toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Frontpoint

You couldn’t be more correct- we’re real people that have an unyielding passion to make sure your home is protected. And support doesn’t stop here, we’re always happy to help you if you need anything else. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we’re proud to have you as part of our family here at FrontPoint.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

FrontPoint offers great customer service, and a great product. We have not had any security problems since installing the system! We have never been put in hold when calling; a real person always answers!

Frontpoint

Thank you for choosing us to protect your home! We will have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you right away to get you additional adhesive. Thanks again and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

I was very happy with the customer service and anytime I had a question, I was able to get a human relatively quick. I feel that the sensors are kinda cheap. I ordered some more tape because the one that came with the sensor didn't stuck properly. I never got the tape.

Frontpoint

Thanks for detailing your experiences with FrontPoint. We are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you to help you since it doesn’t sound like your system is working at 100%. We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

I have had great service and fairly reliable connectivity with my station. There have been a few times where we thought we armed our house (confirmed through our iPhones) only to find out that our house was in fact not armed, that was a little disconcerting. That has only happened about 2 this year. There were also issues with communications from our iPhones to our station (disarming) and it has taken us several times to disarm before we could even walk into our house. That happens about 1 a month.

Frontpoint

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Please let us know if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

The response time on any problems is super. All the agents are friendly on the phone.

Frontpoint

Thanks for sharing! Our online options are awesome and always allow you to have access to FrontPoint even when you’re not home. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

It was very easy to set up. We really like that you can program the alarm to tell you what door opens. The online options allow you to receive texts (or emails) when user defined actions take place such as opening back door to pool, leaving garage door open more than 15 minutes, or even leaving a certain range around your home without setting the alarm.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Frontpoint

Thanks for choosing FrontPoint! Our system is definitely easy to use and we’re always happy to help. Let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

Staff is always very helpful when I've had any questions. System is highly user friendly.

Frontpoint

Thanks for your feedback! We pride ourselves on quality service from both our alarms and our Support Specialists. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

The response time to the alarm is fast and the representatives are very professional.

Frontpoint

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We would like to sincerely apologize for the inconveniences caused by your alarm system. We know that since posting your comments you have been working with our Support Specialists and have found a solution to your concerns. Please feel free to keep us updated with the new changes and please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything. Our top priority is providing you with a great home security system and exceptional customer service, so we will absolutely help you with whatever you need. Thank you again for letting us know about your experience and we look forward to protecting your home and family going forward.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

I've been fairly unhappy since I joined as a member, but too busy to do anything about it. I will likely switch over this holiday season to ADP. Since I first bought my home, your service has been lacking - especially customer service. I have felt like a monthly check more than a person trying to protect my family and home. Any mistake or problem is inherently my fault, even when I am just trying to get solutions. I quite literally hate that I give you $50 a month but hopefully that will change soon.

Frontpoint

Thanks for sharing your experiences! We’re glad that setup was easy and we would be happy to help you with anything else you might need in the future. Let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

After researching several security companies, I settled on Front Point based on reputation and cost. Staff was very helpful in advising me on what we needed, without trying to sell us more than we needed, which several other companies tried to do. Installation was very easy and they walked me through setting up the alarm panel which went quickly. I haven't had any alarms yet so I can't comment on the alarm response aspects.

Frontpoint

We’re thrilled to hear that you’re happy with FrontPoint! Our system is easy to use and fully customizable, so we’re glad FrontPoint can fit your home security needs. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. We’re honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint family.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

I have had the system for about a year now and have no complaints with it. It is easy to use and set up as a homeowner. I customized the package for what I needed and did the install in a couple of hours.

Frontpoint

Thank you for sharing your feedback with everyone! Like you mentioned, our Support team is always here when you need some assistance with your alarm system, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if another question comes up.

