Glade Scented Oil Warmer

Compare Household Cleaning Products

Research top Household Cleaning Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Just wish I could find more of them at stores. I love using the wax cubes passion vanilla but I can't find them at Walmart or Dollar General and when I can find them I only find one card with 6 cubes in it. I would really love it if Glade would make a tub of the wax melt cubes with a handle on it. Just think about it I would be so happy.

I bought 3 Glade plugins. I had one in my hallway, bedroom and bathroom. I don't know why but there is a hole in the bottom and it leaked out everywhere! It caused my vinyl floor to bubble and blister, the baseboard is warped now. The one in the bathroom leaked all over my contact boxes. I'm glad I saw it when I did because it probably would have ate through the boxes. I'm very disappointed in this product. They need to fix it and the price is not cheap.

I bought a couple of Glade PlugIns for my new apartment a couple weeks ago. I had one plugged into an outlet in the bathroom which was fine for a couple weeks. One day I could smell it really strong and went into the bathroom to discover it had leaked and had eaten through the paint and varnish on my counter top. Fortunately my insurance will cover it but it will cost me as I have a deductible. I will never use a Glade PlugIn again as I simply cannot afford to.

I am extremely disappointed in the Glade plug in. I unplugged it and placed in on my dining room table and it spilled. I immediately wiped it off the table. The small amount that spilled ate through the coating and ruining the table top. What in the world is in your plug in that is strong enough to strip a surface?

I bought the scented warmer over 3 wks ago and yesterday I smelt something burning. Checked my stove and it was off. Then I realized the burning smell was coming from the warmer so I unplugged it and noticed that the oil had turn orange/brown when it was originally yellow. Good thing I found the culprit before going to sleep. Bad thing is the outlet is ruin.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Glade?

I bought 4 of them and plugged them in at various places in my home. All 4 leaked and yes I bought the Glade Oil, not the cheap brand that Walmart sells. The paint on my walls and baseboards have come off due to the leaks. I have now unplugged all. I am very disappointed in this product. I spent at least 20 dollars or more to give my home a nice smell. Never ever again. Just paid last year over $3,000 to have my downstairs painted and now some of the areas are ruined.

The plugin was way too strong for my son's room, so I unplugged it and Sat it upright on the top of his chest of drawers. Later that evening I saw a white film and the chemicals had completely eaten through the top of his dresser and went straight through to the wood. It is ruined. There is no warning on the product and I had no reason to think this could happen. I am assuming we will have to engage in litigation.

First I'd like to say that I've been using this product for a number of years without incident. Around 4 AM on November 25, 2016 I was awaken by the faint smell of burning plastic. I checked the house and didn't find anything so I went back to bed. The next night/morning around the same time I was awaken again by the faint smell of burning plastic. Again I searched the house and couldn't find anything. On November 28, 2016 after arriving home from work, the same scent of burning plastic was noticeable. As I walked in the hallway towards the bedroom I just happen to glance down and noticed the outlet. As I looked closer I noticed that there was a scorch mark on the wall at the outlet and that it had begun to melt. I immediately unplugged it, and it felt warm and concluded that this was the cause of the smell that I had awakened me those two nights/mornings.

Now this may just be a fluke because I have others installed and there hasn't been any issues, and I know that there are erroneous reports circulating the net but this incident actually happened. I have attached two photos for you to review. BTW, prior to this happening I used this outlet when I vacuumed my home and it worked without any problems.

Just an FYI, my cat is very allergic to the Glade PlugIns Oil Warmers. He had a chronic upper respiratory Infection, that wasn't clearing up with repeated rounds of antibiotics. Finally, after some experimenting, I unplugged my warmers (3) and within days he was better. No more sneezing, wheezing, congestion, and watery eyes. Then to test the theory even further, a few days later, I plugged them all back in and he started sneezing again within the hour, and was full-blown, congested with watery eyes by the end of the day. Unplugged them all again and he was totally clear again within 48 hours.

My other cat was fine and has no reaction to the plugins. After spending hundreds at the vet with no improvement, this turned out to be the problem. So if anyone has a sick cat (or dog), try unplugging your oil warmers first before spending a ton at the vet. I wish I did. My only complaint about the warmers (the allergic cat is certainly not the company's fault) is that the plugin itself seems to stop working after about 4 plugin refills are put in. I wish they lasted a little longer.

Glade Scented car freshener damage the plastic around my radio. I hanged the freshener around the radio knob and touching the plastic, it damaged the base. The dealership can replace the base, however, for $500. I need to contact Glade to pay for the repair. I'm taking this to small claims court, if I have to.

I have used these plugins for years and just recently had an issue with one of my outlets (which was specifically used for the plugin). It kept tripping my breaker. Couldn't figure why until I unplugged the freshener and light came on... pulled plug out and wires were burnt and to replace wiring and new outlet. Please beware of these. I sure would have never thought of this happening.

We purchased the Linen Scent Glade PlugIns. Soon after use, my baby started getting hives. I also started getting a headache and my skin was itchy. These things are full of chemicals and completely unsafe to be breathing. I have thrown them in the trash but now this stuff is all in my air vents and has covered every surface, so when the baby crawls around or touches anything she gets hives. I am very disappointed the product and worried about the baby.

We now have 2 spots on our newly installed vinyl flooring that have bubbled and blistered directly under Glade plugins that have leaked onto the floor.

Glade lavender and vanilla plug in - Love the scent but even on the low setting, it does not last as long as other brands. Too expensive to use. Not worth the cost. Air wick last much longer.

I have used these for a few years. Mostly my experience has been good. However, I do not use the clean linen scent. It smells like chemicals and gives me a headache. I have really enjoy both balsam & fir and mixed berries. That said, my last 2 purchases have been disappointing. I use a dozen of these on our first floor. Recently the scents have been unnoticeable. Even on full strength it is barely noticeable. Either I'm going nuts or they have greatly reduced the scent. They are rather expensive and yet had been a decent value. Now, not so much.

We purchased 2 plug in Glade air fresheners. After plugging them in they both leaked and damaged our laminate floors... Not happy!

I had purchased an Air Wick product (snuggle scented oil). Brand new from Home Depot, I placed it on my laptop, without opening the packaging as I did not yet need to use it. So as it was laying on top of my laptop the CLOSED packaged and CLOSED container of Air Wick scented oil leaked on my laptop cover and damaged the entire thing! Clearly this is a product liability issue on your behalf, on defective packaging of products which leaks without the consumer even opening the packaging. Due to the defective packaging my laptop case was ruined which is a direct causation of Air Wick defective packaging of their products. After further inspecting the writing on the package nowhere does it warn consumer of such damages occurring pre-unwrapping packaging.

I purchased a new house and what better way than to make it smell good than Glade plug ins I thought but I noticed my son kept complaining about headaches and sneezing 20-39 times a day and my daughter who has allergies kept getting sick. Then I noticed on 05-03-2016 I refilled them all and I kept coughing. Something is not right. I took them all out of the house and let the house air out. We will see.

This product is extremely high on chemicals. It was actually giving my son a headache so he unplugged it and set it on my table, on top of the tablecloth. I noticed the stain on the tablecloth and it was literally stuck to the table and under it my beautiful new dining room table was totally ruined! There was a sticky halo around the spots where the finish was gone. We do not even know how to restore it ourselves or if it can be fixed. This is unacceptable, there should be a huge warning in red letters regarding such an issue. I am highly upset and believe the company should be held responsible for such damage.

This product gives me a POUNDING headache and completely destroyed an extremely expensive dresser I had literally just bought. If it's strong enough to strip the wood and paint right off a piece of high quality pine furniture, what is it doing to your lungs? This company should pay for my dresser repair.

I used this in my apartment in the late summer/early fall of 2014. As soon as I started using it, I began to get very sick with problems breathing. I developed bronchitis and my health began to suffer. Fast forward to 2016 and I am still getting sick from this product. The chemicals in this garbage are embedded into the heater in this apartment so whenever the heat is high, it reheats those chemicals and I get sick again. I've had repeated trouble with my lungs and breathing ever since I bought and used this product.

