4.11/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

System arrived on time, instructions were clear, and sales and support staff very helpful. System works wonderfully, and the newly updated iPhone app is fantastic.

Frontpoint response

It’s great to hear that your alarm system is working well and that we have been able to help you get set up. And isn’t the Alarm.com smartphone app awesome? It’s easy to use and really makes your alarm system completely customizable. Please let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

My wife and I signed up with FrontPoint when we moved into our house a few months ago. We have nothing but great things to say about the service. The equipment arrived on time and was easy to set up, and the best thing about it is it just works. I'd recommend FrontPoint to anyone who wants a solid security system in their home.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your experience! We feel honored that you and your wife love FrontPoint and that you recommend us to your friends and family. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything and thanks for being an awesome part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

I did a lot of research before purchasing. Front Point is the best value out there. Price is great! Easy to Install! Simply, the best there is.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your wonderful feedback! It’s great to hear that you did your research before you chose FrontPoint as the best value. Please feel free to reach out to us if any questions come up and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

Great all around company. Very helpful on the phone. Product works great. Love the app for my iPhone.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your feedback! It’s awesome that you love the Alarm.com smartphone app and that everything is working great. Remember that we are only a phone call away if you need anything. Thanks again and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

The system bus very easy to set up. Quick delivery. The system makes you feel at ease when you are gone and safe when you are home.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We are thrilled to hear that your alarm system is easy to use and most importantly, makes you feel safe. Please let us know if you have any questions and thanks for being a great part of the FrontPoint family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

I have been using FrontPoint for a while now. It was so easy to install, the customer service was phenomenal and the pricing was one of the lowest. They never tried to over sell and they recommended the best coverage for my house. I really am happy with the service and nothing to complain.

Frontpoint response

We love to hear that you have experienced our phenomenal customer service! Thank you for your feedback! And it’s great that you were able to customize your system to get the best coverage for your house. Please let us know if you need anything or if you have any questions and thanks so much for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

I checked out a lot of security systems online and really base my decision on other people's reviews. As stated by others, this system is very easy to set up and use. The easy control on my cell phone and even the key fob make it very user friendly. I love this system and have recommended it to my family and friends.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your feedback and thanks for recommending us to your family and friends! It’s great that you use both the Alarm.com smartphone app and the key fob to have secure access to your house. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

The service is amazing - friendly, responsive, returned calls when promised and cordial. A model that should be copied by many other companies. They create Raving Fans!

Frontpoint response

We’re glad to hear that you have become one of our raving fans! It’s awesome that our Support Specialists have always been helpful and of course, we are always available to help if you need anything else. Thanks for your great recommendation! It’s an honor to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

Way better than the other guys!! They call right away if the alarm is going off, and it's wireless! Don't have to worry about paying for a phone or someone cutting the phone line. And it's easy to set up, just do it yourself. No one else has to come to your home. Would definitely recommend!

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the kind words! We love to hear that you're happy that your alarm system is 100% wireless and that there’s no need for a phone line. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

The representatives were very pleasant, polite and seem to really believe in their products. This was one of the few things I have ever purchased over the phone and didn't feel one ounce of pressure to make a decision. I was given as much time as I wanted to make a decision. When it came time to set up my system, the representative was a saint. There were so many distractions on my end it was embarrassing but he hung in there and helped me through it with a smile on his face (at least that what he sounded like) :)

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are so glad to hear that you felt confident and secure when you made the choice to go with FrontPoint. And we are thrilled that setup went well, despite your at-home distractions! Our Support Specialists are always happy to help with a smile so please let us know if there's anything else we can do for you. Thanks again and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2013

Very happy from the first phone call inquiry to problems with a unit. Very helpful and easy to work with. Thank you.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for your feedback! It’s great to hear that everything is going well. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

We wanted a wireless security system for more security. We didn't feel secure with lines outside that could be cut. We decided on Front Point because of the rating they had and we were not disappointed. Customer service is great! So easy to install! We are very happy and will be with this system for a very long time.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for your feedback! We are so honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint family! And we’re glad to hear that our 100% wireless system keeps you and your family secure and safe at home. Thanks again and please let us know if you have any questions!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

