Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes
4.22/5

GetSafe

GetSafe provides customers with professional security for their home, belongings and themselves. GetSafe offers 24/7 monitoring with the ability to control the security system through a user-friendly app. Our easy-to-use system was designed for a quick set up without having to hire a professional. GetSafe’s security system does not require a contract and gives the customer flexibility to move if needed. Call today to learn more!

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GetSafe Reviews

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I purchased and installed the GetSafe home security system about 9 months ago. My home is single story and about 1700 square feet. The basic system includes a smart hub, siren, door switches, motion sensors and key fob. I would give the basic system a 5 star rating since it has worked very well. The app is also easy to use. I also purchased the Z-wave adaptor, three dimmable switches and a wall switch. The Z-wave adaptor wireless signal does not reach as far as the smart hub, so I had to order a Z-wave extender. The Z-wave adaptor failed last month and GetSafe provided me with a new one at no cost. The Z-wave part of the system is now working again. I gave an overall rating of 4 stars because the Z-wave part of the system is not as reliable as the basic system. Customer service has been great.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Please don't buy. They cheat with customer. Ask you to support but when you purchased they will trust you in good manner. After don't bother to pick your call. Cheap service. Don't buy. Go with some good brand...

Get expert buying tips about Home Automation Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Pros: Does what a security company should, when it works, you don't have to think about it. Cons: The app regularly takes FOREVER to load, I have been "trapped" in my house in the morning because I couldn't get the app to do anything and could not disarm the alarm. Then I am inconvenienced when I have to stop what I'm doing to wait for them to call or I call them to sort out that it was a false alarm when I finally open the door to get out and the alarm goes off. There is the 3G sim card that they claim is the backup in case your internet goes out, but mine hasn't worked for weeks and I can't get someone on the phone to talk to me to get it fixed.

Unfortunately, my internet has been out since yesterday and I am in the process of getting it repaired but ever since it went out and I open the GetSafe app, it says, "Can't connect to your hub. Check the hub and its connection or contact support." Done and done. Their website states, "Reach us through your favorite channel - whether Facebook (link provided), Twitter (link provided) email (NO LINK PROVIDED) or chat (AGAIN NO LINK PROVIDED). You can even call us. (When I called customer service, a recording tells you to press 1 for inquiries about new service, 2 if you already have service. I pressed 2 and was immediately taken to voicemail.) Whatever works best for you." Hmm... Kinda seems like in reality it's "what works best for" THEM.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

Purchased a security system after looking at several companies. The person who took the order was amazing and helpful to the point of opening a boxed camera to tell me how large the plug ends of cords are. After that, went downhill. Could not get glass break sensors or cameras to connect to the system. And guess what, customer service for installation is not open during hours when normal shifts are home from work to get help. When I called customer service from work during lunch hour, spent the entire hour on hold and never connected with anyone. The cameras are also terrible quality, 2 megapixel and are available on Amazon for $40 less. Also found out there are two newer generations of cameras by same company that are also cheaper than what GetSafe charges for the older models.

Returned the system and was not credited with a refund until I called and inquired why I was not getting credit. Was also charged for a monitoring fee after I canceled and sent the system back. Removing the motion sensor and alarm from walls tore paint and drywall as well, 1 day after installing. Ever heard of 3M? Look into it. Command Strips. Cannot recommend a company that spends more money on people trying to sell you equipment than they have to help you install it.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

So have had the system for a little over a month now and while it starts off okay (I mean I did have issues right out of the box) it was just downhill from that point. So first I installed everything per the instructions, then I had issues with the door connectors (Called support and got that fixed), second I had issues with the Wave connector (called support and got that fixed), then recently now I am having issues with the app (called support and not fixed, after they told me they would call me back on Monday. Still have not called and it is Thursday). Now as I write this review nothing works, app stopped working and says "connection lost", support was worthless on this issue. So now I have a system that is not usable and junk! Even though ADT is expense for a system at least they can fix their stuff fast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GetSafe ?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

