Full Service Van Lines

At Full Service Van Lines Moving Company, our customers come first. We listen to and understand every individual need, while skillfully handling every step of the moving process in a professional manner.

We guarantee to exceed all of your expectations by offering full service moving, packing, and storage services at competitive prices. Helping a family or organization relocate is a huge task and we very well know the extent of the responsibility and expertise it entails. We believe the customer is top priority and ensure that the entire moving process goes as smooth and stress-free as possible.

Compare Moving Companies

Research top Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We have moved many times in our life, and this was by far the worst moving experience We have ever had. We hired Full Service Van Lines this summer to move us from Atlanta, GA to Miami, FL. We suffer so much pain and damaged furniture, lost lots of.

They arrived 3 hrs late first of all. There was supposed to be a crew of 4 to 5 packers, along with the driver. MAGGIE from full service totally lied about the number of packets and the "white glove packing". When the driver called to say he was in Indiana I asked how they were going to pack and load it before I had to leave to start my way to Florida. He said him and his "guy" yea 1 guy would pack. I asked, "How are you and one other guy going to pack 1300 cu. ft. over 8600 lbs. in by nightfall?" I was then told be the driver, "Oh I'll pick up packers along the way. I swear he pick up these people from rest areas along the way. They finally got to my condo, and dumped draws in boxes, pick up a 9 ft. sectional sofa without separating it. It then fell apart onto my marble floors shattering two of them and cracking others.

I witnessed all of this and then I saw the damage, and said what are you doing? They said my floors were like that MAN. "THEY WAS LIKE THAT MAN." After a shouting match and I kicked them out for being disrespectful in my house they returned to do the rest of their substandard "white glove packing". The truck arrived nearly a week late, the boxes were upside down, sideways, crushed, and totally a mess. Our leather furniture is stretched where it was crammed in the truck. All of our tables including the dining room table are scratched and gouged. Tools are missing from my garage stuff. They lost an antique from my great grandfather, and since it was not inventoried the insurance would not pay for that item. Thankfully we purchased insurance with the lowest deductible, they reimbursed us 4800.00 for all the damaged and other missing boxes, which was not even close to what we should have gotten for the mental anguish over the whole experience.

And I also forget to mention, our stuff was never to be removed from the truck after it was loaded in Cleveland Ohio. After it arrived on a different truck, we were told the rest of our stuff will be here as soon as they have a "bid for a driver" to get it to Ft. Lauderdale. When that load arrived and they were bringing boxes and furniture in we were asked several times, "Is this yours, if not I keep it", meaning the delivery team keeps unmarked items for themselves. One of which was an framed autographed baseball photo. So if you're missing that they kept it along with my grandfather's antique. Also, thankfully we moved our most valuable paintings and the silver in our own vehicle or that would have come up missing or damaged.

Don't use this company. I had an almost identical experience as the posts below. I moved from Chicago to Los Angeles. Scheduled move in September/October 2015, very friendly female associate named Ashley, after they got my money I never heard from her again nor did she respond to any emails. PROBLEMS: Terrible service. No accountability from "owner" (if that's even true) Jason, Ashley, or Jackie (**). I was told Nov 1 for delivery date (they had my items for a month), they delivered 4 days late.

On day 3 of being late, the mover came at 8 pm at night, did a tour of my home of where he'd move the items, gets on a call, walks back in and tells me HE CAN'T DELIVER MY ITEMS (this is after they're 3 days late). He also only came with 1 OTHER PERSON! Which meant they were going to move my items into a 3 bedroom home WITH ONLY 2 PEOPLE! We complained to dispatch of what happened, the guy requested he bring 2 other guys the next day. They finally delivered my items 4 days later than what we expected. As they moved in our items, the Cali King Bed was bent in half, a 6 foot mirror is shattered, a glass table top is broken, and other items were damaged.

Made reservation with Full Service Van Lines. They were so convincing that they were just great. Well they were suppose to come to pack my furniture and move me on a Monday because I had to be out of the house on that day. Well when I called to see where they were I was told that they couldn't get there till Tuesday. He promised the truck would be there at 6 am sharp on Tuesday. Waited all day Tuesday and they came about 3:00 pm. I was suppose to drive to South Carolina on that day but because they didn't finish packing until Midnight had to get a hotel for that night with a dog. Also I paid an extra hundred dollar to pack a Grandfather clock.

They lost the weights for the clock and I had to buy the weights and have a clock specialist in to fix my clock. They also broke my Tiffany Lamp, broke my curio cabinet shelf and numerous gold plated dishes broken. They also arrived a day late on delivering my furniture. They came in pouring rain and ruined my wall to wall carpeting which I just had clean with big black strips mark on all the rugs. As of this date 11/2/15 (move was on 9/29/15) I have not got a response on any refund on damages. Would never ever recommend these people to my worse enemy. Since I am elderly I thought this company would be helpful. Instead, it turned into a disaster. Plus I am not computer literate which make any response to them difficult.