Regarding the email you received, we would like to get more information about it when you have a second. Give one of our Support Specialists a call at (877) 602-5276 and we would be happy to take care of you!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

Even though I was a newcomer to the security system world, the reps were very helpful and explained everything in really plain understandable language. When I needed help in resetting our system because it was set up to not give me enough time to deactivate it when entering the house, my call was quickly answered and they walked me through it quite well. I have received an e-mail that I believe was not from them requesting new billing information and credit card info.

After several incidents of communications failures through Alarm.com and multiple phone calls to FrontPoint Customer Service, some issues continue sporadically. When setting the alarm over Alarm.com, the system may report a communication error, and yet actually arm the system. I've experienced very prompt checking by FrontPoint of the rare false alarm. Overall I'm very happy with the system. The only drawback I've experienced is with the remote setting of the alarm which can be problematic, but resolved with a little delay.

Frontpoint

Isn’t our 100% wireless system surprisingly easy to set up? Our customers are always pleasantly surprised by how quick and easy it is. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything that we can do for you. It’s an honor to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

The Frontpoint representative who did my initial consultation was very knowledgeable. He helped me configure the system and select the components I needed. When the system arrived, the instructions were very easy to follow and I was able to install everything myself. Because the system is wireless, it is easy to place the components and if we move, we can take the system with us. I can also receive text messages and emails in addition to a phone call when there is a problem at the house. I had a piece of faulty equipment just recently and the FrontPoint representatives worked with me and replaced the equipment with no hassles and no additional charges. The FrontPoint system gives me peace of mind.

Frontpoint

We are happy that you chose FrontPoint! Please know that if anything ever happens to your equipment all you have to do is give us a call and we would be more than happy to help walk you through the easy steps to troubleshoot anything. Thanks for being a part of the FrontPoint family and just let us know if you need anything!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

I really wanted to go with a company that had a longer warranty on the hardware and low to zero upfront costs, but the technical strength of the consultant and the no pressure sales steered me towards FrontPoint.

Frontpoint

Thanks for your great recommendation! We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your new alarm system. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

I have already recommended them to 2 of my clients. It was easy to install ourselves and we had someone to call if we had trouble. We have used the instruction booklet several times to adjust the settings with no problem.

We shopped extensively for an economical home security system and tried FrontPoint after reading so many positive reviews about the system. We were not disappointed. It is easy to self-install, and the customer service has been top notch. We saved at least a thousand dollars by self-installing, and the wireless design makes it an attractive, modern system. We would recommend FrontPoint to anyone.

Frontpoint

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We hope that the new location of your control panel has gotten everything up and running smoothly. And of course, please remember that we are always only a phone call away if you need anything. Thanks again and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

So far, we have been pretty happy with the Front Point system. I thought the initial set up was a breeze and we got WAY more equipment than most other companies were offering for much less of an upfront fee. I do wish the monthly monitoring fee was a little less. We also liked the fact that the system worked without a phone line since we don't have one, but we have had issues with the cell towers in our area that caused our system to not transmit an alarm signal until 1 to 2 hours after it went off. Not super reassuring in a real emergency!

Customer service had us move the control panel to several different spots in our house until we finally found the area with the best signal. Signal transmission has worked since then (as far as we know!). I don't think this was really an issue with Front Point specifically, just cell technology in general. So overall, I would say we are pretty happy with our purchase and monitoring services.

Frontpoint

Thank you so much for sharing your great feedback! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Ever since we installed FrontPoint Security we feel so comfortable leaving home knowing we are well protected. Twice we have made mistakes setting the system. After being contacted we were so delighted with how reassuring the employees were with us and how helpful. We are very grateful for our system. It is such an easy system to set up yourself and the instructions are great. We love the emails and learning about new items and suggestions.

Frontpoint

Thanks for your kind words! Just let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

We are very satisfied with our home security system. It meets every one of our needs and the monitoring is the best with immediate calls when needed. Thanks for serving us.

Set up was easy and when I had a question, the staff was quick to resolve the issue and help me via telephone call. The value beats most companies and the peace of mind the protection gives is great.

