Haier TVs
1.83/5
Based on 64 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Haier TVs

Haier designs solutions to enhance consumers' enjoyment of home at every stage of life—from university to first apartment to all shapes of family living. Each solution champions intelligence, individuality and the human drive to create the perfect home, so that each interaction with the consumer is a new opportunity to bring ease and joy to everyday life.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 25, 2017

74 Haier TVs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

Almost exactly 1 year and 1 month to the day after purchasing (or should I say financing at a ridiculously high rate), my daughter's Haier 43 in Roku TV (model# 43E4500R) started powering off and then resetting before powering back on. After getting the tv to stay on for just a few minutes and having to go through initial setup again, I realized it was not finding the wireless network. My router was not even showing up. Of course, I do what I generally do and I hit Google to find an answer. Google gave me a lot of ideas including the secret menus, but I decided before I touched anything I would call replace I purchased it from to see if they would help out considering I had financed it through them and had been a customer several years and paid other stuff off. To my amazement they did not even know their own policies, and so I ask for Haier's customer service number.

After contacting and speaking with a very rude representative, and going through a few steps to attempt to repair the set over the phone, she informed me that the year of the TV being covered under the one-year warranty had elapsed by 21 days. I told her of the business I have got it from and that they were a nationwide business and that I couldn't understand why they would not stand behind a product for more than a year? She hung up on me after saying have a good day. I've been called the company I financed it through back and they informed me that they would have somebody come look at it for $95, I could not bring it in. It had to be at my house and then that would decide how much the repair would be.

So in other words, it would cost me $95 just to see how much more it was going to cost me to fix. Not worth the cost of the TV. I informed them what Haier had told me about being out of warranty by 21 days and asked did I by chance buy the insurance? Of course this was out of their area of expertise and they did not know. After an hour on the phone I found out I did not purchase it, and I asked them the same thing I asked Haier and that was how could you sell a TV in so many of your stores and not back it for more than one year?

Now every month when I make my payment to this company I'm paying for TV that is sitting in my downstairs bedroom that won't play. Not to mention, that my daughter it is only with me every other weekend so the TV probably only got used 7 months at best. I've checked around to see how much it would cost to fix the TV, lowest price I found is $290. My biggest thing is why Haier was so rude number one, but the other thing is they did not even care enough to try and keep me as a customer.

One of the main reasons I even tried Haier was because of the way I seen Vizio start. I guess Vizio's started with a lot of pride and that grew in until what they are today. Haier never started out with any pride, so my loss and/or future business and recommendations never meant anything from the start. I feel like their intention was to only sell the customer, not keep the customer that spent our hard-working, well earned paychecks, on their product. I really appreciate the chance to tell my experience.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Bought a 75" Haier TV online from Costco back in July 2017. Paid $1800 for it and also bought the extended warranty for it. Picture and color is ok but of course not as good as Samsung or Sony. For $1800 there is no complain. But shortly after the TV will not shut down with the remote control from time to time. After two repair attempt and replacing the motherboard from Haier but unsuccessful. I have to contact Costco in order to get Haier to arrange a return of the unit. Surprisingly it was a long hard process to reach out to Costco for this. Every time I call beside being put on hold for a long long time. They say there is no manager available and somebody will call me back within 48 hours. Nobody ever call back.

I call back and the same thing happen. After many attempts I finally get to speak with a Manager with the case. He told me he will contact Haier America and get back to me. Again I did not hear back from me. I call back and with great effort going through the long waiting process with a lot of patience I finally got a authorization to return the TV. I learned from this experience that Costco's service on return online can be very lengthy and frustrating which really surprise me as I always thought they have great services. Haier admitted that they do not know what the problem is.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

65' Haier TV - I been have a good old time with my tv that I bought for $600 brand new in the box from Nebraska Furniture Mart. I had it since March of 2017 and some reason it comes on by itself every night at the same time 2 am and changes channels by itself too. Overall experience I give 5 star for the good picture and color. It still under 1yrs warranty so let's see if they will replace it for a new one.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I bought a LED TV from LuLu, Dubai, UAE. Haier, after 1 year of usage it had some panel issues. The screen started showing lines, but the product was still under warranty. After inspection from local Haier team they said they have sent a RFP to the purchased country and they got a confirmation from the concerned person saying it’s a reimbursement. The Haier official in Dubai has been keeping me waiting for last 2 months saying, “Will update you regarding this.” They still haven't send me a mail or proof of the reimbursement so that I can collect it from LULU.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I bought a 40" Haier TV less than a year again and its display is already gone. I asked for a replacement board... And that board wouldn't even allow the TV to turn on. The product has been poorly put together and no resolution. So now I have an very expensive radio... YAY!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Haier?

Original review: July 9, 2017

I bought the 55" and there was no issue with it whatsoever. It is a wonderful TV, good color, thin frame and nothing redundant. The smart TV is for stupid people since any $30 chromecast stick is much smarter than any smart TV and you pay $1000 more for it. Also, Haier is very populous in Europe and America wanted to protect the fragile and ridiculous domestic market so did give Haier permission to sell. Luckily Costco started it.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Bought a 49" Haier TV today at Costco and it worked perfectly for about 2 hrs and the screen went black. It was quite funny as I had just finished reading all the horrible reviews online. I am glad it happened today and I can return it tomorrow. And as suggested I'll purchase a brand name TV instead. We had a Toshiba (one of those old huge heavy ones) which we got free a few years ago and that only stopped working last week so, I can see how brand names are worth paying a bit more for.

Original review: June 25, 2017

Just bought the 49", and did not get to see the remote prior to the purchase. The letters are almost invisible, being a dark gray on black making it very hard to see. It makes you wonder what were they thinking??? The TV is great on HD but not good otherwise.

Original review: June 2, 2017

Haier is a beautiful tv. The colors and graphics are amazing. It is a great tv. The price was exceptional also. The flat screen is easy to clean (Please don't use harsh chemical's on any flat screen). Movie's and T.V. shows look phenomenal. The T.V. is 6-8 lbs which is easy for almost anyone to move. Looking to buy another for my bedroom soon.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I have had my 40" Haier HD 1081 since January 2007 and although it was a little pricier 10 years ago ($1200) the picture/sound, etc. are still top notch. I have two 24" Insignia TV's in bedrooms (paid $100/each) and they are perfect in every way for viewing from bed. There is always a new hype on newer models that will do this or that but --really!!- get over it. I want a TV to be a TV not a computer or streaming device.

Original review: May 21, 2017

My Haier TV was a freebie, with a purchase of furniture from LA-Z-BOY, and I see no difference between it and the high-end TV's.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Very very worst customer service... getting more problems with the TV bought within a year... Very very worst product with unsatisfied customer service. Very very bad bad service with no proper communication to the customers. No timely delivery of product which is supposed to be delivered on a mention time frame. Not even after 2 days of the time frame. Not even worth for a single star for rating. Couldn't post this without giving a star so gave a single star. Still complaint has not been closed. Complaint number:**

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I bought this TV at Kohl's because of the great price! Well, the old saying is you get what you pay for, is true! This TV has caused a few issues when trying to watch it. First of all, the sound is terrible! Very tiny and echoes. Fortunately I have a BOSE system, so I hooked them up. The sound is now fine, except I have to use another remote to adjust the sound. For some reason the BOSE sound just stops mid program. It only does it when I am watching the TV. Very odd. Music is fine for hours.

Also, the TV takes "forever" to get the picture! I keep getting blue screens and then with the name HAIER on the screen. Then some other info about the HMDI and finally the picture and sound. Takes anywhere from 10-30 seconds to get the picture. Now the picture is too large for the screen so I miss the channel info at the bottom. The whole TV was a mistake to buy. I am thinking of returning and paying more for a name brand TV. It is heavy and a pain to bring it back.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

We purchased the TV 21 months ago. Used rarely it's in the guest bedroom has been used maybe once or twice a month. The TV no longer works. The screen jumps and wiggles, you get nauseous trying to focus on it. I gave the product 1 star because a negative rating was not an option.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Haier-65UF2505-65-in.-4K-Ultra-HD-LED-TV. Purchased from Costco (Newmarket, ON). Clerk was negative because it was a Chinese company... What isn't made in China! Price point was superior to all others offering same features. You have a 90 day return policy (test drive period), 2 year warranty and an extended warranty for three more years ($60). At $750 what do you have to lose... It then becomes a throw away like many other items we buy today. Sound is tiny and customising the settings isn't very good but a decent sound bar which can be used for years will make the difference. Good picture with several options to view. Cost with extended warranty for five years is $162/year. Go for it. Maybe some of the other manufacturers might consider adjusting their market price to accommodate the changing demographics. I do think some of them are greedy. Like appliances only a handful of manufacturers make all the units and brand name them.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Since I lost my entire household in 2012. Sandy Cyclone in Far Rockaway my daughter bought me a Haier TV. It lasted from Jan. 2013 to recently. I did not watch it for long hours due to working nights. I did not realize the slumland had the heat up high and the electrical components were failing. I used computer and TV as a monitor until my computer was hacked by India spy Hackers. Now the DVD player is damaged. It's been working for 3 1/2 years, but I personally would not buy one.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I suppose to give 0.5 Star, system not allowing. Haier brand is total waste. I bought Haier LED tv in 2014. The main reason for getting this product is, compare to other brand it was low cost. But from the date of purchase, 6 Months once I am changing my TV motherboard. Even service is very worst, they take at least a week to solve your issue. Please go with any other brand, except Haier. Here I couldn't able to find 0.5 Star rating, that's a reason I am providing 1 star.