I was a former ADT customer and FrontPoint is so much more easier to administer. The system is not obtrusive since it is wireless and was very easy to install. It gives my family safety without making us feel locked into our home.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our alarm systems are super easy to install- no wires or drilling really makes a big difference in both ease of use and security! So it’s absolutely wonderful to hear that you have chosen us. We always strive for perfect service so please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks so much for being an awesome part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

Every time I call customer service, I am greeted politely. My concerns and questions are addressed right away. If I need some instructions on how to check my equipment, it's never a problem. I would definitely recommend FrontPoint to a friend.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your great feedback! We are thrilled to hear that our five star customer service is one of the things you love about FrontPoint. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything else and thank you for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

From the sales person to the install and then after install support, FrontPoint has been a professional and courteous organization. A breath of fresh air in the home security market!!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our Support Specialists are always happy to help with any and every question you might have. Please feel free to let us know if you need anything else and thank you for being a great part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

Everything has run smoothly and as promised. Great mobile technology and easy to use. Great product!

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for your feedback! Isn’t our Alarm.com smartphone app awesome? It absolutely allows you to control your home’s security from wherever you are. Please let us know if you have any questions and thanks for being a great part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

I have been a customer for 18 months now. I have been very happy with the service I receive when I call them. The salesperson I originally dealt with over sold me on my equipment. But I guess I am over protected. I often refer people to FrontPoint.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for referring your family and friends to us! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. It’s great having you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

Your service is very user friendly and easy to operate. I will recommend your service to others with high regards. (FYI, if you are getting a 4 star rating from me, you are doing very well. I don't rank anyone high without meeting my high expectations and FrontPoint is doing well.) Thank you.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for your wonderful feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your alarm system and that it's easy to use. And we are absolutely honored that you recommend us to your family and friends! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything and thank you for being such an awesome part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

We've had our FrontPoint system for over three months and love it. I was apprehensive about an "install yourself" system; however, the strong customer service ratings sold me. (And it actually was easy to install as promised.) I felt good enough about it that I literally recommended it to my Grandmother--an endorsement I take very seriously!

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! Easy setup is one of the many things that our customers are often pleasantly surprised by. And we are incredibly happy that you recommended us to your Grandmother as well- we know that says a lot about our services! Thank you again and please let us know if you have any questions. And most importantly, welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

I received very personalized service. I dealt with one person who got to know me and my situation and I wasn't pushed around to various customer service representatives. The phone app is great too!

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your feedback! We always try to make sure each of our customers get exactly what’s perfect for their home security needs, so we’re glad to hear that our Support Specialist was able to do that for you. And isn’t the Alarm.com smartphone app awesome? It makes easy things even simpler at the touch of a button. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

I've had the FrontPoint system for a year or so now and it's been a largely excellent experience. I did have some challenges with setup, having to return a couple sensors. I was also not happy that I could not get the volume discounts when I discovered after receiving my order that I actually needed a couple extra sensors. It seems like that initial pricing process could use some clean up. That said, everything installed quite easily and we love the functionality. The smartphone app works easily and intuitively and we love that we can build on our system with door locks, A/C controls and other sensors down the road. So overall, we've been quite pleased with the system after a couple relatively small hiccups up front.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for detailing your FrontPoint experience! Isn’t the smartphone app awesome? It makes it easy to control your alarm system from wherever you are. And we will definitely keep your comments in mind for our processes going forward. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything and thanks for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

So far I am satisfied with FrontPoint and would recommend the company highly. The phone specialist who set up my account and sold me the system was fair and honest and did not engage in a "hard sell." Doing my own comparison shopping I discovered indeed Frontpoint offered the most up to date technology at a fair price. The installation was indeed easy. I feel my home is secure with a Frontpoint system. That said my only concern is that there are no back up batteries offered in case of a long term power outage. Last year hurricane Sandy wiped out power for 3-5 days on average. The Frontpoint battery only lasts 24 hours and can only be recharged through an outlet. That is my one frustration because I would like my home to still have the ability to communicate with local authorities even in a weather emergency.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We are glad to hear that you are enjoying FrontPoint and that you have discovered how easy and simple setup was! We will absolutely keep your recommendations in mind when we analyze our systems. Thanks again and please let us know if you need anything. It’s great having you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

