4.59/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

102 Gain Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

My son wets the bed, when I wash my sheets and clothing with Gain the smell is always fresh days and days after laundering. Gain has really made my life easy.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I like the price and the scent of Gain but I buy it only when I have a coupon. Print coupons are difficult to find and when I go to the website it doesn't immediately give me a coupon so I have to go to other pages.

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: July 29, 2018

I love the smell of Gain laundry detergent but I don’t like that it’s not environmentally safe. So many detergents pollute our waters. All companies should take into consideration that all waters lead back to every human who drinks water. Therefore a detergent that is eco friendly should be available to all humans.

Original review: July 28, 2018

The detergent makes the clothes smell good and I have been using it for a very long time. I also like to use the dryer sheets. The product is affordable and easy to use.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I use Gain liquid detergent regularly. My clothes get washed once a week and it smells so good on my clothes. I enjoy the sweet scents it has. It’s high efficiency, so it works good in my wash machine. If my machine works good with this detergent, then I’ll stick with it. I’m going to try another scent that’s new to Gain. Gain has a reasonable price of it. This product comes in pods also. It’s also available in regular powder detergent. You should give it a try.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gain?

Original review: July 24, 2018

Gain has great fragrance that lasts. Does not seem to cause allergies nor harsh chemical residual on clothes. Does not smell chemical and has a great soap water ratio.

Original review: July 23, 2018

It is the only one we can use and no allergenic reaction happens. Our clothes always smells clean and fresh. Doesn't dull our colors on our clothes.

Original review: July 23, 2018

Gain is the best value on the dollar for loads per wash. I have been a laundromat guy for a few years but have been using Gain for quite some time. It does have a fresh scent. Does not clump and leave residue on clothes.

Original review: July 22, 2018

I LOVE the smell, it is so fresh!!! I have allergies to a lot of soaps & detergents & Gain has never bothered MY skin at all!!! Clothes are ALWAYS very clean & fresh!!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Gain has a fresh, great scent. It gets our clothes super clean, gets stains out. Love the result of using Gain in the washer and dryer sheets too.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Love the scent and cleaning power of Gain. Clothes have fresh, clean fragrance after washing. I often add scent boosters which have lingering aroma many days after laundry. Once, after long day at river cabin a friend commented on how good I smelled. I asked how did she notice since we had been in Sun and on river all day. She told me she could smell Gain on my clothes. Pretty amazing, don't you think?

Original review: July 19, 2018

Gain caused me have an allergic reaction and I had to go to the hospital and reached all my clothes. I had painful breakouts on my skin with uncontrollable itching. Gain has so many different chemicals in their products, especially the ones with scents.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I use Gain Flings (purple ones). I love how they smell & clean. I started using them when I bought a new HE washer. My clothes come out fresh and I haven't noticed any fading. Gain Flings are so easy to use. No measuring. Just toss them in.

Original review: July 17, 2018

The scent choices from Gain are amazing! That’s the main reason I buy Gain. The scent lasts for a decent amount of time. It also seems to be good at removing stains as well.

Original review: July 16, 2018

All the others don't smell the way Gain does. They make me itch. I have sensitive skin. Clothing looks super clean and that's important. Prices are awesome too. Scents are fabulous.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Gain does a great job not only cleaning the clothes but it also has different scents so you can find your favorite smell not just original scent. You can also get softener and dryer sheets also scent booster which is awesome.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I love Gain. It cleans with a small amount of detergent and smells fantastic. The price is reasonable considering the amount of wash loads per bottle. I always get compliments when the family smells the sheets, towels and wash clothes. Great product and would recommend it to others.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I think Gain is one of the best detergents I've ever used. I have two granddaughters that live with me and they know how to get dirty. Gain gets the stains out of their clothes without pre-treating them usually the first time! Gain also leaves a fresh scent. Gain has so many great scents to choose from. It's hard to decide which scent I like best because they all smell great! My mom swears by it and so do I. I don't use anything but Gain! It's a great value. We're on a tight budget but it's worth paying a little more for!

Original review: July 13, 2018

Love the way this soap smells after clothes have been washed. Leaves clothes clean and smelling great. Recommend to families with hardworking men and women in all fields of work. Use this soap all the time.

Original review: July 13, 2018

Gain is my favorite laundry detergent on the market hands down!! I really enjoy the scents available and the quality of how well it washes my clothing. I will be a lifetime user of this product!! I am a very satisfied customer without a doubt!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I love the lasting freshness of the snuggle enhancer for my entire house and the best part is it lasts for months, it's a great value and I trust it with my whole family!

Original review: July 11, 2018

I love the original scent and it lasts for weeks. But I wish it would clean kids clothes a little better. But all in all it's great detergent for the money.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I wouldn't use anything else. No allergies, great smell and perfectly priced. I have tried other detergents and nothing compared to Gain. My whole family uses it.

Original review: July 9, 2018

Gain is the most wonderful smelling and it cleans so great. I love it and I will not use anything else. I have tried a lot of others and they failed. I was either allergic and scratching.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I love the smell of Gain and the way it makes my clothes feel. Gain makes me feel like my clothes are 100 % fresh and clean and I don’t usually use any other kind of laundry detergent these days.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I love Gain because it makes the clothes smell good. Sometimes I wish the scent was stronger, because then I could save on the liquid fabric softener. I hate the smell of well water and Gain gets rid of it!

Original review: July 7, 2018

I love Gain and I don't use any other laundry detergent. The scent is the best. It last for a long time in your linen closets or clothing drawer. I Highly recommend Gain to all consumers.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Love Gain's fresh scent, it last for weeks after washing. Leaves clothes felling soft, without need for ironing. It also makes the house smell like fresh laundry.

Original review: July 6, 2018

Gain is the only detergent that every member of my family can use without some type of reaction. All of the scents are great! We use the detergent, fabric softeners, and the fragrance beads. Love it.

Original review: July 5, 2018

I have only been using these products for about 6 months. They clean my clothes okay and the fabric softeners have a great smell. If I had a suggestion it would be to make the detergent a little thicker. I have found some bottles to be kind of watery. Other than that, I do like your products and will continue to use them.

Gain Company Information