Find the Best Garage Door Repair in Milwaukee, WI
Top 7 Milwaukee Garage Door Repair Companies
|Able-Luebke Overhead Doors||Read Author Review|
Offers 24-hour emergency services. Installs and repairs both residential and commercial garage doors. Customers request a quote on website. Sells and installs LiftMaster garage door openers.
|Adam Overhead Door, LLC||Read Author Review|
Offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee, free quotes and some of the most competitive pricing in the area. Free, no-obligation survey helps decide services and options.
|Geis Building Products||Read Author Review|
24-hour emergency service. Responds to most requests within a day. Sells and installs garage doors from Clopay, Wayne Dalton, Amarr and Designer Doors. Garage door tune-ups available.
|JD Griffiths Co||Read Author Review|
Sells LiftMaster garage door openers and a variety of garage door brands. Offers a 10 percent off discount for senior citizens as well as coupons on their website.
|Joe Wilde Company||Read Author Review|
Offers free quotes and 24-hour emergency services. Industry leader in service and experience. Offers carriage house, classic and modern garage doors.
|Precision Overhead Door of Milwaukee||Read Author Review|
Available 24-hours a day. Offers military and senior citizen discounts with coupons on their website. Provides a limited lifetime warranty and free quotes throughout Wisconsin.
|Pro-Lift Doors of Milwaukee||Read Author Review|
Free quotes. Online chat directly on their website. 10% discount for military, veterans, first responders and teachers.
Common garage door repairs needed in Milwaukee
Wisconsin’s ever-changing weather can wreak havoc on your garage door. Humid summers, wet springs and snowy winters affect any metal parts, from the springs to the tracks and sometimes even the doors themselves. Rust and weakening of the springs can occur, as a lack of lubrication can exacerbate the wear and tear of the mechanics. Snow and ice buildup can affect the door’s eye and eat at the weather seal.
Below are a few of the most common garage door repairs needed in Milwaukee and their estimated cost.
|Repair needed||Often caused by||Quoted Price|
|Replaced weather seal||Harsh weather, wear and tear||$80 - $120|
|Broken Springs||Extreme cold||$100-$300 per spring, depending on material|
|Imbalanced or shifted door weight||Ice accumulation||$50-$100|
|Unlocking/unsticking gears and joints||Lack of lubrication due to cold weather||$75-$150|
|Warped track||Moisture swollen or frozen frame||$125-$200|
Installation and garage door repair costs in Milwaukee
We’ve gathered quotes from Milwaukee garage door repair companies on installation, standard repairs and maintenance plans.
- How much is garage door installation in Milwaukee?
- A single door on a two-car garage in Milwaukee runs from about $500 - $2,000+, and total purchase and installation of the same garage door costs from $1100 - $1500. Garage work labor costs average $75 - $125 an hour, and a full door replacement likely takes around four hours.
In general, a garage door service company in Milwaukee includes the cost of installation with the purchase of a garage door. Garage door prices in Milwaukee vary depending on size, style, brand and materials, so customers should receive estimates from garage door installers before making a purchase.
- How much do garage door repairs cost in Milwaukee?
- Depending on the type of fix and the quality of the parts needed, garage door repair prices vary, but most repairs cost between $100 - $350.
The most common garage door repair in Milwaukee is spring replacement. A single spring replacement should cost about $100, though it can go up as high as $400 depending on the material of the spring. A broken cable is usually around $150 to replace, while a new garage door opener runs between $200 - $350. Sometimes a single panel on a garage door can be replaced — that usually costs in the range of $250 - $700.
- What’s the price of a garage door maintenance plan in Milwaukee?
- Garage door maintenance plans in Milwaukee tend to cost between $60 - $200 per year, not including further labor or parts. However, if you know probable issues in advance, you can schedule the work instead of paying for emergency services.
Every company’s care plan varies on the number of things covered, but most preventative maintenance involves a multi-part check of tensions, lubrication and function of the door. Many companies also offer a discount on parts and labor to customers who have a maintenance plan in place.
Emergency garage door repair in Milwaukee
Though you try to be proactive, it’s likely you’ll need emergency repair service on a garage door at some point. It’s crucial to research company policies on pricing when it comes to emergency garage door repair in Brew City. Though many places offer 24/7 services, many companies charge a premium price for late-night or weekend services.
Here are a few tips for finding the most reasonable emergency services for nights, weekends and holidays:
- Look for a company with longer business hours
- Check the company’s website - if they aren’t upfront with their coverage or prices, be suspicious and ask questions
- Call to confirm that the company does not require a fee for emergency services and ask them to send an email with that guarantee in writing
When assessing a company’s emergency services, here are a few things you can ask to find the perfect business for you:
- Are there additional fees during certain times or days?