My system wasn't functional for a couple of days because something had been hit by accident. I called and got Courtney (in the main office,) and she had me all fixed up in minutes! She is so professional, courteous and customer oriented. It's a pleasure working with her. Also Ana has helped me on numerous occasions explaining the products to me. She is beyond courteous and extremely customer oriented. I think she and Courtney deserve a raise or a gift card because they not only do their jobs, they actually keep people safe! Because making sure the customer knows how to operate the security is key to their safety. I think Austin ** should be applauded because he is extremely helpful, courteous and extends himself to the customers. I feel safe knowing people like these are available if I need them.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I looked at several security systems and researched online with review sites and decided on GetSafe. The contact is reasonable. The set up is easy and the customer service is great. I cannot say anything about other systems because I have never tried anything else. But this system is advanced, up to date and user friendly and exactly what I needed. No long term commitment, monitoring is very good and they call within seconds of us forgetting it was on and opening a door by mistake.

Original review: June 7, 2017

The products were fine for a small apartment. Upon moving to a 3 level house their equipment was not functional even with an extender and Z-Wave adapter (all of which were really expensive). They hook you in with the start-up package. What they then bank on is you keep adding to your security network. The basic start-up package covers 1 door and motion sensor, hub and siren. That's fine for a small one door apartment. However, if you move and get more than one door and windows and need another motion sensor and siren (which you will need, they are not that loud), all items are not cheap. After a few orders, you've now spent over $600. Once you get into a bigger area they then say you need the range extender which I got. It did not work. The directions showed I was missing a vital part to make it work.

The app on the phone where you can arm and disarm your system was a great selling point however the app itself kept not connecting to the internet and at one point, even after resetting and troubleshooting it would not connect at all. I had to go into my apartment, let the alarm sound then call the help desk who turned the siren off but could not disarm so while they figured out the problem (which they never did understand what happened), my system was still active with no way to disarm.

They kept pushing for me to buy the key fob so if there were problems with the app, I'd have that. My question is why push it so hard if you sell the system on the app - then encourage people to buy the fobs. That seems like they know something is wrong with their app. The problem with the fob is the buttons are not protected so while carrying it or having it in your purse it will arm and disarm at will and unless you're checking your e-mail, you don't know it's armed and you enter thinking you've disarmed it.

They also changed the app. Previously I could set the e-mail alerts to be notified if there was a problem or every time it was armed/disarmed. They changed the app so now if I want ANY notices, I have to accept all. I cannot separate them. If I want the 'there's a problem' e-mail, I must now also get the arm/disarm e-mails. So while moving, I had over 400 e-mails in 2 days because every time the motion detector got bumped it sent an alert. The service neglected to suggest I turn off all alerts for the move (they knew I was moving, not just testing).

I also gave them my new address 3 times. After I moved, when I called to extend the test period, they still had my old address. Lastly, when I canceled, they had just billed me for the next month's service. When I asked if they'd refund they said no refunds - even though none of that month was going to be monitored since I canceled their service (side note, after sending a complaint to them, they agreed to refund that). The extra two sided sticky tape they give you does not work so once you've put something up - LEAVE IT or get your own strong 2 sided tape. All in all, the idea is great but the products still have a long way to go to be functional for anything larger than a small home. They need to work on the design of their products and they need to stop changing the app so that it's less user-friendly.