Stay far away from this company!!! They moved me from New York-Florida and it was a NIGHTMARE!!! The movers were in my house 'til 2 AM in New York because they showed up at 4 PM instead of 8:30 AM as promised. After reserving my elevator in my new building in Fort Lauderdale 5 times and the movers never showing up, I had to drive to the office and threaten them to get my belongings!!!

When they finally showed up, even one of the movers said he wanted to not take the job because of the horrible condition on the packing! When things started be brought into my condo, I noticed (and have pictures) of the boxes crushed!!! My art was broken, the frames and the artwork, all of my furniture was scratched and chipped, majority of my pottery pieces were broken and all my stemware was crushed glass!!! When I called and spoke to the owner Jason, he stated "sue me" and then the movers would no longer accept my bank check which was certified, and insisted on cash or they would drive away with the rest of my furniture!!! I called back and the man who stated he was the owner stated "** sue me then, pay or you do not get your stuff!!!" I ended up getting a postal check which they went and cashed immediately to get their money!

I called two days later to get the claim paperwork for my damaged items (almost everything, including a $7,500 Onyx table that was all chipped and gauged), and Jason gave me the wrong email for his attorney and incorrect information to file a claim. I have since been working on a claim and spoke with their attorney who confirmed they gave me the wrong contact information and the incorrect claim process. I had to look the attorney up online and track him down.

Since this, they were on the news last week that the Federal Government closed them down for safety reasons (12 states). The owner was on the broadcast lying and reporter was catching him every time!

I am still filing a claim and obtaining an attorney and I also have the voice recording from the phone call with the owner Jason, who stated all the above so there is no way he can deny it! He does not care about his clients and feels they will just not go through the hassle to research and make a claim. He basically told me to file with my home owners insurance!!!

They told me they handle the moving and it is their movers and they do not sub-contract! This is NOT true!!! It is all sub-contracted and by sub-par movers!!! These people are horrible!!! Even after on the news last week, they stated the Federal Government closed them down. When I call to ask claim process paperwork, they hang up on me. When I call from a different number or a blocked number, they tell me they are still in business and are ready to take a deposit for a move order....how can they get away with this???

These people need to go to jail and I have no idea how they have such a good rating on this website unless they place their own fake references on here! I warn everyone, STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! They are the worst I have ever dealt with and I plan on suing since they seem to still be doing business even after the news report on television stated they were closed down!!! BEWARE AND STAY AWAY!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Full Service Van Lines?

Full Service Van Lines had a very good pricing and they were able to do the move from Massachusetts to Georgia. When I signed up with them, Maggie was very helpful and she even found a number for me to call so my car could be shipped. I was happy that she was helpful with everything that I needed to get done to move. The crew was very good in wrapping everything up very nicely for pickup. The delivery was delayed a little longer than I had anticipated, but it didn't inconvenience me too much because it was all going into a storage shed.

The only thing is I had things packed in Massachusetts so the first things off the truck could be put aside but they had evidently taken my stuff out of the truck from Massachusetts and put it in another one, so the boxes were in reverse order. It was a little difficult for me to find the boxes that I wanted out front because they were put in a different order when they put them in the other truck, but I got it figured out. Nevertheless, I would recommend Full Service Van Lines.

Signing up with Full Service Van Lines was very easy and George was very charming. But all in all, I was not happy. I looked on my iPad about comments on them. All of them were really nice and wonderful things. Not one complaint. I don't believe all of that. Maybe they just put on the good ones. When they finished unloading everything in New York and they set the bed up one of my nightstands (the Ethan Allen one) was missing. One of them goes out to the truck, comes back and brings it in smashed. I wasn't there for the move so that made it difficult. But my daughter was. The men were coming to where one throws stuff out and I had them take the nightstand so I have no proof. My husband's smoking stand was also missing, and many others were also in pieces. I haven't entirely unpacked so I don't know if something else is missing. At any rate, I called them and told them.

Every time I talked with them, it was a different person. Then one said he'll send me on my iPad or my e-mail the Claims Department. So I went with that. Now, I'm older and I'm not used to a lot of stuff. It was so complicated so I'm about to give up and tell them. I want to talk to the man who I originally talked to just to tell him how I feel about it all. I called and, of course, I couldn't reach him. I talked to another man, Sean, and told him. He said "I know. You already told me this." But he was nicer. I said "I can't solve this thing." To me, it's impossible. They want so much stuff and I really don't have a leg to stand on. So he said "I'll file the claim if you send them. Send me what happened." I was about to send him a note that I don't expect anything and I thought the price was more than I even thought. But I know they measured it in cubic feet and I had more stuff because they did it over the phone.

