Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Wall Oven Reviews

Original review: June 10, 2019

GE combination microwave convection oven. F96 error code motor speed control, oven will not turn on cooling fan with just under two years of use. Multiple parts, FAD board replaced, machine control board, door switch locking assembly replace, wiring checked, motor checked, unit will not start motor in bake broil and convection. Motor resistances checked, motor runs in cleaning mode. No one has an answer on how to fix. More than likely will throw out and replace with a KitchenAid unit. Never never purchase a GE product.

Original review: June 9, 2019

Appears I am having the same exact problem with my GE Oven and they wanted over $450 to repair. I am researching options and am considering replacing it even though only 4 years old. I agree GE should be doing something about it. Recall? Offer replacement parts at no charge but afraid it will continue to be a recurring problem.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My 3-year old double wall oven (valued at over $3,000) has been down since December 21st. It's now March 12th and I still do not have a working oven. When I asked consumer relations for further explanation about why my case was closed and no additional follow-up was sent to me, they just said, "Sorry about that," and that there was nothing further they could do for me except set up my service call next week. I have had a box of parts since February 26th with NO communication from you on when you planned to install. I will NEVER purchase another GE appliance and furthermore, I will be contacting everyone that I know, both on social media and in person and telling them about the poor experience that I have had with your company.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We bought these GE white electric double wall ovens (Model JT3500DF3WW) after our 20 yr. old Jenn-air oven's door broke due to an accident and a replacement door was no longer available. These ovens are not quality ovens. After the first time I used the self clean option, everywhere the racks hit the side walls the enamel had broken down and come off! Now, after just 2 years (we are just starting into our 3rd year) I called GE to tell them that our ovens had the F96 code coming up which caused the oven to shut off and that it was beeping. I came to find out it was the blower fan that cools the oven down that was the problem.

However, the GE customer advocate said there was no known problem recorded with these appliances and that there was nothing they were willing to compensate me for since our warranty had expired. This is interesting considering when we ordered the replacement part it has the design changed and we also have to order a new electrical board as well? GE seems not to see the reviews and same complaints on the same issue and won't take responsibility for the quality of the products they make. It is not believable with complaints on this site over and over again. They are unaware of the issue and redesigning the part only solidifies their knowledge, as well as showing their lack of concern for the customers. They have sold these defective ovens to by not being willing to compensate for replacement of a factory made faulty part!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I bought my home new last year with all GE appliances which was a HUGE bummer because they make garbage. Little did I know how much of a bummer it was... and this wall oven combo is the last of the appliances that are getting the BOOT!! My dishwasher leaked the 1st time we used it and it leaked all over my wood floor and ruined the floor which required replacing. To the dump. The fridge leaked in the water dispenser we replaced BOTH with KitchenAid that we now love! I have a 2017 wall oven microwave combo model# PT7800 and it is IMPOSSIBLE to get the shelves in and out of this oven. They added a tiny bottle of graphite to tun along the runners and they are STILL A ROYAL PAIN!! The self cleaning left all kinds of debris and the door is filthy and still cover with grease even after using Greased Lightning afterwards.

The microwave oven is impossible to reach to the back to clean and the timer doesn't work. The GE stove top was replaced with a Wolfe because the GE is also a pain to clean and scratches horribly if you even look at it. Who manufactures a GAS stove that is so delicate also a pain to clean!! If you get water on the heating elements they sputter until you can dry them and the grates scratch the heck out of the top. My old Wolfe was a breeze compared to this thing.

Now that I see all these super negative reviews I am worried we will be replacing our oven sooner than later and so I am going out and paying for a new oven that is NOT GE. So add everything up and I am having to pay over $13,000 to replace the crap the builder put in. Pissed that I have to buy all my appliances again but oh well! BTW we LOVE our Speed Queen W/D set. The absolute best thing we ever did 30 years ago and just replaced them this year. Do whatever you have to to get these washer and dryers!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Brand new... 4 month old GE Profile double oven model number PT7550sfss. Out of the four months it's been down almost half the time. Service people are perplexed about why the unit is shutting itself down. Boards have been replaced. Then when it seemed to be working correctly we put the self cleaning option on and after about 45 minutes it shut down. Tech said there were other parts of the oven now have to be replaced. Some "neutral" piece had to be replaced and again with more new boards. LED panel does not work either now. After the new parts again are put in next week we'll see what happens but I think we're heading down a path of a new oven... We hope. And reading other reviews this seems like a very similar issue on this model. Hope GE does the right thing.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

GE wall oven GE F96 code. New home oven less than 2 yrs! Junk GE wants $470 to repair. Tons of complaints. This should be recalled for the faulty fan... Will never buy GE and sure as hell will not pay them $470 to repair this junk!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Just like everyone else my brand new GE profile double wall oven pt9800SH4SS has a cooling fan error and shuts off the oven. To save everyone the trouble just read the reviews. Same thing happened to me. Had to pay $99 for them to come do the service call only for them to tell me they don’t have the part on hand. Said it’s a 2 man job and quoted me $472 for a job that should be free! My home is a new build.

My warranty ended June 30, 2018 and my oven stopped working in January. Only 6 months after the watery expired. GE doesn’t offer extended warranty for their own products because they don’t back their own products. Ordered the part and then waited a week later to find out that the part that came did not have all the pieces on it. Now they are ordering another part and I have to wait another week or two without a working oven. $472 for a fix that should hold up a lot longer than 18 months. For heaven's sake my $20 reusable water bottle has a longer warranty than my $5000 oven. Don’t buy their product and spread the word. This oven should be recalled.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

GE Profile wall oven is only 3 years old. Cooling fan motor is giving an error code and oven shuts itself down. When you go to order parts they're out of stock at multiple locations. So apparently other people are having the same issue. I will never buy another GE!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I have a GE Wall Oven with microwave 1.5 years old. I did a self cleaning and the cooling fan went out and now oven doesn’t work. Was informed by GE rep that they do not service my area anymore and I should look in the yellow pages for a repairman. I will never buy a GE product again.

GE Wall Oven Company Information