toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We had a competitor's system that just wouldn't work without cell service. With GetSafe we still have the extra security of a system that can't be disabled by wire cutting but offers all the features we needed. We especially appreciate having a temperature gauge in nearly every device. Great pricing, great service and I was thrilled to get the HD Camera included at no extra charge. Highly recommend!

GetSafe has been wonderful to me and my family since we've installed our system last month. We've never had home security before. So as we get used to it, we've tripped quite a few false alarms. The staff at GetSafe's monitoring center is lightning fast in their response to every alarm and they've been so supportive and patient while we're learning how to live with our new security system. At the customer support center, Yama is an especially great member of the GetSafe team. He has walked me through several setup elements of my system, each time with patience and kindness. It's like talking to a friend who's really good with technology.

We feel protected and safer with GetSafe in our corner. I love that I can build my system as big as I like, at my own pace (and budget). You'll want to get the key fobs for everyone in your home, they make using the system super simple, but the app is great too. Each piece is easy to install and control from the app. The cameras and sensors blend in seamlessly with my home's interior. I never even notice the cameras or sensors as I walk by. Not only did I acquire the technology of the GetSafe system, but I feel like I've added the protection of a professional, fast and helpful team to look after my home, as well. Best decision I've made so far this year. Thank you!

We are very satisfied with GetSafe product. We shopped around a few other products before we decided to chose GetSafe. But reading reviews, GetSafe had the best points. The sales representative who helped us with the purchase was very helpful, informative, and no aggressive sales pitch attitude, which helped us to decide to go with GetSafe. Because we felt they are very confident with their product. With a salesperson at a company who sells a similar product, it was disappointing because he/she didn't really get us answers we were looking for, and just sent us a link to trial/purchase. We walked away right away.

In terms of product. GetSafe is made well as it is said reviews we read. Apparently it is made much better than the other similar product. As far as connection goes, despite we live in a very rural area, it has not failed. Call center seems very responsible too. The first time we were away, we forgot to disarm when we came home, they called us right away. They also called us to make sure everything is alright when the hub disconnected due to our old outlet. Also when contacted their help desk for questions they were very helpful and their attitude were very pleasant. We really like their customer oriented service. We definitely recommend GetSafe to anyone. Good product, good price, good customer service.

You ever try and find something you actually know absolutely nothing about? Well that is what I was up against when I was looking for a home security alarm system. GetSafe is the bomb, from my first inquiry to the day I installed it. Excellent product, customer service, tech support. "GetSafe, just get it!"

GetSafe

Hi Victor! Thank you for your feedback. We are glad everything went well with ordering, installing, and testing the system. Please don't hesitate to give us a call if you need anything else. We hope you are able to go out and enjoy your time with less worries! Best, Team GetSafe

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Love the product. Easy to install and get up and running. Ordered extra Door sensors and 2 motion detectors along with two key fobs. Siren came with the kit and I can attest to the high volume. Also ordered 2 smoke detectors so that the monitoring service would be aware of any fires. Very happy with the product.

I had a very positive experience all the way from ordering the kit to having it setup at home. It's been a month and no issues so far. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a no-contract home security system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GetSafe ?

GetSafe

Hi John! Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are happy to hear that our customer service team was able to assist you and take care of your needs. If for any reason you need us, don't hesitate to reach out. Thanks again! Sincerely, Team GetSafe

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

What was the number one reason I choose GetSafe over 3 of their top competitors (all of whom I contacted and got info from)? GetSafe's customer service began with the sales rep who was the best and most non-aggressive. The others called non-stop for days using an auto-dialer, it's that machine that dials like 4-5 people at once so when you pick up your end there is that pause before a sales person speaks - almost like no one is there.

The price was straightforward with no hidden cost and I was able to tailor the system components to my requirements. Plus, my sales agent found me a discount coupon for a free camera to use without me asking. The install is easy, just watch the very short video on YouTube and you're set. No tools (other than maybe a ladder) are required, just need your smartphone to sync everything.

GetSafe

Hi Keith - Thank you for sharing your feedback. It's always important to hear from our customers in order to improve. We truly apologize for any inconveniences on our end. If you get any notifications regarding service down or connection loss, please give us a call or submit a ticket through our LiveChat. so that we can make sure we take care of you. Again, we appreciate your feedback. Best, Team GetSafe

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Hi, the GetSafe company sent me an email requesting how my experience with Getsafe has been. The equipment arrived promptly and was easy to install, and seems to function as advertised. What I am unhappy about was the amount of time and effort required to determine whether the equipment itself was UL-certified, which I thought was required by my insurance company.

