GE Ranges

GE Ranges

4.0/5 (498 ratings)

About GE Ranges

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

GE Ranges Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Ranges?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2021

I was worried that I would not like an electric range. I have always used a professional gas range. This range is nice looking as well as a good performer. I really enjoy the convection oven. Thumbs up GE, all around great Range.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Sturdy, well-built unit. Have used almost daily for a year now with no problems. Racks and griddle unit are strong, a little on the heavy side, but stay in place. Some problem with accidentally turning gas knobs when reaching over. Controls can be locked, but not that.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

Had the stove for 20 years, still works but showing its age. Enamel began chipping about six years ago. Temperature control, which was never great, has gotten uneven. The self cleaning function is minimally effective. The cook surface, flat electric, Is not as easy to clean. It is on my list to replace.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

My GE stove had provided the most consistent gas levels and range, as well as the oven and warming draw. My meals and creative baking skills requires consistent heating to assist getting my recipes correct moist tasty. This helps keep my friends and family wanting more. Also keeps those important to me at my table. Thank you GE for your gas consistency.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I’m pretty picky when it comes to the range/stove. I’m a renter at this time and like gas better due to the control of the flame. This is a glass top. Although they look nice polished and shiny, and they’ve been out for a very long time, I hate them for practicality. Just after one use, you wipe, and finding the “right” product to get just boiled over substances, I’m constantly scrubbing and polishing to get that nice CLEAN look. I have better things to do than clean a glass stove top! The cooking side of things; it’s not my favorite to have an electric stove. It takes a bit to heat up at the start and it’s new! Then, takes a bit for the temp to lower when needed. The last thing I want to express is that the “low” is like medium on one burner, and another it’s like off or barely on, although the light indicates it is on. Just not for ME... All in all, it cooks.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

This was in the home when we purchased it. Has been a good range. The only down side would be I would have preferred a burner on top that was a little hotter to use on large pots and pans. More BTUs. Other than that it has been a great range, and I would get another in the future.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

My GE Profile stove is a gas slide in range with 4 burners and 1 oven. I love the cook top burners. There is a simmer burner that's very handy and works well. I have not been as happy with the oven. It takes a long time to preheat. Food does not cook evenly. Baked goods, and roasted items that you expect to brown all over need to be turned half way thru. My former GE Profile stove was all electric with 5 burners and the oven preheated much faster and food browned more evenly. Next time I want dual fuel, a gas cook top with 5 burners and an 2 electric ovens.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

The oven temperature is off. The front/back decals have faded. It has one burner for boiling, that is a nice feature. It also has a self cleaning feature. Other than the oven being off it’s a decent stove.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

Always provided good service. In the six years we have owned it we have been very satisfied. Cooks well and easy to clean. No problems to report. My wife was a good cook and was very happy with our GE range. Would absolutely recommend it.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I love my GE Monogram appliances except that the stove is soooo hot when you open it that it literally almost burns your eyelashes off. Otherwise it's great and cooks great. Its self-clean is great as well.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

This smooth-top electric slide-in range has a convection oven, three oven racks, and several sizes of stove-top burners. The controls are easy to understand and use, and it does a good job of cooking my food.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

We needed to have our GE cafe range/oven serviced because the oven fan was super loud initially. Since then, I’d give our oven/range a 10/10. Love the griddle in the middle. Needed to add a piece of copper to even it out, but I now make the best pancakes!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

On my GE range/oven the Oven cooks unevenly and not at correct temperature. Top part, the range works and heats correctly and very nice. Just oven is not correct. Oven door works perfectly and the underneath drawer is great also.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I purchased a GE Cafe induction cooktop in 2018 and a GE Cafe refrigerator in 2019. My cooktop did have an issue with a burner. I called customer service and received some of the best customer service I have ever experienced. Within a few days a GE Cafe representative came out to my house and replaced the broken component. I haven’t had any issues with my stove since and am extremely pleased with it’s performance and quality. I highly recommend GE Cafe to anyone that would like luxury appliances at a great price.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2021

