GE Washing Machines

GE Washing Machines Reviews

About GE Washing Machines

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with Bodewell Care Protection Plans. Backed by Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties, these plans cover parts and labor for appliance repairs after the manufacturer’s warranty expires. You can pick and choose which appliances or systems to cover.

GE Washing Machines Reviews

Stars Rating

• 5%
  • 95%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Service Contracts?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Service Contracts?
    Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed July 18, 2024

We bought a GE profile washer. On the higher end of their appliances from what the rep we talked to said. We haven’t even had it 30 days and something went wrong to the point it would not drain or spin. I called GE and got the run around for 2 days. It was number after number after number. Couldn't get the answers we needed or an RA# to be able to return it. We are a household of 8…6 being kids! I got ahold of someone finally to have someone come out and look at it only to have them after I sent pictures and video of what it was doing cancel my appointment, said they were looking into the problem to decide whether to just order parts or send someone out to diagnose the issues. So therefore they were guessing what could had been wrong with it. Again this washer was less than 30 days old. Two weeks after we had it the soap dispenser broke which really was whatever we use pods anyway.

After they canceled my appointment to have some come look at it. It took them almost 24 hours to respond back to me and claiming I didn’t respond back to them which I again have proof that I did! At this point I’m just wanting my money back to get a different washer. Well because I had it longer than 48 hours without returning it there wasn’t anything they were willing to do. Wouldn’t give us a RA# nothing. I get the text today now being without a washer for 3 days now saying it would possibly be a week before they could make it out to look at it. I’m like that’s not going to work. My father in law passed May 21st of this year our old washer a Maytag which was amazing went out not even a month after he passed. We go to Lowe’s to get a new washer…thinking the GE profile was the way to go because it was a good price and had good reviews, just wish I would had looked a little better at the reviews.

Anyway after two days of fighting with them we finally said ok this is what we are going to do. We loaded the washer up took it back to Lowe’s and thank goodness we have some amazing people who work there also before I forget Lowe’s tried to explain everything to GE customer service as well and they were just as rude to them as they were us but I digress…Lowe’s took it back, put the money on a gift card and we were finally able to get a new washer another Maytag. Not only are their products crap but so is their customer service. I did have two ladies in customer service out of the like 20 we talk to that were amazing and should definitely get a raise! I’ll NEVER buy another GE product again! EVER!

Reviewed July 5, 2024

I am getting the runaround from GE Consumer Relations about my washing machine. I am the only one who uses the machine, I do a load a week of laundry ready to be washed. This same problem last July 2023 happened last month, the washer won’t empty water from tub. They say they order parts, parts don’t come. They close my case number and no one is responsible for my case. Different person each time, repair man says he can’t do anything without parts.

This company has very shoddy machines and doesn’t stand behind their products! I need to find out what my next step is. I bought this machine October 2022, broke down 1st time at 9 months of 1 load a week (I do not overload the machine) Color load one week, whites another week, towels a different week. Bodeman Service Repair does GE product repairs now. GE is owned by Haier and soon the GE name won’t be used, all of their appliances will be called Haier. This review is an update from a week or 2 ago and they are still giving me the runaround! Who can afford to buy another new machine after 1 1/2 years? That’s what the repairman said I would have to do!

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed June 26, 2024

Will never buy another GE product. My brand new washer was 8 months old and been messed up 4 to 5 months trying to get it fixed. Nobody can seem to find out what is wrong with it. Had 2 control boards replaced. Will not fill up. Getting tired of not having a washer. GE would rather send money out for your laundry than replace washer. Could have paid for one with laundry money by now. Better bet I will tell everyone about my experience. Still waiting on to get my washer fixed! Very aggravated and thinking about a lawyer or news.

Reviewed June 23, 2024

Our washer went out just about 1 1/2 years old. The technician said it was a bad control panel that also burnt up the pump. I will never buy a GE again. My LG is over 13 years old and still works. So glad we kept it. GE sucks.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceSales & Marketing

Reviewed June 19, 2024

GE Combo Washer Dryer. 1st was sent back immediately due to imbalanced drum. 2nd lasted only 10 months. Now overheats, then stops during drying cycle. Broken over a month, with 3 service calls. GE refuses to replace. GE warranty is a scam. They won't replace unit unless THEY deem it "unfixable". I've been without a washer dryer over a month, yet they continue to only offer useless service call after useless service call. I paid $2500 all to end up using a nasty laundry mat.

