3.53/5
  • 1 star
Based on 186 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 16, 2017

5758 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Fast shipment of equipment that works well, customer service that's prompt and responsive. Cellular network and user friendly apps for phone and pad set them apart. Many, many sensors and capabilities. Competitive monitoring rates. Researched thoroughly before I went with them and all accolades were accurate. Highly recommended.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great recommendation! We always encourage our customers to do their research, so it's an honor to be ones that you chose to provide you with peace of mind. Please let us know if you have any questions and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

The system is amazingly easy to install and very user friendly in use. We have not had any issues since installation and are actually bragging to neighbors about how nice the system works for us. FrontPoint does a good job in explaining the benefits of each of the packages so you can pick one that suits your needs. My parents who were visiting from overseas actually asked if they could take the system with them!

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your experience! It’s great to hear that you are so pleased with your alarm system and that you brag to your neighbors about us! If there’s anything else we can help with please don’t hesitate to let us know and thanks so much for being a part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

FronPoint has always been a great service and a great value, but recently, when I got a job offer in another state, we discovered additional reasons to love FrontPoint! We moved quickly, before we could sell our home. With FrontPoint, we not only have peace of mind about being away, but we have the added value of being able to manage the system remotely. Even better, we can monitor the times and movements of people we DO know will be in the house. Thanks, FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

Thanks for your great feedback and congratulations on your new job! We’re thrilled that we’ve been able to serve you especially now that being able to control your alarm system from far away is important! Remember to reach out to us when you are ready to bring FrontPoint to your new home and we’ll be happy to send you a moving kit that includes new adhesive. Thanks again- we’re honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

Set up was a breeze... wireless access is second to none... with the customizable notifications, monitoring the current status and activity history is so simple with the app for Android. If I forget to set the alarm, I can set it from ANYWHERE. Excellent service and value for the price and peace of mind! Thank you, FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

You're very welcome! We're very happy and honored to be able to provide you with peace of mind. The mobile app really doesn't make everything more simple, doesn't it? From the palm of your hand, you can stay connected to your system. Thank you for the great review and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2013

FrontPoint is one of the easiest systems to install, maintain and own. Not to mention that they have great customer service, always courteous and helpful. Not sure why you would own another system, no wires, no strangers in your house, just stick, call and you're ready to go!

Frontpoint response

You couldn't be more correct! A wireless system like ours is the way to go if you want a system that is virtually undefeatable. Like you mentioned, you don't have to worry about any wires being cut, and installation is so easy that you don't need to have a stranger enter your home.

Thank you for that great review and we're honored to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2013

The service provided is quite good. I had a problem that the motions sensors fell off the wall due to the tape no longer being able to hold them. New tape was sent to me but I found it rather odd that exactly 6 pieces of tape were sent for the 3 sensors. Not one piece more. : )

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! If you ever find yourself needing more tape, feel free to ask for more. We won't hesitate to get that to you. Let us know if you have any other questions and we're glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2013

When we received FrontPoint Security System to set up in our home, it was super easy to install. When we needed help, it was concise and very helpful. Whenever the alarm has been set off (by us), follow up was timely and appropriate. Thank God no one else has set off the alarm without our knowledge). We will recommend FrontPoint to anyone else who is in the market for a security system that works.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! Our customers are our top priority, so try to provide the best experience possible. This includes making sure that you get a prompt response from us if an alarm gets set off. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2013

FrontPoint is top of the line security and service with pricing that just works! Within two days I had my customized system shipped, installed and functioning. The folks over there really know how to treat their customers. We even had a false alarm and in a way I'm glad because I got to see firsthand how they would respond without it being an actual emergency. I can leave my home with confidence. Set up my in-laws with a system also and they love it. Now we all sleep better at night and go about our day without worry. With my cell phone I can be home even when I'm not. Love that I can turn lights on and off and see what's going on at all times. Thanks FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

You're very welcome! It's an honor to be able to provide you, your family, and your in-laws with a sense of security - after all, that's our job! And the mobile app is really great, isn't it? Being able to stay connected to your through your phone is a major convenience. Let us know if we can do anything to help and we're happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2013

From the first phone call to installation we were supported all along the way. We researched various company offerings and choose the security company rated tops in customer service. We 'joined the club' and are very happy we did.

Frontpoint response

And we're very happy you did too! It's an honor to be able to provide you with peace of mind. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as a part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

We would highly recommend FrontPoint Security. The customer service is great and the system was exceptionally easy to self-install. We were able to set up the whole system quickly and we love being able to turn on and off our system with our cell phones. We accidentally set the system off shortly after installing, FrontPoint called and texted both of our cell phones instantly to check in on us. That experience has shown us how attentive FrontPoint is with regard to monitoring our system. We are so happy we decided to forgo using one of the larger named companies and chose to go with FrontPoint. We used to have a different system prior to FrontPoint and dreaded calling because the customer service was so bad. We used to feel concerned with our old system. We don't feel that way anymore.

