GE Ranges

GE Ranges
Shop on Appliances Connection
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.64/5

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

GE Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: July 12, 2020

Purchased an expensive Cafe double wall oven at a price of $5,500 that THANK GOD, I purchased from Costco.com. The oven had a great look but has issues with heating properly. My husband and I cook outdoors year round and use an infrared grill but in December 2019, we hosted a large family party and used our double ovens for the first time. I cooked a large beef tenderloin in the bottom oven and had 4 sides in the top oven. The recipe from Ina Garten took 10 times longer to cook and the sides did not cook so the green bean casserole was beyond al dente and almost raw, we had dinner at 9pm. I was concerned and started using the ovens more.

Fast forward, 7 months later, I've had 3 GE techs here and each one came totally unprepared with diagnostic tools, two ran a remote diagnostic for the clock. What? My clock was fine and I said so but that's all they had in their "toolkit". This guy told me that if GE doesn't have BOTH an issue and a fix for a problem that there is NOTHING they can't do. He also said the appliances are self-diagnosing and that it is impossible for a "repairman" to receive proper training.

The last guy, the Manager, told me to order thermometers to check myself. Well I did and my oven not only took forever to preheat to what the display read but when I looked at the thermometer inside, it was off by 100 degrees! It then took another 40-50 minutes to reach what the display said. I told the repair guy that you just can't follow a recipe that way and that I could not babysit a $5,500 oven!!! So he said I should do what his "grandmother" did and turn the oven up to 450 degrees and rotate my pans!! Well maybe I should just make a fire outside and cook my meals like the cavemen did!!! After I collected my teeth off the floor, I told him it was ridiculous to suggest that as an option.

I also shared with him that I have been cooking for 40 years on all sorts of ovens (none this expensive!)..and I have NEVER not been able to follow a recipe properly or did I have to babysit my oven, or increase temps to broil to get things to heat up quicker or rotate pans around! Absolutely insane! And now GE Cafe offers a new touchpad model... Folks Please do yourselves a big favor, check Consumer Reports for the best rated appliances and go with that. I like many here have posted will NEVER buy a GE appliance again....this new Company has the GE Brand but don't be fooled, these appliances have very big issues and come with big pricetags and ZERO service!!!!

Now, for the silver lining!... I purchased this GE CAFE DOUBLE OVEN from COSTCO.com. Everything was documented with Costco Corporate and they do honor and care about Customer Satisfaction. So Costco is issuing me a full credit for the GE oven, I am now ordering an LG double Oven to replace it at $1,900 that has amazing ratings and reviews, and Costco is coordinating the pick up of the GE oven and the drop off of my new LG oven. I can't wait for my new oven at 35% of the cost of the GE branded appliance!!

Original review: July 3, 2020

I called with a crack in my cooktop in April. Part was supposed to be ordered and delivered in two weeks. Now, July 3, they were coming to install BUT for the 4th time they have called the day of and said they do not have the part. SO I HAVE WASTED ANOTHER DAY OFF FROM WORK AND STILL NO COOKTOP HAS BEEN REPLACED AND NO ONE HAS ANY ANSWERS AS TO WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2020

I fell in love with the GE Monogram range, after reading some very misleading reviews. When we first started using the range we noticed that the oven fan sounded like a jet plane taking off, rattling the stove burners in the process. I thought I’d withhold my judgement until I saw how it performed. Then one of the burners stopped igniting, so we called to have it serviced. More than a week later when a technician finally arrived he ordered a replacement fan and “fixed” the faulty igniter, and said he’d be back to install the new oven fan on July 7 (approx 2-weeks).

The next morning, we made breakfast on our stove and found that now that it’s been “fixed” the burner WILL NOT TURN OFF, so it is just releasing GAS into our house unless we shut off the breaker, at which point we have no functioning range. I called back and spent 2 hours on hold and dealing with customer service telling me that (1) they can’t get anyone out to look at this for more than a week - this was after they said they had no idea when they could schedule an appointment and I argued that this was not acceptable and (2) the appointment I thought we had on July 7th for the oven fan was rescheduled to July 22 and no one bothered to let us know.

In summary, this GE Monogram range is a beautiful, $10,000 PIECE OF JUNK!! The only positive thing about it, is that is looks amazing in my kitchen. Everything else about it SUCKS. And to top it all off, GE’s customer service IS HORRIBLE. Additionally, we got the GE Monogram dishwasher to go with our range and it's equally horrible. It's not broken (yet) but the bottom tray falls off the "tracks" all the time, the latch that opens and closes is stiff and clunky and it doesn't actually clean the dishes, but it dries them really well, pretty much baking the stuck on food into your dishes so you have to scrub them after they come out of the "dishwasher".