Another thing was my daughter told me that they sent a small truck and got my stuff. They transferred it because it came on a huge truck. I've moved before and I thought you did one truck and that was it. They said there's nothing wrong with that. But maybe in the transfer, a few things happened. Here was another thing - When I called them, they were out of Coconut Grove or somewhere near me close to the Jupiter. But then, the guys who were doing the moving were out of Miami and every time I talk to them, I got Sean, George, or Jackie. I never talked to the same person twice and that made me a little leery about them. This time when I called and got Sean, I wanted George and he gave me an excuse. I couldn't talk to George. He was the one who was so wonderful when I started out on the phone. I'm dissatisfied because of all the people I had to talk with throughout the whole thing.

Full Service Van Lines were pretty good. I'd give an 85% if I had to grade them. There were a few things that they left out when I first talked with them, like some of the fees and some of the intricacies that if you don't have access to a full van, then you've got to pay more. They weren't above board with everything, but when it came to packing furniture and the belongings, they were absolutely excellent. Then the second time I used them, they were late picking up the furniture by two days which was, to me, absolutely unacceptable. That threw everything out of whack because I was traveling. I incurred $300 worth of bills to stay those two extra days and they gave me a $50 rebate. Big deal. I am happy with them but the delay of two days without them calling me and apologizing ahead of time and try and explain the situation was very unprofessional.

One of my friends suggested Full Service Van Lines to me but did say that it a scrupulous one. I had the limitation of time to move from one place to the other, and I selected them based on my call with their sales people where they gave me a completely different picture - that Full Service is the greatest company to use for moving. To this day, I regret and repent on my decision.

First of all, they did not send their own crew. They basically took the crew from local people through Craigslist and I got it confirmed. Their handling of things was extremely dangerous and it caused a lot of problem for me and damaged my stuff. When they were unloading my stuff, the driver had got many things to do and he rushed everything. They just care about the money for our payment.

Ashley, the salesperson, basically lied right from the beginning to the end and she is no more to be seen. After many emails across with them, they did not even send me any detail about what needs to be done or what they can do about the situation. They called me one time to make sure that I'm not going to any court and they said that they will work it out. However, nobody called after my numerous emails and phone call, so nothing happened. These people should not be in the business.

My company's HR told me that if I have a good experience with Full service, they'll use them as well. And I told that to the Full Service. In spite of that they don't care for me. I have moved on, but I have given a very negative feedback about them to about four people who were looking for this company. They probably have not gone to them.

Aside from the good reviews and recommendation coming from Consumer Affairs, I chose Full Service Van Lines because the prices were good and I like the agent that I spoke to on the phone. The delivery was originally scheduled for September 10th. It got moved up to the 8th at the request of the company. So I said, “No problem”. I busted my butt to get everything ready and then the crew still ended up not coming 'til the 10th. That was the first sour taste in my mouth. Once they were there, they were very nice, and they did a great job. They worked efficiently and professionally.

However I haven’t received my delivery yet but confirmed that I should get everything Sunday, which is gonna be over 3 weeks late. The communication hasn’t been good. It’s one thing to be late, but they have never been proactive in keeping me informed. Nothing shows up, and then I have to call and chase them down. The communication between the office and the drivers hasn’t been good. They need to improve this. For what it’s worth, the agent I spoke to, tries to get things fixed. He calls me back. But he might be an island of one good person in a company that’s just not working well. I’ll commend George. He’s doing a good job and trying to do his best.

I called several moving companies and Full Service Van Lines was the one that responded back so I used them. Signing up with them was easy and the crew was good, but I wasn't overly excited about the move because it took quite some time. They picked up our materials on July 28 and we didn't get delivery until around September 20.

I went online and saw the ratings of maybe a dozen different moving companies, and Full Service Van Lines' ratings seemed relatively good. I called three different companies to get comparisons, and ended up going with them. It was easy setting up with them, however, I got misled by the pickup and delivery timetable. I was told it would be a 7 to 21-day window -- 21 being a real a real far stretch. What they failed to tell me was that it was in business days. Everything was fine when they came to get the furniture. They loaded it all up and I assumed that after it was done, they're gonna hit the road and go. I didn’t know that it would be unloaded and sit in another truck until they fill that truck up. So, it sat there for close to 3 weeks in Pompano, where they’re based out of. At the time they picked it up, there was something that had to be signed which indicated anywhere from 2 to 30 business days, so now, we’re really stretching out.

I already sent my folks up north and they had to find a different accommodation for a month until that furniture finally arrived. It was picked up on the 14th and delivered last Thursday so I was upset about that. They said, “Well, you only took up 600 cubic feet off a 5000 cubic foot van, and blah, blah, blah.” I wish it would have been relayed to me that it could possibly take anywhere up to 6 weeks to get it there, and I wouldn’t have done it because that’s too long to wait.

