker. I bet they would love it. Can set the time and have your coffee ready before you wake up. I liked Hamilton very much. The only little problem it had was that it did not have a built in coffee filter.

Get expert buying tips about Coffee Makers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2018

Hamilton Beach is a wonderful brand. I like its automatic start which makes it extremely easy that the coffee is already ready whenever I get out of bed which is one thing that makes my day start easy and I love it whenever things go right first thing in the morning. With all the features that it comes with it is well worth the price even though I would like to see one that is a little bit more compact considering I don't have a whole lot of countertop space in my kitchen area. Overall, Hamilton Beach coffee maker seems to be the one that works best and lasts. I would continue to buy this brand if there were a little bit more coupons or deals from a variety of different stores.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I like the size of the Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker because it fits perfectly in my limited counter space. It also has a brew start feature which makes waking up to a fresh, hot cup of coffee possible. I like that feature especially. However, the coffee maker is not as easy to clean as I would like. There are a lot of crevices inside that collect mineral deposits, etc and these are hard to get to and not easily cleaned with vinegar. Nevertheless, it is a good durable brand that lasts our family longer than ones we had purchased in the past. Our family drinks a lot of coffee and we enjoy our after dinner cup, so this coffee maker gets a lot of use.

Original review: April 23, 2018

This coffee maker brand has been around a long time which makes a product the manufacturer would back up after purchase. And the price and convenient features was what I was looking for when I purchased this product and after doing research of a myriad of various brands and features this product line stood out. I liked its convenience plus easy clean up plus dependability. However, clean up can be time consuming and a pain. Moreover, it's not an easy to find in local stores.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker?

Original review: April 20, 2018

Hamilton was recommended by my friend and I heard a lot of good reviews about it. Very good coffee maker, not expensive and serves all my needs. Love the stainless steel and all the coffee brand. Looks very nice, very convenient and handy. Would highly recommend it to all my friends and family. However, I wish they made a smaller one. It's kind of big for my counter.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I like that it's push operated and doesn't have a carafe. It's the only one we could find that doesn't have it. That's about the only thing that sold us on this one. But they are high priced for not lasting as long as they should. If we could find another brand that has the push button operation we would buy that instead. This is the 3rd one we have owned because we can't find another brand without the carafe. They also seem to leak a lot from the bottom.

Original review: April 17, 2018

Hamilton Beach coffee maker was the most cost effective and I had heard good things about it. I am pretty happy about how it performs and has performed in the time that I have had it in my household. I like that the Hamilton Beach coffee maker is extremely convenient in regards to making coffee before I have to do anything in the morning. I don't have to do much to make my morning coffee every single day over and over each day.

Original review: April 16, 2018

Hamilton Beach was the recommended brand by my friend and my co-workers. The Hamilton Beach coffee maker is also really very efficient and I really like this brand. It can make latte and the coffee stays hot for a long time. Coffee taste really great and my family has been asking me to get one for them as well. But I wish they improve the size of the coffee maker and pot so I can make more in one sitting. Also, the one I got was I black color and I'd like to have one in red to match my other appliances. But we had this for years and still working pretty well.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I just wanted something basic since the Keurig was too much effort to maintain and clean. Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker is very basic and not much to it. It doesn't require as much cleaning or maintenance as a Keurig. I also like that it's a well known brand. But it seems boring compared to the Keurig which is a fancy machine. Maybe they could make a smart variety or remote controlled. Or set timers with the Hamilton. That aside it covers everything we need.

Original review: April 14, 2018

The unit we purchased was on sale and had every feature more expensive units from other manufacturers offered at a higher price. It was simple to operate and very dependable. We like the automatic cut on timer because we hate to wait for a first cup. This unit is easy to set, and bean grinding feature works first evey time. However, the unit is a bit noisy while grinding, but that doesn't rise to the level of being a problem. It is a brief period. The plastic used for the unit and the carafe handle seemed a bit thin. That said their size had no effect on the unit's performance or lifetime. The clock-timer was analog and we would have preferred digital, but that wasn't a big deal.

Original review: April 8, 2018

It was an excellent coffee maker and can make all of my favorite brands. It was easy to clean and use, and had several functions of brewing to choose from. The brand was also reliable and had a classic design that looked nice in my kitchen. But the coffee filter wasn't working well anymore, and the part was hard to come by, so it didn't keep up with the sand of time. Also, Hamilton Beach needs to start using K-pods since the consumer market is moving toward the k-cup. But if I'm mistaken and there are models that can do this, then I take it all back and say nothing's wrong with the brand.

Original review: April 7, 2018

Friends had good reviews on the product. Store in a few mins, left to go check out. My first time in a couple months ago so they didn't have any good idea on here too but it is worth a visit and if they have been nice, they are good for you too and it's a great time for sure. It was fun to go to a good time with a nice guy. I like the ease of making delicious coffee at the push of a button and it was awesome like a opossum on a summer's day.

Original review: April 6, 2018

This coffeemaker is so amazing and perfect! I don't know what took me so long to get one. It's great because with my old coffee maker I had to make 2 to 4 cups and all I drink is 1 cup a day, so with my old coffee maker I had to waste coffee. With Hamilton Beach Coffee Makers I can make one cup of coffee any size and not worry about waste or having to use the paper filters. And the coffee flavors have such great tastes. This is the best coffee maker I have ever owned! I would tell all my friends about this coffee maker so they could get one too and have the same amazing experience I have.

Original review: April 5, 2018

The Hamilton Beach coffee maker was just another coffee maker, bought it because it was on sale. But it worked and made good coffee when I wanted it. That was all I needed. I am not a big coffee drinker so as long as it is drinkable that is all I expect and that is all I care about.

Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker expert review by Jonathan Trout

Hamilton Beach makes a variety of small cooking and kitchen appliances including in-home drip coffee makers. Its line of coffee makers include 4- to 12-cup brewing capacities, two-way brewing capacities and programmable features. Visit their website for a full list of over 50 coffee makers and products.

• The Scoop: The Scoop is a single-serve coffee maker that brews up to 14 ounces of coffee quickly. You can have an 8-ounce mug of coffee in 90 seconds and a 14-ounce mug in just over two minutes. It comes with an adjustable stand to hold standard cups and taller travel mugs. The Scoop retails for $39.99.

• FlexBrew: The FlexBrew is a two-way coffee maker that lets you switch from brewing a 12-cup pot of coffee to a single cup with the push of a button. The single-serve side brews up to 14 ounces of coffee and can adjust to fit a travel mug. The 12-cup side features an adjustable brew-strength button that switches from regular to bold. The FlexBrew costs $79.99.

• BrewStation Summit Ultra: The BrewStation Summit Ultra is a 12-cup coffee maker that doesn’t use a carafe to dispense coffee. Coffee is brewed in an internal reservoir, where it’s kept hot. When you’re ready to fill your mug you press your mug against the back of the brewer, much like a water dispenser in a refrigerator. The BrewStation Summit Ultra retails for $49.99.

• BrewStation 6-Cup: Hamilton Beach makes a single-serve model of its press-and-dispense BrewStation coffee maker. The 6-cup version dispenses one cup of coffee at a time and features a programmable clock with an auto shut-off option. The 6-cup version costs $34.99.

• Coffee maker and hot water combo: Acting as two appliances in one, the coffee maker and hot water dispenser brews up to 12 cups of coffee on one side and dispenses hot water for things like tea and oatmeal on the other. The coffee maker features a cone filter, programmable timer, a pause and serve button and a 32-ounce water reservoir. It costs $89.99.

• Best for: consumers who want a variety of choices in an in-home drip coffee maker.

Profile picture of Jonathan Trout