I am very satisfied with my electric ceramic stove top. It is very easy to keep clean. Stove is Stand alone with 4 heating elements and fits most cooking utensils. There is a warming element and 2 ovens. This feature is very handy during the Holiday Season. The ovens are self cleaning and are sparkling after running clean cycle

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

There was a problem with a leaking gas valve upon installation. My gas burner was leaking gas ever so slightly. Took almost 2 weeks before it was fixed. The repairman did say in 30 years on this business he had maybe one leaky gas burner. So I guess it might be very rare. Other than that I am happy with it.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Works nicely!!! Cleans easily!!! Glad I have it!!! Keep finding stuff I like about it! Would recommend it!!! Surprised it’s GE. Best range I ever had!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

It was reliable, a workhorse until one burner gave out. It's old, needs to be replaced. The problem now is the price. Everything is so expensive. We would consider another GE product in a modest price range. I am on a fixed income. We just have to do without one burner a bit longer.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Went from electric to gas. Best move ever made. Could not be any more happy with our GE range. Easy to use and clean. Gas heat is right there when needed. Controls are easy to use. The overall look of the stove is easy on the eyes and easy to operate.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Not my favorite stove by any means. Will not buy another GE stove again. It is very difficult to clean especially the range top. No matter what products I use, I have to scrub and scrub. It's very hard to get the burners clean.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

My GE electric range is white, of average size and is self cleaning. The range top has the standard four burners, 2 large and 2 small. The range top lift up for easy cleaning. The range has a clock, a cooking timer and easy on and off burner pans. The oven have a glass window for viewing food without opening the door. A great feature! It has slots for four racks and a rubber rim so the heat stays in the oven for even cooking. Finally, the range has a drawer at the very bottom. You can use the bottom drawer to keep cooked food warm or for storage of pots, pans, tops and other cookware.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I love my GE Electric Stove with smooth Glass Cookson. It's an awesome stove. Easy to clean. I highly recommend GE Products. I've never been disappointed by GE Products nor will I think you'll be disappointed. It has a self clean feature, timer, clock etc.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

3 years old and control panel quit working. Can't use the oven. GE SOLD us a replacement. $70.00 plus $19.00 for the overlay. We bought from Home Depot when we remodeled our kitchen. Bought the gas stove, double door fridge, microwave, and dishwasher. Almost $3000.00 dollars worth of appliances. Also bought $150.00, 5 year warranty. Called Home Depot on broken stove. Guess what, warranted only covers the fridge. Yeah right. We are 70 years old on fixed income. Nice going Home Depot. Bad on GE for not backing up their stove.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Easy features and understanding of control. The heat elements give accurate temperatures that recipes times are precise and meat is cooked accurately per your required taste. My guests have been quite happy with my dinner parties saying my cooking has been improved since my recent purchase of this GE stove. I have also using the timer have furnished good for a gathering of sixty people. The best stove I’ve owned.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Functionality and long term endurance is lacking. Examples are LED display dimming as early as 5 years and getting worse as time goes by. Profile downdraft stovetop lacks variable sized BTU burners. On the other hand, nothing failed as it is aging. Everything still "works."

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

My ceramic top range has been very reliable but I dislike the white ceramic top since it is so difficult to clean and always looks dirty. Otherwise everything works well with no problems and it is 15 years old.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

This is the original stove that came with the house. It is a GE XL44. It cooks a bit higher than where it is set. It is 24yrs old and works like a charm. Never had a problem with it. Great gas stove!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Digital time does not register the heating temperature and has to be turned several times before it sets at the right temperature. The heating on the gauge has to be resent numerous times, before the actual settings are corrected.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

I had a stove from GE for 20 years. It was still going strong. Nothing was wrong with it. Just wanted a glass top. It also works beautifully for the last 5 years. Wonderful company! They seem to build top quality.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2021

Our range and oven were built-in with the house when we bought it new, 15 years ago. We have not had any problems with either one. The range is gas and the ovens are electric. The top oven, the larger of the two is self cleaning and this feature works very well. The range is self igniting and still works. when we had a new dishwasher installed the installer said w will not have to replace the ovens any time soon as they last longer than most.

GE Ranges Company Information