GE Ranges

GE Ranges

4.0/5 (498 ratings)

About GE Ranges

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

GE Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I really love this glass top stove. This stove comes with five burners a small burner in the center of the back is a warming zone which I've never had the opportunity to use prior to this stove. Also the two large front burners have small and large burner options so that fits my pan excellently. One of the large burners offers a power boil so when I want to heat water or cook something very fast or very hot I can use that option. The oven is large enough for any pan that I wish to use. It also has good storage in the drawer beneath the oven. The controls are on the back above the stove surface so they are not a danger to any small child be able to reach up and turn them on.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

For the first time in many years I finally found a company that makes more than just a genuinely wonderfully T.V. My LG stove is to me like a pair of gloves that fit perfectly on each hand and keep the cold out. Not really being the best cook alive, God knows this stove has timer that auto turns it off as well as beeps to let you know it’s done. It comes equipped with built in child locks on the handles so I don’t have to keep dismantling them eventually loosing them. Self cleaning oven.

Perfect temperature settings all the way around. Fast. Example my old stove I won’t mention any names however I was just cooking chicken legs. Baking them should have been a 25/30 minute job however 2.5 hours later I finally took them out wondering if I was in some kind of time warp, my husband came home lo and behold I served a fabulous dinner. UNTIL we took the first bite of our chicken,?!$ (need I say more?) Thanks Lg for helping a non cook like me make my family happy. It’s dinner time.

Get buying tips about Ranges, Ovens, and Stoves delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2021

While I love the precise control you have with a gas stove, a gas oven is dicey at best. Even with an oven thermometer, it's hard to control the temperature. My baked goods always burn or over-bake. Electric ovens are much more accurate with temperature -especially the ones you can program precisely. Also, gas ovens really create a lot of heat in the room which makes it hard to use the higher temperatures in modern apartments with sensitive smoke detectors that are located in the kitchen. I'm afraid to try and bake my tater tots which require 450 oven temperature. I didn't have the same concerns when I lived in apartments with electric ranges (although I hate electric stove tops). Too bad they couldn't make gas stovetop with electric oven ranges. :D

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

This is my third GE gas range -- two were the Profile model and one the "regular" model. I currently have a Profile, purchased for my new house in August 2020. I purchased seven appliances at that time and was amazed that owner's manuals were not included with all appliances -- but the GE Profile DID come with a manual.

Since this is my third GE gas range, I am familiar with the basic set-up of the unit. A few new features were added since my last purchase of a non-Profile GE gas range in 2012, but none of the new features are startlingly unusual. The feature I like most about the unit is that the grates over the burners cover the entire top of the range. There are four circular burners in each corner of the range top and an oval "griddle" in the center. There are three grates back-to-front across the range top. And they are black, so the constant soiling that collected on the gray grates I had on my two previous GE gas ranges isn't visible now. Two of the burners are large, high-powered ones and two are lesser powered (one of those being more of a "simmer" burner).

There are two features I don't like. One is that the alarm for the timer is so quiet it's impossible to hear if you're not within 2 feet of the range. I always set a small, portable Polder brand timer that has a loud alarm if I'm going to be in another room of the house while the range's timer is set. The other feature I dislike is that the surface under the burners is white (like color I ordered the stove in) and I wish it was black to match the grates. The gas from the burners, and spilled food, cause it to need daily cleaning. The stains left by the gas burners is very difficult to remove.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

I just recently purchased my GE stove and I absolutely love it. It is not the fanciest of new stoves but it is smooth top with 4 burners and a warming element. I also enjoy the fact that even though it is digital it is very simple to operate and understand. I also like that it is a convection oven and self cleaning with locking oven door. The only thing I can say about the product that I am disappointed with is the fact that I buy a brand new stove and it comes with simple operating instructions but it did not come with the complete manual. That has to be downloaded on a computer and there are still few people in the world that do not own a computer. All in all I would rate my GE stove 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

Our burners have been replaced 3 times in the past 2 years since we've purchased the range. This has not been the same burner either as the two main burners have both burnt out at least once. GE requires a $100 fee to send a technician out if you're not under warranty even if you refuse service (due to parts or extra complicated things). I've called customer service about this as parts have been replaced through warranty. Once you are outside the 1 year warranty window for the range (which strangely enough I've had multiple warranty claims already within the year) you must pay the fee.

I would say stay away from this company as the burners constantly blow out or stop working over short periods of time. I have owned multiple GE ranges and they've all had the same burner problems. You will most likely spend more money in 3-4 years than purchasing a completely different brand range as these GE stoves do not last.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

I have recently purchased a GE gas stove JCGB735SPSS. It works fine but the configuration of the burners is very impractical. The largest burner is at the front, so that means if I have two pots the smaller one would be behind the larger one ... how can I reach it? It is downright dangerous. Also, the largest pot - at the front by design - can be easily overturned and the content cause serious burns if not death. It is something one does not realize until the stove is in use. I was told the GE is a leader in appliances but the design of this stove is not a proof of this claim.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I understand the concern for safety. And it's not just G. E. products mandate I guess. However the safety burners shut off on you constantly. What ends up happening is ruined food. Messed up recipes, messed up cooking times, etc. The worst part is ruined food. It's so bad, that I had to go out and buy a hotplate. Oven is fine. Stovetop is essentially useless. It's in a rental. Can't get rid of it. If I owned it, I'd sell it for scrap.

Original review: April 25, 2021

We purchased a GE Adora gas range and I’ve regretted my decision ever since. The coating on the panel has been slowly peeling in little sections at a time and the knobs are cheap plastic with a “metal coating” that chipped completely off on two of them from the steam that comes from where the door is. I also wish I had realized that an interior door light was not included. A soufflé would almost be impossible to check on! Needless to say, I was completely in love with the appearance of the product and feel let down. Lesson learned and I will consider another brand when making my next purchase in appliances. Pretty to look at until the quality reveals itself.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I bought this GE range "Free standing Gas Convection range" in September 2020. I had to schedule service 4 times.. each time for different issues. Now, bake is alternating heat from lower burner to broil, burning all my cakes and food. Technician and everyone are saying it's functioning as designed. Owner's manual states "bake is lower burner only". They never disclosed this function. I just submitted a case with "Better Business Bureau". I will wait and see what happens.. NEVER BUY GE..

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

GE has been in business for more than 100 years and is one of the most recognized names in American manufacturing. It introduced one of the first mass-market electric stovetops in 1928: the Calrod Electric Range.

• Flexible choices: GE offers a variety of product lines designed specifically for small homes, large homes or businesses.

• Robust warranties: GE offers extensive warranties on all of its products, usually with the inclusion of home visits from maintenance personnel.

• GE Fits! Guarantee: GE guarantees that it can find a cooking appliance that will perfectly match the existing dimensions of a client's old appliance.

• Extensive special features: GE includes a variety of special features for select models, ranging from advanced software to the latest in induction technology and more.

• Made in America: GE guarantees that most of its appliances are designed and manufactured in the United States, and provides information outlining what percentage of an appliance's components were made in the U.S.

GE Ranges Company Information