Original review: June 11, 2016

I am so disappointed! I purchased a Haier 32" TV 02-2015 and it stopped working 05-2016. I thought TV's were meant to last longer than a year and two months, did I miss something? I feel so stupid! I paid for it on terms and in advance so I have one payment left and no TV. I went to Conn's Appliances and got ripped off. My TV light at the bottom would come on but no picture! Then it just stopped working altogether. I unplugged it and plugged it up, pressed buttons and it would come on but after two times it would not work. I called Conn's. I spoke with everybody and the only option I was given was to come in and pay 80.00 dollars to have fixed or see if it can be repaired!!! EVERYBODY! said no to me. Warranty expired 3 months afterwards... I am watching an old TV from at least 15 years ago... I have one more payment! Do you think I should pay it out?

Original review: May 24, 2016

I like the flat screens TV of Haier. They have good resolutions at the price we paid for the TV. At Php 9,995.00 (equivalent to US$ 213.36), we get what we pay for. I also like its media player (have the USB that contains the movies and insert it to TV, and you have the USB). If you want affordable flat screen TVs, Haier is one of the brands you should consider in looking for flat screen TVs. :)

Original review: March 25, 2016

Well I caved and bought a 65" Haier from Costco and am nothing but pleased. I usually stick to LG but for 699.99 it was an amazing deal. Saying that I will be returning it due to an issue with a white spot that is centered but iI'll be re-buying the same tv due to the fact that I believe it's the tv I got not the model. I find the sound on all TVs to not be great but I also know TVs are made with focus on picture quality over sound and a soundbar is the best option and really is worth it anyway. I would definitely recommend this brand for the cost savings and to be honest TVs are marked up way more than they should just because of the name and Haier is more than great for their price points for what you get. Very happy.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2016

I wish I could give this a quarter of a star. The sound is HORRIBLE. I was told by the people from Badcock that this was an American-made TV. However, upon reading it looks like it's an Indian-made TV. I bought 2 32" TVs for Xmas for my kids and they look nice... But I was surprised by how crappy they sound. Who puts speakers on the BOTTOM of the TV? You can barely hear it when you sit in front of it but can hear it loudly in another room??? Poorly made... I wish I read up on it before the impulsive buy... BUT... I went the cheaper route since I was getting two. :( DO NOT BUY THIS TV!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

I bought a 42-inch Haier television for my son from HHgregg in February 2015. It died in December 2015. Case closed.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2015

Do not buy this tv. Total garbage. Sound is tinny and try and change the bass or treble is a joke. Made in India. That should say it all. I received mine as a birthday gift. The giver broke down and cried when we hooked it up and found out it was garbage.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2015

I bought this TV probably a year ago. Watching TV all of a sudden it went out. The Standby light keeps on flashing. Won't turn on. No display. I called tech support here in the Philippines and they can't provide any help. I tried to check it on my own and I saw some sparks at the back of the tv. No smell but it's making some weird transforming sound. I turn it upside down and saw another switch. I turn it off then on. Now it's working normal. I'm kinda skeptic if it will happen again. Hope it's just friction. Now I'm scared to turn it back on. It's working fine now but need some recommendation please. The sparking light is from the top of red and black wires.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2015

Purchased HAIER 50" LED HDTV today at Costco in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Beacon Hill branch. I was not familiar with the brand and had a hunch I should go for the LG or Samsung... But the price savings were tempting and the picture quality was only marginally inferior to the comparable and more expensive brands I just mentioned. I never considered sound quality at the store. All the tv's for obvious reasons were on mute.

When I got home and connected up the television, I was totally floored by the poor quality sound. Very tinny and any manipulation through adjustment of the Audio for Bass, Treble etc. was a joke, very very poor. Had I know this product was made in India I would not have bought it. I am returning it to the store and will be happy to pay the extra for a quality product LG or Samsung product. I guess the old adage remains true... You get what you pay for. I was lured by the low price and find myself very dissatisfied with the sound quality of what might otherwise be a marginally acceptable 'big screen' tv experience. If you're thinking of buying this TV, be sure you listen to it... Before you take it from the store.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2015

I have had this TV two months and it has went out again and now it has to be fixed again. That sucks Canon's should replace this TV.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2015

Very upset. Bought 32" TV year ago, worked OK then when I turned off TV will not come back on without having to unplug and plug back in half of the day then maybe come back on. Single father and don't have money to just go and buy TVs every year. All I can say is JUNK JUNK JUNK. DO NOT BUY A HAIER. Just another fine quality product from China. How do I tell daughters there won't be no TV until Christmas.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

I bought this television about a year ago and the sound apparently is gone on it now and I may have to replace it soon. This is a great inconvenience and expense for a person living on fix income.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2015

6 months old Haier TV just shut itself off and will not power back on. After reading other reviews now I can see I should have been to this website before I purchased. I got it cheap, so chalk it up to lesson learned. Spend a little more for a better-known brand next time. I'll try customer service but not too hopeful for any solution.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2015

2 year old 32 inch led tv. Loses picture and sound. Haier has no repair for this. I have owned other Haier products. Will steer clear of anything the Haier name on it in the future. They are not willing to lick their own wounds.

Haier TVs Company Information

www.haieramerica.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use