Dealing with Full Service Van Lines was fine and easy. However, they do not have enough blankets when their truck came so they wrapped the furniture in paper resulting to a lot of scratches on a lot of the furniture. So I've put a claim in and I have to see what it's gonna be like.

I was moving from Chevy Chase, Maryland to Brooklyn, New York, and decided to search online for moving companies. I found Full Service Van Lines and signed up with them because of the timeline that they provided and they guaranteed me that the price would not go up. They gave me a pretty accurate estimate. Signing up with them was pretty easy, which was nice because I was studying for the bar exams so I was really busy and wasn't looking to spend a lot of time. The crew was great, and exceptional. But it was everybody else that was terrible. All of my medication was stolen, and boxes were never delivered.

Customer service was horrible, and they hung up on me a couple of times. So as I'm sitting in the hotel thinking they're going to be arriving anytime, I'm getting in a cursing match with the customer service, and she's hanging up on me and won't accept my calls. It was the worst moving experience I've ever had. If I heard anbody saying they were going to use Full Service Van Lines, I would advise them against it.

Signing up with Full Service Van Lines was the worst experience ever. The site was bogus because it portray as they're like a big service and look like they're a broker who hire people to move stuff for us. First of all, they asked me what I have, and I gave them an estimate pounds or estimated box. They gave me a really low quote, so I went with them. But when the movers showed up and they lowered my stuff, they told me I went over the limit so I have to pay half of the cost more. The way they measured it was just eyeballing it; they didn't have any measurement technique. So I had to fight over like teeth and nails to get that down where I think was a fair price but I wasn't so happy with it because of the way they treated, they went along, with how they quoted me.

The agreement date was on the 21st which stated that if they're going to be late, they're supposed to give me a communication, like a call or email to give me an update like the estimated date. They didn't do any of that. I had to call them every single time and only one out of five times, they answered it. They always had an attitude when I did call. For 10 days, they were late. They finally got my stuff and brought it over. Then a nice guy showed up but he demanded the rest of the money, which I was willing to pay but I didn't know it was all cash. They couldn't do it because the sub-company that they hired receive cash as the only form of payment. They had all the opportunities but didn't tell me which is a huge problem with me.

If I had enough time, I would have went to court. They only had one guy to carry my stuff, like the couch and the TV so I had to help him carry them into my house. They were supposed to give me a weight ticket because that's how I was supposed to get reimbursed from my company, and they said, "Oh, we didn't send it to him, because the sub-company didn't get it." So I said, "Send it to me on email or send it to me like on FedEx as soon as possible." And they took another two weeks to do that. The first thing they tried to do was take a picture of the official document that I need on their cellphone and sent it to me on email. So I have to keep emailing and keep calling. They're not professional and their communication is zero, and they should go out of business very soon if they keep this up.

The company seems very assuring that your stuff is going to get picked up and dropped off on the days you tell them. Sure they have very nice people. So once they picked up our stuff on time, we were pretty sure the reviews that we are seeing are crap. So we told them we wanted our stuff delivered a week after they picked it up and they would call the day before... We waited for a phone call a day before and never got one so we called them. They said they were sorry and that they couldn't deliver our stuff. So we let it slide this time. We said it was okay and we moved it a week later... Again, the day before they called us and said they couldn't deliver our stuff the next day.. And wanted to reschedule it. We've had it with all the rescheduling. We paid over $2000. Money we had to work extra hard for but they keep moving the dates. So I do not recommend this company. I don't even know why the ratings are good. Very horrible service.

The reviews Full Service Van Lines were very good and excellent. They seem to be able to do what we needed them to do. The guys who came were excellent. They were very polite, very good and very efficient. Everything that they put on the truck was wrapped and seemed to be secure so it was all good to me. No furniture was unwrapped or bumping up against each other.

It was frustrating though because signing up was fine, but after that, scheduling was messy. We were told we would hear a week before when the truck would be here to pick up the furniture. We got a call the night before and said, "It can't be done. We just can't do it." So I had to be put off for two days so that we could be ready. Once the day was set, we got notified that it was going to be between two and six, and then it was six and eight, and then it was ten and after. When it came to ten and after, we said, "No. You have to do it tomorrow morning." So they came at that day. We also had trouble when the truck was going to be in Maine because somebody has to be in Maine when the truck arrives. That turned out fine because they're going directly to Maine and my husband was driving up there, but not having those dates and not having everything shifting like sand is not good. That's not good practice.