GetSafe said that the monitoring *service* was certified, but that may not have been sufficient for the insurance company and it was only after 3 weeks and repeated requests that you acknowledged that the equipment was not, and ultimately they disclosed that the devices were not yet UL-certified. It turns out only to be an issue if I double the amount of insurance I already have, which will not be for several years.

Another frustration has been when I've gotten emails about my base station being unreachable, it has often been at times when the service department has been closed. I think that GetSafe provides a reasonable service at a reasonable cost, and I would not discourage friends from becoming customers, but I can't give it my highest possible endorsement. They asked, and that is my honest estimation. I'm not going to go out of my way to post a negative review anywhere, and will continue to be a customer.

GetSafe

Hi Tim! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad everything went well from purchasing to setting up. We would love to know what you think we can improve on to be a 5-star company in your eyes. Best regards, Team GetSafe

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Overall a positive experience when purchasing Getsafe security system. The service has been satisfactory, the system itself is very easy to use and the set up was fairly straightforward. I would recommend this product to someone interested in a security system.

I've been a GetSafe customer for nearly a month now, and I cannot even begin to express how pleased I've been. Prior to my GetSafe system, I never had a functioning alarm system. Consequently, I've probably triggered my system at least a dozen times in the last month. Each month, GetSafe is calling my cell phone before I can even launch the app to disarm. They are always extremely friendly and understanding. The entire system took me less than 30 minutes to set up, and I love the app-based interface. The cost of the system and monthly monitoring beats any I found in doing my research.

GetSafe

Hi William - Thank you for your feedback. We definitely understand your hesitation in regards to our service agreement. Terms & Agreement can always be tough since many of these concerns would be found in any home security service. If there is anything you need clarified in further detail please do not hesitate to give us a call. No matter what company you go with, we just want you to feel safe and comfortable. Best regards, Team GetSafe

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

After months of searching various companies I purchase a security system from GetSafe. What I like about this company is you can get information online about the plans and equipment without the hassle of dealing with a salesman. They have a ton of potential for this reason alone. Unfortunately, a few days after I ordered system I received a contract that was unacceptable to sign. Contract included provision that allowed for increase to monitoring fee of 9% annually. Also, in the contract GetSafe takes no responsibility to call the police department. Per the contract GetSafe will only attempt to call the police department. I don’t know about you but that doesn’t provide much comfort.

They also want you to limit their liability by giving away your right in advance to recover any damages over $1k for any faults by GetSafe that lead to significant personal damages. Hope this would never even happen but can’t understand why anyone would give up all future rights. In summary, was very impressed with GetSafe but the required contract killed the deal and I canceled my order. I highly recommend you shop elsewhere until they make changes to their contract. On a positive note, it was very easy to cancel and they were very professional about the cancellation.

We ordered the basic starter kit package and 2 additional motion detector cameras. It was painlessly simple to install and it works. The customer service has been knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. I like the "No Contract" required for the monitoring service.

I believe the most affordable home security system on the market. The best feature is the no long term contract for service. This is what sold on me. It's expandable and designed to be improved through the app service - so it changes with the customer's needs.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hi Kaylene -

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are unsatisfied with the updates and your recent experience. GetSafe is growing fast so it is important that we update our app that would benefit the customer most. While it may seem frequent, we have a lot of new features and products with every new update. We have expanded our customer support hours to accommodate different schedules and will continue to make changes that we believe would benefit the customers. If you are still having issues or concerns with your hub/system please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.

Team GetSafe

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I'm very disappointed in the number of updates, seems frequent. My app asks multiple times to run the update even after it says update is successful. Also the updates cause my hub to be on cellular backup. The hours to received help on resetting my hub are not convenient. I had a representative make the effort in having her manager help me on off hours however he never called to help and when I called I got his voicemail. I do like that my house is still be monitored during the updates.

We were looking for a unique alarm system for our lifestyle and Getsafe was perfect because it is convenient in a way which our family can control everything on our cell phone. It was a breeze for the installation and also their customer service is great!!

Hi John,

We are so sorry to hear about your previous break-ins! We are happy to help secure your home and give you some peace of mind. Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Team GetSafe

Original review: Oct. 23, 2016

The ordering was simple and when I had a question I received a quick response. Installation instructions were straightforward. My confidence of a protected home is high now. We have had 3 break ins and now I don't have to worry about a 4th.

Great experience from start to finish! My order was processed timely, and once the system arrived, it was super easy to self-install. Service after the sale has been great, and I will recommend GetSafe to all my friends and family. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Hi Dain,

We are happy to hear how pleased you are about your set up experience. We aim to give the best customer service and are thankful for your feedback. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

When I ordered the GetSafe starter package, I was a bit nervous. I had tried another service, but the set-up was so complicated I gave up in hopeless frustration. Not to mention it made me feel like an idiot. But GetSafe was easy, plus I had the wonderful support of the GetSafe team. They never made me feel foolish with my questions. Always nice and always helpful.

