Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Ranges Reviews

Original review: July 9, 2019

No issues yet. But only had for 6 months so time will tell. Read a lot of negative reviews but none here. Bought in Nov ‘18 from Home Depot. Delivered and installed on time. Replaced 13 yr old GE appliances that were still working.

Original review: March 2, 2019

We had some oil spill in the oven, which proceeded to catch fire. It was a huge fire that burned for a while. But all it took was a little oven cleaner, and it looks like nothing ever happened! The coating and materials inside of the oven are completely fine. It also still works perfectly! I'm amazed. 10/10 stars.

Get expert buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

After having my Cafe Stovetop for about a year and a half, there was a electrical component malfunction. During this, smoke came out of the stovetop and it smelled of electrical burning. I sent a complaint to GE since several components were damaged. Knowing that the warranty was only for 1 year, there would be nothing they could do except sell me the parts.

I explained what happened and what parts were affected (burnt). I received a call from Danielle, as CS representative who was exceptionally friendly and helpful. They sent all the affected parts at no charge. A few weeks later we noticed that not only were the parts that we discussed damaged, but also a gas line was damaged. They immediately sent this part as well. No charge. I have to say, the customer service I received was far above what I expected. Thank you Danielle for the above and beyond support. I have always been loyal to GE and never had an issue in the past. This was the first time I have ever complained to any company, I was pleasantly surprised by the response.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

We bought a new home with all GE Cafe appliances. We moved in September 2016. On Thanksgiving Day the same year we cleaned the oven. Our fire detectors detect hot spots that set off the alarm to detect a starting fire. Our alarm went off and the fire department came. I called GE and the tech came out and it was the fan that turns on when the oven hits a certain temperature. That was replaced. The next time we cleaned the oven it shut off in mid clean cycle. We had it repaired.

We had a tech come out on the 19th to replace the latch on the oven. Cleaned the oven last night and again, F9 error and it burnt our backsplash and the back of the range. This range is a fire hazard. GE seems to think we should just go through the extended warranty. We only have that because she knew this was lemon from the get go. I feel GE should replace this range for the safety of our family. Do not buy GE. They don’t stand by the quality of their product. These are the worst appliances I have ever had.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have owned this range for 11 months. I finally called in a technician. The oven temperature is never constant or steady. He came and increased the setting UP by 20 F. If I open the oven door, the temperature can drop by more than 40 F in the time it takes to remove a pan and put in a new one. His answer, when I said that the first pan of cookies takes 12 minutes and the second pan takes 22 minutes. I am to bake one pan, remove it from the oven. Shut the oven off, then reset to 350. I am to wait 20 minutes before putting the pan in the oven as apparently the preheat signal does not mean the oven is at 350, it still needs another 20 minutes to reach the proper temperature. At that rate it would take 4 hours to bake 8 dozen cookies. I am so unimpressed with the service. I am sure the technician has never baked anything, or anything in an oven. I am ready to donate this range and find a new brand that works.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

This is a premium priced GE Cafe oven. After less than a week the control panel started freezing up and giving numerous error codes. A call to GE resulted in a two week delay for a tech to visit. The visit lasted 10 minutes and the diagnosis was it needed a new panel. Another two week delay for the part. Tech installed the new panel. After a week the error codes started again. When you lock the panel it can still be affected by a passing touch. I had to turn off the breaker and reboot the oven to get it going again. I will never buy any GE product ever again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Our GE oven was apparently 75 degrees above the set LED temperature, 350F on the LED was actually 425F inside temperature. We did not get an extended warranty which had expired after 12 months, we missed it by 1 month over. GE would not work with us on the $425.00 to repair the new range / oven. We had also bought a GW dishwasher that leaked from day one and ruined our new hardwood floors, they did fix that and it was under warranty. No more GE appliances for us, we are done!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

GE Profile appliances came with our new home. We have been here less than a year and the oven burner stopped working as well as the oven probe. I called for warranty service but GE said it was out of warranty. Apparently, they go by the builder purchase time instead of the new owner moving into the new house. The GE Profile series are WAY overpriced and last less than year! I Do NOT recommend any GE appliances and will never purchase them again.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

We had our glass cooktop installed in June 2019 and we loved it! Looked great, cooked evenly, pop up hood was super cool, but... because of installation (we think) it cracked approximately 10 inches 2 weeks later. So, we called GE and after a lot of back and forth, they agreed to replace it. I just noticed another smaller crack today, and I’m so upset. This is the first time I’ve had a glass cooktop, but it will prob be my last.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

Bought Ge cafe series all 4 products, dishwasher, gas range, microwave over the range, french door fridge. Techs have replaced range, gas leak, fridge noise, microwave, light out. All bad products and 13 months old. Don’t buy.

GE Washing Machines expert review by ConsumerAffairs

GE has been in business for more than 100 years and is one of the most recognized names in American manufacturing. It introduced one of the first mass-market electric stovetops in 1928: the Calrod Electric Range.

• Flexible choices: GE offers a variety of product lines designed specifically for small homes, large homes or businesses.

• Robust warranties: GE offers extensive warranties on all of its products, usually with the inclusion of home visits from maintenance personnel.

• GE Fits! Guarantee: GE guarantees that it can find a cooking appliance that will perfectly match the existing dimensions of a client's old appliance.

• Extensive special features: GE includes a variety of special features for select models, ranging from advanced software to the latest in induction technology and more.

• Made in America: GE guarantees that most of its appliances are designed and manufactured in the United States, and provides information outlining what percentage of an appliance's components were made in the U.S.

• Best for: Users cooking for one, users cooking for families and users cooking for businesses.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs