4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

I have had the system for about a year now and have no complaints with it. It is easy to use and set up as a homeowner. I customized the package for what I needed and did the install in a couple of hours.

Frontpoint response

We’re thrilled to hear that you’re happy with FrontPoint! Our system is easy to use and fully customizable, so we’re glad FrontPoint can fit your home security needs. Please let us know if you need anything in the future. We’re honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint family.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

Even though I was a newcomer to the security system world, the reps were very helpful and explained everything in really plain understandable language. When I needed help in resetting our system because it was set up to not give me enough time to deactivate it when entering the house, my call was quickly answered and they walked me through it quite well. I have received an e-mail that I believe was not from them requesting new billing information and credit card info.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with everyone! Like you mentioned, our Support team is always here when you need some assistance with your alarm system, so don't hesitate to reach out to us if another question comes up.

Regarding the email you received, we would like to get more information about it when you have a second. Give one of our Support Specialists a call at (877) 602-5276 and we would be happy to take care of you!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

After several incidents of communications failures through Alarm.com and multiple phone calls to FrontPoint Customer Service, some issues continue sporadically. When setting the alarm over Alarm.com, the system may report a communication error, and yet actually arm the system. I've experienced very prompt checking by FrontPoint of the rare false alarm. Overall I'm very happy with the system. The only drawback I've experienced is with the remote setting of the alarm which can be problematic, but resolved with a little delay.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

The Frontpoint representative who did my initial consultation was very knowledgeable. He helped me configure the system and select the components I needed. When the system arrived, the instructions were very easy to follow and I was able to install everything myself. Because the system is wireless, it is easy to place the components and if we move, we can take the system with us. I can also receive text messages and emails in addition to a phone call when there is a problem at the house. I had a piece of faulty equipment just recently and the FrontPoint representatives worked with me and replaced the equipment with no hassles and no additional charges. The FrontPoint system gives me peace of mind.

Frontpoint response

Isn’t our 100% wireless system surprisingly easy to set up? Our customers are always pleasantly surprised by how quick and easy it is. Please feel free to let us know if there is anything that we can do for you. It’s an honor to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

I really wanted to go with a company that had a longer warranty on the hardware and low to zero upfront costs, but the technical strength of the consultant and the no pressure sales steered me towards FrontPoint.

Frontpoint response

We are happy that you chose FrontPoint! Please know that if anything ever happens to your equipment all you have to do is give us a call and we would be more than happy to help walk you through the easy steps to troubleshoot anything. Thanks for being a part of the FrontPoint family and just let us know if you need anything!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

I have already recommended them to 2 of my clients. It was easy to install ourselves and we had someone to call if we had trouble. We have used the instruction booklet several times to adjust the settings with no problem.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your great recommendation! We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your new alarm system. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

We shopped extensively for an economical home security system and tried FrontPoint after reading so many positive reviews about the system. We were not disappointed. It is easy to self-install, and the customer service has been top notch. We saved at least a thousand dollars by self-installing, and the wireless design makes it an attractive, modern system. We would recommend FrontPoint to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

So far, we have been pretty happy with the Front Point system. I thought the initial set up was a breeze and we got WAY more equipment than most other companies were offering for much less of an upfront fee. I do wish the monthly monitoring fee was a little less. We also liked the fact that the system worked without a phone line since we don't have one, but we have had issues with the cell towers in our area that caused our system to not transmit an alarm signal until 1 to 2 hours after it went off. Not super reassuring in a real emergency!

Customer service had us move the control panel to several different spots in our house until we finally found the area with the best signal. Signal transmission has worked since then (as far as we know!). I don't think this was really an issue with Front Point specifically, just cell technology in general. So overall, I would say we are pretty happy with our purchase and monitoring services.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We hope that the new location of your control panel has gotten everything up and running smoothly. And of course, please remember that we are always only a phone call away if you need anything. Thanks again and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Ever since we installed FrontPoint Security we feel so comfortable leaving home knowing we are well protected. Twice we have made mistakes setting the system. After being contacted we were so delighted with how reassuring the employees were with us and how helpful. We are very grateful for our system. It is such an easy system to set up yourself and the instructions are great. We love the emails and learning about new items and suggestions.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for sharing your great feedback! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

We are very satisfied with our home security system. It meets every one of our needs and the monitoring is the best with immediate calls when needed. Thanks for serving us.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your kind words! Just let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Set up was easy and when I had a question, the staff was quick to resolve the issue and help me via telephone call. The value beats most companies and the peace of mind the protection gives is great.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Frontpoint system is easy to install, everybody can do it yourself. Customer service is excellent. Whenever I need help or have question, the representative is very nice, friendly, answer all my question. What I love most is to be able use my cell phone to arm, check alarm status, disarm the alarm system.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

I turned to Frontpoint after researching reviews on affordable home security solutions. It was so easy to pick the hardware and setup the service. The rep was super nice and knowledgeable and everything was easy to install. I love the iPhone app when I forget to set the alarm or to turn off when my neighbor lets our dog out. Buy it!

Frontpoint response

What a great recommendation of FrontPoint! We are happy to have you as a customer and are willing to help answer any and all questions you might have about your new home security system. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Frontpoint was the alarm system for me. It was easy to install and the custom service was absolutely the best. There's no set up fee, the system works great. I have already referred my family members and friends at work. I love Frontpoint and will be a customer for a very long time.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Customer service very friendly. They don't try take advantage of customer and answer all questions. I needed a copy for my homeowner's insurance and they emailed me right away. I tested my alarm, called right away. I was impressed.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for your kind words! Our Support Specialists are truly friendly and helpful so it’s great to hear your praise of them. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Hello, I've been happy with FrontPoint. I think the functionality they offer is superior to other vendors I evaluated and the do it yourself setup was easy, relatively quick, and saved money. I find the service itself reliable and responsive although I've had a few issues with the reliability of hardware (a few sensors failed on me); FrontPoint was always quick to replace them though.

