Find a Dishwashers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

About GE Dishwashers

GE appliances come with a traditional warranty, but the company also offers extended coverage with a Service Protection Advantage plan from Assurant, GE’s authorized provider of extended warranties. The plan covers parts and labor for appliance repairs for an extended period. Customers pick and choose which appliances or systems need to be covered.

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

GE Dishwashers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Dishwashers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about GE Washing Machines?

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Purchased my GE Profile series dishwasher several years ago and it has served me well over countless cycles. There have been a couple of occasions that it required repairs (water leaking) but had been done so under warranty conducted by an actual GE tech. When this unit finally reaches its usable service life I’m most likely to consider a GE unit again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I recommend GE dishwasher to anyone that wants to purchase a dishwasher. This dishwasher is so convenient after a long day of working coming home not having to wash dishes is a luxury. I love the color, the size and simplicity of being able to use it. Don't let this brand pass you by. GE is the way to go anytime you want to purchase a dishwasher.

Get buying tips about Dishwashers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

My GE Profile Dishwasher is a "plain Jane" without the bells and whistles, yet is a trusted, working appliance. Honestly, the only beef I have with this model is that plastic articles do not dry completely unless placing the controls on "Heated Dry," and leaving the dishes in the dishwasher for the entire drying cycle. I have had my kids place some dishes in the dishwasher, caked in day old food. I left the plates in the dishwasher, hoping to teach my kids a lesson about rinsing off their dishes before placing them in. Imagine my surprise when after running the dishwasher through its normal cycle, the plates came out spotlessly clean! Impressive!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2021

GE models PDT750SSF1SS purchased for new home May 2014 has been an excellent unit. For price much quieter than expected and does a great job on a full load in the normal cycle. Builder had a kitchen design glitch due to protruding handle which required an installation modification. He planned for builders grade appliances that were flush front. The stainless interior and ease of cleaning screens etc. make this unit a delight to use.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

My dishwasher came with the home when we purchased it, and we did not see any good reason to replace it. It is a standard model, with a nice stainless steel interior. We have had no problems with it and plan to use it until it fails. I would like to have the upgrade model in a new home. This one does a good job washing the dishes.

Original review: July 4, 2021

I bought a GE dishwasher that has a plastic tub. The tub smells. I asked GE to replace it, they won't because they say it operates correctly. I cannot imagine why any manufacturer would use a product in a dishwasher that STINKS. The plastic even has a warning for California consumers, that it's a cancer-causing substance. I'm glad I don't live in California, so it will never cause cancer here....

Original review: June 22, 2021

We bought this dishwasher, with third rack and steel tub, after extensively reading reviews online. We went through Home Depot and had to wait a month for the dishwasher to be delivered. We have had it just over a month now and not only does it fail to get all of the dishes completely clean (even when run on heavy cycle) it NEVER dries even with the dry boost on. We never overload it or load it incorrectly and still there are dishes and utensils with food residue after it's done running which takes hours. I predict it will rust out in about five years (planned obsolescence). The only feature I'm happy with is that it is nearly silent. Not hearing it run helps to not remind me how much money we wasted.

Original review: March 28, 2021

We bought a new GE dishwasher 28 APR 2020. I noticed it wasn't working right about 5 months later. We are just over 1 month from the end of the warranty. The store where we bought it has been fantastic, but they've been out 5 times to try to fix this sucker and they can't. GE told ME they would replace it if the store called to say they couldn't fix it, but when the store called, they refused. They're sending the repair guy out yet again one week before the warranty expires so he can call them and they'll talk about it while he's here. I'll never buy another GE appliance again.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

First, I want to acknowledge that I misplaced my receipt due to a move, 8 storage units and 4 houses. But...I did register my new, never before installed dishwasher when it was installed October 2020. After install I ran it empty to test/clean it. IT LEAKED. I called GE to schedule repair. I was told it was manufactured in 2018 (another said 2019) and it was not under warranty. I explained I purchased it only a few months before and installation was delayed due to my contractors. They said I would have to pay for labor but the parts were covered under warranty. I didn't like it but agreed because I couldn't find the receipt (from a big box store).

Local repair people came, after 2 more calls, 3 weeks later and fixed the leak. They did not run or check if anything else was wrong with the dishwasher. I began using it and quickly realized that it did not get the dishes clean. It does not heat the water, it does not dry, it can't possibly sanitize without heat and kitchen installer said it was missing the kick plate. Geez!! And this is just the things I know!! I have called 4 times now to schedule a service repair, each time having to explained the whole thing, sit on hold, ask to speak to a supervisor, be transferred to customer service and 4 times I have been DISCONNECTED!! I bought all GE appliances so they would match but I would give anything if I didn't have to deal with GE again!! Unfortunately, I will have to call again Monday or buy a different brand. Save yourself and buy another brand!!! Wish I could submit a picture.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

Twenty years plus and it's still going, made in the USA. It might not be very energy efficient, but it gets a full load of plates, glasses and utensils for a family of six clean in about 45 minutes. No fancy controls, but it gets the job done.

GE Washing Machines author review by ConsumerAffairs

Since it’s founding as the Edison Electric Light Company in 1878, GE has been a household name in appliances. The company's innovation keeps it at the forefront of home design with smart products and integrated technologies.

• Compact built-ins available: Where most dishwashers are 24 inches, GE offers a more compact size, at only 18 inches, which is great for small kitchens and apartments.

• Front or top controls: Depending on your countertops, you might not be able to easily use top controls on a dishwasher, so having the option of top or front controls makes finding the right machine easier.

• Portable dishwashers: GE's portable options allow you to get a dishwasher that you can take with you if you move. Also, with these dishwashers you don’t need a plumber to install it.

• Under-sink installations: To keep storage loss to a minimum, GE manufactures dishwashers that you can install directly under a sink or a cooktop.

• Guided tour to GE dishwashers: Use easy-to-navigate website resources to learn the pros and cons of each style so you can choose the one that works best for you.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team