Customer ServiceInstallation & Setup

Reviewed June 17, 2024

I ordered a washing machine off of their direct website. That included delivery and installation. I paid extra to have the old washer hauled away. I was at work when the new washer was delivered but my teenage daughter was home to let them in. The delivery guys just dropped the washing machine off in the middle of my living room and left. I called the delivery/install crew to have them come back to hook it up and take the old one away and they straight up told me "No. It's too late." I called GE customer service to inform them of what happened and so they scheduled to have someone come out 2 days later to take the old washing machine. I moved it outside on the patio to make it easier for them to take it away and in return I asked that they move the new washing machine down to the basement where my laundry room is. Again I was told no. They said it was not on the order so they weren't doing it.

I also noticed that GE charged me a second time for "haul away" when the old washer was never hauled away the first time. I called ge customer service again. They reversed the first "haul away" charge and scheduled someone to come out the following Monday between the hours of 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM for install. I made arrangements with work to be home during that time frame. I get a text that morning at 6:30 AM, on my way to work, saying that they would be at my house in 30 minutes for install. I text them back stating that the time frame for install was for that afternoon and they told me the work order was changed, that I was their first stop, and they weren't coming back in the afternoon. I had to call and wake up a friend of mine to go over to my house to let them in.

They finally installed the washing machine but never stacked my dryer back on top and never hooked hooked the dryer back up. The reason was because the dryer wasn't a ge dryer so they weren't doing it. So that is something I am going to have to deal with when I get home. I am beyond aggravated with ge and its contracted delivery/install crew. I will never order another appliance from them ever again. Honestly, I should be compensated for all of the trouble and aggravation they put me through. If I could give negative stars, I would.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed June 17, 2024

I went to wash a load of clothes but I heard a metallic sound and stopped it immediately and found concrete looking rocks, I always check the pockets because you never know if you'll forget money or change in pockets! I don't understand where this metal came from but it had to be from something that was on the inside of the washing machine under the spinner!

Reviewed June 1, 2024

This review is for my new GE Profile 5.3 front loader & matching dryer. I’ve run approx 20 loads so far and it’s one of the best machines I’ve owned in 25 yrs of having front loaders. The 5.3 is massive & quite capable of handling larger loads like comforters & beach towels. The hand dial turns smooth as silk & digital display is very reactive to touch. I especially like the sanitary & express options. Auto fill detergent allows you to pre-fill the machine with soap & it auto dispenses per your command, or you can manually add soap.

I like the auto for kids using the machine! It’s reasonably quiet and spin cycle is extremely proficient, helping to decrease drying times. Door has micro-ban with auto-vent so “keep door open” rule no longer applies. Dryer is very efficient with damp dry sensor or timed dry. Multiple options I haven’t even explored yet. I bought the sapphire blue set and it’s very attractive. I recommend you measure your laundry and entry ways before buying because though they’re beautiful machines, they’re quite large & heavy. I’m VERY pleased with my purchase.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 29, 2024

**WARNING** GE washing machines are garbage. Do not purchase!! We purchased model G001 in February 2021. Had problems within the first few months with the tub. When the machine was not even 2 years old we called GE. It took them weeks to send a tech (had to purchase another washer obviously need one daily) and when he arrived he said the product was junk! We had 6 more techs come out over the next several months apparently to fix it. Tech #7 came with a whole new tub. We are now 8 months later broken again. GE says, "Sorry not our problem. You're on your own." Threw it in the garbage!! **WARNING** Do not purchase GE washing machines.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceInstallation & SetupStaff

Reviewed May 23, 2024

Purchased GE washer and dryer APRIL 10 from Home Depot. They delivered a broken machine then refused to install it as they were paid for. I had someone else come to install it but that took time 4 days. I have been escalated several times to Ms **. I told her I would be returning it to the store. She screamed at me that she would call the store and have me arrested if I try to return it. A new low for home depot. No one wants a new washer that needs to be serviced before you can even use it. Now you get threaten to be arrested if you threaten to return their shotty machines. Build it right don’t force your garbage on us.

GE Service Contracts author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

The same dedication to quality that GE puts into building products like jet engine turbines and wind towers goes into their washing machines. GE is an American symbol of industry that was ranked the 14th most profitable large firm in the United States and has even had employees that have won Nobel Prizes.

• Washer's with many features in one place: GE washers often offer Energy Star certification, stain removal settings, vibration control and an automatic precision dispensing system, all in one machine.

• Special offers: GE routinely features great deals on washers in its Special Offers section on their website, helping buyers connect with rebates, tax credits and special holiday sales.

• Washers that look great: Besides offering washers that fulfill nearly every customer's desire, GE washers also come in many colors and finishes, all the way from platinum to ruby red.

GE Washing Machines Company Information