GE Wall Oven

GE Wall Oven
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

GE Wall Oven Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2020

Had my wall oven for a little less than 2 years. I never used any cleaning products in my self cleaning oven followed all guidelines wiped what needed to be wiped before I self cleaned. But I only used my self clean about 3 times and I noticed enamel wearing off along sides and bottom of oven even putting and some larger pit holes. Which should not be happening. I phoned GE but nothing will be done because they ruled it as consumer fault (that I did this to my oven). I mentioned to them that maybe it could be a factory defect but they would not agree with that. I’ve had self clean oven before and have never seen anything like it. All it says in the guide book is wipe up fruit juices and other they may stain but not take enamel off, and that’s what GE was trying to tell me. Talked to them a few times but they said they’re done with my case it’s self inflicted, not satisfied at all very disappointed. It used to be a good company.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Wish I had read the reviews before buying. Purchased double wall oven PT7550SFss for new home. It stopped working after little over 2 years minimal use. Had to replace control board. Authorized repair service - $470.69.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2020

Just purchased and yes I'm somewhat hard of hearing but this thing is junk. They said update it and will be louder. Wrong. Keeps dropping wifi. Will never buy another GE appliance. They use to be the best. Not now. Just expensive junk. Very disappointed.

Original review: March 5, 2020

Model JTS5000SN1SS This $1200.00 oven worked for exactly 3 months before it started throwing error codes. After a month of intermittent error codes it went in to full "arrest" and would not stop beeping. No amount of "press cancel to clear" (see photo) worked. We finally had to turn it off at the breaker. Called GE Customer Service (and I use that term loosely). They sent a technician 3 - 4 days later and told us a part had failed because we had used the self cleaning feature. He ordered the parts and said he would return in a week. One of two parts arrived on the day of my appointment. He called and said the other part was on back order for months and I should call GE and ask for a new oven. Called GE at the number he gave and their telephone routing system was not working.

Finally got through at a different number and they put me straight through to "customer service." I waited for roughly 35 minutes listening to their truly horrible wait noise. The operator told me GE was having supply chain problems and she would send me the part and a technician in one week. In addition to the absolute nightmare of trying to get a human at GE I will now have to miss a third day of work and I will not have had an oven for a minimum of 3 weeks. Save your money.... Buy anything but a GE, they don't care about their product or you.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

GE Profile double wall oven PT75505F7SS was installed in our new house on 3/14/2018. On 1/2/2020 I turned on the broiler. A minute or so later there was a loud explosion, a flash, and a fire in the oven. If it had occurred when I was opening the door at the time, I would have been injured by the exploding bits of melted metal. The flying metal "bb's" chipped the glass door. The element apparently shorted out, caught fire and the melted aluminum dripped on the oven floor. Of course it was out of the ONE year warranty.

After waiting at home twice for service, ordering and re-ordering new parts which were sent damaged, GE supposedly agreed to fix it. However, the tech did not show up today on the 3rd service call after we waited all afternoon. We had no call or explanation, and GE is unreachable and unresponsive. I haven't had an oven for a month. I'm ready to sue GE for selling such a dangerous product. GE obviously has quality control issues and grossly inadequate customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

The GE 30" wall oven was purchased because the wall space we had was only 23 3/4"d deep and they had the only model that fit. Looks good but it is slow to heat and the timer alarm is so quiet you cannot hear it in the next room. We have to set the microwave timer so we can hear the alarm. They have an adjustment setting but the volume never changes. When we called customer service we were told that is just the way it is. Won't make that mistake twice.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

I purchased my appliances for a new construction home. I felt confident in my choice because years ago my purchases were with GE and I did my homework and shopped around. However, I have since changed my mind. I have been living in the home for about one and a half years. There is only two adults living in the home, who take of what we have worked hard for. The oven is used somewhat but not tons. Nevertheless, it went out when we were baking in it a few days prior to Christmas. It would not stop beeping so we had to shut off the breaker. Finally, it stopped, but we still cannot use the wall oven.

I called to schedule an appointment. It will cost us $99.00 trip charge plus parts and labor. Or $100.00 towards a new appliance. REALLY! This oven is only 1-1/2 yrs old with minimum use. I am very disappointed!! Who has money to spend on an appliance every couple of years. Products are not what they use to be. Years ago, appliances would last 20-30 years. I could see if it were even 5-10 yrs old, but 1-1/2" years old. I tried to schedule service online and the system had a glitch. I called in and had to wait 30 minutes on hold to get to customer service. I do not recommend this product due to poor performance and quality.

