3.53/5
  • 1 star
Based on 186 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 16, 2017

5758 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
View 3 featured reviews
Original review: June 17, 2015

Frontpoint Security System's devices are very easy to use and I’m happy with it.

Frontpoint response

Perfect! Thanks for your feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I've had Frontpoint for over a year now. Installing it was very easy - just plug it in, set it all up and get the door sensors on. Then further on, I just follow the routine of setting the alarm every night.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear that your self setup was a breeze! Thanks so much for your feedback and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions in the future.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I’ve had a home security provider before and Frontpoint is better. Simple installation and their team members are always very friendly and very quick to respond. I've only had one problem: one of the devices they had sent me was bad and I had to get it replaced but overall it's a great product with reasonable price.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that our Support Team was there to help you with that sensor and get a new one sent out to you! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and ask that you please let us know if you ever have any questions in the future.

Original review: June 17, 2015

I have a difficult time with the smoke alarm provided by Frontpoint. Our kitchen doesn't have a window, so everything goes into the hallway. So I put a garbage bag over it because it always goes off, and I don't always have my cell phone with the number to call.

Frontpoint response

Karen, if that smoke and heat sensor seems to be too sensitive for your needs, please give our Support Team a call at 1-877-602-5276 and they would be happy to disable it for you. If you ever need them for anything, please put this phone number in your contacts and that way you'll always have us right there!

Original review: June 17, 2015

Frontpoint is user-friendly. They just shipped us the stuff and we told them how many windows and doors we wanted to secure and they sent us a box within a few days. I could just plug in and attach the devices myself. When I had some questions, I gave them a call and they answered immediately and were very helpful.

Frontpoint response

Glad to see that you were able to get your system up and running in no time and that our Support Team was there to answer all your questions! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: June 16, 2015

I did a bunch or research on home security systems, and decided to go with Frontpoint because I wanted something wireless that I could take away from the house, which if I ever sold the house, be able to bring it to a new location. It was very easy setting up the system. I use their mobile app all the time, and feel very comfortable with it. It really works out well for us. I've had a good experience with Frontpoint, and feel safer with them.

Frontpoint response

That's right! You can take your system wherever you go and we even send you a free moving kit whenever you're ready to do that.

Original review: June 16, 2015

My experience with Frontpoint is okay - not bad, not great. But I'd rather have a company that I'm saying "Wow, gee whiz!" I have not been using it as much as I was with the other security system because I don't have a remote with it and it's a little bit annoying that I have to pay so much extra to get a remote. So, I don't set my alarm except at night. So, at this point, I am not getting its full service of what I need it for.

Frontpoint response

Our customer's satisfaction is a top priority here at Frontpoint which is why we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you shortly to address all your concerns. Thank you for giving us your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 16, 2015

We've been using Frontpoint as our service provider for just a few months now. It was easy, fast and convenient installing our security device. I have not had the opportunity to try the mobile app because I thought that there was an additional charge to be using that. Everybody in the service team at Frontpoint was friendly. I had an issue in the beginning where I had confirmed a certain security service and they actually set me up for a premium security service. But upon talking to them, we resolved that. Since installing our device, I feel more comfortable at home, especially at night.

The only thing I'd like to mention is when the alarm goes off, it doesn't seem very loud at all. They told me that it would be unbearable to even be around, but I don't find it to be that way...I find it to be a little bit dull. Obviously it's monitored but it would be helpful if people could hear the alarm from the outside being as loud as they say it's supposed to be. It's a little early for me to know because I haven't had it that long. Hopefully, the monitoring works. I've never gotten a call.

Frontpoint response

We promise that you are covered 24/7 now that you're a part of our family. That alarm will sound in the event of break-in, and it sounds at the legal limit of 100 decibels. If you find that this is not exactly enough, you can always call our Support Team and they would be happy to give you the model numbers of some z-wave external sirens with flashing lights- which would really scare an intruder away!

Original review: June 16, 2015

Someone who's using the service recommended it. But what made me go with them is that it doesn't need to do any wiring because everything was wireless and their price was what I wanted to pay - it also provided a pretty significant discount on my home insurance. The actual process of installing it was pretty simple. I got the box with all of the sensors and the main control unit that I had ordered. There are a bunch of instructions inside of it. I put everything up according to the instructions, called the 800 number that I had to call in order to activate the system. I spoke to a guy and we were on the phone for about 20 minutes or so, making sure that all of the different sensors were active and responding.

The mobile app has also been becoming more and more of an option that's available with all the different providers. We have tried it and it's been great. I don't use it so much, but my wife uses it a lot when I'm traveling and she's at home alone with the kids in order to see that everything is active and on, and then turns the system on and off at night.

Frontpoint response

We're so happy to hear that you were able to get everything all setup and that you're happy with your system! Thanks so much for your feedback and please don't hesitate to let us know if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: June 16, 2015

Frontpoint seemed to fit our needs, and had really good reviews nationally so we went with them. The installation was easy and straightforward. I was able to reach the technical department each time I have a question, and they were able to walk me through any areas that I had concerns with. If you forgot to arm it manually as you walk out the door, it's very easy to do it with the mobile app. It is convenient! We felt safer, lesser worries, and we like the peace of mind it provides in making sure that our home is protected.

Frontpoint response

"Peace of mind" is what we like to hear! Thank you for your feedback.

Original review: June 16, 2015

I found out about Frontpoint from a discounted program at work. Installing the security device was pretty easy. I have used the mobile app and it’s nice to be able to control and access your system on the go.

Frontpoint response

We agree, that mobile app makes life so much easier!

Original review: June 16, 2015

So far we're happy with Frontpoint. Would recommend them.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to have you on board too!