Frontpoint response

We're thrilled to hear it! After all, isn't the point of a security system to feel safe and not worry about it? Our customers are our top priority, and that means if there's an alert, they should know about it as quickly as possible. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and let us know if you have any questions. We're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

I have been pleased w/ FrontPoint, both in customer service and price. I have not had an alarm event.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear it! Let us know if you ever have any questions and we'll be glad to help. We're happy to have in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

I did quite a bit of research on alarm systems before choosing FrontPoint Security. I looked not only at the product line the companies offered, but the level of customer service and responsiveness as well. From the inquiry I made, Carol took the time to ensure my needs were covered. She followed up and then we tweaked some of my choices thinking ahead to the future and how the system would suit my family's needs. FrontPoint's ability to offer me home automation products tied into my alarm provided me the level of security I was looking for. Set up was easy, and I was up and online in minutes. Adding the security cameras was simple, and did require a few calls to customer service to guide the through fine tuning the camera settings. However hands down FrontPoint has some of the friendliest and most helpful customer service I have encountered to date. I’m glad I made the choice to go with FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

And we're thrilled to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family! It's great to hear that you're so happy with your system, feel free to let us know if you ever need more assistance. We'll be sure to let Carol know that her time was appreciated. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

Awesome system! So good I recommend to my family and friends.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the recommendation to others! We really appreciate any kind words our customers say about us. Let us know if we can help you in any way and we're thrilled to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

Made us safe, able to add family members and know what traffic that comes and goes through the house.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear that we can help you feel safe. Let us know if we can do anything to help and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

Very nice experience, customer service very prompt and easy to work with. Good value and good price.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad to hear you've had a pleasant experience so far. Let us know if we can do anything to help and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

I am very pleased with the ease of setting up the contract and even outing in the alarm system ourselves. The best part is the app. It is so easy to navigate the controls of the alarm system using the app. When you have your hands full with groceries and a baby, sometimes the last thing you can do is punch in a code on a panel. I am able to disarm the alarm while pulling into the driveway with my phone. In addition, when my mom flew into town, I was able to let her in the house using the app from work!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It sounds like you're making amazing use of the mobile app. It's really convenient, isn't it? Doesn't matter where you are, you can monitor your system straight from the palm of your hand. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

I had a low battery on my counsel. I called FrontPoint and the customer assistance personnel were very helpful. They shipped me a battery right away and talked me through the step by step procedure for installing the new battery. It is nice to know they are always there and ready to help.

Frontpoint response

You couldn't be more correct! We are always here ready to assist you and other customers. Feel free to contact us if you ever need assistance. Thank you for the great review and we're happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

So far we have had a great experience. The system was easy to set up, the iPhone app is very easy to use and we have gotten great service. They have gotten back to us very quickly.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're very glad to hear that your experience has been nothing short of great. Let us know if you ever have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

I have FrontPoint for about 5 years now. I feel very confident when I'm out of the house. Especially knowing that I can see my property from anywhere at anytime. Also like the fact that I can armed my system away from my house if needed @ anytime. I especially like the text messaging send to my iPhone when the cameras spot a moving object in the area. Their customer service and their tech department are top notch and are all trained professionally to handle what ever issues you might encounter. I would definitely recommend (FRONT POINT SECURITY) for your home protection and peace of mind. Set up was a breeze....

Frontpoint response

You're quite welcome and thank you for being a great member of the FrontPoint Family for the past five years! It's great to see that you're taking advantage of our interactive features and especially the mobile app. The mobile app is truly a great way to stay connected to your home, no matter where you are!

Again, thanks for sharing your feedback and we look forward to protecting you and your home for many more years!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

Every time I have a question, whether it's about settings or my bill, they are so friendly and helpful. I have never had a problem with customer service or the device itself. I feel safe and secure every time I leave the house or when I go to sleep!! Easy set up and quality is great and the price is fabulous!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We're honored to be able to give such an invaluable sense of security. Let us know if we can do anything to further improve your experience and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

I rest easy every night and anytime I am away from home because I know my home is secure with Frontpoint. A couple times the maintenance guy at my apartment accidentally set it off while entering to do routine maintenance. Frontpoint was quick to call me and notify me that it had been triggered. I felt good knowing Frontpoint was serious about ensuring the security of my home. I would definitely recommend this company!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the awesome recommendation! It's an honor to be able to provide you with peace of mind, whether you're at home or away. It is definitely our mission to make sure your home is protected. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