Plus, not being used to having a security system, I have set it off a few times by accident. The first time I did, my phone rang instantly (it was the GetSafe staff calling about the alarm), but they were real cool about it. Just wanted my name and password. And speaking of which, each time I have accidentally set the alarm off, their call came through within moments. Really, I have to say I am impressed with their personal service and how pleasant everyone at GetSafe has been. I like the technology of how I can monitor my system remotely from my phone. I recommend GetSafe to anyone looking for a great alarm system and monitoring company.

I have accidentally triggered my alarm system a few times. It is good to know that your monitor service contacts me immediately... I am talking about within a few seconds. I feel safe when at home or away. I have recommended this alarm system to my immediate family.

Happy I purchased the getsafe system. Great customer service. Easy set up on the system and love the cameras. Win all around. If you are thinking of a alarm system for apartment which is what I have my GetSafe system in. Do it.

Very reliable, extremely easy to set up by yourself (use screws for the motion sensor. Don't rely on the double face tape!) and the best very affordable and no long term commitment, easy to move with you and setup in your new house if you move!

Ordered online. Excellent experience. Delivered quickly. Very pleased. Talked with helpline very helpful. Pleasant reception of questions with great response. I like my system very much. It is very easy to use. The fact I can take it with me if I move is great.

Hey Rich,

We are glad to hear everything is working for you. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. Give us a call if you ever have any questions!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I have had the GetSafe system in my home for a few months now and it has worked flawlessly. It is easy to set up, the app on my phone is simple to use, the system is very configurable, and when the alarm has gone off they have been courteous, polite, and professional. I definitely highly recommend GetSafe!

This system is just great! Being a renter and a single woman in a ground floor apartment, I was nervous about the safety of my home. I have used other alarm companies before and they all required long contracts that just don't work in the renting world. The system was super easy to install, works just as promised, and the customer service has been exceptional. I can now leave my house and not worry at all and that alone is invaluable.

Hi Indira,
We are so happy to hear that you have been enjoying your system and that we could provide you with some helpful assistance. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts, customer feedback is very important to us!
Securely Yours,

Team GetSafe

Original review: July 21, 2016

Was looking for a system that I could control on my phone, with no contract, and can take with me when I move because I rent. Researched a few options and found GetSafe. I asked a few questions on their chat before I placed my order. That was pretty helpful. Easy to setup, not the cheapest option, but startup cost is worth it. I can cancel anytime, and it does everything I need. Wireless camera's a cool plus to check in on my cat. Wasn't looking for that necessarily, but I'm glad I found GetSafe.

From the ordering to install GetSafe has been great to deal with. The system is easy to use and fits well into my life. I really enjoy the video camera that I ordered as a part of the system and the customizable options that the system has. If you are looking for a nice looking, easy to install and use security system this is the one for you.

GetSafe provided me hardware for a self-install security system. GetSafe also provides monthly security and safety monitoring for their equipment at my residence(s). The GetSafe system equipment provided included their "Internet/cell based system hub", door sensors, motion sensor(s), water (flood) sensor, keychain remote, smoke alarm, and the phone app. All components interact with the "hub" which communicates directly to me the user as well as to their monitoring service. Communications primarily uses the Internet with the cellular based service as a backup should the Internet be unavailable or during a power failure (battery backup will provide phone communications when either/or power and Internet are not available).

Dos and Don'ts - GetSafe provides a very good "starter kit" that has the basic system components and overall installation instructions. I recommend the homeowner fully survey their needs (i.e. number of door sensors, cameras, keychain remote, smoke alarm, etc.) and purchase with their initial order. This will save on shipping costs vs. ordering piece-by-piece.

BTW - their shipping service is excellent, prompt, and reliable. I purchased two (2) systems (primary residence and vacation residence). I like the notifications I receive from the GetSafe system (i.e. Internet failure, power failure/restore, entry notification and camera). I did own an earlier version of the system on my vacation residence (it did not have monitoring service or any cellular backup) and self-installed it and used it for 3 years. The hardware is reliable (have not experienced any failure) and the GetSafe monitoring service is very reliable. I do recommend GetSafe as a very user-friendly security system and look forward to them adding additional features in the future. Hopefully anyone else using their system will have as good of an experience as I have.

Since I live in a house I rent, I have been unable to install a traditional alarm system, and it's been of concern to me since I moved to the home. However with the GetSafe system I am able to install a basic security system, with no wires, no old school phone line needed. Just a simple internet connection to my cable modem and the app on my phone. Arming and disarming is easy and quick. Just have to remember that I armed it sometimes.

GetSafe Company Profile