4.2/5 (2298 ratings)

About Guardian Protection

Guardian Protection offers traditional home security technology and smart home features, including automated lights, locks, thermostats and garage doors. You can access these services from the Guardian app anywhere you have internet access. If an emergency happens, Guardian’s 24/7 professional monitoring center initiates responses for you.

Find Home Alarm and Security Systems partners near you

Pros

• Installation included
    • Customizable plans
    • Smart home features

Cons

• Not available nationwide
    • Early cancellation fee

Bottom Line

Guardian Protection offers customized plans for single residents, families, travelers, pet owners and others. It requires an upfront fee starting at $149 and a monthly fee starting at $45.99 per month, with installation included.

Top Guardian Protection Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Every time I've called Guardian, they've been very good. ... I've never had a system that was monitored like this. My smoke detector, CO2 detector, if I take it off the wall, it s...

Verified

I'm not gadget-fancy and it does what I need it to do... When I have interactions with their team, it's great but it is very seldom because their equipment never fails. ... Now I ...

Guardian Protection plans

Guardian Protection customizes smart home security packages based on your needs. It puts together packages based on common living situations, including:

• Bachelor(ette) Pad, built for single residents with limited needs
    • Burglar Buster, built for those concerned about recent break-ins in the area
    • Family First, built for families; allows parents to check in on their children
    • Frequent Flyer, built for those who travel often
    • Healthy (Green) Home, built for those who want an environmentally friendly home
    • Home Security Essentials, built for those who want an effective solution without extra technology
    • Pet Parent, built for pet owners who want to check in on their pets
    • Protect My Parents, built for caretakers of older residents; includes medical monitoring
    • The Works, built for those who want a thorough solution, including home security equipment and full home automation

All Guardian Protection packages include 24/7 monitoring, professional installation and app access. The most basic package from Guardian Protection includes an IQ2 touch-screen panel and home automation. It also comes with PowerG wireless intrusion technology for more secure encryption, longer range and better battery life.

Guardian Protection products

Guardian Protection offers automation, life safety and security equipment that work together with 24/7 monitoring to provide home protection. Popular equipment from Guardian Protection includes:

• Motion sensor systems
    • Glass break detectors
    • Video doorbells
    • Indoor and outdoor cameras
    • Smart garage door openers
    • Smart door locks
    • Door and window sensors

Guardian Protection installation

Guardian Protection security systems must be professionally installed. However, the company includes the installation fee in all home security packages. Guardian Protection’s technicians test your system to make sure it works properly. These installers also evaluate your property for weak security spots or areas of concern.

Guardian Protection cost

Guardian Protection’s prices vary depending on the package you choose, but its base package starts at $45.99 per month over 60 months and requires an upfront $149 for equipment.

Additionally, the company does charge certain fees, including:

• A paper statement fee of $2 per month (avoidable with setup of automatic payment)
    • A guard service fee if your municipality requires a third-party guard service
    • A service copay of $50 for service calls
    • Any time, material and non-warranty repair fees if you need a repair

Guardian Protection FAQ

Is Guardian Protection available in my state?
    Guardian Protection services are available in:
    • Austin, Texas
    • San Antonio
    • Tampa Bay area
    • Washington, D.C.
    • Youngstown, Ohio
    What do reviews say about Guardian Protection?
    Guardian Protection reviews mention Guardian’s helpful customer service, quick response times and easy-to-use equipment.
    How do you cancel Guardian Protection services?
    Contact Guardian Protection directly if you wish to cancel a Guardian Protection service contract, but be aware the company charges an early termination fee on most plans.
    Who owns Guardian Protection services?
    Guardian Protection’s parent company is Armstrong Group, which is based in Butler, Pennsylvania.

Do we recommend Guardian Protection?

Guardian Protection offers a variety of home security packages that can be customized to your home, needs and lifestyle. The company includes professional installation services with its packages, and its line of products includes smart home connectivity. Guardian Protection’s service area is limited to select parts of the U.S., however.

Guardian Protection Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Guardian Protection?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

This company is such a rip off. I got this service transferred to my name in November 2020 when I bought my home. Apparently that transfer was a 36-month commitment. I never use this service. I tried to cancel it in about April 2021 but was told I couldn't unless I paid a $750 fee. At that time, I was told that I had to pay that or just wait until the ONE YEAR contact was up. So I called today to make sure it wouldn't auto-renew. I then get told I have a 36-month commitment so I still have 25 months left. The rep again said I could pay a $750 cancellation fee. I then began asking what to do when I sell my home/PCS for the military. He said it would be installed in my next place or if I were going overseas, they would look at my orders to "possibly waive the termination fee." Possibly?!?

