This company is not yet accredited. To learn more, see reviews below or submit your own.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
The Glade cinnamon plugin scent gets on my hair, clothing and permeates onto everything. Even when I go into my friends' and family's home the scent rubs off onto their furniture. My mother had an asthma attack. She could not get the scent out of her house. This stuff is dangerous. It should be banned from the market.
GLADE PLUG IN GAVE ME A SERIOUS HEADACHE. Be careful with these plug in scents! I woke up with headaches, feeling nauseous, etc. Bought another scent. Figure the 1st was no good! Even worse! Strong, more headaches!! I tried leaving Bath & Body to save money. Whew you get what you pay for! Never again. They smell horrible. Nothing like the spray. Made me so sick. Waste of money!
I cannot seem to avoid going into areas where people use this product, and it causes severe asthma and wheezing for me which lasts for days. I really wish they were safer for people with respiratory issues, especially since they are everywhere. All it takes is a few minutes in a room with this product for my airways to begin closing.
I used to buy this product all the time, and was loving the vanilla smell— until I got sick. Now if I walk into a room with any Glade products, I get a headache of immense proportions. Puts me in bed for days. I can’t believe this product has not been tested for safety around babies, the elderly or immune compromised. There’s some nasty chemicals in it. That’s for sure.
These plugins should be taken off the market. They are very dangerous. I had one plugged into an outlet. It was installed in the correct position with the stem up. It leaked and dripped down the wall eating right through the paint. I even purchased another plug in thinking the one I had was defective. Nope, same thing happened after a few days. It dripped down the wall again. I’m just glad it didn’t cause a fire or electrical short because the outlet was wet with oil also. Do not buy this product!
- 1,939,454 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
Approximately later December 2018 I bought a Glade plug in and lavender as the smell. I never really noticed anything at first... We would unplug and then plug in randomly. Then one day I purchased a Christmas Pine scent - I bought it January 25th - plugged it in that evening in the kitchen - it was too strong so I took and used in my room. Then suddenly my throat started getting sore. Within 24 hours I had 5 birds die from it. After doing research I found out just how dangerous they are. These should not be allowed to be sold!!! If they are that bad for birds and animals why are they allowed to be sold!!! Word of caution - avoid these at all cost!!!
I had 3 plugins. Each plugin has melted my outlets. All were being used correctly. We even changed 1 of the plugs that was more eye level. With in 2 weeks it also was melted. This is a dangerous product.
I purchased a pack of the Cozy Autumn Cuddle and when first put in and plugged in the aroma was fantastic and widespread. So I went out and bought more. A lot more. Now the new ones I bought aren't even smelling when put in and the one that was has long lost its scent and the thing is half full? I started wondering if I had an electrical issue but did not. So these things - about 4 are just sitting on some walls doing nothing. What's up with these things? What a waste of money. They ain't cheap! There must be something better than these out there?
Okay, wow. First of all, a bunch of the reviews here, hilarious. They were plugging their warmer in upside down. What do you think would happen? It's a wick... it's gonna leak oil if you have it upside down. Maybe read the directions/have some common sense next time. As for my experience: Some of the scents I found decently pleasant. Can be strong in non ventilated areas, but you can adjust the knob (small dots mean less fragrance, big dots means more fragrance), or just, you know, run a fan and open a window or two. My only issues involve questions about the chemical makeup of the "essential oils" and the fact that my warmer doesn't really warm the oil and disperse it very well after 3 months of use. That and the potential electrical/melting warming problems. Seems just as dangerous as a candle. Cost effectiveness is on par with other scented warmer oils. My recommendation would be a nonelectric - passive scent thing.
I had 3 warmers plugged in several rooms in my house. Every warmer started leaking oil and totally stripped the finish of the baseboards and floor. A small amount dripped onto my end table and within minutes totally dissolved the finish. This is a very poorly designed product and should come with a warning about how caustic the oil is if it comes in contact with wood, vinyl, painted surfaces. I would never recommend this product to anyone.
Glade Scented Oil Warmer Company Information
- Company Name: