4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

We have been using FrontPoint equipment and services for several years now to protect our home and ourselves from intruders. We use window and door sensors, multiple motion detectors upstairs and down, and a live camera in our den. We also use smoke detectors in our home tied into the FrontPoint system. We activate our system easily using the remote controls or our Android phones and tablets. We can view and record activity in our den 24/7 wherever we are. FrontPoint will also automatically record camera events and notify us when they occur. When we are traveling, I use my Android smartphone with 4G as a hotspot and connect my tablet to it wirelessly. Then I can monitor the status of all of my sensors and my camera on my tablet in our van while on the road.

FrontPoint's customer service is very responsive and helpful and we always reach a live, knowledgeable person within 2-3 rings. Something set off one of our sensors while we were 500 miles from home and we immediately got a call on our smartphone informing us of this. I saw no activity in our den and had one of our neighbors look around our house. The rep waited on the phone with us while we checked things out and found everything to be okay. It was a false detection by one of our motion detectors because of a light flash or something else and we were able to cancel the alert. Overall we are very satisfied with FrontPoint's service and like the fact that our master panel communicates with FrontPoint via cell service and that we don't have to worry if a burglar were to cut our phone line.

Frontpoint response

Wow, thank you for sharing your amazing feedback with us! We think it’s awesome that you’re making great use of the interactive features. The mobile app is really a great tool to monitor your home from wherever you are.

We’re also very glad to hear that nothing took place at your home; we never want anyone to have to go through that experience. If you need any kind of assistance or questions answered, please let us know.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and most importantly, we’re glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

My entire experience with this company was excellent... The system is incredibly easy and quick to install. So far it has worked efficiently... The few times the alarm was accidentally set off, the call came in a reasonable amount of time. The staff is very cordial and comfortable to work with. Thus far, I have nothing but positive things to say about Front Point. Do I wish the monthly fee was lower, YES...but I chose this system because of the cost and ease of installation knowing the monitoring fee would be higher, so I really can't complain!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It’s awesome to hear that you have been having a great experience so far. Please let us know if you ever have any questions and we’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

The system has been excellent, performs as represented and is wireless. We really like the ability to review the status of the system on our smartphone when we are not at home.

Frontpoint response

Isn’t the smartphone app just fantastic? It’s very reassuring to be able to check on your system and home from wherever you are. Thank you for the great review and please let us know if you have any questions, we are here to help! We’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

The ordering of the product was very easy, received discounts... set up a BREEZE... I've set the alarm off on myself a few times, and get a call right away. It's been a real peace of mind to have the security being home alone.

Frontpoint response

We’re happy to hear that we can help you have peace of mind! Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for being a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

An inner motion sensor tripped the alarm while we were out of the state on a weekend. The alarm company called and first took great care to ensure I was the homeowner listed and then calmly detailed next steps. We guessed the alarm might have been ripped by an open window that has once before blown a curtain by the sensor but a recent home intrusion in the area made us concerned. The police were dispatched and the company called back to report another 2 alarms but reassuringly pointed out that it might be the police arriving on site. They kept us in the loop calmly and with all the detail we might possibly have and even called a third time to reassure us that all was well. It was handled as efficiently and calmly as I could have ever desired.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We’re sorry to hear about the event that took place, but we’re glad that everything worked out and was taken care of. If you need assistance with anything, please let us know and we’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

I have 2 exterior cameras, 2 interior cameras, and a motion detector at my home. And I have 2 exterior and 2 outdoor cameras at my mountain cabin 60 miles away. I am extremely satisfied with my systems and enjoy the peace of mind being able to visually monitor my home and cabin from anywhere in the world which I have done. If I need tech support or any question answered I get prompt and courteous support. This system is by far more superior to any other system I have used in business or home use.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! It sounds like both of your homes are very well protected. We’re glad to hear that everything is working out great for you. Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for being a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

The opposite of security is supposed to be ease of use. At least that's the dictionary definition. Our experience with FrontPoint makes that definition a non-starter. From equipment to service, FrontPoint has been a superb provider - of both security and confidence, but also ease of use.

Installation was a breeze, from the sensors to the cameras monitoring the house and newborn, even replacing one malfunctioning sensor. Monitoring and use has been exceptionally easy with every feature we'd want available online or on the phone app. The false alarm our teenager set off while we were traveling was handled cleanly and efficiently, as was the break in we experienced - with immediate police dispatch and follow-up.

You help us sleep. At home and traveling. Thanks.

Frontpoint response

You are quite welcome! We worked hard to make our system incredibly simple to use, straight from the box. When dealing with a security system, shouldn’t it be simple and safe for the owner to use?