Original review: June 16, 2015

I found out about Frontpoint from a friend. It was very easy installing the security device. Since installing it, I feel more secure when I'm not home. I have tried their mobile app and it's really convenient. It allows me to access and control the system on the go and it's the only way that I’m using it. Also, their people were really friendly and helpful.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to see that you are feeling safer with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: June 16, 2015

We found out about Frontpoint through internet research. Everything has gone very well so far. We would definitely recommend them.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the recommendation!

Original review: June 15, 2015

Frontpoint is simpler to operate. I like the fact that I can take the system with me as I move. Installing the device went relatively smooth. The representatives stayed on the line as I tested the equipment and it took about twenty minutes to set up. It was an easy process.

Frontpoint response

Great! We're glad to hear that your system setup went so smoothly.

Original review: June 15, 2015

We have had Frontpoint since September last year and it is easy to install it as long as you follow the instructions provided. The mobile app is handy when I leave the house and if I forgot to arm the alarm, I can do it from my phone. I had dealt with the customer service people several times already because I had issues with my motion sensor going off and sending the police here while nothing was really happening. We definitely feel safer now since there is also a sign in the front yard saying that the house is protected.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear that when you had a concern our Support Team was right there to help you. You are part of our family now and you can expected to be treated right every time you need something!

Original review: June 15, 2015

Installing the Frontpoint security device was very simple and easy. I also use the mobile app and I like that you can access and control your system on the go. It's gone through at least one modification. The initial one we had was very flaky and the one that we have now is much better, easier to use, makes more sense and it's more intuitive.

Frontpoint response

Glad to see you are enjoying your system and loving that smartphone app! Thanks for the feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 15, 2015

So far so good. I didn't have any real problem installing it. I have tried using the mobile app and didn’t have much trouble with that either.

Frontpoint response

Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever have any questions in the future.

Original review: June 15, 2015

We had a home security before and so far, it was night and day in comparison to Frontpoint. It's only been a few months but there's a big difference and I like Frontpoint a lot better. Installing their device wasn't hard to do at all. The only issue was one of the sensors failed, so they sent us a new one right away and the way our doors were, we had to get larger stickers. But other than that, it was pretty easy. We also tried their mobile app and we like that we can have access and control our system on the go. Yesterday, I forgot to set it but it sent me a reminder that I have not set it. With our old home security, we used to get off alarms all the time when it storms but we don't get those with Frontpoint now so that's the big difference.

Frontpoint response

We're so happy to hear that you are loving your system and all those interactive features which really do make protecting your home easy and enjoyable too! Thank you so much for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Original review: June 15, 2015

I chose Frontpoint because it is cellular. I feel a lot more confident having it. I use the mobile app and I love that I am able to access and control the system on the go.

Frontpoint response

Cellular signaling is the safest option out there and it sounds like that is what gives you the peace of mind you deserve! Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and let us know if you need anything going forward.

Original review: June 15, 2015

I researched different home security programs, read a lot of reviews, and Frontpoint was at or near the top of most-loved. Installation is quick, easy and straightforward. I phoned once when I had a question on the installation procedure and it went well. I'm recommending Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for the wonderful recommendation and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future!

Original review: June 15, 2015

Security device installation was easy to do and self-explanatory. Their mobile app is helpful. I like Frontpoint more than I like ADT.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear you're enjoying your Frontpoint system! Thanks so much for the feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 15, 2015

I like Frontpoint. The instructions on how to install it was easy to follow. We put the device on at night or when we are going out for some extended stay, and it works. It is good and I would recommend it.

Frontpoint response

Glad to see you are enjoying your system! Thanks so much for your feedback and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions.

Original review: June 15, 2015

Frontpoint is good, and I'm happy with what I have so I'm recommending it.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the wonderful recommendation!

Original review: June 15, 2015

Compared to the previous home security provider I had, I like Frontpoint better because of its value for money. I like all the features that it has. At first I was hesitant in installing it by myself, but it turned out to be an easy process. I love the mobile app and I use it all the time. Since I'm all by myself at home, I feel more at ease and secure with Frontpoint. I would recommend them.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to hear that you feel safer with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: June 14, 2015

I had a pleasurable experience with Frontpoint. They were nice and everything was smooth and informative.

Frontpoint response

Awesome! Stay safe and always remember that we are just a phone call away if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 14, 2015

When I checked out what the number one-selling, most popular security device out there, Frontpoint popped up as highest-rated. True enough, my experience with Frontpoint has been good so far. Installing the security device was not difficult - it's not perfect, but it's convenient. The whole cellular feature sold me on it too. That was hard to beat.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear that our cellular technology is perfect for all your security needs!

Original review: June 14, 2015

A friend recommended that we use Frontpoint as our home security service provider, and we have been with them for about a year now. It was very easy installing the device, and we had to call in the beginning for some small issues, but everything was very pleasant, and fine. They also have a mobile app that my girlfriend uses more than I do, and I haven't heard any complaints from her about it. There's always peace of mind knowing that we have an alarm system, and we would recommend Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to hear that you are enjoying your system and that it is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything, as we are always here and happy to help you.

Original review: June 14, 2015

I like that I didn't have to spend for its installation and that I can do it myself. The Frontpoint people whom I called up helped me understand the installation procedure, and I managed to do it without any problem. It was easy! My fiance, however, finds the monthly charges expensive. Nevertheless, we are happy with Frontpoint and I would recommend it.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear you were able to get your system all setup with no problems! Thanks for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 14, 2015

Frontpoint is great. We didn't encounter any issues installing the device. We use the mobile app everyday; after all, it is one of the reasons why we got Frontpoint in the first place. I asked the customer service additional stickers for our windows. They sent it in the mail and didn't even charge me for it. I would definitely recommend it to other people.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for the wonderful recommendation and please let us know if there is anything else we can ever do for you in the future!

Frontpoint Company Information