I found out about Full Service Van Lines through a referral from one of the real estate agents whom I was working with in Florida where I moved to. Unfortunately, my experience with them was not good. If I’m moving and if I had a choice between Full Service Van Lines and somebody else, I’d take the latter in a heartbeat. It’s because they had told me certain thing, they did not disclose the whole process, and they pressured me into signing the initial quote. They give a low ballpark so the customer will make a decision, then they put pressure saying the quote will expire. And once you sign in, you’re stuck. I also don’t know why they make schedules that they cannot follow. They pick up my furniture at the pickup location. They gave me a delivery date, and then they said the date changed because of various reasons.

When I signed up, such “various reasons” may be any natural instances like if it rained or there is a storm in the path. These are natural and I completely understand them. However, I was without my furniture for a whole month. The delivery date became 17 days later than the requested date. They don’t promise anything, but they also did not keep their end of the bargain. When I started questioning why they weren’t delivering, that’s when the actual reasons came up - they didn’t have a truck. They brought a small truck on the first day and they couldn’t fit all my furniture there. So they changed plans and they were going to put my furniture in a local warehouse to empty the truck and then come back the following day to pick up the rest of my stuff. They also said they’ll get a 50-foot truck, load everything from the warehouse, and they’ll meet me afterward.

So at the pickup location, they get the money and I talked to the dispatcher who said, “There’s a 50-foot truck in the area so no problem. We’ll try as best as possible." They gave me assurance that nothing will change. They picked up my furniture and I had to move my cars myself so I was in transit. I gave them a call to tell them I was on my way to the destination and I’ll be at my address to pick up my furniture. I also wanted to make sure that they’ll be able to meet their set deadline since they already had a change of plans with the smaller truck to the bigger truck situation. I got a hold of someone who said, “Hey, we picked up, so it only takes two days to deliver it to you from Ohio to Florida.” He also asked if I’d be at the destination by then. That’s all he said, nothing else. When I moved to my new place, I didn’t receive any calls from them, so I started calling them every day.

Most of the time, they don’t answer. When I do get through, they’d put me on hold and I wait for hours and nothing. When they finally come back, they’d say, “The dispatcher is doing a move,” or “The supervisor is busy, so let us give you a call.” I hang up and wait for an hour or two. Sometimes they give me a callback and tell me that my furniture is still in the warehouse, that they are waiting for a big truck, or that they have so many moves since it’s a big season. When I ask them the big question, “Why didn’t you tell me that this is a rush season before I signed?” There would be no answer and instead they give me the runaround answers like, “The truck is not available in the area. We’ll see what we can do - maybe this weekend.” But when the weekend would come, there’d be no calls, no status update, nothing. So I’d call again and they’d give me different reasons such as the supervisor is on leave or out of the country.

A couple of days passed and I called again, but there was no response. I had been living without furniture and was on the suffering end. So I call again, and it took them a couple of days to figure it out and they tell me, “Yeah, your furniture is in the warehouse. We are trying to schedule. You are high on the list. Once we get the truck, we’ll load it up and deliver it. The driver will call after they pick up the furniture.” But again, no driver called me. I had to go through the process for 17 painful days and this is passed the requested date of delivery. Aside from the delivery issue, I also had a problem with the packing of my furniture. I signed up for the package that came with boxes and all other necessary tools. They were to disassemble my furniture, pack them, and load them. I do give them credit for packing everything fine. However, some of the things that were specifically asked not to be packed were still packed such as some old sofa sets.

They did not listen to my instruction and that meant an additional cubic foot - they go by cubic foot of the space occupied. I told them they didn’t have to move the sofa sets and instead squeeze in everything as much as possible in one single truck. But they said it wasn’t a problem since a 50-foot truck was available. In the end, I moved unnecessary furniture which added to the square foot. In this regard, they were not also sure of how many cubic feet the truck was. They driver initially said it was 1,800 and then it became 2,100 the next day. When they finally delivered my furniture, they had to assemble them. A guy came to my home at 6 pm Eastern Time along with his workers. He said they’d be able to complete the job in 4-5 hours, but they left 2 in the morning. I was supervising them and when I checked my furniture, half of the pieces were not assembled and screws were missing. However, they left them that way.

I have a king bed in the master bedroom. They assembled it and two days later it collapsed while my son was jumping on it. That was the worst they did. They also left trash like leftover tapes in my home. There was also one piece missing, and they scratched my steps too. Before I signed up, I requested protection where they’d protect my handrail steps and the likes so that when they move heavy furniture, they don’t scratch or damage my home. However, they didn’t bring anything. When I asked if they could take care of the scratches on my steps, carpets and railings, they said no. I put in a formal complaint. I called customer service and told them what my experience was.

They said, “We’ll give you a $250 discount.” And that the only thing I got. I didn’t get an estimate for the repairs that are doing to be made on my carpet and stairs. I should have complained to the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Department of Transportation about the job they’d done. On the whole, I wouldn’t recommend Full Service Van Lines to anyone, not even my enemy.

