2. Homeowners
Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products

2.3/5 (736 ratings)

About Guardian Protection Products

Guardian Protection Products provide furniture protection that covers fabric, leather, wood, mattresses, and more. Their furniture protection products do not contain bleach, other harsh chemicals and work safely on a variety of materials.

Guardian Protection Products Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection Products, Inc?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I have filed 2 claims with Guardian after purchasing a protection plan on my sofa. The first was denied because they claimed that it was damaged during delivery which was false. They never followed up on the second claim. Do not waste your money. If there is ever a class action lawsuit... sign me up!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

Rooms to Go sold me this insurance for my furniture in case an "accident" happens, which it did. I accidentally tore my furniture while moving some bookshelves. And like all the other reviews said - they will deny it. They will ask you for additional information and then DENY your claim. Don't buy this insurance, don't waste your money!! Shame on you Rooms to Go for selling this crappy insurance.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

We purchased a dining room set from Ashley's Furniture in Albertville, MN and was sold this protection plan for about $375. As all the other reviews claim, this is a total scam and they also declined covering our damages. It's surprising that reputable retailers are selling this totally bogus product. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS INSURANCE PLAN!!! COMPLETELY FRAUDULENT COMPANY!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Purchased Denali Power Reclining Leather Sofa. Documented damage with words & video. It took them about two weeks to decide this mechanical problem was not covered. From what I can see, this is the case with all Guardian warranties. I hope others learn from all these reviews and never purchase Guardian coverage; fortunately, we paid nothing for it --- and that's exactly what it is worth.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

Will never cover your damage - STAY AWAY. These people will never cover their warranty. They look for every excuse in the book to not help. I had a valid claim but had waited more than 30 days because silly me did not want anyone to come to my house in the middle of a pandemic and they used this as an excuse to not cover the damage. I contacted BBB and opened a claim. They said they would contact me to settle it and never did. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Original review: July 20, 2021

First, Rooms to Go sells you this insurance as the best way to protect your furniture. Do not buy it!! Once you have a problem and need to make a claim, the nightmare with Guardian Protection begins. They have horrible customer service, impossible to talk to them. When you can finally make your claim, you will have to wait more than 3 weeks for someone to be assigned to your case. And the result will never cover anything because they will say you didn't mention it was accidental, even if your claim appears on your insurance coverage as it was my case. Don't buy this service, don't waste your money!!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I reluctantly purchased 5year coverage when I purchased some theater seats at Jerome's. The salesman clearly told me they cover anything that happens, rips, tears, etc. A week after they delivered the furniture, an item broke. Jeromes came out and fixed it becuase it was under warranty. They said if it happens again to call Guardian and they will cover it. Sure enough, it happened again. When I called, of course they denied the claim!! NEVER EVER EVER EVER PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM GUARDIAN!! TOTAL RIP OFF!

Original review: June 17, 2021

I bought a couch from Ashley Furniture back in December 2018; and also bought a 5 year Guardian Protection plan. The leather is peeling off the arm, so I contacted Guardian and they are saying that is an exclusion from my plan, so they won't pay. The $269.99 I paid for the plan is money down the drain. These plans are a rip off or a scam.

Original review: June 8, 2021

This is a joke of a company who just takes your money but doesn't wanna honor their contract to fix anything by claiming your accident "isn't covered under our warranty". I honestly don't know what is covered. Companies should not be offering this joke of a protection plan and their customer service is terrible. Save your money because none of your stuff will actually be protected.

Original review: May 22, 2021

If I could give this company 0 stars I would! This company simply receives all of its money from scamming paying customers. I put in a claim for my bed for "accidental damages" and they claimed that my "accident" wasn't considered an accident. The MANAGER gave me an example (after I asked what type of accident would warrant an approval) and she said "If I'm walking and trip over my cat and fall on the bed and it breaks, that's the type of accidental damage we cover." HOW BOGUS and made up is that! I explained to them that the wooden pieces (which is what they cover) broke which caused the entire bed to break, therefore allowing the screws to come out and they came with yet ANOTHER excuse as to why they "don't cover" stating that the pictures I provided weren't what they needed.

The representative was rude and the "manager" had the worst excuses and quite honestly there is no way for me to break a bed just by tripping over an animal and falling on it. All claims will be denied so don't waste your time and money purchasing this. JUST HOPE THAT YOUR PRODUCT HOLDS UP FOR MORE THAN A YEAR!! DON'T PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS "COMPANY."

Guardian Protection Products, Inc author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Guardian Protection Products was founded in 1977 and is owned by RPM International Inc., which produces specialty coatings and sealants. Guardian offers furniture protection plans in addition to several furniture protection products for consumers.

• Protection plans: Protect your indoor and/or outdoor furniture with a protection plan from Guardian. Their plans cover accidental damage, including rips, heat marks, glass breakage, dirt stains and more.

• Mattress protection: Guardian’s EveryBed mattress protectors prevent liquids and allergens from touching the mattress with their waterproof and breathable barrier. The protectors are machine washable, and they are designed to maximize the comfort and longevity of your mattress.

• Care tips: Learn how to keep your furniture looking and feeling like new by reading Guardian’s extensive care tips resource center. They have information for fabric, leather and wood furniture.

• Care products: Consumers with or without a Guardian protection plan can enjoy the cleaning power of Guardian’s care products. Their lineup includes products for fabric, leather and wood.

• Safer Choice fabric and rug cleaners: Guardian’s Safer Choice line of cleaners is made according to EPA standards and have ingredients that are less harmful to the environment than traditional cleaners.

Guardian Protection Products Company Information