Find an Air Conditioners partner

3. Air Conditioners

3.7/5 (259 ratings)
Find an Air Conditioners partner
Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

About Goodman Manufacturing

Banner image

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I bought a Goodman heat pump model GsZ160361bd, serial no 1903096018 brand new and had it installed by a “license technician“. The unit broke in less than 18 months and required repairs that cost me approximately $1600 in labor. The part were covered by the manufacturer. But no customer should have to spend that much money on a heat pump that was purchased new. I believe Goodman Manufacturing has junk heat pumps and I recommend anyone looking to buy a new unit to look at the other manufacturer. Also make sure it is a sister brand name to Goodman. The customer support is of no use to the customer who purchased their product. All you get is scripted reply to call a license contract to fix their junk product! At your own cost! This is a real experience. Do not buy!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

AC coil failed just after warranty expired. Could not be repaired and needed to be replaced - cost $1,800. These major AC components should last 15-20 years. Initially, Goodman agreed to investigate but, after sending them my info as requested, they never responded. Contacted them again 2 months later and customer service was non-existent. In fact, it's almost like they transferred the CS to another firm. Email responses didn't even make sense. Filed formal complaint with BBB and company's response was no better. I have had other situations where an item fails right after warranty expires and many companies will take the moral high ground and offer some restitution or even honor the original expired warranty. Apparently Goodman just doesn't care about anything.

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

After 3 years in a New Build, our unit starts to malfunction in the middle of an Arizona Summer!!! No one can service the unit because of a lock placed onto the unit which no one appears to have a key. A call to Goodman revealed that few have the key and the service needs to purchase the key from a "distributor"! In the meantime, we are burning up in 100+ degree heat. New Unit, key That no one has, and purchase key from someone of their choosing? ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!

Original review: July 19, 2021

I live in the NW and had my old unit replaced 6-2020 with a Goodman unit. The unit ran fine but was air only we have gas heat. So that said it only ran for app. 20 day in 2020. This year as temperatures rose in late June it started running for an additional 7 day then died completely by July 16th. That means this unit actually only lasted new for 37 days of A/C service. If it was a heat pump unit delivering heat that would have likely only lasted 1 month. That cost over 2500.00 for one months usage! No one wants to work on it. Just charge over 200.00 to diagnose the compressor is junk. We are left to suit the dealer who claimed 12 year parts & service extended Warranty on our contract in writing, and buy a real A/C unit that will last.

Over 30 days usage. At my last home I sold in 2017 we put in a unit in 1997 upon our purchasing the home. It was a heat pump running all summer & winter. When we sold the home it still ran flawlessly 20 years later! Goodman should cease selling such cheap, undependable garbage to unsuspecting customer by shady dealers.

Original review: July 18, 2021

We built our house in 2013 and replaced the compressor 5 times in 8 yrs. We now changed brands and completely changed everything, compressor, air handler, etc. Our builder was kind enough to replace until we changed brands. Cost us over 4k.

Original review: July 8, 2021

Purchased GSXC16 system in 2019 and worked well for 2 years, then the unit would not turn on the compressor once or sometimes twice a day. The installer has spent many hours on the phone with Goodman tech people to no avail. He has also replaced almost everything that can be replaced. When I called Goodman after 2 months of this they said, "Sorry your installer has to contact our technical rep for help." When I told them he had already spent many hours on the phone with them, their answer was, "That is all we all we can do for you." They just don't care.

Original review: July 1, 2021

8 year unit, installed in a new house in 2013, Houston TX. 5 Ton. The coil was broken in 2017, had to replace it. This year 2021 the condenser had leaks EVERYWHERE! This was installed in a new built home. My husband passed away suddenly 2 days before the day of the closing back in 2013, and I had no time or clear head to learn about warranties. The crooked contractor never registered the unit under my name, and therefore when it broke this year I could not claim any warranty. Laws in Texas only benefit corporations but not the individuals. The manufacturers will give better price to contractors with licenses, and higher prices to home owners.

If you own your house, make sure you register any device you buy under your name, specially if you are a lady, try to avoid service companies to buy devices. Most contractors (installers, distributors, repair companies) in Texas are vultures, awful rats, they will take your money and never disclose the real price they get from manufacturers. Goodman ethics sucks, same as the contractor JDS (David Sanabria) in Houston. For HVAC units save yourself aggravation and pain: Go with RHEEM, Bryant or Carrier.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Similar to others on only the first page of the reviews. Goodman unit has broken 8 times in two years and Goodman reps will not respond to requests to investigate the unit. Service by Aire Serve. Garbage company and garbage unit. They take a month to fix it each time, and right now we are two months without AC in the muggy southeastern summer. No empathy from the manufacturer or the servicer. STAY AWAY!

Original review: June 16, 2021

Ever since Goodman HVAC was installed a year & a half ago, it has never worked correctly. It blows cold air in the winter and warm air in the summer. It runs constantly when it's hot trying to keep up but it can't. The company who installed it has checked it several times & always come up with an excuse and/or says it's working as it should. Don't waste your money.

Original review: June 15, 2021

9 year old 4 ton AC unit compressor QUIT DEAD. I have a 22 year old 2.5 ton unit working perfectly on the Addition part of house working fine. Bryant AC. My brother also installed a Goodman 9 years ago and his unit failed too a year ago. 8-9 years is not acceptable.

Goodman Manufacturing author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

Goodman Manufacturing Company Information