4.25/5

104 Gain Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 7, 2018

I love Gain and I don't use any other laundry detergent. The scent is the best. It last for a long time in your linen closets or clothing drawer. I Highly recommend Gain to all consumers.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Love Gain's fresh scent, it last for weeks after washing. Leaves clothes felling soft, without need for ironing. It also makes the house smell like fresh laundry.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Gain is the only detergent that every member of my family can use without some type of reaction. All of the scents are great! We use the detergent, fabric softeners, and the fragrance beads. Love it.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I have only been using these products for about 6 months. They clean my clothes okay and the fabric softeners have a great smell. If I had a suggestion it would be to make the detergent a little thicker. I have found some bottles to be kind of watery. Other than that, I do like your products and will continue to use them.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Gain cleans well, it smells really good. However, I itch all over when I use it. If you have sensitivities, this may not be the detergent for you. Still, it really is a great detergent, just not for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gain?

Original review: July 3, 2018

I am a happy person when using Gain detergent. I love how clean it gets my clothes and the smell it leaves my clothes which is a fresh and clean scent.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I love buying and using Gain soap to wash all my clothes, since it leaves very clean, does not discolor it and leaves it with a delicious scent that lingers. I love it and I recommend it a lot.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Gain is a wonderful detergent. A little goes a long way. It washes clothes exceptionally well, leaving a wonderful fresh scent. You don't need to add fabric softener because Gain softens and refreshes dingy surfaces.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I started using Gain many years ago. It was the generic brand back then. As the years have gone by evidently other people used it too and the price went up. But it doesn't matter. It is still my no. 1 pick.

Original review: July 1, 2018

I love to use Gain for my family. My grandchildren they're very active in sports playing outside, so they get stains, grass stains, and dirt and Gain is the only soap that gets it out on the first try. After I pretreat put it in Gain and let the front loaders do the rest. Gain's the answer. It also makes them smell fresh and I also love to use the dryer sheets for Gain. How many varieties of smells. Some grandchildren like the Tropical Breeze and some just like the regular one that you have! LOL. Not picky right but they do love the smell of Gain. I even wash my dog's blankets, their bedding and also our sleeping bags and camping equipment. Makes them smell so good when I put them away and when we get them out to use them again the tents and everything they're fresh and they smell good as new even better so when we get in the tents at night you can smell the Gain. Nice smell. Thank you so much!

Original review: June 30, 2018

I have used Gain for over ten years now. My family loves the scents and it is the only detergent they are not allergic to. When my two daughters moved out they continued to buy Gain. It makes our clothes smell like they just came off the clothesline in the country. Wish I could get some coupons to help me with my shopping.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I really like the long lasting fresh smell of Gain and the way it makes my laundry feel. Gain also leaves my clothes very clean, and it is not too strong for sensitive skin.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I choose Gain and love the fresh scents of their laundry detergent. I have used other brands, and I don't get as good of a result with them.

Original review: June 28, 2018

It gets blood out of my elderly Dad's PJ's without anything else! I'm impressed! I would use it over most brands if I could afford it! Has good coupons for it now!

Original review: June 27, 2018

Gain does a great job on my work clothes that get very dirty. My clothes are always soft after the wash and the scent always is a bonus. One of my favorite products to use.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I love the smell of my husband's clothes. When he has been out he doesn't smell like a worker but still nice and clean which does stay with him thru the day.

Original review: June 25, 2018

I been using Gain for a very long time. I love the way it make my clothes smell. I also use the Gain beads. So I say give it a try.

Original review: June 24, 2018

I love the scent. Clothes come out fresh and clean and they smell like they have just come off the outdoor clothesline. Furthermore, Clothes washed gently. It has high quality cleaning power.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Wish it removed stains a bit better. I use the cold water one. The price is reasonable but I do have to add OxiClean in some loads. Otherwise a good product.

Original review: June 23, 2018

I love the price and the nice selection of scents Gain offers. It also does a great job of getting your clothes clean and keeping them fresh. I love that when I open my dresser drawer my items still smells like they just came out the washing machine or the dryer.

Original review: June 22, 2018

Try other detergents and they wouldn't work on my kids' clothes. So I went and bought the Gain and by me having two boys the stains came out of their clothes. Been part of the family from 26 years. Wouldn't trade it for nothing in the world. I rated at 100%. Love it Gain.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I use Gain for quality and value. It smells good and is a great price. I use the liquid and the flings/Pods and they work great for small or large loads!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I love how well GAIN gets the dirt, stains and makes the clothes smell fresh and clean... Also how the smell stays more than a little bit, it smells fresh and clean throughout the day!!!

Original review: June 20, 2018

I like it but sometimes it doesn't have enough scrub factor as I call it to underarm stains out. It and EVERY OTHER laundry detergent I have used has yet to knock that stain out. I have to prewash ALL OF MY LAUNDRY before washing. It's like it won't take out the deodorant. So it takes the dyes from other clothes and stains them.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I like using Gain for the scents and the variety. It's good to use for clothes. I use this detergent normally for my clothes, and would recommend it.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Have used Gain powder for many years and have gotten consistently good results. It is a bit more expensive than other brands but worth it. It is important to wait until there is some water in tub before adding powder or it may collect on clothes and not fully dissolve if you sprinkle on dry clothes.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have used Gain for several years now and I love it! It cleans very well, leaves the clothes clean, fresh, and soft too. I've also found that Gain helps to take stains out. Gain will always have my loyalty.

Original review: June 17, 2018

Gain is great for the price. We have terrible water in Los Angeles, so it doesn't really make any difference in what we use. But, I've found Gain liquid to be very reliable and economical too.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We started using Gain last year. I like the smell and it last a long time after each wash. Its cleaning power is great. My clothes comes out feeling soft and this is due to the Gain fabric softener. Great job Gain company.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The substance encasing the detergent does not dissolve well and I am afraid that the substance will clog my machine. Gain cleans fair and smells good but will not buy again.

Gain Company Information