4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

We have had a few instances where our alarm went off in error. The agent contacted us right away and canceled the call to the authorities. Customer service is great!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Prompt service is just part of the plan to give all our customers a top notch experience. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I would highly recommend! The best feature is being able to set and turn off the alarm via my phone. If I leave the house and forget to set the alarm, I can literally set it within minutes. I can also see the history of when each room/door is activated. Very happy with this system!

Frontpoint response

The mobile app is pretty awesome, isn't it? It's really convenient being able to monitor your system straight from your phone. Let us know if we can do anything to assist you and we're happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I love my Front Point security alarm system. I use the mobile app with it and a wireless camera that I can view from my phone to check on the dog when I'm away. Plus it's just a different feeling when you go to bed and set the stay alarm. Peace of mind!! The setup is super easy and I love how easy it is to add sensors and motion detectors as you go.

Frontpoint response

It’s great that you have added peace of mind now that you have a FrontPoint home security system! And isn’t it cool that you have the ability to check in on your pet while you are away from your home? Please don’t hesitate to let us know if we can do anything for you and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Excellent system; friendly and helpful Customer Service. This system installed in a second home in a rural location, so email notifications of activity have been very helpful.

Frontpoint response

We’re happy to hear that you found FrontPoint as the perfect home security system to for second home. And isn’t it great to be able to receive text and email notifications on the happenings of your house? Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do for you. We’re honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Our dog frequently sets off our alarm. Therefore, we have a lot of communication with the Frontpoint team. Once I get a text that there is a pending alarm, I get a call very quickly afterward from a Frontpoint team member and they are always friendly, kind and professional. The ability to monitor your system through an application on a cell phone is invaluable, and being able to change settings is also extremely helpful. Very happy with our service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Great experience in dealing with Frontpoint. I was a bit afraid of self-installation, but it was a breeze. The instructions were excellent and I had no problems setting the entire system up.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I am very pleased with my FrontPoint system!! I have been a customer for almost a year now and I would highly recommend them to anyone considering a home security system. Quality, value and excellent customer service make FrontPoint the best choice in home security!!

Frontpoint response

It’s great that you’re so happy with your FrontPoint home security system! We love to hear that you have recommended us to everyone you know who is looking for a new alarm system. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if there is anything that we can do for you and thanks for being such an awesome part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Top notch service, a bit on the expensive side, but you are getting the best service.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Great product with great customer service. Installation and use of the system is extremely easy. Lots of accessories and fair pricing.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for your kind words! If there is anything that we can do to help please let us know. And most importantly, welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I have had the best experiences with my system. It has excellent monitoring services and on several occasions we have turned off our alarm from several states away for workers to get emergency access to our house. We were also able to monitor areas of our house when the workers were present. We were able to tell when our front door was accidentally left open by a worker, as well as access to an area of the house where they should not have been going. A quick phone call to the company and our peace of mind was restored when the front door was closed (and remained closed) while they were working. It is worth every penny. And, thankfully, it sets up in minutes.

After our move, we were able to take our system with us, since we own it, and set it up right away without contacting a service center for an appointment. Our new home was immediately protected. Time and our peace of mind is valuable and Front Point is the best system out there. I would definitely recommend (and have recommended) to family and friends!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

My setup experience was excellent. The live person on the line helped walk me through installation, testing to ensure connection, and the overall setup of the alarm system. Since that time, I have been very happy with the ability to monitor activities through my smartphone, etc. Not only will I be notified of any issues, but I can also see an activity log of entries and exits. So far, the pricing has also been comparable. I have been generally happy with Frontpoint and would recommend it.

Frontpoint response

It’s great to hear that your setup was excellent! We are always happy to help walk our customers through whatever they may need help with so it’s awesome that we were able to get you all set. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I am beyond happy with my system but what really has stood out to me is the AMAZING customer service!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Our power went out and the backup battery failed. I was really upset about this as we needed security the most at that time. After calling the service line they apologized and sent out a new battery immediately.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad we were able to get you the backup battery to get your system up and running to 100%. If there is anything else that we can do for you please don’t hesitate to let us know. Thanks again and thanks for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I compared services and rates between a few companies and decided to try FrontPoint. The initial customer service was great as has been any follow up that I've needed. The setup was easy, although it did require a little assistance due to our location, as is the use of the system. I have been very happy with the experience and would highly recommend FrontPoint.

Frontpoint response

We’re happy that you did your research and found that FrontPoint comes out on top! Please feel free to reach out to us if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I was very impressed with how clear the directions were, and how easy it was for me to select and install the security system. I especially like the IOS apps to arm and monitor the security system.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

The app has a very limited set of things that it does currently. We should have more user profile update controls including setting up chimes etc possible through the app. At present we need to go to the website to do it.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We will absolutely use your comments when it comes time to evaluating our app and its usability. Thanks you again and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything. It’s great having you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I would HIGHLY recommend Front Point as the most convenient and effective home security alarm system. It was easy to set-up, the customer service agents are really helpful and I haven't had any issues. I believe they are reasonably priced as well. We did accidentally set off the alarm once and they called within a couple minutes just to make sure everything was ok. I really appreciated it! I definitely feel safe in my home and sleep well at night. Thank you Front Point! :)