Original review: June 20, 2020

I have been a loyal GE Products customer for years and possess all my home appliances from GE. I bought GE Electric Convection Range Model JCB630DJWW with great excitement. I am disappointed to report that my Electric Convection Range glass top got thermal crack with a very careful and limited use. I am extremely disappointed of the worst ever GE customer service. I am losing my trust in the reliability of GE products.

Mueen **

Original review: June 10, 2020

I have been using the range for eight months when the oven began burning food from overheating. I purchased an oven thermometer to test it, and even at low settings would heat higher. I keep it clean, so I knew the problem was not a result of grime on the element, or that the air vent was blocked. We replaced the thermostat and now five months later it is repeating the overheating issue. Poor product performance. It is the basic electric range Model #J BS07-M2BB serial #ZV1244080P. DO NOT BUY THIS ONE! They are unreliable.

Original review: June 4, 2020

I spoke to a customer relations about a drop in 30’ stove that caught on fire 5/24. It was bought in Sept 2019. Queen ** is disabled in a power wheelchair and smelled smoke which the stove was not one at the time. She called the fire department and wheeled herself outside. A service call was scheduled today from 1-5pm and NO SHOW; called the wrong number and updated them again on the correct number and still no show.

Original review: May 26, 2020

Monogram appliances are hit or miss. We threw out our Monogram dishwasher after 6 months. The dishes were cleaner going in than coming out. After 15 months our range top model ZGU486NDP7SS is already having issues lighting and of course it is already out of warranty. If after only 15 months it is giving me problems what issues will be next. Definitely there are more reliable appliances out there.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

We purchased a gas range from Home Depot in March 2019. The main reason we picked this model [JCGB8700DEJ4WW] is it came with a griddle as a center burner. It was advertised as a Non Stick surface which is exactly what we wanted. The range itself works great but we have not used the self cleaning option yet, don't bake a lot. However, the griddle is NOT Non Stick. I don't know how GE can state that? When I contacted them, they sent emailed me the manual on what to do when you get your range....wash the Griddle with warm soapy water & dry.!! This does not/did not make the Griddle Non Stick! They sent the manual to me 2-3 times. I even got one to tell me how to remove rust from the Griddle - it's aluminum!

I received a second Griddle, the original one had a chip in the coating, I thought that it was defective and the new one would be a Non Stick surface. That did not happen. I don't think GE designed the Griddle on purpose not to be Non Stick, but it is not! The manual states not to use oils or sprays on it as it may discolor the Griddle. I have and it doesn't and bacon doesn't cause it to discolor and I don't know of any food that creates more oil/grease than bacon.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I bought a new GE Adora Gas Range. BIG MISTAKE... I have to light the burners with a match. The electric igniter is worthless. I will NEVER purchase a GE product... The only thing that lights automatically is the OVEN. How long before it quits too. The igniter on the top burners have NEVER WORKED properly. EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

We had this range for 5 years and loved it. Raved about it to everyone. The double oven feature is fantastic over the holidays. It was great until it became a fire hazard. Last July we began smelling burning plastic and seeing smoke coming from the control board. It took GE 3 weeks to replace out the control board and cost over $800. The control board had a warranty of 1 year.

Fast forward to January, when we smell burning plastic and saw smoke again. GE diagnosed the same issue, the control board. GE won't waive the labor and will discount the parts by 25%. Those same parts that are under warranty for 1 year. We've now been without a working range for over 2 weeks, and we shouldn't have to pay a dime for something that is clearly an engineering problem that they allegedly fixed last August. GE didn't care about our inconvenience of being without a range for 5 total weeks so far in the last 6 months. They didn't care that the technician told us it's a fire hazard and dangerous to operate. They could have very easily waived the parts and the labor, which costs them little. But now they've lost a loyal customer. We will NEVER buy anything GE again. And after seeing the other reviews, we are not alone.

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs

GE has been in business for more than 100 years and is one of the most recognized names in American manufacturing. It introduced one of the first mass-market electric stovetops in 1928: the Calrod Electric Range.

• Flexible choices: GE offers a variety of product lines designed specifically for small homes, large homes or businesses.

• Robust warranties: GE offers extensive warranties on all of its products, usually with the inclusion of home visits from maintenance personnel.

• GE Fits! Guarantee: GE guarantees that it can find a cooking appliance that will perfectly match the existing dimensions of a client's old appliance.

• Extensive special features: GE includes a variety of special features for select models, ranging from advanced software to the latest in induction technology and more.

• Made in America: GE guarantees that most of its appliances are designed and manufactured in the United States, and provides information outlining what percentage of an appliance's components were made in the U.S.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team