4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I have FrontPoint Security System for 4 years. Very happy and secure with it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

We have been extremely pleased with our FrontPoint system. Installation was easy, and the phone staff was remarkably helpful with any questions. Since the system was installed it has worked almost perfectly. The only (minor) problem has been with the adhesive strips that hold up some of the heavier signal modules (i.e., smoke detectors, glass break detectors); they seem to lose adhesion after a while and need replacement. I only wish we had a strong enough cell signal at our vacation home (in rural Western Massachusetts) to get rid of my old hard-wired system and replace it with FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! At Frontpoint we always strive to provide the best customer experience possible so we're glad our Support Specialist were able to assist you when you needed them to.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Easy self serve setup. Great features and controls through alarm.com and mobile app. Good customer service.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your feedback! Please let us know if you ever have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

This is my second house that I own. I had Frontpoint security in my first house and of course when I bought my second house I never even thought for a second what is going to be my choice. I love your service, so easy to install. Your mobile app allows me to keep track of my alerts.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're very honored to be able to protect two of your homes. Let us know if we can answer any questions and we're glad to have you as a part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

We switched to FrontPoint after having many problems with another large security company. The level of service, ownership of our account, and overall protection is stellar and I'd recommend highly to anyone on the market.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for making the switch to FrontPoint and thanks for your great recommendation! Please let us know if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I signed up for FrontPoint because of their reviews. Signing up and getting the system was great and very easy. During the first six months I had many problems with their equipment and customer service. I worked very hard and stood by them as they tried to correct the problem... The problem was eventually worked up the chain and resolved. I am now very happy with them and their customer service....

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I was called by dispatch saying my alarm was triggered. I informed them that it was my fiance and not to send the police. I was told they would cancel the alarm and we hung up the phone. 45 minutes later the police arrived to my home and asked my fiance for ID and proof of address. Later I received a letter for a false alarm and I will be charged $105 for the next one. I feel that the alarm company did not inform the police and caused me my courtesy false alarm. Also dispatching the police 45 min later instead of immediately, my house could have been cleaned out! That doesn't make me feel very safe.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we know one of our Managers of Support, Peter, reached out to you back on the 27th to help address your concerns. Rest assured, whenever an experience like you detailed comes up, we jump into action and will do whatever is necessary to make sure you are taken care of.

We know you had a great conversation with Peter which helped clarify the event you described, and are always here if you have any additional questions or concerns. Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention, and we look forward to continue bringing peace of mind to your day to day life.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Customer service reps are easy to reach and quick to help. I've never had any issues getting new components activated.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Outstanding experience. Customer service is wonderful. The information gathering process was painless with no pressure at all. The equipment arrived on time and the set-up took 20 minutes. The ease of operation is great. Mobile access is immediate including remote arming and status check. I have highly recommended FrontPoint to many friends and neighbors. Wonderful experience.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for your kind words! Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you need anything and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Bought the system and had great delivery time. Easy to setup. Every call to customer service gets me a knowledgeable person that is pleasant.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your great feedback! If you need anything else please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks again and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

My interactions with customer service have always been good because of their willingness to help and ability to resolve the problem. What I like most about Frontpoint is that the setup is easy and I have the ability to move the system with me when I move to another house. When I added a sensor to my garage door it was easy too. I like being able easily change my system according to my needs. I used to use the app all the time to set my alarm but ever since I added the garage door sensor, I have set the alarm from inside the house in order to bypass the garage door while I am gone during the day. It would be more convenient to be able to bypass the garage door from my app. Maybe the app already does this and I am just not aware of it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I was very skeptical of the self set-up, but it was very easy and the customer service reps were incredibly helpful throughout the process. Additionally, they have been very thorough and responsive with every question I've had since we purchased the monitoring. We have been very pleased.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for your feedback! It’s great to hear that setup went well and that we have been able to help answer all your questions. If there's anything else we can do for you please let us know and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Have been on FrontPoint for a number of months. I switched from ADT for two reasons. First - I wanted a cellular provider. Second - they were highly rated. So far I am quite happy. The thing that has impressed me the most is the phone support. Folks seem to really know what they are talking about. This is not what I found when I called ADT. I was a bit apprehensive about setting this up myself - I did get some phone support and it was easy!