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Customer service is excellent! I really like the wireless feature and that system remains on/armed during a power outage. Easy set up and ease of use. This alarm gives me peace of mind. I've even referred it to a friend.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Best decision I ever made for security of my home and property. FrontPoint has always been available whether it be for general questions, installation and layout, product information, and most importantly, security. Their response time is so quick that if we make a mistake, I have received a call or text before I am more than 100 yards away from the house. I have recommended them to many others. Set-up and activation was extremely easy. They were also able to work a solutions around my dogs. Could not be happier or more secure.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We're glad to hear that you're so happy with your system so far. Whether you have a simple question or in immediate need of assistance, we are here to help and provide you with a sense of security. Our top priority is to ensure each of our customers are taken care of.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and let us know if you have any questions. We're honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Recently I had a problem with one camera not taking a movie on cue. The tech support guy talked thru several options then opted to remote in. He updated the firmware on the camera and even the one that was okay. Always fast courteous responses to alarms. Best in the business.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the kind words! We're happy to hear that you have everything running smoothly on your end. Let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be glad to help. We're happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I moved into my new home in January. My wife wanted an alarm system so I did a lot of research on security companies. I found FrontPoint and haven't looked back. The customer service and the equipment are incredibly reliable and we both feel very safe using this system. Being able to secure my house on my phone or computer is also a feature I love. I recommend this company to everyone I know. I've referred multiple people and will continue to. Keep doing what you're doing, FrontPoint.

Frontpoint response

It’s awesome that you did your research and found that FrontPoint is the best alarm system to fit your home security needs! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and thanks for being part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Great system. Love the ability to monitor from my iPhone.

Frontpoint response

The smartphone app is awesome, isn't it? Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we're happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

We recently moved into a two-story home with our 3-year-old son and 12-year-old daughter. We received offers from many alarm companies but decided to use Front Point because of their great customer service. Their staff is courteous and very professional. They provided us with all necessary information to make an informed decision about what system was right for us and did not try to sell us more than we needed. When we determined our glass break sensors were not for us after we received them, Front Point exchanged them with ease. No Hassle and free shipping. I was impressed! We have had one alarm scare since we have had the system and the Front Point team responded immediately by sending updates using the app and calling right away! I am a FrontPoint customer who loves the service and recommend it to everyone I meet!

Frontpoint response

Thanks for detailing your FrontPoint experience! We are thrilled to hear that you are so happy with your new home security system. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I'd like to say I had a positive experience with Front Point Security after a home burglary, but thankfully, I have not experienced a burglary or break in. I think the Front Point signs alone are a deterrent! What I have experienced is a high level of customer care and patience as well as a sense of security in the system that is unmatched. I truly feel safe leaving for a 10-day vacation because I trust the Front Point Security system will accurately detect a break in, and I know that the customer service representatives will put myself and my safety first to resolve the issue.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! You are absolutely correct - we are here to help whenever you need assistance. You've put your trust into us and we'll do everything we can to ensure your continued safety. It's an honor to be able to provide you with peace of mind.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I love my FrontPoint Security System. I had recently taken a cruise for a week. Which left my home empty while I was away since I live alone. I had gotten a text message that my front door was opened. Before I could react, a call came in from Front Point, letting me know what was happening at my house. The operator had made it possible for me to talk to the police at my home. They were able to find the problem and secure my home until I came home from my cruise. Thanks FrontPoint for your quick response.

Frontpoint response

Wow, what a great FrontPoint story! Oftentimes intruders take note of when homeowners go on vacation, and this is the perfect time to have FrontPoint protect your home. We are glad to hear that the police were able to take action against your home invasion while you were on your cruise. Thanks for sharing your experience and please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything. And most importantly, thanks for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

FrontPoint has been wonderful and provides peace of mind.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear that we can provide you with peace of mind! Let us know if you have any questions and thank you for your feedback. We're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I decided to buy a system from you after my home was burglarized the second time. I researched online and based on the reviews I chose FrontPoint Security. You have the best customer service. While I was out one day the glass alarm was set off and Police officers came to my home and left me a notice. I called FrontPoint Security and was told about the alarm. I realized someone had tried to enter and were dissuaded after setting off the alarm. FrontPoint lead me through a system check to make sure it was a real alarm and not a malfunction. The woman on the phone was patient, courteous and even mailed me some adhesive strips when I told her that one of my motion detectors needed new adhesive strips. I'm very happy over our association and I'm considering adding video to my system.

Frontpoint response

While it’s frightening to hear that your home was burglarized twice, know that you made the right choice after these two incidents by choosing a FrontPoint home security system. Please remember that we are only a phone call away if you need anything. We are honored to protect you and your home as part of the FrontPoint family.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

I have been very happy with FrontPoint. In addition to the typical services offered by companies such as ADT, FrontPoint also offers additional services such as messaging capability for alarm events at no extra charge.

Frontpoint response

You couldn't be more correct! Text alerts and mobile apps are all included with our other interactive features at no extra charge. Thank you for the great review and feel free to ask us if you have any question. We're happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

Initial setup very easy over the phone... Was pleasantly surprised. Technicians and service reps very helpful, pleasant and informative every interaction so far. Thank you!

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for sharing your great feedback! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do for you and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2013

It was a little difficult to find plans and options on FrontPoint website and confusing that app is Alarm.com not FrontPoint. However install was super easy, customer service was very helpful, online settings/notifications are great too. Overall very happy with product/service.

Frontpoint response

We are glad to hear that you got everything up and running with your alarm system and your app! Please feel free to reach out to us if you ever have any confusion or questions- we are always happy to help. Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Frontpoint Company Information