K

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

Purchased this wall oven Thanksgiving of 2017, it died Christmas of 2019.... Lasted 26 months? Spending around a thousand dollars & using it once a week works out to around $10.00 each time? Most of the fancy features were never used even once. Our previous oven lasted twenty years & the other four home appliances will need replacing soon also. Thank you for making our decision easier. This is the first and last GE appliance I'll ever purchase... Audios.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Bought the wall oven in May, 2018 for new home. The oven was stored in a clean, dry area prior to installation. Because of many setbacks the new home was issued occupancy permit mid September 2019; the wall oven was installed in an island shortly afterwards. We used the oven less than 10 times, over less than 60 days; now F96 error code is displayed rendering the oven useless.

I have reviewed the warranty, which initiates when the appliance is purchased, not when it is installed which means I have no warranty. The cost to repair the oven is between 1/3 and 1/2 of what I paid for the oven. I have reviewed many websites about the F96 code and discovered that once the F96 code is displayed, replacing the fan does not resolve the issue; it only identifies the ovens which are lemons and will never function properly. I have no intention of investing another dime in any appliance this unreliable.

I typically buy U.S. made products, but it appears the issue is with the inferior design of the product and not the assembly. Therefore I am boycotting all GE products due to GE corporation's lack of ownership of the design flaw and refusal to accept responsibility for and repair of the obvious defects in this oven. GE has not only lost this customer, but I will inform my siblings, cousins, friends, children and my adult grandchildren of the faulty, unreliable performance, and lack of integrity GE corporation has for this product.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

We had high end GE appliances installed in our new home in April 2015 and after moving in had constant problems, first with the Refrigerator and they were not able to fix it so we were provided with a replacement. At the same time we were experiencing problems with our wall oven. We had constant F76 error codes and three Control Boards were replaced over a period of six months. It seemed to fix the problem but intermittently we had problems with a F96 error code. Finally, Thanksgiving Day 2019 the oven reached an excessively high heat so hot that the face plate was hot enough to burn my finger while trying to switch the oven off. This is a safety issue in my opinion, what would happen if I had set the oven to clean and went to bed, could this possibly cause a fire, maybe!

According to our Service tech the cooling fan failed causing the oven to overheat, sensor failed and the oven was so hot, that it burned out the Microwave switch and now I don’t have a working oven or a working microwave. GE Consumer relations are USELESS, DO NOT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER! We sent pictures and very detailed explanation of the problems and asked them to refer issue to Eng. Dept. and get back to us. They finally got around to that 12/17 after numerous requests and within a few hours the response was incorrect installation. Installation manual proves that it was correctly installed so that is not the issue. Still have no answers to our questions why the heating fan failed; why the oven does not shut off when that occurs, why the microwave switch failed, why the convection oven fan turns on and off and is that the normal operation mode, and what they are going to do to rectify this situation????

We have had multiple conference calls only to have GE CS reiterate a list of probable parts we might need to fix the oven and microwave, no explanation and no empathy whatsoever. The real clincher Some of the parts are on backorder and we have NOT been given an estimated time frame for the parts, could be a few weeks more or few months and GE thinks this is acceptable. I will have been without an oven and microwave for a month on Wednesday 25th December. Thanksgiving was a disaster with a half cooked meal that had to be thrown out and lunch at Whataburger and it looks like Christmas will be canceled at our house all thanks to GE’s inferior quality products and their could care less attitude! It’s appalling to think this is how GE trains their Consumer Relations Reps. We have had nothing but...”it's out of warranty and we really don’t have to do anything.”

This is a catastrophic failure and GE should be accountable and responsible for this lemon. Instead they are giving us the runaround. They only warrant their products for 1 year, why because they cannot guarantee they will continue working after a year!!! Ours is a prime example! Our oven is now discontinued after 4 years...hmmn makes you wonder why? So what we have is a list of parts and never an explanation as to why we need the part and I am done talking to these bobble heads. I just want a new wall oven and microwave so we can have a functional Kitchen again. GE needs to stand behind their products and do the right thing otherwise we are allowing this company to rip people off!

GE Wall Oven Company Information