3.53/5
  • 1 star
Based on 186 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 16, 2017

5758 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

The security system is designed specifically for your home and with the homeowner's input. The installation is very easy and straightforward. There is absolutely no need in paying someone to install a security system when you can do the same job in under an hour. Connecting and managing the system is simple. All of the areas of the system, from design, install, and connecting/managing the system is made so much easier with the help of the top notch service provided by the FrontPoint Security team! Not to mention the equipment is great quality and not as expensive as the other security systems you see advertised. No other way to go!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review and you couldn’t be more correct! Our system is incredibly simple so it’s easy to set up and move around. And like you said, our Support Team is always here if you need a hand. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

I have been FrontPoint customers for a few years now. I never worried about home security before, but now with two small children, having FrontPoint gives me peace of the peace of mind of knowing we are protected with our wireless security system. The cost is a tremendous value, and set up was a breeze. I have always had great experiences when dealing with their customer service. FrontPoint came recommended to me and I am happy to pass along the favor when I can.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We’re honored to be able to provide peace of mind for you and your family. Please let us know if we can be of any assistance, we’d be happy to help. We’re happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family and we look forward to many more years!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2013

We have had a wired/wireless combination ADT system in our home since 2000. But, after reading more about so many different alarm systems, we wanted to try something different for our cabin. I spent a fair bit of time researching options, features/functions, services, and even customer satisfaction with customer service. FrontPoint won hands down. Features I like--lights; ability to control thermostat; option to add on/grow our system; web access through alarm.com; ability to create a wide variety of rules; individual access codes for each user, and customer service like no other.

My initial contact with FrontPoint was positive, informative, and truly professional. That level of customer support has carried through with each/every contact I've had with them. We've had the system about 6-8 months, and I'm happy with the decision to use FrontPoint security. As soon as I can, I'll look to move our home system from ADT to FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the awesome review! It’s always encouraging to hear about customers who have done their research, and then ends up with us at FrontPoint. We’re also happy to see that you like so many of our features! There’s no better way to improve your home security than utilizing all of the tools at your disposal. Again, thank you for sharing your feedback with us and please let us know if you have any questions. We’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

A couple times I have tripped my own system through no fault of FrontPoint and I have always received a follow up call promptly to make sure everything is okay. I really love how easy the system was to install and expand as our needs grew.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! One of the best things about our system, like you mentioned, is just how simple it is to use! Let us know if you ever have any questions and we’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

FrontPoint is easy to install and use. Love the app that allows me to control the alarm on my phone.

Frontpoint response

Isn’t the mobile app just awesome? We’re happy to hear that you love it! Please let us know if you have any questions, and thank you for being part of the FrontPoint Family!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

The purchase experience was wonderful. They walked me through everything over the phone and then I received our new system in just a few days. The system was easy to install and setup because most of it was pre-activated. It was easy to show my family how to use the system as well. We feel much safer having our new security system installed and we also like the home automation features that allow us to turn lights on and off remotely as well as on a timer.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We’re glad to hear that everything was easy and simple to set up, especially because that what we strive to do! Please let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

I am satisfied with your product and services except that it would be better if you include more posting "FrontPoint alarm" signs with your package in lieu of just one! Actually can you send me 2 more signs?

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the feedback! Our Support Team would be more than happy to speak with you about getting more yard signs at 877-602-5276. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them while you’re on the phone, or just ask them here. We are happy to help! Again, thank you and we’re happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

When I first received the system I have to admit I was a little nervous about setup but a FrontPoint service rep guided me through every step and my system worked perfectly. Before I purchased the FrontPoint system, I had checked other alarm companies because I wasn't sure about installation but I now know I made the right choice. Also the app is the greatest help ever. I can ARM from my car or if I forget from work. What a convenience!!!!

Frontpoint response

Isn’t the mobile app just awesome? You’re able to arm/disarm and monitor your home from anywhere! Thank you for the great review and please let us know if you have any questions. We’re happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

I would recommend the Frontpoint Security system on several points: (1) Ease of installation. Plug it in. Make one phone call and you are set up; (2) Customer service has always been prompt and informative regarding service and options; and (3) Security is responsive without overkill. We get a call to each of our listed contacts before the local emergency is contacted.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great recommendation! It’s always amazing to see when a customer is pleased with so many aspects of our service. Please feel free to ask us any questions you may have and we’re glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

This product makes me feel safe! The alarm is up to date with technology which really sets it apart from others. Being able to arm my house from wherever I am is such a necessity! As a first time home owner I was nervous at first to live on my own but this alarm has helped to make me feel very safe!

Frontpoint response

It’s awesome to hear how safe you feel! We know it can be hard to live on your own, so we’re glad that we can provide you with that sense of security. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

Before getting FrontPoint, I researched and looked at many companies beforehand. So far FrontPoint had the best reviews and prices for what I was looking for which was for a wireless home system. I also like how they weren't complicated to work with as it was with most companies since I live in a rental house. When I spoke to a customer rep a few months back and inquiring on the system, they had actually told me there was a promotion but not until beginning of March and it was sometime towards the end of Feb when I called. I liked how they gave me the option to call back for the promotion, not hound me into buying their product right there and there.

I'm sorry I don't know what exactly the promotion was since it was awhile back but it was a good one. When I did call back and order it probably the eve of the 1st of March I got my order a few days later. Now installation - at first I was kind of reluctant in doing a self-install system, but once we got the package and saw the directions it was a cake walk. It really is that easy. Now the only negative I have to stay is if you want another window/door sensor it does cost kind of a lot for being what it is. Other than that, I'm very happy with my purchase and would definitely recommend to others.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! Our Security Consultants work hard to provide an awesome, low pressure environment. It is always a pleasure to hear about how our customers appreciate that. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

FrontPoint is great! Very knowledgeable and professional. We set off our security system by accident during the first week of service, but we quickly learned how responsive FP would be had it been a real emergency. Just that one time gave us a sense that we were really going to be taken care of. Thanks FrontPoint!

Frontpoint response

You’re quite welcome! We’re glad to hear that everything has been working smoothly for you. If you ever have any questions, please let us know. We are here to help! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and we’re happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

The system and support have been as advertised. Very pleased.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear it! Thank you for the feedback and let us know if you have any questions. Welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

My experience with FrontPoint has been excellent. When I first started looking for a home alarm system, they were really helpful in explaining all the different systems and carriers and why FrontPoint was different. The cost of equipment is less than others. The setup is so easy you can do it yourself and they have step by step guides to help you set it up yourself or you can have a professional install the system for you. The customer reps I talk to are very helpful and knowledgeable and so friendly. I have not had any issues with my system.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! It’s great to hear that you’ve had an awesome experience from beginning to end. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re happy to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

My wife and I both work in the Corrections field. With all the technology of how to look people up on the internet these days, we have concerns about people trying to find us who we deal with in that setting. FrontPoint has given us peace of mind knowing that we have that added security to help protect our family (3 girls). The customer service is great and it is very affordable.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We’re very happy and honored to hear that we have helped give you and your family peace of mind. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

FrontPoint's customer service is always above and beyond. An industry leader. It does not matter who you get, everyone is happy to help you, knowledgeable, and very courteous. I also appreciate their speed of service. When you know the answers, you are able to assist customers without delay. I truly appreciate that.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! Our Support Team works hard to make sure that you and other customers have everything sorted out as quickly as possible, so it’s awesome to read great reviews like these! Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

When I was having trouble with sensors malfunctioning, I called tech support. I was asked about my setup, and he suggested moving the controller. All fixed!

Frontpoint response

That’s what our Support Team is here for! If you ever have any other questions, please let us know. Thank you for the feedback and we’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2013

I have had nothing but great fast customer service with my service from Front Point which is a must when dealing with a security company. Everyone I have dealt with has been polite and helpful in every way they can be. Installation of products was a BREEZE!

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear it! It’s awesome to see that you enjoyed our customer service, we aim to please. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and if you need any assistance, don’t hesitate to ask. We’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

I researched through the internet all my options for a company with wireless security capabilities. FrontPoint was a leader in this area. I was concerned about the initial cost of the pricey equipment but still took the chance based on FrontPoint's guarantee. The set up took months to work out the bugs as I wanted specific actions to happen for specific occurrences. The technicians were eager to work with me as time on the phone was not an issue. Once the technician was able to fully grasp my intent and I realized more equipment was necessary a cut in costs for the additional equipment would have been helpful. I am to this day a FrontPoint customer.

Frontpoint response

And we’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family! We’re also happy to hear that you were able to get everything up and running after speaking with our Support Specialists. Thank you for your feedback and please let us know if you have any questions, we are happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

I wasn't sure if I wanted to deal with a security company advertised on the internet. I called Front Point and the rest is history. Once the system arrived, I called the consultant who was friendly and walked me through the system hookup. Never experienced any problems and know the system works. I left my front door unlock and a friend open it while I was away. Police came, Front Point called... Rest is history.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We’re happy that things are going well for you and the system. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

When I originally bought the system, there was no indication that I would have any issues with remote arming and disarming. There have been a few times that I have tried to disarm using the Alarm.com system with no success. Since acquiring the system, it has gone off a few times with no report back to Front Point. When I call in I'm told that the signal is weak, at times. Other than that the system works great.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! While we're happy to hear that you're pleased with the system overall, we want to work with you to sort out what's going on with your signal and interactive features. One of our Support Specialists will be reaching out to you shortly, or you can contact them instead at 877-602-5276, if you'd prefer. Please let us know if you have any questions and we're happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

What else can I say but "easy, reliable, service before and after the sale". From the sales associate who walked us through our home security needs with NO, Zero up sell pressure, to fast delivery of equipment that was easy to install and activate. To the activation associate that personally walked our 84 year old mother through the operation of the system and the everyday use of the system made it as easy as it comes. We will never own any other system but a FrontPoint. In the two years of having the system it has performed flawlessly and any of our questions are answered by a "human" and quickly. FrontPoint has it figured out from start to finish.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! It’s awesome to hear about your satisfaction with our service from the past two years and we look forward to protecting you and your home for many more! Our customers come first, so rest assured, our service from here on out will only get better. Please let us know if you ever have any questions and most importantly, we’re honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

Overall I am pleased with the service. However I have asked a couple of times for a better understanding of how to add a thermostat into the mix and was basically told to go to retail. Need a simpler solution. Second the wireless coverage on one of my light controllers seem really weak. It is maybe 50 feet away with minor interference and yet it does not work most of the time. Moving it close is not a good answer.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the feedback! We know one of our Support Specialists reached out to you regarding your home automation set up. We are pretty confident we can help resolve the interference your mentioned about your Light Module, so give us a call at (877) 602-5276 whenever you have a moment to talk.

Again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

The customer service representative who helped me decide what I needed was pleasant, informative and helpful. Installation was relatively easy. I called customer service to get advice on the placement of the motion sensors and information on how they work. The representative was very helpful. I love the app. It helps me keep a close eye and affords the convenience of controlling the system from the app. The website allows an extensive array of options to help me fine tune how I want the system to work, perform and notify me of important events. I appreciate the fact that if I move, I can just pack it up and take it with me. It is also easy to add to the system.

There are too many great features that I love to mention here. I would like to suggest that there be a way to control the system from the second story of a dwelling and to be able to create multiple stay mode profiles so that one could select a particular array of sensors to activate in the stay mode. I extensively researched many alarm companies and this one stood out. I have not been disappointed. Customer service is excellent and so far the product has performed flawlessly.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for such an awesome and detailed review! You touched on so many of the features of our system that we think are awesome too, such as the interactive monitoring. The mobile app and website really do offer a convenient and easy way to keep tabs on your system, don’t they?

Thank you for the suggestion as well! We’re always looking for ways to innovate and improve our system, where better to get ideas than the customers who use the system every day? Again, we appreciate the feedback you shared with us and please let us know if you have any questions. We’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

I have a FrontPoint system with the maximum count of devices. We have Doors, Motions, Garage Doors, Glass Break, Fire, and CO2 detectors. Also a couple of video cameras. The install was fairly easy, but there were some minor issues. A couple of batteries needed replacement, poor signal strength on a couple of the longer runs. Everything was worked out within a couple of weeks. We had the system for two years now and it works great. We also use the iPhone app for remote monitoring. It's really easy to use.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Glad to hear that everything was sorted out for you and your many devices. Also glad to see that you’re using the mobile app to monitor the system from the palm of your hands! It’s been an honor to have you with us for the past two years and we look forward to protecting your home for many more. Please let us know if you have any questions and thank you for being part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

Every experience with FrontPoint has been great! Had another security company, which was horrible at every turn, from rudeness to misinformation to inappropriate behavior by their 'manager'. FrontPoint is wireless, which sold me, but they have always been professional, polite and helpful.

Frontpoint response

We’re sorry to hear about your experience with another company, but we’re happy to have you with us in the FrontPoint Family! And you couldn’t be more correct, our system is entirely wireless, making it virtually impossible to defeat. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and let us know if you have any questions.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

All I can say is wow with this alarm system. I looked this alarm company up on the Better Business Bureau and was impressed with what I read. So many people had nothing to say but good things like how the customer service was, how fast the shipping was for the alarm, and how easy it was to set up the alarm. I also at the time looked at ADT alarm company but was kinda on the know with all the fees. I compared ADT with FrontPoint and could not believe the differences with the cost. FrontPoint didn't not have any hidden fees as ADT did. When I finally made the decision to go FrontPoint the customer representative made me informed about the products and the prices. I could purchase my system upfront and that was a plus for me.

FrontPoint has a great response when the alarm goes off. I'm currently an officer for the Memphis Police Department and I've never seen an alarm go off the way my system does. I truly recommend this alarm company to anyone and everyone. I'm very pleased with my fee and I love the fact that it comes directly out my account so it makes it less stressful for me to try and remember to pay. I love this company and glad I searched the web and found you guys. I give you guys all 10s across the board.

I feel safe and secure when I'm at home and also away from home. I can even add more sensors as I would like and not be hassled by the company. Everyone is always pleasant and concerned when they call about the alarm going off. I thank you guys from the bottom of my heart for having such great attitudes, systems, and hearts.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for the kind words and the amazing review! We’re extremely happy that you’re so pleased with our system and that we can help give that sense of security. It’s also great to see that you did your research before committing and finding out that we truly do not have any hidden fees! We believe in being 100% transparent for our customers; what you see is what you get with us.

Again, thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and let us know if you ever have any questions. We’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

I have had FrontPoint Security monitoring my home and office for over 3 years. In that time I have had excellent support from their staff. The equipment is superb, as is their warranty policy. Also, their general product knowledge is top of the line, with good answers to questions, without trying to sell you something that you do not require. When you call, or them, it is always a courteous, plain-spoken operator. Can't recommend them enough.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the awesome review! We’re glad to hear that you’ve been satisfied with our system for such a long period of time. Please let us know if you have any questions and most importantly, we’re honored to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family! We look forward to protecting you for many more years to come.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

This system is by far the best I've had. I get immediate response on all alarms and it is very secure. I particularly like the Mobile interface. How convenient.

Frontpoint response

We couldn’t agree more! The mobile app is an extremely convenient and awesome way to stay connected to your home no matter where you are. Thank you for the great review and please let us know if you have any questions, we will be happy to help. We’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2013

I was camping one weekend when I was called by my daughter. She told me that a front window was broken. When I got home the front window was broken along with the screen. A police report was filed, but no one was caught. I called around to different services, but went with Front Point. From the very first person I spoke to I knew I made the correct choice. All my doors and windows are now protected. I am very happy with the choice I made.

Frontpoint response

We’re sorry to hear about what happened to your home. We’re honored that you chose FrontPoint to protect your home and give you peace of mind. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and please let us know if you have any questions. We’re glad to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Frontpoint Company Information