Thank you for the great review! It is an honor to give you a sense of security, while you’re at home or away. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

Not only was the system a breeze to set up but the price is very affordable and worth the peace of mind. I also like the fact I can expand the system in the future as well as use the Alarm.com app to arm and disarm from my phone. Customer Service is also top notch.

Frontpoint response

Isn’t the mobile app just awesome? It’s so handy to be able to arm/disarm your system from the palm of your hands. Thank you for the great review and please let us know if you have any questions. We’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

The customer service was extremely helpful in setting up our needs. With recent break-ins in our area we now have peace of mind. I set this entire system up in 30 minutes. Couldn't be any easier.

Frontpoint response

You couldn’t be more correct! Our system was designed to be simple to set up and use. We are honored to be able to give you peace of mind under the current circumstances. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

FrontPoint is fantastic. Installation was a breeze and monitoring is extremely user friendly. Everything can be controlled via smartphone. Also - customer service/sales department was terrific - very helpful and no pressure.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the kind words! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with both our Security Consultants and Support Specialists; we aim to please. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

I have had FrontPoint as my security system for over four years. It comes in a box, you install yourself and it just works! The customer service has always been there to guide me through any of the features that I have questions about. The set up is easy, and the system is hard to get around.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! It’s been an honor to be able to protect for the past four years, and we look forward to many more. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

Painless from beginning to end. Great sales and technical people.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the kind words! We’re happy to hear about your satisfaction with our service. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

FrontPoint equipment, service, and support has been outstanding. Prompt calls anytime there is an alarm, great service. Technical support is very knowledgeable and responsive. Highly recommend this system.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great recommendation! We aim to please so it’s always great to hear kind words from our customers. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

I selected FrontPoint after reading so many good reviews for them. Their price was more reasonable than others and their equipment much easier to install. It took me all of about 30-50 minutes to install everything and did not need any help. Everyone else wanted to send out a technician for hours. Every representative that I have dealt with has been nothing but professional, friendly and patient with me. That sold me even more. I now live alone and feel very secure, especially at night. I have never had a problem with the system (of course, so far, thank God, I haven't needed it) but I feel safe and secure just knowing it is up and running. I would highly recommend FrontPoint to anyone.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the amazing review! Isn’t a simpler system just awesome? There’s no need to have a random person enter your home to set up your security system when there’s a really easy alternative.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we are honored to be the ones that have helped you feel more secure at home. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re happy that you have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

Great customer service. Monthly service, a little too much money for service.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! If you’d like to discuss anything with our Support Team, please feel free to contact them at 877-602-5276. We’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

I've had FrontPoint for about six months, and I'm really pleased with it. The system works really well. The ordering process was simple, and the shipping is very efficient. The online account system and mobile app are also very easy to use. I highly recommend it. The one thing I'd suggest for improvement is the "how to" information on the website. It's a bit confusing the way it's organized and some of the functions are not covered in enough detail - e.g. how to install sensors with double hung windows, how to set up a panic function. But when you call, the customer service people are very helpful. Very happy overall.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great recommendation! We’re happy to see you use our interactive monitoring features; they really are convenient and make things so much easier to use.

We appreciate the suggestion as well! We try our best to make things as simple as possible, but there are definitely some things that can be improved. Rest assured, we work hard every day to improve every aspect of our service. For now, if you need any assistance, feel free to get in touch with our Support Team and they will be more than happy to help you.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

Very happy with the service so far. I like the ability to arm and disarm from the web app as well as see past history. The setup was a breeze and made for quick and easy install. The activation was great as the representative was very helpful and very patient.

Frontpoint response

Isn’t the mobile app just awesome? It’s definitely a great way to stay connected to your system throughout the day, no matter where you are. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and let us know if you need any questions answered. We’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

I've been a FrontPoint customer now for over a year and cannot be happier with my experience. When searching for an alarm company, there are so many companies pushing why they're better. It's confusing and frankly annoying. FrontPoint doesn't just claim to be the best. Their online reputation backs it up. But to go one further, one only needs to experience the ease of setting up the system to find out it's true. Even further, my desire to add a remote panel brought me in contact with FrontPoint's customer service team who walked me through the installation with ease. This team was extremely receptive and you could tell they genuinely wanted to help you out; it was different than someone simply being told to be nice to customers. Their customer support team is genuine in their desire to help out and it's very apparent. I'd highly recommend anyone looking for a great system to give FrontPoint a call. You can't go wrong.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for the great recommendation! Our desire is to make sure that you and other customers receive the best customer service possible, so we’re glad to your appreciation. Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for being part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

It was super quick & easy using Frontline security, from ordering the equipment to installing it. And with just a quick call, it was activated. I love that it's portable too as well as the fact that it's wireless. I feel more secure that God forbid there's a break in, even if they smash the unit, it will still alarm. The only struggle I had was the credit check, I had to have someone else purchase the service for me and that was inconvenient but I would totally recommend Frontline to my friends and family.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! A fully wireless system is definitely the way to go, just as you mentioned. There are no wires to cut, and the system is incredibly easy to move. And you couldn’t be more correct! Even if someone tries to smash the unit, the “Smash and Crash” protection will send that signal out.