This was one of the worst mistakes I've ever made in my life. I am sick, I am stuck in this apartment, and I have to breathe in these horrible chemicals on a daily basis. This stuff should not be on the market. It's absolutely poisonous to people. Whether you know it or not, it's been said to cause cancer. Well if I end up dying prematurely of lung cancer, you will know that this stuff killed me.

I cannot say with 100% certainty that this product is what made my children sick, however, they weren't sick before we used these and they haven't been sick since we removed them. My 4 year old son was having the issue of sneezing 10-20 times in a row and then vomiting almost every night after we started using these. And my 8 year old daughter would feel nauseous in the morning before school, vomit, and then be fine while at school. As I said, I can't be 100% sure it was this product, but my children have been fine since we discontinued use and I will not be using them again. Ever.

Please contact me at ** asap. Same experience -- have photos and samples of fluid that overflowed causing damage below 4 outlets. Contacted Manufacturer of Smart Sense refills -- My decision to send items to them for testing -- rude -- refused to test items. Contacted SC Johnson -- rep. name was Kim -- evasive and nervous -- yes this is VERY sketchy. SHE WAS VERY NERVOUS -- REFUSED TO GIVE ME AN EMPLOYEE NUMBER/HER LAST NAME/AN EXTENSION she could be reached at. Stated, "I am the only and best person to deal with."

Overflow from units burned through 2 of my hardwood floors -- my kitchen floor -- and saturated toilet tissue directly below outlet. Thought damage was from the Smart Sense refill (purchased at Kmart) that I used with Glade PlugIn unit -- above referenced SC Johnson employee "Glade had no idea that Smart Sense refills labeled CLEARLY SAFE TO USE WITH GLADE PLUGIN." My damages significant -- have photos -- please contact me at **. Please -- somebody can and will get injured.

I have a glade plugins warmer, the one that accommodates two different oils at the same time. I recently purchase some new refills. My husband came home one evening and said the smell was giving him a headache so he unplugged it and place it on the dresser. The next morning I woke up, the the oils leaked on top of the dresser and ruined a very large area.

I used the plug in Vanilla Passion Fruit and when the holder was turned down, it ended up dripping on the floor and ruined the linoleum. The fluid actually ate right through the linoleum. The fluid used for the scent must be very, very acidy! There should be a warning issued to other users so that they do not experience the same problem.

This product was used in a house I rented for a long weekend. It made me sick, nauseated and dizzy. I had to remove it from the house. Several previous reviewers have commented that it will take the finish off your furniture. Why do people think it's OK to breathe this stuff?

I used Air Wick plug in scented oil in my apartment. It leaked on the floor causing the vinyl flooring to blister and bubble. Now I must pay for the repairs. I plugged it in according to the instructions. This is a very poor product and could even be dangerous.

I'm a 62 year old male that is in Direct Sales to small businesses. I get very ill when I get exposed to Electric Plug-in Air Fresheners. I get a terrible headache that can last several days. I fight through it by going to work everyday but feeling very very sick. My problem is you cannot avoid exposure to these products unless you were to lock yourself in your own home. These products are being used all over the place. There is not any medicine or nasal sprays that provide any relief to these types of chemical exposures. I have suffered for over 20 years with these products. I think these products are extremely dangerous to our health and should be banned. I have no other health problems other than the reaction to these chemical products.

A plugin leaked in two spots on my expensive wood dining room table. It's destroyed. I had no idea the chemicals destroy paint. I would never have bought them. I'll call Johnson & Johnson. I need my table replaced or I will file a lawsuit.

Your package said the product would last sixty days. I purchase 6 plug ins on Aug 12, 2015 and had it set on the low setting and by Aug 28 they were Empty. So I think there's something wrong with that. I've used other plug ins before and they never ran out like that. So I feel you should make it right. I love the smell but it's just not what you advertise and if you don't change something I will never buy your product again.

Glade Scented Oil Warmer Company Profile