I am very pleased so far with my FrontPoint Security system. I really like that I can monitor and set my system from my cell phone from anywhere in the country. It was very easy to set up myself.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! It’s great to hear that you are happy with your alarm system, especially the fact that you can keep an eye on your home and system even when you’re not home. Remember that if you need anything we are only a phone call away. Thanks again and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

So far so good. Our system is relatively simple, with monitoring for just a few doors & windows, yet I am convinced that ease of operation and personal satisfaction would be just as high with a more complex system. We've had no issues at all, everything works as advertized. Installation/set up was a breeze, and the system with all its features is very easy to use.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We’re glad to hear that your system is easy to use and that you are happy with it. Rest assured that if your home security needs ever change and you decide to add more sensors, we promise it will be just as easy to use as your current setup. Please let us know if there's anything that we can help with and most importantly, welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

I am pleased with the service. My only complaint is the two-way tape does not stick well with the motion sensors.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your feedback! If you are still in need of anything, please feel free to reach out to us and we’d be more than happy to help out. Thanks again and welcome to the FrontPoint family

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

The system is fantastic! It is easy to setup, a breeze to use, and reasonably priced! It works by means of modern technology so even if my house loses power or someone breaks in and smashes the system, the alert has already been sent! The system is also very customizable and FrontPoint does not charge extra fees for the number of sensors used. I have the option of adding window sensors, cameras, and even light controls! It also has a very useful iPhone app that lets me arm the system while I am away and can also utilize a geofence to remind me about arming the system in case I leave the house and forget!

I have recommended the service to other family members and inform others about the FrontPoint experience when it comes up in conversation. I plan to remain a FrontPoint customer into the foreseeable future and hope to help spread the word of your amazing business. Thank you so much for the peace of mind I get from your services; I personally trust them.

Frontpoint response

You are absolutely correct- we use the most modern technology to keep you and your home secure and safe! Crash and Smash along with the backup battery are two of our customers’ favorite things that set FrontPoint apart, so we’re glad you are enjoying those in your home. And isn’t the Alarm.com smartphone app awesome? It really gives you complete control of your home even when you’re not there. Thank you so much for the great recommendations and please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with. We are honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

Front Point has been a pleasure to work with. Awesome customer service. Quality products. I now feel more at peace when I'm at work and my wife and kids are at home. Thanks Front Point.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the compliments! We’re happy to hear that you feel safe about your family even when you’re at work. Please let us know if you ever have questions and thanks for being such a great part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

Super easy to setup and use. Awesome sales and support staff!

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for your feedback! We pride ourselves on excellent customer service so it’s awesome to hear that you are thrilled with us. Please let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

I was looking for a company that would provide security to my house while I was deployed to Iraq. I had recently purchased a home and my wife was a little scared of staying at the new neighborhood by herself. This service is not only a great peace of mind that your household and family are safe while you are away, but it offers a great price... the lower I could find at the moment that offered the desired features. I love them and we plan to stay with this company for a long time. I have recommended this service to friends and colleagues already!

Frontpoint response

We are honored that you chose FrontPoint to protect your family and home while you were deployed! You really do have peace of mind and can rest assured knowing that your home is safe and monitored while you are away. And thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and colleagues! Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do for you and thanks for being an awesome part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2013

I learned of Frontpoint online and looked at several other companies prior to making the first phone call. After speaking to Frontpoint's highly knowledgeable customer service rep, I was immediately impressed w/ her product knowledge and ability to customize a package for my specific needs. Installation was very simple and we love the iPhone app that enables usage from anywhere. Great company, great employees!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for your excellent feedback! It’s great to hear that we were able to customize your home security system to fit your personal needs. And isn’t setup a breeze? A lot of customers are surprised by just how quick and easy it is! If you have any questions or need any help please don’t hesitate to let us know. Welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Frontpoint Company Information