Also, the salesperson who sold me the system was overzealous. I was interested in a piece of hardware called the Image Sensor (it is a motion detector that takes pictures) which FrontPoint didn't officially support. The salesperson said he worked with tech support and that if I bought an image sensor from a third party it would work with my FrontPoint system. I ended up doing so and alas it didn't work. FrontPoint was sorry about this when I called up and they refunded me the amount I paid for the Image Sensor (even though I didn't buy it from them).

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

We have been very happy with FrontPoint. The only shortcoming was we had some problems with a couple of sensors that failed. But FrontPoint replaced these right away and handled the issue great.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We’re happy that we were able to help you with those sensors that you had. Don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you. Thanks again and thanks for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

After shopping around for monitored alarm services, I chose FrontPoint because I wanted cellular signal monitoring, equipment that was mine to keep, and a low monthly cost. My experience with the sales personnel was excellent. Setup was fairly simple. However, the range of wireless signal between the control panel and sensors is not great. I have a detached garage, and with the control panel in the office where I wanted it to be, sometimes the garage door sensor signal would be lost. This generated a "keychain open" alarm on the control panel, and there is no detailed documentation to explain what that means. It would come and go, until I moved the control panel into another room closer to the back of the house. The rated range of the sensors is, I believe, 100 yards from the panel.

It's not a big deal to have the control panel in a different place. And I like that I can expand the system with additional sensors if I decide later that I need to protect another window, for example. I like that I can have a remote keypad near the door for convenience, while keeping the control panel in a less obvious place so an intruder won't have time to find it and smash it before the alarm signal is transmitted. (I just wish the remote keypad had a "silent exit" button, like on the control panel.) There are extra features like access from your smartphone, available for a price. I went with the basic, no-frills monitoring. It's a good value.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

The alarm system is great. We have it on all our windows and doors and I appreciate the reminder to set the alarm and the customizable features to work with my family needs.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for your great words about FrontPoint! We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with your alarm system. Please remember that we are only a phone call away if you ever need anything. Thanks again. It’s an honor having you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

From the beginning we were amazed at how EASY it was to use Frontpoint's app. Set up was easy too. And for old folks like us, the app is so easy to activate and disarm. Thank you FrontPoint! We feel so much better now.

Frontpoint response

We are happy to hear that you feel better now that you have FrontPoint! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and thanks for being such a wonderful part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Have had excellent response. Fortunately, no real criminal activity was going on. But if there had been, Front Point would've gotten them. Great equipment backed by the best service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

I do like the Frontpoint experience overall. The main issue I have is that the monitors never seem to stick to any surface for long. Amusing as the point of failure is rarely the wall resulting gobs of superstuck tape. This has resulted in a number is failures being reported. Would be nice to have a better user interface easier so that anyone can set up the system. It isn't difficult but can cause grief.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

I can't say ANYTHING but wonderful things about FrontPoint. I have had wonderful experiences each time I have had the need to speak to a representative. They are always respectful and happy to help. They are very personable and willing to go above and beyond to have a satisfied customer. The reliability of the equipment and service makes the process painless and gives a very high sense of security without any hoopla.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

FrontPoint is a very reliable and helpful company. I have had several offers to switch providers but I never will change. Thank you FrontPoint for the great service.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

My alarm system suddenly stopped working and the customer service rep. ** Ju-kang was really patient and helpful. He guided me through the steps and answered all of my concerns. He was someone who I would recommend anyone to talk to. In addition, anytime I call every technical support rep and sales rep are very knowledge and try to answer any question I may have. Please keep it up!! Thanks!!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

Great security system - affordable, easy to install and use.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much! Please let us know if you need anything and most importantly, welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

I have been a customer with FrontPoint Security since March of 2012. Everyone from their Sales Team to the Monitoring Team that calls when an alarm goes off have been great and helpful. I have the interactive system with the SmartPhone app and it is easy to arm and disarm the system from the phone. The history information present in the app is easy to read and understand.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your great feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you are so happy with FrontPoint and all that we offer. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything and thanks for being such a fantastic part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

FrontPoint provides excellent customer service which is rare and very much appreciated. Every time I call with an issue or question, someone answers immediately and is always professional, patient, and extremely helpful. In addition, we found the equipment set up to be a breeze. The person helping me on the phone was with me every step of the way. The day-to-day operation of the equipment is easy and gives us much-needed peace of mind. As always, many thanks, FrontPoint!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

We were burglarized last Christmas which prompted us to get a security system. After much research, we found that FrontPoint had the best equipment and a very reasonable price! FrontPoint saved the day when we had an attempt months after the first one. Through the App, it told us were the attempted entry was, at the exact time, and other useful information. Luckily Frontpoint prevented any violation.

Frontpoint response

While we are saddened to hear that your home was broken into, rest assured that you have made the absolute best decision by choosing FrontPoint to protect your home and family! And we are proud to know that your FrontPoint protected you from another break-in. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We are honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

The service is very expensive compared to other services, but we pay the difference because we like the iPhone app availability. I've had trouble with a number of my sensors and had to call customer service several times. Also, we have accidentally set off out home alarm several times and not received a call to see if everything is ok. I understand that we usually get to the alarm relatively quickly after it goes off, but we would feel like someone has a close watch on us if we got a call each time no matter what. Overall the service has been acceptable.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience so far! We are going to have a member of our Support team reach out to you regarding your review, as some of the things you mentioned we can certainly take care of! Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions in the mean time, as we are always here and can be reached at (877) 602-5276.

Frontpoint Company Information