I've been in the military for 13 years and I've never had issues terminating service with any company when I had to PCS. I'm actually pretty sure this goes against the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act. Never, ever do business with this company. They only want your money. Absolutely garbage. I will be posting about them on every military website, blog, and social media I can so another person doesn't get ripped off.

Hi J.
    Guardian Protection takes customer service seriously and your satisfaction is our goal as we work to deliver protection and peace of mind. I understand that our customer care team contacted you on October 26 and resolved this for you. They informed me that you were satisfied and stated that you planned to update your review. We do appreciate that and thank you.
    Sincerely,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: May 15, 2021

They are affordable and responsive. When they notice that something isn't quite right they will call you to ask if things are OK. I like how easy it is to use their system and how good their customer service representatives are on the phone.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 30, 2021

Does not stay up to date. They continued to call an old phone number despite multiple notifications of a new number - this led to unnecessary police activity and fees. Has not updated system since it was installed.

Hi William,
      Thank you for being a long-time customer of Guardian Protection. We are honored to be your security partner. I apologize for any difficulty that you have encountered. If you would like to discuss updates to your system, please email me at wecare@guardianprotection.com and I will be sure and have our Loyalty Specialist call you.
      Best Regards,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: March 5, 2021

I contacted them about upgrading and monitoring my existing security system that was installed by one of their local dealers 12 years ago. I no longer want to work with that local dealer and was looking for them to help me find a new local dealer or for them to setup installation and service. They refused saying that my address/account was "owned" by the previous dealer and that they could not help me unless I went through that dealer. BEWARE! If you sign a contract with them, you may be signing it for life. It's very disappointing and seems like a terrible policy, forcing consumers to work with someone they do not feel comfortable with or finding another alternative. I will be looking elsewhere for my security system needs.

Hi Jennifer,
      I am sorry for the difficulty. I have researched your account and there appears to have been some confusion in the initial phone conversation that was held with you earlier today. Yes, we are able to, and would be happy to, assist you with your security needs. I have escalated this issue to our supervisor and you will be hearing from us within 24 to 48 hours. We will contact you at the phone number we have from your old account, however if that has changed kindly email me at wecare@guardianprotection.com.
      Sincerely,

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

Hi, In short Guardian Protection Services uses unethical tactics and is completely towards the most advantageous for their profit possible. I would highly recommend vetting them out against any other provider of this service in the following areas.

1. Contract - length of contract and how contract terms are communicated

2. Relocation policies

3. Early termination policies and renewal policies

4. Overall Costs

If you would like to know why I bring these points out please continue to read. First, the contract. I’m in a sales position and do B2B sales so I’m accustomed to contracts. Dates in the contracts are clearly seen and completely communicated. Guardian has several checkboxes for a consumer to accept - like I certify I will be home during installation, I’m the homeowner, and other non-contract like language - but then has a box for this is a 60-month term. That may be fine if you are okay with 60 months but if you are not they will still slide this paperwork in and that is deceitful. Second, relocation services - if you relocate to an area or home/apartment that can not take the services and you still have time on your contract. You will have to pay the rest of the contract out - plus early termination penalties.

Third, early termination penalties/renewal. I find these appalling and they do differ per State - as Guardian Protection Services will use to the full their advantage at a per State level. First ETP (Early Termination Penalties). So in a 60-month contract at month 58 I call and want to cancel - I’m willing to pay the $90 for the two months and walk away. No, that does not work their early termination penalties we’re over $1000.00! Next, renewal - in some States it can auto-renew for 12 months or more, and some it auto-renews for 30 days - check your State. This means you have to call in exactly 30 days before your contract expires.

Fourth, final on my list is costs. A 4G LTE connection - the type that Guardian gets costs under $5/Month. The hardware that Guardian Protection Services installs is likewise very inexpensive (and I might add we had a very bad install - the motherboard - battery, etc. is just hanging not fastened to anything). All of that is $45/Month for a base security system - two keypads - three doors - two glass breaks - smoke detectors - carbon monoxide detector - that’s it. I have 12 windows on the lower levels that have nothing. In calling in to cancel they said they could take off $5/Month. Check them out on Glassdoor as well - how do their employees like what they do and the company they work for? Stay away from this company if you can - they don’t care about you - why should you care about doing business with them?

Hi David,
      I am sorry for your frustration. We take your concerns seriously because customer satisfaction is very important to Guardian. Because Guardian makes a significant upfront investment when new electronic security hardware is professionally installed and activated in your property, the costs of such hardware are recouped by the provider over the initial contract period. This is the reason an early termination fee may apply if you wish to cancel prior to the end of the initial contract period. The contract, which complies with the laws of each state, also serves to protect both the consumer and the provider, by defining services to be provided, rates, terms, and obligations of each party. Please feel free to call us at 1-800-PROTECT (1-800-776-8328) and we will be glad to answer any additional questions that you may have.

Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

Do not use this company! I have 8 months remaining my agreement but to cancel early they want to charge me more than twice I’d pay for the remainder of the agreement. Ridiculous! I will be canceling in July and will encourage anyone that will list not to do business with them.

Hi Bernard,
      I am sorry for your frustration. I have located your account and have escalated this issue to our customer care supervisor. Please expect a callback within 24 to 48 hours. Thank you.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 25, 2020

Guardian Protection had originally installed the alarm system in this house and they were able to pick it up and go. They didn't have to drill any holes or add any extra equipment so it was easy. My biggest objection is that they're expensive. But other than that, the customer service has been real good when I called them. We had a smoke alarm go off and couldn't get it to shut off from the kitchen. They helped us do that. Also, the features of the syste are okay for what we need it. If somebody breaks down a back door, the alarm will go off and there's a motion detector in the house.

Hi David,
      Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your opinion is important and helpful. I am happy to know that our technical care and 24-hour monitoring teams have been super helpful to you in providing assistance. Trust that we will be there when you need us. Our 24-nour monitoring center never sleeps so you can. Here's to peace of mind! Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I've been with Guardian for several years now. They've done very well. Whenever I have a problem, I can get ahold of somebody fairly easily. They don't have a very automated system, so when you call them, you can get ahold of an actual person. The only thing that I ever had a gripe about really is scheduling service, trying to get somebody to come to the house. Sometimes, it's a couple of weeks out. Other than that, everything has been fine.

Whenever I have an alarm, they're on top of it. They’re always there when I need them. Their response time is excellent. When I have an alarm, they call me within 10 seconds. That's the most important thing to me. They also don't bother me with unwanted things or try to push extra things on me randomly, like with calls. If I had any type of suggestion, it might be a little bit more awareness with the product, possibly having an ability to update this system after a period of years. I recommended them to my brother, who lives in the area. He ended up going with them as well.

Hi George,
      Thank you for being a long-time Guardian customer. We are honored to be your security partner and equally so to be the security systems company that you recommended to your brother. I am happy to hear that you have found Guardian to deliver to your satisfaction - especially in the all-important function of rapid response to your alarm system's signals. Our 24-hour monitoring center never sleeps so that you can have the peace of mind that you deserve. I do appreciate your patience with us in the area of scheduling service. We have experienced some backlog due to the pandemic. As a matter of routine, we generally offer low cost upgrades to our customers' systems in return for an extension of the term of the monitoring agreement. You may want to check with our customer care team about this. They work extended hours and are here Sunday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST and can be reached by calling 1-800-PROTECT (800-776-8328). Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection and for taking the time to provide us insightful and helpful comments. It is greatly appreciated.

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

Every contact to Guardian has been more than satisfactory. About three weeks ago, something went goofy with the system. One of the contacts got knocked off when they were painting. I couldn't arm my system at all. They told me, until they could get here, how to bypass it. I had never used the bypass, and I really liked the idea that even though one thing was broken, the rest of them worked.

I feel much better having Guardian. When we got it, my husband traveled a lot and my kids had finally grown up and left home. So, all of a sudden, I was alone. I had a cat who made too damn much noise in the middle of the night and scared the hell outta me. So, we got this so I’d quit jumping out of bed thinking I'm gonna die. I remember being told after I had the system quite a while that if I blew it, which we did more than once, and set the alarm off, I could put the code in twice, and they wouldn't have to call me. I like that. I would choose Guardian again if I were starting over. They're accommodating and they're not pushy.

Hi Marry-lou,
      Thank you for being a long-time Guardian customer. We are honored to serve you. Your review gave us a chuckle. Cats. Gotta love 'em! At the heart of it all is that you can trust your home's Guardian system and experience peace of mind each and every night thanks to the Guardian monitoring center - they never sleep and are always on duty to help you. I am happy to know that through the years, our care teams have been able to provide you service, advice, workarounds when a sensor comes down and an all-around five-star journey in security. Thank you so much for taking the time to connect with us. We appreciate it. And of course, we'll be there when you need us. Life is better when it's safe!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

When we moved into the condo, Guardian was the company who was doing the new condos that were being built so we decided to go with them. It was great with their rep during our initial contact. He asked questions, we told him what we were looking for, and he told us what was available. And they're very good about responding. If I have any problems, I call them and if they're not available, they get back to me. If not, I call back and they respond right away.

Hi Sandra,
      I see that you reviewed Guardian Protection on October 12. I am just now receiving your review from the people at the Consumer Affairs website. I want to thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience with us. Our sales, care, monitoring, and technical teams love what they do and it is very rewarding to hear that you find them to be highly responsive. Trust that we are always here for you. Thank you for choosing Guardian Protection. Life is better when it's safe!

Customer Satisfaction Advocate

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Home Security partner.

Guardian Protection Company Information