I was looking for a moving company online and chose Full Service Van lines because of the price and convenience. Signing up was the easy part, but getting them to get my stuff was the hard part. The lady who set me up was really good. She returned my phone calls and was very prompt with me until they had half my money and then she didn’t return any phone calls. I left her multiple messages and she never contacted me again.

The crew was the best part of the whole thing. The actual guys that came and wrapped my stuff up and put it into the truck were great. They were really nice and friendly. Overall, I was satisfied with everything on the frontend - like them picking my stuff up, then organizing stuff for pickup, and then picking my stuff up, and even the way the crew wrap my stuff. They used so much tape. I don’t even know how the moving companies stay afloat with the amount of tape they use. But ultimately, the whole frontend was awesome.

The whole backend has been a nightmare. They haven’t been able to tell me exactly when I’m gonna get my stuff. I called them today, and they let me know that the truck is scheduled to leave tomorrow and should be in Denver in 3 to 5 days from that. Once they had my stuff and my money, it’s been bad communication. I felt like rather than being given clear answers, I kept getting, “Oh, it’ll be a few days.” That’s what I have to deal with right now.

I went to Full Service Van Lines when I was moving my father because they had the best rating and they were a national company. I couldn't use a local company since I was moving him from Florida to Pennsylvania. Signing up with them was pretty easy. However, I had issues during the move. They wouldn't guarantee to me when they would deliver. Since my father's furniture was a small load, they weren’t filling up a truck so it was dependent on when they had something coming that direction.

Also, they had given a three-day window, which they didn’t end up honoring, despite being told when I signed up with them that I would have a three-day window on either end. They didn’t want to honor the window on the pickup but they had to because I was flying from Pennsylvania to Florida. And my father had already gone in order to meet the truck, so they had no choice because that’s the only time somebody was going to be there to let them in. But then they said, “Well, it’ll be there within two weeks.” I needed to know exactly when my father's furniture was going to be there and I had my father move into an assisted living facility, so I was not happy with that part of the process.

I found Full Service Van Lines via the internet. The reviews I read back then didn't seem too good, though. The sales process was easy, and the pickup and drop off were okay. But the process in between was bad. There were a couple of delays. First off, we agreed on a pickup date which was the 27th of August. However, they called me and said, "Well, the truck got held up by the police because of overweight." Therefore, they couldn't come out and we had to change the date. I also had to go through the hassle of changing elevator time because I live in a condo building. Once they came and picked up, that worked out well. Now, I have two parts of the shipment. One was going to Miami and the other to Fort Lauderdale. During the sales process, I explicitly said that I may need one delivered earlier or later than the other. I may need to put one in the storage and the other delivered.

I was told that there would absolutely be no problem because everything will be in the Florida warehouse. So I asked them afterwards if they could deliver it to me on the 5th of September, Saturday. Up until the 3rd or so, they said, "Well, we're working on it." Then finally they told me they cannot deliver. Each and every day since then, I had to call them to get a status. It was not before the end of September that I was finally told that my stuff were still in Pennsylvania and that they cannot deliver in two separate shipments. For a whole month, my family and I had to stay in a hotel. We probably ended up spending $3,000-$5,000 because of that. Finally, I asked them to deliver both the shipments because I had no other choice. They did, however, this was after I followed up with them every day for a duration of a week or two. I asked them for reimbursement on the hotel expenses since that was not calculated for, but I haven't heard back from them to date.

My experience signing up with Full Service Van Lines was fair. Setting up my move and doing the inventory was fine, they came when they said they would, but it was later than what they were going to be due to scheduling. They picked my furniture up on a Thursday and told me it was going to arrive on Saturday, then they called and told me it’s not going to arrive on that day, and I had to call back several times to find out exactly when they’d arrive. Finally, the rep found out that it’s going to be on Tuesday, anytime between 12 and 2, but they were not able to get here until 7:30 PM.

The driver was great and very considerate, but he had to get a local crew, and they were terrible. They began to unload my items, and a downpour began, so they had to put everything back on the truck. Dispatch did not tell the driver, even though it clearly stated that there were two stops, so he had to come back the next day, and had to work with a crew that wasn’t good. The head guy on that crew was fine, however the other folks weren’t very helpful and the poor driver had to do most of the work himself. The communication between dispatch and me needs to be clear, since within the sales process, I gave very specific instructions, and for the price that I paid, I would have expected more from the company.

When Full Service Van Lines loaded the furniture for me, they broke one of my coffee tables. The guy already reported it to the office so I asked how does that process work. They said that after they deliver it, I can claim it. However, they're already delivered and since the delivery, everything's fine. The experience was so far okay though I don't know how to process or how long it takes which hopefully is not too long. Moreover, in another experience, we're not very satisfied because we are not able to move everything we like to move here because they said that they don't have space to move it.

