2. Homeowners
  3. Air Conditioners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.26/5

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Need help with an HVAC system?

Get connected with a professional near you on HomeAdvisor

Find Pros Now

Goodman Manufacturing Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goodman Manufacturing?

Original review: June 14, 2020

We've been pleased with our Goodman heat and air units, at 16 years old both air and heat run efficiently. We have maintained them by having a professional come in, replace any parts needed, tweak the units. We keep the filters changed about 4 times a year. Before we turn on the A/C we clean the outside unit of any debris, our HVAC tech also cleans it. Overall we are pleased.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Please don't think that because I only gave 4 stars for this company that they aren't worth looking into. Purchasing this unit was in my opinion a really great buy. The price was 30-60% less than the "Brand Names" - My unit cost ~$3,200 (a 5 Ton heat pump package unit with additional electric heat & new programmable thermostat) plus an additional $500 for final install - to get warranty activated. It's been working around 11 months and we've had No problems whatsoever. I would recommend this Brand!

Get buying tips about Air Conditioners delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2020

Two years ago, I purchased a new Goodman HVAC system for my 1450 sq ft condo. Installation was neat and clean, and complete within five days. First summer I didn’t suffer from the heat and humidity. Never did I have to touch controls, just set the thermostat at my desired temperature and it would turn on and off without my help. Same in winter. I purchased the service maintenance plan, so every change of season company comes and checks out equipment, changes filter and makes sure I’m ready to go. I know Trane is the best, but also cost the most. I’m happy and price was right.

Original review: June 10, 2020

So far my Goodman unit has worked great. I had to get a capacitor changed out but other than that it's been great. I've had my unit for 2 years now. I like the compressor has a lifetime warranty as it's the most expensive part. All other parts have a 15 year warranty on it.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Reasonable price for a good quality and energy efficient unit that works great! I was leery when the a/c people recommended Goodman as I was not familiar with the brand. However I decided to give it a try as they highly recommended it and being they live on the same street as I do I figured they would probably steer me in the right direction. Am glad I went with it. The unit is quiet and a strong workhorse that cools and heats the house in minutes. Our electric bill went down and we are very pleased with the results. Good warranty on the compressor for 10 years.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Since March 2020 the following parts failed in our four-ton unit and had to be replaced. One new compressor to replace the original part that comes with the box.

Two air handler fans. One to replace the original comes with the box and a second to replace the first replacement. Three main CPU logic boards. One to replace the one that comes with the box and the others to replace the replacement parts. The company we purchased the A/C units from has been very, very helpful and should get five stars out of five for the efforts put into making this right. The smaller, 2 1/2 ton unit that was purchased and installed at the same time has had no issues.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I bought a house in April 2019. The house has been remodeled including a new a/c unit which the guy who flipped the house Installed. Goodman has not worked with me on warranty. I have replaced the capacitor 2x in 5 months for a 2018 a/c unit.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2020

Due to a manufactured defect, all the refrigerant leaked out of my system. I have a 10-year parts warranty, but due to the fact that it's a manufacturing defect, there are no replacement parts to fix the problem. It cost me over a grand to diagnose and fix the problem and Goodman refuses to make any monetary resolution. Low-grade design, inferior quality control process leads to appliance failure. And Goodman's response is "O'well these things happen". Thanks for nothing, you get what you pay for. Don't buy this product unless you do a pre-inspection of the interior build quality of the outside unit. There are multiple reviews on this site, of the exact same problem. One example is Keith of Hartselle, AL.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2020

My first unit failed completely, had a Goodman rep come out to aid in the replacement, leaks everywhere, from the install and from factory connections. Today because one copper pipe was bent around the other 600 dollars in freon alone. DO NOT BUY GOODMAN PRODUCTS OR FROM MPE SERVICES IN NORTH ALABAMA.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

After 5 years we change two condenser unit and two coil. After 1 year we change condenser unit and coil again. Compressor go bet and coil leaks again. If You want save many never use Goodman products!

Goodman Manufacturing author review by ConsumerAffairs

Goodman Manufacturing has been building air conditioning and heating equipment since 1982. The units are sold to homeowners by independent contractors across the country. As a member of the Daikin Group, they also sell Daikin HVAC systems commercially.

• Affordable: One of Harold Goodman’s priorities was to offer reliable heating and cooling solutions that were affordable for everyone. To that end, Goodman has spent the past three decades focused on manufacturing products that are reliable and dependable instead of spending their money on expensive marketing campaigns.

• Financing: Goodman offers several financing options for consumers with good credit to make their home comfort system more affordable. Financing options include low monthly payments, low-interest rates and no down payment.

• Online energy calculator: Using your address to calculate average weather, fuel types and seasonal energy usage, Goodman’s online energy calculator helps you find your ideal air conditioning system.

• Ductless and central: Goodman offers both central and ductless air conditioning, making them a great option for homeowners with medium to large sized homes with or without ductwork in place.

• State rebates and incentives database: Use the interactive map on Goodman’s website to find out what rebates and incentives are current in your state.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team