GE Ranges

GE Ranges

4.0/5 (498 ratings)

About GE Ranges

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

GE Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Conventional Oven cooks fast. Electric range cost-efficient. Oven top appearance is a clean style. My first electric oven heats up fast and I love how the oven cooks. The cooktop cleans up well and shines in a few minutes when cleaning up the cooktop.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Was kinda hard to learn how to use this. Stovetop has buttons for simmer select and was hard to figure how to use. Also has weird burners. All in all it does work ok. Just a lot of learning and research to make it work right.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

The stove is three years old works great. Is a convection oven as well! I use it every day sometimes twice a day as we are all at home and it gets the job done! Love it!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

Steam oven has aluminum foil STUCK on bottom under racks cannot remove. Broiler has only worked 1 time since purchased. Stove is only 14 months old. I would never buy GE again. The GE dishwasher is falling apart also and over range microwave no longer works.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I have a smooth top GE self cleaning stove and I love it. I love how the elements heat up quickly and any spillage is easy to wipe up. GE is a great brand and one I will always choose. My microwave and refrigerator are also GE.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

The appliances in our home were a package but have been very happy with the flat top ceramic radiant heat stove. It makes cleanup and spills easy. Very easy to control heat level and oven is self cleaning.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

This gas stove and oven came with the house we bought. I hate it! The oven vents up the back of the oven and out where the burner grates are. It increases the temperature in my kitchen by 15 degrees, making it so hot that I have to open windows in the middle of winter! The burners are pretty picky on when they want to light and many times I have to clear the gas out of the room before I can light the burners with a match. This is after having the stove/oven checked and serviced before we moved in. As soon as I save up enough money this is being replaced with an electric stove/oven.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

My experience was the range did not fit the space. It was larger than the description said it was so we had to find a granite cutter to come in and cut the opening larger before we put the range in. A huge set back! Once we installed it, it works great.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I just purchased a GE gas range and it cooks just the way I like. The Oven heats up fast and cooks evenly. The burners heat up fast and make cooking a lot easier and faster. The oven is a must have if you're a cake lover. Cooks cakes golden brown.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

I have had my GE profile electric Oven for over 15 years and have been very happy with it. I like the controls being on the front, and the range of heat control on each one of the four elements. I also like that one element has two different setting to accommodate a small pan or a large pan.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

This range is 21 years old and has been in the house I live in since then. It was purchased new. Three of the four electric coil burners don't work. The oven works fine. To my knowledge, it has never been serviced. It has a handy storage drawer underneath. The self-cleaning mechanism no longer functions. I use the oven for approximately one hour each night anywhere from 250-500 degrees and the range for about one hour on high and two hours on low each night.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

This GE Profile 2003 oven is good and the lights are good that say the stove surface is still hot. The top glass has cracks and is expensive to replace and the surface is hard to clean. The white is also hard to clean and the metal piece below door has rust on it. Overall I got it pre owned so I got a good deal on it and it matches my set. I have not had any major repairs on it so that is also good. Also the interior bottom surface is also hard to clean.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Never had a gas stove. It heats up quickly and efficiently. I wish it was easier to clean. I feel like everything I cook sticks to it. The oven take way too long to heat up so a busy mom with 3 kids it’s challenging sometimes. I love that it’s user friendly.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

These appliances are cheaply made and it appears GE has entered into a period of planned obsolescence. They have parts failure within 3 years. Price has gone up while quality has gone down. There is not much to like.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Great product. Wouldn’t change a thing about my slide in stainless range except add convection cooking. I prefer controls in the front instead of on the top to give more cooking space but I like it as it is.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

The print has worn off the knobs so it’s hard to tell temperature. Also very hard to clean without special cleaning agents. The hinges on the oven door loosened quickly so not quite sure what to do about it dropping open.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have the electric GE Eterna. It seems to heat consistently. It is energy efficient. Mine is a few years old and still doing well. The glass top is fairly easy to clean.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

It’s a GE Profile gas range. I love it. It’s very old, 16 years. Sometimes, a burner needs replacement. I keep it up with spills in the oven and self clean when it needs it. All my appliances are stainless steel. My house is 1932. The range fits right in.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

Owned range for 20 years. 100% happy with it. Also a flat ceramic top not scratched... Still looks new...black. Use every day for 20 years. All of my appliances are GE and I would buy again. Also owned GE previously with another home... 18 years with very happy results.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I have used GE appliances for a very long time, never had a problem with any. My current stove is a GE, whether stove top or oven use I am never disappointed. I am from a large family, so heavy duty cooking and baking is something that I've always done. There are so many styles to choose from, they fit in well with every style of design!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

We bought a house that has a GE Monogram stovetop. It has 5 electric burners that take too long to heat up. I also do not enjoy that the burners are all about the same size - medium. This makes it difficult to use large skillets for adequately cooking.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

We ordered the 6 burner cafe line and it has performed above expectations. We had built a new house and wanted to go with a bigger stove. Everywhere we looked in that size was extremely overpriced. The price and quality were excellent.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

For the first time in many years I finally found a company that makes more than just a genuinely wonderfully T.V. My LG stove is to me like a pair of gloves that fit perfectly on each hand and keep the cold out. Not really being the best cook alive, God knows this stove has timer that auto turns it off as well as beeps to let you know it’s done. It comes equipped with built in child locks on the handles so I don’t have to keep dismantling them eventually loosing them. Self cleaning oven.

Perfect temperature settings all the way around. Fast. Example my old stove I won’t mention any names however I was just cooking chicken legs. Baking them should have been a 25/30 minute job however 2.5 hours later I finally took them out wondering if I was in some kind of time warp, my husband came home lo and behold I served a fabulous dinner. UNTIL we took the first bite of our chicken,?!$ (need I say more?) Thanks Lg for helping a non cook like me make my family happy. It’s dinner time.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

All the features I wanted and best price overall. It has 5 burners and a griddle which I use often. The steam clean is a new feature that I like. I've used it in commercial ovens but never before at home. The stove cooks evenly and keeps the food warm when done. The price was right. Storage underneath is a bit small but it's more for broiling than storing extra cast iron skillets.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

The wall oven I purchased three years ago can only be operated with cabinet doors above open- so much heat rises through an opening at the top, emitting heat straight up. Would ruin my cabinet doors if I didn’t open them. Told no remedy!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Seems like GE breaks faster these days, and difficult or impossible to get replacement parts. When you can speak to a human, can get various inaccurate answers: "don't make the part any longer", "part will be here next month..." When next month comes-- "can't get it 'til March/December... We don't know..." "The part you ordered (and paid for) won't fix that; you need to buy a new $600 door..."

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Have owned their products for years and always have had very good luck with them. They last a long time and outperform other companies. When and if there is a service need they are very prompt to come help. CSR are very well educated on their products.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Range top is great but we’ve had a lot of problems with the oven and broiler igniters. There is still a gas smell when either the broiler or oven are heating that lasts about 10 minutes. We have to run the exhaust fan in our over stove microwave to keep the odor at bay.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

Everything works great on stove. But to me there is 1 downfall. I purchased the glass top. It’s a headache to keep clean. I have to clean after each use and at times it’s very difficult to wipe the overspills off. Even just boiling plain water. Leaves a cleanup job. I will never purchase a glass top stove again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

GE is a good stove. Have had it over twenty years. I need to get another one. Would like to get a new one that's up to date. But I can't afford to. Would be nice to tho. Some day I will tho. Maybe in a couple of years I might be able to get one..

GE Ranges Company Information