4.52/5
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

47 Gain Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

Have used Gain powder for many years and have gotten consistently good results. It is a bit more expensive than other brands but worth it. It is important to wait until there is some water in tub before adding powder or it may collect on clothes and not fully dissolve if you sprinkle on dry clothes.

Original review: June 18, 2018

I have used Gain for several years now and I love it! It cleans very well, leaves the clothes clean, fresh, and soft too. I've also found that Gain helps to take stains out. Gain will always have my loyalty.

Get expert buying tips about Household Cleaning Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

We started using Gain last year. I like the smell and it last a long time after each wash. Its cleaning power is great. My clothes comes out feeling soft and this is due to the Gain fabric softener. Great job Gain company.

Original review: June 16, 2018

The substance encasing the detergent does not dissolve well and I am afraid that the substance will clog my machine. Gain cleans fair and smells good but will not buy again.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have had so many people ask me what I wash my clothes in because they smell so good. I work in an elementary school and the children love to sit in my lap and snuggle because of the smell of my clothes. Sometimes I can't tell if they are dirty because they still smell so fresh after all day wearing!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gain?

Original review: June 14, 2018

Gain really removes the sweat scents and grass stains without being harsh on clothes. Arm & Hammer came in at a very close 2nd but with Gain fabric softener is not necessary.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Gain does a nice clean job and has a wonderful scent. I use the type I can measure for an e-washer front load. It has the right amount of suds for this machine.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Years ago the scent was addictive, now this detergent stinks. Whatever you changed in cheaper ingredients change back. This detergent no longer performs as I expect it to, and the scent is revolting.

Original review: June 11, 2018

It makes my clothes smell really good and clean. It takes out stains and doesn’t leave white spots on my clothes after washing them. I also can afford the price.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I love Gain. It smells terrific and cleans great. I love the fact that there are several scents to choose from but I can't use lavender scent due to allergy to that scent. I also love that dryer sheets continue the scent.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I really love the smells of all the Gain soaps and fabric softeners. Out of all the laundry soaps on the market Gain is by far my favorite especially the Tahitian islands scented soap.

Original review: June 9, 2018

The product sufficiently does a good job of cleaning the laundry. It has a pleasant smell. It seems to be a good value for the money, and it being the liquid we prefer there are no detergent stains left on Articles of clothing, which is somewhat disconcerting, the liquid is efficient in doing an excellent job, of not fading or staining any Garments. I would and have recommended the product to friends for its smell and Laundering power, since I am a single man, I have many detergents and find Gain quite satisfying, which I will continue to use.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I love the Apple, Mango, Tango scent in the larger size container, 150 fluid ounces. Increased frequency with printable coupons to use in store would be very helpful. Thanks!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I LOVE this laundry Detergent. It makes my laundry clean and smell great. I have been using it for about 20 year now. It's the best Detergent I have ever used.

Original review: June 7, 2018

As long as it gets out stains, and smells good that's really all the house cares about. We know Tide is a good product, but Gain is comparable and cheaper.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I get Gain delivered to me through Amazon subscription. The product comes in soft bags that are meant to refill a plastic container. The detergent gives my clothes a nice, clean scent. Because of that and the pleasant appearance I really feel like my clothes are cleaned every time they go through the washer.

Original review: June 5, 2018

Not only does Gain do an incredible job of cleaning our garments, it also leaves them with a fresh scent. Because Gain is so concentrated, I use less per load and save money. It's a total win for our family!

Original review: June 4, 2018

Detergent has a great aroma but besides that it cleans clothes very well. It get out stains and brightens the fabric. It was also surprising that the aroma lasts for a period of time.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I love the way it cleans and has such a fresh clean odor after washing some very grungy work clothes. Also, this detergent doesn't seem to have the build up in the washing machine that others have. It is great all around for all types of fabrics.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I love this brand. The smell is so amazing. And it keeps my clothes clean. The price is not bad at all. They have sales. Basically sticking to this one.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I like the fragrance of Gain which I think is a great selling point... However, I also use Oxiclean Stain Remover along with it and everything comes out just great. The colors are bright and so are the whites.... Truly great!!!

Original review: May 31, 2018

This is an average laundry detergent at a good price. It does a good job at cleaning clothes, but the scent could be a little better.

Original review: May 30, 2018

It is a great product. I love Gain. It smells good and leaves my clothes clean and fresh. I will keep using Gain and I won't buy any other product. It’s the best.

Original review: May 27, 2018

The first time I used Gain, I was so impressed with how clean the clothes came out! The whites and light colors were so much cleaner than before, something I had never noticed that with any other detergent. I don't use it on dark clothes as it tends to fade them out a bit so I use detergent specifically for them.

Original review: May 26, 2018

My husband developed a terrible rash from this laundry detergent. Although I liked the scent, it didn't clean as well as other detergents. I probably will not use Gain again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I find that Gain has a great fragrance and cleaning power. It does the job for me and I recommend it highly. It is not expensive to use. I find it in my local store readily. It is by far the best laundry detergent to use for my family.

Original review: May 21, 2018

Would like to see original scent with oxi in a powder. I would like to have that as a second detergent for whites and extra dirty clothes. Prices on all could be lower too.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I love Gain. It has a very nice scent, but I have to wait for it to be on sale in order to buy it. I look for coupons whenever I find them. I feel the most expensive detergent are Tide and Gain. Those are my 2 favorites.

Original review: May 10, 2018

Gain powdered detergent works best for H.E. front loaders if you only use 1 or 2 tblspoons. Laundry pods and front loaders do not mix. In time the pods' undissolved remains clog the drain hose and cause motor damage.

Original review: May 7, 2018

Love this product. I have been using it for years. Have tried other detergents over the years but always come back to Gain. Just love the way it cleans and smells.

Gain Company Information