Overall, it's a bad experience. I have so many things I want to move and they haven't been moved and I don't know how to deal with this. It was a big china and it's a match with my little table. It was not moved and a big fish pot which was $200 each. There's a china for the bedroom as well which was also not moved. Those were three major pieces I wanna move down here and that's one thing I'm not very happy about. The quote they gave me was $2,200 but when they got here, the final was $3,300 which was an increase of $1,000 though they don't have space to move some big pieces. In addition, the furniture loaded on the 27th of September was delivered October. I asked how long it will take and they said 10 to 14 business days. It took 40 days to get here so that's another thing I'm not happy about.

I was very disappointed with Full Service Van Lines. The crew was okay, I had no problem with that. They were scheduled to pick it up in New Jersey at my storage unit on a particular day in July because I was moving out there August 14th, and they called me the night before and said they couldn’t come. And the next week I was on vacation, so they came on August 9th, and they guaranteed me that it would be in Florida, plenty of time, they put it in a free storage unit, because I was only going from a Friday to a Tuesday to be able to accept it.

They told me on a Thursday before I left that it would be delivered Sunday. Well, Sunday came and went. I stayed in a hotel for two nights, I never got a call and they never showed up. So I called them Monday after many times and they told me it never even left New Jersey but nobody ever even given us a courtesy call and I wouldn’t be there on Thursday. So now my flight from Tuesday had to be cancelled and redone until Thursday, so I missed two more days of work because nobody was there to accept it and I had to stay.

Then they said they would be there Thursday after telling me they would be there Sunday, so now we’re like almost a week, about at least four or five days later than it was promised, and it got there and various pieces of furniture were damaged. The mattress was totally damaged, the furniture was scratched and they lost a box. During the whole process of setting up the delivery, it went smoothly; but once it got delivered, it was just complete chaos. Every time I tried to speak with them, I got no satisfaction.

I have put in my claim and the bed was so warped from them I guess strength wrapping it. They said “Send me pictures,” which I did, and they were like “We’ll get back to you.” Nobody ever gets back to me in that company, and I’m very disappointed because it got such high ratings and I thought that they would make good on their failure and the one woman said, “Let me know what happened. Send me the pictures. We’ll talk to management.” Never got a callback; called them and they said, “Oh no, we’re not compensating you.”

Talked to somebody else in the claims department and I said, “Not only did my furniture get damaged and some got lost, I lost two days of work.” “Well, prove to us and send us a copy of your ticket.” And that was a month ago and I still haven’t heard back from them. The claims department said it’ll take almost two months before they even look at our claim. Needless to say from a Sunday night, a Monday night, a Tuesday night, and a Wednesday night, we slept on a floor in the apartment because we had no furniture and I couldn’t afford to get another hotel because I was promised that it would be there on a Sunday.

I didn’t even get a call to say “No it’s not.” When I called them on Monday, they said, “Oh, we don’t know what happened, but it’s still in New Jersey.” There was no communication there. There was nobody there trying to compensate me for all my losses and they’re like “You’ll just have to wait for the claims.” And I was like “Claims is not going to pay my two days of work on this. Claims is not going to pay for me to have to transfer my flight.”

I can’t understand how their customer relations department is that uncaring for their customers when supposedly they had such great reviews and then at the top of the icing on the cake, they cashed my check twice, so I can’t get the money back from that. They electronically cashed it and then they deposited it, so I had to go to the bank, put more money in so that I didn’t get charged with the fee for bouncing because somebody made a mistake and deposited it twice.

It is not a very good experience, unfortunately. I understand things along but they never even tried to compensate me for me anything going on. Unfortunately, I don’t think their service was good at all. Their customer service department is horrible. I just don’t understand how a company supposedly so reputable could be so bad.

I moved from Morgantown to Detroit with the help of Full Service Van Lines. I found them online. The sign-up was good, but the service was a little bit late. My trash broke too.

Signing up with Full Service was easy. The sales rep that spoke with me on the phone and via email was very helpful. The crew was very nice. There was one crew that showed up to pack, and then there was a second crew that delivered everything. The first crew was excellent, and couldn’t have asked for anything better. I asked for that crew to deliver our things as well. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the same crew that delivered our things, and the second crew wasn’t as good. There were three trucks, and the second crew was supposed to show up on Wednesday. One of the three trucks didn’t show up until Thursday. The other two trucks didn’t show up until Friday and then we still have several items that are missing that they’re supposed to bring either today or tomorrow.