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your great feedback! It’s great to hear that we were able to walk you through setup and that you are enjoying how helpful our Support Specialists are. Don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Have had no break-in attempts but we have accidentally set off the alarm a few times and your rep is always prompt with the call.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your feedback! We’re happy to hear that we can help keep your home and family safe. Please let us know if there’s anything that we can help with and thanks for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

FrontPoint has exceeded our family's expectations from the time we were considering them as a security firm. It was easy to activate and open an account.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your great feedback! We’re glad to hear setup went well. Please let us know if you have any more questions and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I have a very good experience in dealing with customer service. I came with a coupon late, while still in free trial period, and was worked with to allow myself savings. I appreciate it when people take care of customers! Thank you! Also, I love the phone app and the ability to set my alarm from my phone. I wish it was compatible with my current house operating system. Also I have seen other units that have weather another warning that send alerts for extreme weather. My sister has a different company and her alarm when off alerting her a tornado was headed their way.

Frontpoint response

We are thrilled to hear that you are happy with FrontPoint. We will be sure to keep your suggestions in mind for weather updates. Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

After having used two other security system, both of them using the telephone wiring, I feel really secure using this system with its wireless feature. I have experienced excellent response from the local police the two time I set the alarm off and could not remember my pass code.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! A fully wireless system like ours is truly the only way to go. There are no wires to worry about, making it virtually impossible to defeat. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as a part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Issues: 1) Monitoring center calls my secondary number first rather than primary number. 2) Tape on one of motion sensors is not strong enough to hold sensor on wall so it falls off. 3) iPhone app interface appears to be not very modern and slick and responsive, as well as website interface; in particular, changing payment method online would be very useful. 4) There was at least one occasion when door opening sensors reported as "open" while the doors were closed and locked and not moving at all for quite long time.

Good sides: Setup was easy and straightforward, with only exception of I found no way of using "FrontPoint protected" labels - they are not useful and cannot be attached to either windows or a posted sign.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for your feedback! We know that one of our Support Specialists had been working with you to resolve your concerns. We hope we have been able to help you and please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. Thanks again and thanks for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I had a boat for sale that set out by my driveway. This guy and his girlfriend stopped out in front of my house on road, came to door and asked if he put $200 down and return in 2 weeks with the rest, if I would hold the boat for him. I agreed, then gave him a receipt. When I came out of my front door, my beeper made its sound of a door being opened. He asked what that sound was and I told him. He, then asked how long it would take for the law to arrive. I told him a deputy sheriff lived half a mile from here. He left.

3 houses were broken into in this area, flat screens were ripped from the wall, computers, jewelry and guns were stolen. This guy never came back for his $200 or the boat. After talking to a law official weeks later, they had arrested a couple that was involved in the 3 break-ins. I never seen their pictures, but the identities closely matched the guy that stopped at my house that day. I truly believe that my FrontPoint security system saved my house that day.

Frontpoint response

Wow, what a scary story! We're very happy to hear that nothing happened to you or your home. It's great to hear that they've been caught!

Thank you for sharing your personal experience with us, and most importantly, we're honored to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I've been a customer for over two years. Tailoring the system to fit my needs was a big plus. The system was easy to install and customer service was excellent.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We believe that every customer should have a system that fits their needs perfectly. Please let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

I love this system. It is easy to set up. Easy to use. iPad and iPhone apps are free. Plus the customer service is excellent!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! You are definitely right, the mobile apps are all included with the rest of our interactive monitoring features. Let us know if we can do anything to help and we're glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Customer service has been excellent. The equipment was easy to install and easy to use. The only downside I noticed was that the motion detector doesn't respond immediately. I tested the motion detector, armed my system, waited a few minutes then walked in front of it. It did not immediately trigger the alarm, after about 5 seconds and jumping up and down in front of it, the alarm finally triggered. It gets the job done, but would be more satisfied, if the motion detector was more sensitive and triggered the alarm immediately.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

