4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

From the day I installed it almost 3 years ago it has been the best decision in home security I have made.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear we are the best decision in home security you have made! We love to have you as a member of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

We looked at about 5 security companies and decided on FrontPoint. The sales person worked with us to meet our needs for a good price. The equipment arrived quickly and was easy to install and activate.

Frontpoint response

We are honored that you chose FrontPoint to protect your home. Thank you for the great review and welcome to the FrontPoint family.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Awesome. The consultant that set me up was very knowledgeable and kind. He basically showed me the benefits and comparisons for this security system. I was highly impressed on the knowledge that he had of all security systems in comparison to others. I will continue to utilize them for days to come.

Frontpoint response

Our Security Consultants are experts at making your home safe and secure and we are happy to hear you are protected. Welcome to the FrontPoint family and thank you for the awesome review!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Happy with service. We have had to replace equipment due to failures within the first two years of use. Other than that, we have been happy.

Frontpoint response

We offer a 2 year equipment warranty with the purchase of any equipment from FrontPoint. If anything goes wrong, the problem will be taken care of quickly and efficiently by our Customer Support team. Thank you for the wonderful review and welcome to the FrontPoint family.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

It took about a half an hour to set up, with sensors on windows and door plus two motion sensors. Easy to activate and disarm. Mush less expensive than the competitors and didn't require any wiring. Works great for our family. I've spoken with customer service a couple of times and found them very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for choosing FrontPoint to protect your family and home. The ease of use is what many customers, including yourself, love about FrontPoint. Welcome to the Frontpoint family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

We have had a number of false alarms from everything to one of us forgetting the alarm was on and going outside, to smoke from cooking inside the house, and to our dogsitter setting off the alarm while we were out of the country. FrontPoint has been nothing but timely and professional each time they have called. A couple of these requests actually led to the police coming to our house and they were there within minutes so two thumbs up.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We strive to provide our customers with the best possible experience, and that includes making sure that they have incredibly quick response times. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

We've had Frontpoint for over a year and really love it. It was super easy to install and the customer service is excellent! We love the mobile app! We'll continue to recommend it!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We're thrilled to hear that you've been been so happy with our system so far. We also appreciate your recommendations to others. Let us know if you have any questions and we're honored to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Only had an issue with my garage door sensor when I got the system and FrontPoint sent a replacement right of way. No issues at all and every time I call I get great service.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We're happy to hear that we were able to sort out everything for you quickly. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Sales and installation of system - everyone involved from start to follow up was very professional.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear it! Our Security Consultants and Support Specialists strive to provide the best experience for our customers, so it's always great to hear kind words. Thank you for the feedback and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Frontpoint has always been terrific for us... no real alarms at this point but they have always been responsive to our false alarms. We had a problem with the backing coming off one of our sensors and they were more than willing to replace free of charge. They always answer our questions and have been willing to help us in any way they could.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the amazing review! Our top priority is to make sure that every single one of our customers is satisfied with not only their system, but with the service they receive from us. We are more than willing to help, so just let us know if you ever need assistance.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

The entire process was a breeze. From calling customer service to recommend which type of equipment and service best matched my needs, to the prompt delivery and easy installation. My family and I feel safe and secure. I've already recommended to several friends. FrontPoint is awesome.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We're happy to hear that everything is running smoothly for you so far. Your security and safety is what's most important to us, so it's awesome to hear that you and your family have peace of mind. Let us know if we can do anything to help and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

The ability to activate and de-activate the system with my Smartphone is easy and quick. I like the ability to monitor the history of the sensors in my house as well.

Frontpoint response

Isn't the mobile app just awesome? It's hard to match the convenience of being able to arm/disarm your system from the palm of your hand. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and let us know if you ever have any questions. We're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

I am very pleased with the assistance provided to us by the Customer Service whenever we have questions related to our security system.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're very happy to hear that you're pleased with our service so far. Don't hesitate to ask if you ever any other questions and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Very happy with service FrontPoint provides. Very friendly on the phone and they go out of their way to answer any questions or concerns.

Frontpoint response

That's what we're here for! Ensuring that our customers are happy is our top priority, so just let us know whenever you need assistance. Thanks for the great review and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Great customer service. Very easy to install, staff were great at answering questions.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear that you've enjoyed a great customer experience so far. Let us know if you have any questions and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

I have had little problems with help or service from FRONTPOINT. They were available when I needed help in the set up procedure. They called back to insure that what they said was helpful .I'm still experiencing problems with one of my door contacts but I think it is my fault and not FrontPoint. I’ve had two different services in the past but Frontpoint is the best in terms of service that I have had.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're happy to hear that you've been happy with your service so far. If your door sensors still need to be sorted out, feel free to contact us at 877-602-5276 and our Support Team would be more than happy to assist you.