Again, thank you for sharing your feedback and please let us know if you have any questions. We’re happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

Every time I called they were very helpful and very fast. I had a very easy time installing and configuring the set-up. Highly recommended.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great recommendation! If you need assistance with anything, please let us know. We’re happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2013

In my experience customer service was great. Setup was easy and the quality of the product was satisfactory. We are fond of the application which allows us to arm/disarm from our phones.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We think the mobile app is pretty awesome as well. Let us know if you ever have any questions and we’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

Anytime I have needed help customer service has been friendly, helpful and prompt. Examples: billing questions, password changes or voice command questions.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! That’s what our Support Team is here for! Please let us know if you have any other questions and we’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

My wife and I installed a FrontPoint Security Interactive system about 3 months ago and are very pleased. The unit is easy to setup and use and the interactive features, like being able to check the status of the system or enable/disable the alarm from my smartphone are nice bonuses. I will definitely be recommending FrontPoint Security to anybody I know who is in the market for a security system.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! The mobile app is really a great feature, isn’t it? It’s a great feeling to know that you can check the system from the palm of your hand from wherever you are. Please let us know if you have any questions and most importantly, welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

The security system is designed specifically for your home and with the homeowner's input. The installation is very easy and straightforward. There is absolutely no need in paying someone to install a security system when you can do the same job in under an hour. Connecting and managing the system is simple. All of the areas of the system, from design, install, and connecting/managing the system is made so much easier with the help of the top notch service provided by the FrontPoint Security team! Not to mention the equipment is great quality and not as expensive as the other security systems you see advertised. No other way to go!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review and you couldn’t be more correct! Our system is incredibly simple so it’s easy to set up and move around. And like you said, our Support Team is always here if you need a hand. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

I have been FrontPoint customers for a few years now. I never worried about home security before, but now with two small children, having FrontPoint gives me peace of the peace of mind of knowing we are protected with our wireless security system. The cost is a tremendous value, and set up was a breeze. I have always had great experiences when dealing with their customer service. FrontPoint came recommended to me and I am happy to pass along the favor when I can.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We’re honored to be able to provide peace of mind for you and your family. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance, we’d be happy to help. We’re happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family and we look forward to many more years!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

We have had a wired/wireless combination ADT system in our home since 2000. But, after reading more about so many different alarm systems, we wanted to try something different for our cabin. I spent a fair bit of time researching options, features/functions, services, and even customer satisfaction with customer service. FrontPoint won hands down. Features I like--lights; ability to control thermostat; option to add on/grow our system; web access through alarm.com; ability to create a wide variety of rules; individual access codes for each user, and customer service like no other.

My initial contact with FrontPoint was positive, informative, and truly professional. That level of customer support has carried through with each/every contact I've had with them. We've had the system about 6-8 months, and I'm happy with the decision to use FrontPoint security. As soon as I can, I'll look to move our home system from ADT to FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the awesome review! It’s always encouraging to hear about customers who have done their research, and then ends up with us at FrontPoint. We’re also happy to see that you like so many of our features! There’s no better way to improve your home security than utilizing all of the tools at your disposal. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and please let us know if you have any questions. We’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

A couple times I have tripped my own system through no fault of FrontPoint and I have always received a follow up call promptly to make sure everything is okay. I really love how easy the system was to install and expand as our needs grew.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! One of the best things about our system, like you mentioned, is just how simple it is to use! Let us know if you ever have any questions and we’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

FrontPoint is easy to install and use. Love the app that allows me to control the alarm on my phone.

Frontpoint response

Isn’t the mobile app just awesome? We’re happy to hear that you love it! Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for being part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

The purchase experience was wonderful. They walked me through everything over the phone and then I received our new system in just a few days. The system was easy to install and setup because most of it was pre-activated. It was easy to show my family how to use the system as well. We feel much safer having our new security system installed and we also like the home automation features that allow us to turn lights on and off remotely as well as on a timer.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We’re glad to hear that everything was easy and simple to set up, especially because that what we strive to do! Please let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

I am satisfied with your product and services except that it would be better if you include more posting "FrontPoint alarm" signs with your package in lieu of just one! Actually can you send me 2 more signs?

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the feedback! Our Support Team would be more than happy to speak with you about getting more yard signs at 877-602-5276. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them while you’re on the phone, or just ask them here. We are happy to help! Again, thank you and we’re happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Frontpoint Company Information