GetSafe response

Hi Angela – Thank you for you feedback. We are sorry to hear about the trouble you had with the system and we certainly understand your frustration. Our Tech Support team is available to assist customers with any and all issues, just like the ones you were experiencing. It does not appear that you called in regarding these issues for us to help. We highly encourage our customers to give us a call so we can do our best to provide a positive solution. The Keyfob is more of a safeguard against people forgetting their phone, their phone battery dying, or not having internet connection. Those things happen, so a Keyfob is a great backup, but we welcome our customers to purchase what they will need. We will never push to sell products that will not be helpful to the customer and the safety of their home. We truly appreciate your feedback and will be sure to take it into consideration when improving our products and services. Thank you, GetSafe

Original review: March 9, 2017

GetSafe has been wonderful to me and my family since we've installed our system last month. We've never had home security before. So as we get used to it, we've tripped quite a few false alarms. The staff at GetSafe's monitoring center is lightning fast in their response to every alarm and they've been so supportive and patient while we're learning how to live with our new security system. At the customer support center, Yama is an especially great member of the GetSafe team. He has walked me through several setup elements of my system, each time with patience and kindness. It's like talking to a friend who's really good with technology.

We feel protected and safer with GetSafe in our corner. I love that I can build my system as big as I like, at my own pace (and budget). You'll want to get the key fobs for everyone in your home, they make using the system super simple, but the app is great too. Each piece is easy to install and control from the app. The cameras and sensors blend in seamlessly with my home's interior. I never even notice the cameras or sensors as I walk by. Not only did I acquire the technology of the GetSafe system, but I feel like I've added the protection of a professional, fast and helpful team to look after my home, as well. Best decision I've made so far this year. Thank you!

Original review: March 3, 2017

We are very satisfied with GetSafe product. We shopped around a few other products before we decided to chose GetSafe. But reading reviews, GetSafe had the best points. The sales representative who helped us with the purchase was very helpful, informative, and no aggressive sales pitch attitude, which helped us to decide to go with GetSafe. Because we felt they are very confident with their product. With a salesperson at a company who sells a similar product, it was disappointing because he/she didn't really get us answers we were looking for, and just sent us a link to trial/purchase. We walked away right away.

In terms of product. GetSafe is made well as it is said reviews we read. Apparently it is made much better than the other similar product. As far as connection goes, despite we live in a very rural area, it has not failed. Call center seems very responsible too. The first time we were away, we forgot to disarm when we came home, they called us right away. They also called us to make sure everything is alright when the hub disconnected due to our old outlet. Also when contacted their help desk for questions they were very helpful and their attitude were very pleasant. We really like their customer oriented service. We definitely recommend GetSafe to anyone. Good product, good price, good customer service.

GetSafe expert review by Lisa Montgomery

Choose from 3 plans each for $35 a month, or a starter kit for $249 with additional add-ons. Contracts are 1-3 years with 1-year warranty and include the starter kit. No contract options are available and do not include the starter kit. Their wireless systems are portable and customizable to fit any size home with DIY install.

• Contracts: 1-year contracts include a starter kit. 3-year contracts include a starter kit and an additional $250 in hardware credit. No contract options are more flexible and do not include a starter kit.

• Flat pricing: GetSafe’s monitoring systems are priced at a flat rate of $35 per month, which automatically renews at the beginning of every month.

• Customizable: GetSafe’s starter kit is made for apartment living, but homeowners can easily add on devices. The Smart Hub is able to monitor up to 64 security devices, so your system can grow as your life and family grow.

• AT&T cellular backup: GetSafe’s wireless system runs through your home’s Wi-Fi, but it includes AT&T cellular backup. This means that 3G cellular will automatically kick in if you ever lose your Wi-Fi signal.

• Remote monitoring with GetSafe’s app: Download GetSafe’s app for free so you can monitor your home no matter where you are in the world.

• Free cloud storage for wireless camera: All of your GetSafe subscriptions come with 30 days of free cloud storage for the wireless camera.

Profile picture of Lisa Montgomery
Lisa Montgomery Home Automation Systems Contributing Editor

Lisa Montgomery is a seasoned journalist who has covered and reported on a variety of topics in the home automation industry for more than 15 years. Knowledgeable about the technology behind and the major players of home automation systems, residential security systems, smart thermostats and more, she is able to translate technical terms into language that consumers can understand and will find informative and useful.

GetSafe Company Information