I read some pretty good reviews and some high ratings online about Full Service Van Lines so I decided to go with them. The representative on the phone, Ashley, was awesome and she was really great through the whole process. Moreover, the crew during the move packed everything properly and was quick and efficient. They didn’t lose or break anything. Everything was great.

It wasn't the best of situations and the smoothest of moving experiences with Full Service Van Lines. They have a poor communication. It was very difficult to get in contact with them to get answers as to when things would be delivered, and the date changed, or things fell through a number of times with them. Some people within their office, one or two in particular have bad attitudes. As far as moving, some things were damaged and weren't labeled correctly which led to some of our furniture being left in the warehouse. And that I'm now still trying to arrange to have it delivered. They’re not professional. But there's a trainee there named Kevin who packed everything extremely well as far as furniture-wise. He was friendly and nice and he did a lot of our major furniture. The ones packed by the other individual were the ones that had damages (i.e. scratching and denting on our bedroom furniture) after the delivery.

Full Service Van Lines was referred to me by a friend. Signing up was fine. The sales agent that I worked with was informative and he followed up well. The agent that came to handle the loading was good and pretty decent. He hired some local guys to pack up. They did a fine job, but I would've preferred if they had brought their own full crew or not just guys with muscles, with clueless packing experience, to pack the goods. We haven't received our goods yet, so I don't know if any of them was damaged due to the 'amateurishness' of the guys. But the guys they hired came good-spirited so I don't have any actual complaint yet.

We had a very bad experience with the company. The pick up went fine. They said they'd get us our goods in three weeks. It's been two months now or more since they picked up the goods. They ended up breaking their contract that they're going to deliver within 30 business days at the most. We're about two weeks past that and we still haven't received our goods. I'm wondering if they were a legitimate company because they kept saying that it's just gonna be another couple of days and then somebody's gonna let you know what's going on, but no one's ever called. We just heard lots of mixed messages, not outright lies, saying "Oh, it's almost there." or "We're about to pick it up." We found out that their license has been suspended by the Department of Transportation. It's been a nightmare move for us. We have two small kids and we've been living on the floor of our apartment with basically nothing for two months. It's been one of the worst moving experiences of my life and I've moved a lot.

I am outside the country and I needed to organize a moving, from Pennsylvania to Michigan, and tried to choose one good moving company to do that for me. I depended on help of friends and my fiancée to handle the things in the US for me and so I wanted to have a moving company that was reliable, and would not give them extra work. And my worst mistake was choosing Full Service Van Lines. They look very organized in the beginning, which gave me the confidence to trust them. But the reality was totally different. The facts:

1. ON THE PICKUP. A coworker of mine would organize the pickup for me in Pittsburgh, and he could not do it in the 21st of September. It took forever to Full Service Van Lines to confirm the date and then they gave me 19-21st September. I immediately called them (Pete) and he said that he could arrange everything not to be on the 21st. We waited on the 19th. We waited and hoped for the 20th, but, guess what: They just showed up on the 21st, after we begged them to do it in the morning, because my friend was traveling in the afternoon.

2. ON THE DELIVERY DATE: My fiancée, who was receiving the stuff, was also traveling internationally from Oct 8th on. And they told her that they would show up max. the 2nd, when we closed the deal. But they did not. One week before the due date, they said they are coming in 5 days. Then, they said they would come in two days. Every time we called them they gave an excuse: bad weather, people quitting, etc. Then, they simply told it would take one more week. They just delivered the stuff on the 7th, after (again) we had to give them a hard time.

3. ON MOVING THE STUFF: There are things in the house and my fiancée lives alone. So, to put the new things in we would need them to move the existing stuff. I called Pete 20 days before delivery and he said that as long as things are moved in the same house, they would not charge anything extra. Well, when the movers came, they said that moving stuff in the house is not their work. We needed to call a friend at last minute and he helped to take the stuff out. The movers were simply crossing their arms and looking while my fiancée and her friend were moving (alone!) the old bed and couches.

4. WHEN COMPLAINING: I was really frustrated after the last incident, and called them to complain, and asked for the manager or the person in charge. The guy that picked the call (Sean) said "I am the manager." I said: "Excuse me, are you really the manager? I did not expect the manager to be the first one to answer the calls." He said, "I am the dispatch manager." Then, after I gave him a hard time, he transferred me to the real manager: Jason.

He was completely defensive, and said: "We followed everything that is in the contract. We are not paid to remodel your house. We delivered within 30 days. And nothing is broken. So, we did everything according to the contract. So, if Pete told you something different, he was wrong, but we are not wrong." (As if they worked for different companies!) To sum up: They were late for picking up, late for delivery and very rude during all the communication. Be careful on things that they say! They just respect what is in the contract, not what they tell or promise you over the phone when you close the deal with the salesperson.

Full Service Van Lines Company Profile