4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 19, 2015

Installing Frontpoint Security device was very hard. I had to call back and get reinforcement, like adhesive, and even then they still keep falling off the wall. Customer Service in terms of availability and responsiveness are alright. I haven't noticed any changes as far as feeling safer since having the device. I thought about cancelling the service due to the fact that I have to pay over a thousand bucks if ever I would continue on with it. I'm thinking of not renewing since I don't want to continue it when three years is up. I chose them because they are rated number one so I thought that the experience would be fantastic but now I'm surprised that it got such high ratings because I don't really see how it’s any different than anybody else.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your satisfaction is one of our top priorities which is why we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you shortly to address all your concerns. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 19, 2015

In reading some reviews online, Frontpoint by far was the best in customer service. Setting up the device was easy, the instructions were good, and the customer service person we called was helpful and patient with us. I use the mobile app in activating and deactivating the alarm. Since we had Frontpoint, we felt more confident that our stuff is secure and safe. My wife feels a lot better now when I'm not around. I would suggest, however, that the sticky thing used to attach the device to the walls need to be changed - they are the permanent type that leave marks on your wall if you move a lot. Still, I'm recommending them!

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for the awesome recommendation and for the great suggestion! We will definitely pass it along.

Original review: June 19, 2015

I've had Frontpoint for six months now and their mobile app works well. I would recommend it.

Frontpoint response

Perfect, and don't forget that you can always call us if you ever have any questions!

Original review: June 19, 2015

We have just moved to this house and our neighbor recommended Frontpoint to us. They also showed how the system works and we're really happy with it. In the previous house where we lived, we had another home security provider which was not as sophisticated as Frontpoint. So when we moved out we just wanted something which is more current in the systems. Installing the Frontpoint device only took me five minutes. Everything was pretty clear in terms of what it does and how it needs to be done.

The only challenge I had was when I had the magnetic points on the door. They kept falling off and I didn't have any spare double-sided tape to do that so I used something else. I had a temporary measure to get the door to work and then I had a talk with one of the people at Frontpoint, and they sent me another set of double-sided tapes. And that was it. I never had to call anyone after that. It's convenient. Often times we forget we have it so opening the doors would suddenly wake up everybody else in the house, but that's what it is supposed to be for, so it's good. I have recommended Frontpoint to a couple of people to use it.

Frontpoint response

We're so happy to see you're having such an awesome experience with us! Thanks for the wonderful recommendations and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future, as we are always here and happy to help you.

Original review: June 19, 2015

Been using Frontpoint for 3 months now. It was an easy installation and based on my experience with them so far, there's nothing more that they needed to improve on.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear that your self setup was a breeze and that you are enjoying your system!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: June 19, 2015

A friend of ours had Frontpoint and told us about it. Frontpoint was simple to install for as long as you read the documents. It was straightforward. Since I go to work before my wife and that my wife often forgets to set the alarm, we mostly use the mobile app to arm our system. I think that it is a great feature. We also like that the representative we dealt with when we purchased the system was friendly and helpful on the phone.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that you are enjoying that smartphone app which really does make protecting your home easy and enjoyable too! It's an honor to have you as part of our family and ask that you please let us know if you ever have any questions or ever need anything in the future.

Original review: June 19, 2015

I had Frontpoint installed 4 months ago and it was a pretty easy installation. Their rep was helpful too and so is their customer service. Their mobile app is good and I like that I could disarm or arm from my phone and I could let people in the house if they're stopping by. Since installing Frontpoint, I feel safer and I don't think about the fear that much anymore. However, I had two occurrences in the past where I didn't fully understand how the password process would work, when it would alarm and when they will call. It was either I didn't understood or I wasn't informed thoroughly enough so that was just tricky to overcome when we thought we had something going on and we couldn't get the password right. But they corrected and we also had a motion sensor issue but the guys from Frontpoint stayed on the phone with us for 40 minutes and talked us through options so all is well. I would definitely recommend them to a friend.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to see that you have always gotten all the help you needed! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything else. We've always got your back!

Original review: June 19, 2015

I'd rather have Frontpoint install their system for me if they offered it instead of me doing it myself but it was easy to install. I only used the mobile app the other day to have it activated.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear your system was easy to setup, and please let us know if you need anything going forward.

Original review: June 19, 2015

I went with Frontpoint since their people are friendly and easy to deal with unlike ADT's agents who were rude and inconsistent. Installing the device was very simple and self-explanatory. The call and process, figure everything up and going was very pleasant. I haven’t come across anybody that wasn’t pleasant and easy to deal with. I also tried their mobile app and it’s something that every security system has nowadays and it’s a nice feature.

Frontpoint response

We are so happy to see that you are receiving excellent customer service each time you call in and that you are enjoying your system. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future!

Original review: June 19, 2015

It's been a good experience with Frontpoint. Their security device was very easy to install and their mobile app's wonderful. I use it all the time.

Frontpoint response

That mobile app is pretty fun, isnt it?

Original review: June 18, 2015

I decided to use Frontpoint over other home security providers because it was wireless and the security system that I chose was smash-proof and had the cell phone backup. I used to have ADT's Simon XT system but you had to have a cell phone attached to it and there were a couple of issues wherein I had an alarm or two and ADT didn't respond very quickly. I've had some alarms with Frontpoint and they responded and called me on the phone before I turned around. I would walk in the house without turning it off and forget it, walk up and the motion sensor would get me, and before I could get it turned off, they'd be calling. So they were very, very quick to respond and that's what I want. In the rural area that I live in, I want that to be the case. Since installing it, I feel more confident and secure. No doubt about it, I would recommend them.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the recommendation and we're thrilled to hear that you're impressed with our response times!

Original review: June 18, 2015

It's good that I am able to access and control Frontpoint on the go because I use it all the time to wake my son up. He wouldn't get out of bed with the alarm, so sometimes I set the alarm and he's up. I'd do that from Dallas and I'm a hundred miles away when I set the alarm, and it wakes him up. Also, this device is easy to install. If there's any problem I had with it, it's when the panel is not working right. Sometimes when I am not around, the panel is low. So, I got to check up the wires and I had to reset it for 30 seconds and put it back. So, that's the only drawback I have with Frontpoint. Other than that, I am happy with the experience and I'll recommend it.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to see that you are enjoying your system! You do, however, mention having a little trouble with your control panel at times. It is important to us that you are completely taken care of so we are going to have on of our Support Specialists reach out to you shortly to address this concern. Thanks so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 18, 2015

Frontpoint is much better than ADT which I previously had. Installing the security device was very easy and effortless. Now, I feel safer and more confident.

Frontpoint response

We're so happy to heat that you feel safer with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: June 18, 2015

I decided to go with Frontpoint because of all the good reviews on Angie's List. Installing the device was pretty simple. The technician or representative that helped me over the phone was very helpful. Their mobile app is also good and works fine.

Frontpoint response

Awesome, and don't forget that you can always call us if you ever need anything!

Original review: June 18, 2015

My younger son had Frontpoint Security. Then I got one as well as my older son, so now, the whole family has this system. While it took me a long time to install the security device because I'm slow and fuzzy, when it finally got installed, it worked fine. They have always been friendly and were able to answer all our questions. We haven't had any burglars around here lately. No break-ins. So were doing pretty good, and I am happy with them.

Frontpoint response

We're honored to have your entire family join our Frontpoint family! Thanks for all the recommendations and let us know if you need anything, no matter what it might be!

Original review: June 18, 2015

I haven't had any issues with Frontpoint since I had it. It's doing what I thought it would do.

Frontpoint response

"No issues" is what we like to hear! Thanks for your feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 18, 2015

99.9% of the time Frontpoint has been outstanding. The only issue I've had with them at all is a couple of times is that the android app would not open and that's how I use the security system to arm it and disarm it. It would not let me get into it. As far as the system itself, I haven't had any issues at all with it.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that you have not had any issues with your system! Thank you so much for being a part of our family and please let us know if you ever need any help with that smartphone app or ever have any questions in the future.

Original review: June 18, 2015

I heard about Frontpoint from Angie's List. Installing the system is not that hard and the mobile app is quite good as well. Highly recommended.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation!

Original review: June 18, 2015

I like that I can do the installation myself, which was fast and easy. I mainly got the device for my wife, daughter, and my older parents that live with us. I wanted to make sure that if there was a fire or if somebody broke in, there is something that we can rely on especially when I’m out on the road. The smoke alarms had went off twice from cooking, but we were happy with the fast response. I've already had one of my close friends join us into having Frontpoint as well.

Frontpoint response

Awesome! We're happy to have both you and your friends on board.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I haven't had any problems with Frontpoint. I like the service and love their people. The guy we spoke to was kind, helpful, patient and sweet and he explained every single detail. When I called them to install the system, they couldn't have been more patient and nicer in trying to help me figure out different ways. Everybody was super nice and the young man that sold it to us was terrific. I wouldn't say the product itself was five stars, but the people were.

Frontpoint response

Wow! That sounds like the kind of customer service everyone deserves. Thanks for sharing this experience with us.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I have just installed Frontpoint and I would recommend them.

Frontpoint response

Let us know if you ever need any help!

Original review: June 17, 2015

I did a Google search for the best the highest rated security system and Frontpoint Security Systems came up. Installing the security device wasn’t as user-friendly as I anticipated but it was partially due to my door frames. I have French trim on my doors so it wasn’t their alarm system, it was the fact that I had a frame so it wasn’t within an inch. Ideally those things would have a little bit further gap so I had to cut additional adjustments with my door frames. I called their customer service when I was having trouble and they were really helpful.

Frontpoint response

Glad to see you got all the help you needed and that you were able to get everything all setup! Thanks so much for sharing your story and always remember that we are just a phone call away if you ever need anything at all.

Original review: June 17, 2015

Installation is simple and easy. I used the Frontpoint mobile app once and then got locked out. But I've been too lazy to call them to get myself unlocked :))

Frontpoint response

Don't worry about it Matt, we'll have someone fix that for you right now and reach out to you to make sure you know your password!

Original review: June 17, 2015

Frontpoint Security System's devices are very easy to use and I’m happy with it.

Frontpoint response

Perfect! Thanks for your feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I've had Frontpoint for over a year now. Installing it was very easy - just plug it in, set it all up and get the door sensors on. Then further on, I just follow the routine of setting the alarm every night.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear that your self setup was a breeze! Thanks so much for your feedback and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions in the future.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I’ve had a home security provider before and Frontpoint is better. Simple installation and their team members are always very friendly and very quick to respond. I've only had one problem: one of the devices they had sent me was bad and I had to get it replaced but overall it's a great product with reasonable price.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that our Support Team was there to help you with that sensor and get a new one sent out to you! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and ask that you please let us know if you ever have any questions in the future.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I have a difficult time with the smoke alarm provided by Frontpoint. Our kitchen doesn't have a window, so everything goes into the hallway. So I put a garbage bag over it because it always goes off, and I don't always have my cell phone with the number to call.

Frontpoint response

Karen, if that smoke and heat sensor seems to be too sensitive for your needs, please give our Support Team a call at 1-877-602-5276 and they would be happy to disable it for you. If you ever need them for anything, please put this phone number in your contacts and that way you'll always have us right there!

Original review: June 17, 2015

Frontpoint is user-friendly. They just shipped us the stuff and we told them how many windows and doors we wanted to secure and they sent us a box within a few days. I could just plug in and attach the devices myself. When I had some questions, I gave them a call and they answered immediately and were very helpful.

Frontpoint response

Glad to see that you were able to get your system up and running in no time and that our Support Team was there to answer all your questions! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 16, 2015

I did a bunch or research on home security systems, and decided to go with Frontpoint because I wanted something wireless that I could take away from the house, which if I ever sold the house, be able to bring it to a new location. It was very easy setting up the system. I use their mobile app all the time, and feel very comfortable with it. It really works out well for us. I've had a good experience with Frontpoint, and feel safer with them.

Frontpoint response

That's right! You can take your system wherever you go and we even send you a free moving kit whenever you're ready to do that.

Original review: June 16, 2015

My experience with Frontpoint is okay - not bad, not great. But I'd rather have a company that I'm saying "Wow, gee whiz!" I have not been using it as much as I was with the other security system because I don't have a remote with it and it's a little bit annoying that I have to pay so much extra to get a remote. So, I don't set my alarm except at night. So, at this point, I am not getting its full service of what I need it for.

Frontpoint response

Our customer's satisfaction is a top priority here at Frontpoint which is why we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you shortly to address all your concerns. Thank you for giving us your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Frontpoint Company Information