- How quickly can a technician be there?
- Are arrival times guaranteed?
- Are emergency services guaranteed to be completed same-day?
The best garage door repair company in Milwaukee offer emergency service at no extra cost and can respond to your issues within a few hours of your call. You don’t want to be left vulnerable with a busted garage door in the dead of a Milwaukee winter.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter!
Milwaukee garage door repair company information
Adam Overhead Door is well-known for its impeccable service and custom garage door work in Milwaukee. They offer several repair options, from replacing springs to re-balancing the system, as well as door, opener-motor and cable replacement. The company offers a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Instead of a simple quote, they offer a free survey. It covers every aspect of your garage and your needs, giving you help in deciding how best to move ahead with your garage project.
- Website: adamoverheaddoorwi.com
- Address: 602 East Mason St., Milwaukee, WI 53202
- Phone Number: (262) 827-3667
- Hours of operation: M-F: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
JD Griffiths Co. can build your garage from scratch, remodel your current garage and provide service and repairs for almost any garage in the Milwaukee area. Their large showroom lets customers see a variety of garage doors in Milwaukee and how their LiftMaster garage door openers work. In addition to standard garage repairs, JD Griffiths specializes in garage slab installations. Customers can submit a request for a free quote directly on their website. They are the largest garage contractor in Milwaukee.
- Website: jdgriffiths.com
- Address: 8401 W. Calumet Rd., Milwaukee, WI 53224
- Phone Number: (414) 362-7222
- Hours of operation: M - F: 7am - 4:30pm
Able-Luebke Overhead Doors provides commercial and residential offerings, as well as work on docks and door security. This company provides a wide array of services for nearly every entry-point need. The company promptly completes repairs, and customers love working with a locally-owned business. Able-Luebke offers LiftMaster garage door openers and a variety of garage door brands.
- Website: ableluebkedoors.com
- Address: 4170 South Howell Ave., Milwaukee WI 53207
- Phone Number: (414) 645-1686
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8am - 5pm; 24 hour emergency service
Precision Garage Door in Wisconsin offers same-day guarantees during the week for any calls before noon and around-the-clock service. They offer a 25-point inspection, hardware overhauls and work to silence noisy doors in addition to standard repair services on tracks, rollers, cables and springs. Precision Garage Door does not charge an additional fee for night or weekend work and has one of the longest regular-work days in the area.
- Website: https://wisgaragedoors.com/
- Address: N57 W13556 Reichert Ave., Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
- Phone Number: (414) 373-9804
- Hours of operation: M - Sun: 8am - 8pm; 24/7 emergency services
Established in 1945, The Joe Wilde Company is a staple of service in southeastern Wisconsin, offering installation and repair of garage doors, garage openers and more. They offer 24/7 service to replacement springs, cables, track, rollers, sections and doors. The company also re-balances and provides emergency services to help you get your car out of the garage and back on the road. They sell and install a variety of garage door styles, like carriage house, classic and modern.
- Website: joewilde.com
- Address: 16601 W Cleveland Ave., New Berlin, WI 53151
- Phone Number: (262) 782-0500
- Hours of operation: M-F: 7:30am - 5pm; Sat: 9am - 12pm
Serving much of southeastern Wisconsin, Geis Building Products boasts free, at-home estimates. Their large showroom allows customers to see their products in person, which include garage doors from Clopay, Wayne Dalton and Amarr. In addition to traditional repairs of garage door parts, Geis offers garage door tune-ups and preventive maintenance options. With a six-county service area, they can have a service technician to a customer’s house as soon as 30 minutes after a call.
- Website: geisdoors.com
- Address: 20520 Enterprise Ave., Brookfield, WI 53008
- Phone Number: (262) 784-4250
- Hours of operation: M-F: 8am - 5pm; Sat: 8am - 12pm
Pro-Lift Doors of Milwaukee is a national company that focuses on installations and garage door repair. They have a 21-point safety inspection, as well as a tune-up for everything from weight distribution to lubricant. Pro-Lift has repaired thousands of garage doors in Milwaukee, and customers love their quick response time as well as efficient work.
- Website: proliftdoors.com/milwaukee
- Address: 9287 N. Broadmoor Rd., Milwaukee, WI 53217
- Phone Number: (414) 577-5313
- Hours of operation: M - F: 8am - 7pm; Sat: 11am - 4pm
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?
Take a quiz and get matched with an Accredited Partner.