Again, thank you for the review and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

I have been very satisfied with the service and equipment. It has lived up to my expectation so far.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear it! Let us know if you have any questions and thanks for being part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

My Mom died in 2010. Since my Dad didn't have a sense of smell, my sister and I decided our Dad needed some type of fire detection just to be on the safe side. One day, about a year ago, I received an emergency from Front Point that the smoke detectors had been set off and that Fire Trucks had been dispatched. I immediately phoned my Dad to find out that my niece had burned something she was cooking. I told my Dad, "Fire Trucks are on the way to your house," to which he said, "No, they're not." About 10 seconds later, he said, "I gotta go, there are some sirens outside." I live an hour from my Dad, and it's nice to know Front Point is watching him better than I could if I lived next door.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're happy to hear that nothing serious happened at your father's home. It's great though to see that you took the necessary precautions and got him a smoke detector. Let us know if you have any questions and we're happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

FrontPoint has provided me with phenomenal customer service and their system is second to none.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the kind words! Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Can't describe how much comfort the FrontPoint system installed in my home has provided my family and I. The system was super easy to order, setup and operate. With the ability to evaluate and interact with my system remotely through my Smartphone, I am always in touch with what is happening with my home. A great example of this very helpful "remote control" of my system occurred as we were away on holiday in Europe. The mother-in-law stopped in to check on the house and as she stepped into the house, she was shocked to find she forgot the FrontPoint security panel access code. She texted me on my phone to ask what to do, and, through some quick action through my Smartphone FrontPoint application, I was able to disarm the system before the alarm was raised. Great system!

Frontpoint response

Awesome use of the smartphone app! The fact that you were in Europe and were able to disarm your system so quickly is pretty cool, isn't it?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and feel free to ask us if you have any questions. We're happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

FrontPoint came highly recommended by some close friends who when they just got their system installed, left town and were broken into. Because of FrontPoint, nothing was taken from their home. We immediately called and got our FrontPoint system installed. Cut to two weeks later, my wife and I were out of town, about an hour and half from our home. On a Sunday morning, I woke up to find about 25 missed calls on my phone...all from FrontPoint. My first thought was we have been robbed, but soon found out that a hot water pipe burst in our bathroom and the FrontPoint fire detector was alerted. The hot steam triggered the alarm.

The fire department came to the house, got inside without damaging the doors and turned off the water with only minimal water damage. If we had not had the FrontPoint system, our entire home would have been flooded. We are true fans of FrontPoint. The system is easy to install, easy to operate. The customer service is always on top of everything, the monthly fee is reasonable, and most important, FrontPoint makes us feel a whole lot better when we leave our home.

Frontpoint response

Wow, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're very happy to hear that there was only a minimal amount of damage to your home. We're honored to hear that we've been able to give you peace of mind, whether you're home or away.

Again, thank you for your feedback and let us know if you have any questions. We're thrilled to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

I looked at a lot of systems before deciding on FrontPoint, and in the end, decided to give them a try. I have had no problems with my system. Its features are great, and it's been a comfort knowing it's there. The only negative that I would give is that I feel additional sensors and add-on equipment seems a bit pricey.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're glad to hear that your system is running smoothly so far. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

I really like the system, but am not fully confident in the alert options. I think it would be wise to have more assistance in setting up alerts. Also, the customer service when I call for assistance is excellent.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! If you'd still like to know more about the alert options, our Support Team would be more than happy to assist you with at 877-602-5276. Feel free to reach out to us if you'd prefer that instead. Thank you again and we're glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Easy to set up, 1st rate in assistance, super quick to contact you if alarm should be activated by unknown source. I have called a couple times to ask questions and technicians were able to answer my questions without hesitation. Very knowledgeable support services. Very reasonably priced. Completely satisfied with product and services. I would and have recommended FrontPoint to my family and friends.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the awesome review! We're happy to hear all the kind words. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help and we're happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

I've dealt with their technical support dept., their customer service dept., and the monitoring service dept. And I have no complaints at all about anyone that I've spoken to at FrontPoint. They are extremely professional and courteous. The monitoring service is excellent. The few times the alarm has gone off in my house, the monitoring service always call me in less than 1 min after alarm panel reports the alarm to the monitoring service.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We're very happy to hear that you're so satisfied with our customer service. We strive to provide the best experience for our customers. Let us know if you have any questions and we're happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Our experience with FrontPoint has been nothing but positive - from customer service to products.

Frontpoint response

We're very happy to hear that! Thank you for the kind words and we're happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

The security system works well and the mobile convenience is very nice. I'm not blown away with the features available on my package but I don't need to be as long as it works.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

From ordering my custom security system through the installation and activation process, it was all so easy. I got all my equipment for less than other security system plus I can take it with me if I move. There are no holes in the walls from installation. I needed my security system quickly and I received it within 24 hours whereas it would have taken other companies 2-3 weeks to come out and do the installation. I can operate the system from an easy app on my phone or a keychain fob. I am extremely happy with the system and service.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear it! One of the great things about having an entirely wireless system, like you mentioned, is that you can just pick it up and move when you need to. No need to worry about any holes in the walls or long wires. Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and we're happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

Great system. I like to be able to put sensors where I want them without running wires and stuff behind walls. Very easy to install and maintain. Great Customer service. The monitoring is very quick. I have set the alarm off several time by accident and within seconds I get a message on my smart phone, a few seconds later I get a phone call.

Frontpoint response

We love the simplicity of the wireless sensors and are delighted to hear you like them as well. Welcome to the FrontPoint family and thank you for the great review!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2013

After suffering a break-in to our home in January of 2013, my wife and I started searching for an alarm system. We looked at all the local and national units before making a decision. We could not be happier. We are reminded to set the alarm if we forget. We know when the kids come home from school or a guest arrives and we know when sensors are tripped immediately, all via our smart phones! We also know that the response time is almost instant when the alarm is triggered. Very pleased and a great system. Also easy to install! Would buy again and again.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the kind words! It's always great to hear from our customers when they're so happy. And the mobile app is awesome, isn't it? It's so convenient being able to monitor your system from the palm of your hand. Let us know if you have any questions and we're glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Frontpoint Company Information