I've been very happy with Front Point so far. The price is reasonable. It took very little time (20 mins) to install and they walked me through the installation over the phone. Super easy. Luckily, we haven't had an incident. I also really like the mobile app... except I can't seem to remember my password.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! If you're still having trouble with remembering, feel free to contact our Support Team at 877-602-5276 and they'll be happy to sort it out for you. Let us know if you have any other questions and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2013

I love the system and app use and customization. The price for cameras are way too high though compared to what's available on internet. I would rather have separate app for cam and one for security because of price.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We appreciate you sharing your thoughts on the camera and rest assured, we're always having discussions how to improve our service for our customers. Let us know if you ever have any questions and we're glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2013

I have used Brinks, ADT, and a private security firm in Maryland over two decades. When I discovered FrontPoint via the Better Business Bureau I was very interested in their excellent rating. I researched FrontPoint and found their simple customer approach and easy installation was right for my requirements. I installed the FrontPoint system one Saturday and have found its easy use operation welcoming. The monthly fee is reasonable also. The most important feature that made me choose FrontPoint for my family's security requirements are its 100% cellular connectivity. The other alarms companies cannot offer the fool proof cellular connection. I definitely recommend FrontPoint.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great recommendation! You also couldn't be more correct! A system that is 100% wireless, meaning it also comes with cellular connectivity, should be the only option in this time and age. There are no wires to cut and with a 24 hour backup battery, it is virtually impossible to defeat.

Again, thank you for the great review and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2013
This system works great for us. We have a home in the Florida Keys but live in Pennsylvania. We recently had to have the house tented for termites and had to leave the system off but thanks to the cameras we were able to keep track of all the coming & goings of people in and out of house. It was a great comfort.

Thank you for a great product.

Frontpoint response

You're quite welcome, and thank you for being a member of the FrontPoint Family! We're very happy to hear that you're making great use of the cameras. Let us know if we can do anything to help and thank you for the feedback!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2013

Customer service answered all questions and the system came very quickly. Set up took less than 30 minutes and activation was a breeze. Extremely easy to use.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're very glad to hear that everything is up and running for you. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2013

Over the years I have had a couple of different alarm systems. One was a professional system that cost big, big bucks. Another was a mail order one that I could never get to work correctly, even though I am a very good mechanic and have a degree in electronics. I researched the Front Point system after we moved into a newer home and there were a few break-ins in the area. I settled on Front Point and ordered the system. Like a lot of people we gave up our telephone land line some time ago so we needed a wireless system. The Security Consultant was extremely helpful in helping me decide what components I needed.

After receiving the package I installed all the sensors and control unit in less than 3 hours including studying the instructions and had it up and running in another few minutes. We have had the system for about a year and have had no problems with it at all. I added a couple of sensors with equal ease for an out building. I love the smartphone app features which allow arming or disarming remotely and being able to see when a door is opened when I am away from the home. I also like the way it can be customized via the application. I cannot say enough about the system and would recommend it to anyone.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the awesome review! We're glad to hear that everything has been working perfectly. It's great to hear that you love the smartphone app because we think it's pretty awesome too. There's no beating the convenience that comes with being able to monitor your system from the palm of your hand. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2013

I have been very happy with the support I have received. My major focus now would be to slightly pivot from a security focus to a caring focus (i.e. how can we help the individual home owner save money by thermostat control, etc). Show that the $40 per month they spend saves them $60 (home owners premium, climate control, etc).

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for your great feedback! We are glad to hear that you have been happy with our customer support. And your ideas for how our system can help save customers money are awesome! We will absolutely make these suggestions to our customers. Thanks again- it’s an honor having you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2013

I shopped around for a while before we decided on Frontpoint and we were not disappointed. The staff was very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable about their business. Now we have complete peace of mind about our security, at home and away. I would highly recommend.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great recommendation! We strive to provide a world-class customer experience, so it's always great to hear kind words from our customers. Let us know if we can do anything to help and we'll be glad to help. We're happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2013

I researched security systems after our home was broken into. FrontPoint was superior based on my Internet search. In asking people I work with, FrontPoint's ease of use system was recommended and highly praised. When I called FrontPoint, I was treated kindly and with respect. They tout customer care and they can, because it is clearly evident that they care about their customers. I am so happy with our system. I feel safe and secure. We had a false alarm (I left my dog out of his crate for the day) and we were notified immediately! A great GE product topped off with incredible customer care. Thoroughly impressed!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the awesome review! You are absolutely correct - we care about our customers! It's one of our top priorities to make sure each one of our customers is satisfied. It can be a simple matter, or a complex situation, we are here to help. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Frontpoint Company Information