Frontpoint system is easy to install, everybody can do it yourself. Customer service is excellent. Whenever I need help or have question, the representative is very nice, friendly, answer all my question. What I love most is to be able use my cell phone to arm, check alarm status, disarm the alarm system.

Frontpoint

What a great recommendation of FrontPoint! We are happy to have you as a customer and are willing to help answer any and all questions you might have about your new home security system. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

I turned to Frontpoint after researching reviews on affordable home security solutions. It was so easy to pick the hardware and setup the service. The rep was super nice and knowledgeable and everything was easy to install. I love the iPhone app when I forget to set the alarm or to turn off when my neighbor lets our dog out. Buy it!

Frontpoint was the alarm system for me. It was easy to install and the custom service was absolutely the best. There's no set up fee, the system works great. I have already referred my family members and friends at work. I love Frontpoint and will be a customer for a very long time.

Frontpoint

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our Support Specialists are truly friendly and helpful so it’s great to hear your praise of them. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Customer service very friendly. They don't try take advantage of customer and answer all questions. I needed a copy for my homeowner's insurance and they emailed me right away. I tested my alarm, called right away. I was impressed.

Hello, I've been happy with FrontPoint. I think the functionality they offer is superior to other vendors I evaluated and the do it yourself setup was easy, relatively quick, and saved money. I find the service itself reliable and responsive although I've had a few issues with the reliability of hardware (a few sensors failed on me); FrontPoint was always quick to replace them though.

Also, the salesperson who sold me the system was overzealous. I was interested in a piece of hardware called the Image Sensor (it is a motion detector that takes pictures) which FrontPoint didn't officially support. The salesperson said he worked with tech support and that if I bought an image sensor from a third party it would work with my FrontPoint system. I ended up doing so and alas it didn't work. FrontPoint was sorry about this when I called up and they refunded me the amount I paid for the Image Sensor (even though I didn't buy it from them).

Frontpoint

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We’re happy that we were able to help you with those sensors that you had. Don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you. Thanks again and thanks for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

We have been very happy with FrontPoint. The only shortcoming was we had some problems with a couple of sensors that failed. But FrontPoint replaced these right away and handled the issue great.

After shopping around for monitored alarm services, I chose FrontPoint because I wanted cellular signal monitoring, equipment that was mine to keep, and a low monthly cost. My experience with the sales personnel was excellent. Setup was fairly simple. However, the range of wireless signal between the control panel and sensors is not great. I have a detached garage, and with the control panel in the office where I wanted it to be, sometimes the garage door sensor signal would be lost. This generated a "keychain open" alarm on the control panel, and there is no detailed documentation to explain what that means. It would come and go, until I moved the control panel into another room closer to the back of the house. The rated range of the sensors is, I believe, 100 yards from the panel.

It's not a big deal to have the control panel in a different place. And I like that I can expand the system with additional sensors if I decide later that I need to protect another window, for example. I like that I can have a remote keypad near the door for convenience, while keeping the control panel in a less obvious place so an intruder won't have time to find it and smash it before the alarm signal is transmitted. (I just wish the remote keypad had a "silent exit" button, like on the control panel.) There are extra features like access from your smartphone, available for a price. I went with the basic, no-frills monitoring. It's a good value.

Frontpoint

Thank you for your great words about FrontPoint! We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your alarm system. Please remember that we are only a phone call away if you ever need anything. Thanks again. It’s an honor having you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

The alarm system is great. We have it on all our windows and doors and I appreciate the reminder to set the alarm and the customizable features to work with my family needs.

Frontpoint

We are happy to hear that you feel better now that you have FrontPoint! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and thanks for being such a wonderful part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

From the beginning we were amazed at how EASY it was to use Frontpoint's app. Set up was easy too. And for old folks like us, the app is so easy to activate and disarm. Thank you FrontPoint! We feel so much better now.

Have had excellent response. Fortunately, no real criminal activity was going on. But if there had been, Front Point would've gotten them. Great equipment backed by the best service.

Frontpoint Company Profile