This is a great product backed by an excellent customer service center. My only concern is the confluence of price and value. The products and monthly fee are a bit high and I am not sure the value proposition is being met.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Our Support Team would be more than happy to go over the prices, and discuss why it is that way. You can also ask us here if you'd like, we are here to help.

Again, thank you for sharing and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Fast shipment of equipment that works well, customer service that's prompt and responsive. Cellular network and user friendly apps for phone and pad set them apart. Many, many sensors and capabilities. Competitive monitoring rates. Researched thoroughly before I went with them and all accolades were accurate. Highly recommended.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great recommendation! We always encourage our customers to do their research, so it's an honor to be ones that you chose to provide you with peace of mind. Please let us know if you have any questions and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

The system is amazingly easy to install and very user friendly in use. We have not had any issues since installation and are actually bragging to neighbors about how nice the system works for us. FrontPoint does a good job in explaining the benefits of each of the packages so you can pick one that suits your needs. My parents who were visiting from overseas actually asked if they could take the system with them!

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your experience! It’s great to hear that you are so pleased with your alarm system and that you brag to your neighbors about us! If there’s anything else we can help with please don’t hesitate to let us know and thanks so much for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

FronPoint has always been a great service and a great value, but recently, when I got a job offer in another state, we discovered additional reasons to love FrontPoint! We moved quickly, before we could sell our home. With FrontPoint, we not only have peace of mind about being away, but we have the added value of being able to manage the system remotely. Even better, we can monitor the times and movements of people we DO know will be in the house. Thanks, FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your great feedback and congratulations on your new job! We’re thrilled that we’ve been able to serve you especially now that being able to control your alarm system from far away is important! Remember to reach out to us when you are ready to bring FrontPoint to your new home and we’ll be happy to send you a moving kit that includes new adhesive. Thanks again- we’re honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Set up was a breeze... wireless access is second to none... with the customizable notifications, monitoring the current status and activity history is so simple with the app for Android. If I forget to set the alarm, I can set it from ANYWHERE. Excellent service and value for the price and peace of mind! Thank you, FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

You're very welcome! We're very happy and honored to be able to provide you with peace of mind. The mobile app really doesn't make everything more simple, doesn't it? From the palm of your hand, you can stay connected to your system. Thank you for the great review and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

FrontPoint is one of the easiest systems to install, maintain and own. Not to mention that they have great customer service, always courteous and helpful. Not sure why you would own another system, no wires, no strangers in your house, just stick, call and you're ready to go!

Frontpoint response

You couldn't be more correct! A wireless system like ours is the way to go if you want a system that is virtually undefeatable. Like you mentioned, you don't have to worry about any wires being cut, and installation is so easy that you don't need to have a stranger enter your home.

Thank you for that great review and we're honored to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2013

The service provided is quite good. I had a problem that the motions sensors fell off the wall due to the tape no longer being able to hold them. New tape was sent to me but I found it rather odd that exactly 6 pieces of tape were sent for the 3 sensors. Not one piece more. : )

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! If you ever find yourself needing more tape, feel free to ask for more. We won't hesitate to get that to you. Let us know if you have any other questions and we're glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2013

When we received FrontPoint Security System to set up in our home, it was super easy to install. When we needed help, it was concise and very helpful. Whenever the alarm has been set off (by us), follow up was timely and appropriate. Thank God no one else has set off the alarm without our knowledge). We will recommend FrontPoint to anyone else who is in the market for a security system that works.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! Our customers are our top priority, so try to provide the best experience possible. This includes making sure that you get a prompt response from us if an alarm gets set off. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Frontpoint Company Information