4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 13, 2015

I've had Frontpoint now for about 5 months and installing the service was simple. The mobile app is all I use. Being able to access and control my system on the go is great, being on the road and driving away. When I forget to disarm it when I get home, the service team calls me, I haven't had to call them. And they are always nice whenever I call them and are able to answer my questions. From where I live I'm more concerned about the wild game than I am about the people. I haven't had them long enough but I'm pretty happy with it.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that you are enjoying your system and getting a lot of use out of that smartphone app! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please let us know if you ever have any questions or ever need anything going forward.

Original review: June 13, 2015

We went with Frontpoint because they were 100% cellular. It's great and easy to install. We're happy with it.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear that our cellular technology is perfect for all your security needs!

Original review: June 13, 2015

I’m very proud of Frontpoint. I have two security systems from them. It was pretty easy to install. I like it and it works out. Their people are on every time. Since having them, we had a burglar two times and we caught them because of Frontpoint. I want to put a wireless camera in my house. We have an old 1880 stone house. So I do not like to tear a hole through the wall. So I'm trying to seek a more efficient wireless camera but it’s pretty expensive.

Frontpoint response

We are sorry to hear about those break ins though we are so happy to see that your systems worked exactly how you needed them to and that the burglars were caught! Thank you so much for sharing your story and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Original review: June 13, 2015

We absolutely love Frontpoint. My husband did all the installation himself. We were very pleased that we could take our system with us when we move. We also tried their mobile app and use it all the time. The first time we used it we already knew how we use our center system when we're coming and going from the house.

One time I was very paranoid and I was sure that somebody was in my house cause I left my garage door open and there was some question on how the alarm system had set the alarm but showed that the door was closed after the alarm had been set. And so I called them freaking out, and they assured me that sometimes the centers will fire if they're fired the same time. As you're setting the alarm they will show opposite. And every time I called they have been great, someone's always available to talk if I had any questions about the system. Now I feel safer coming and going especially when my husband's deployed. I have peace of mind.

Frontpoint response

We are so happy to hear that you are feeling safer with your Frontpoint system and that our Support Team has been there to help you each time you have called in! It's an honor to have you as part of our family and ask that you please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Original review: June 13, 2015

Frontpoint has been my service provider for four months. In installing the security device, the windows were easy to install, but the camera was not. It turned out to be fairly expensive to install the camera because I had to drill a hole from the outside in to get it working and I live in a brick house. I love the mobile app and I like the Keyfob. But the camera? Although I can see the picture perfectly, it either saves everything or saves nothing. And even when it saves everything, it doesn't get triggered when a delivery person comes in or every time I walk in the house. It gets triggered when the light changes outside and when I play with the sensitivity.

I've played with everything and can't seem to get it to work. Every time I call Frontpoint to have them walk me through it, I'm on the phone with them for over an hour. This is getting a little ridiculous because I'm paying for a service and it's not there. They don't do any in-home services, so even if I had wanted them to install it for me, they don't provide that service.

Frontpoint response

Melinda, the experience you are describing is far from our goal of providing you with excellent customer service 100% of the time. We are looking into your account interactions and the current setup of your cameras. One of our Support Supervisors will be giving you a call shortly to better understand what we can do to make this right. Thank you for the feedback!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: June 13, 2015

After researching about Frontpoint online, I switched my home security service to them from a local provider, and so far the service has been the same. I had a tech call from Frontpoint and it was good, they were knowledgeable. Overall, my experience has been pleasant.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to have you as part of our family! Please let us know if we can do anything for you.

Original review: June 13, 2015

I feel a little bit more secure since installing it last February. Had a little rough time installing it at first, a couple of pieces of equipment were defective, but they sent out replacements and everyone in customer service has been great.

Frontpoint response

Glad to see you got all the help you needed and that you are feeling safer with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: June 13, 2015

My friend has the Frontpoint system and he suggested I get it. My son helped me with the installation, and it was pretty easy. I liked that it's wireless. He also downloaded the mobile app on my phone and my ipad and he showed me how they renamed everything for me, and how to use it. Pretty user-friendly. I feel more secure since I'm usually alone, so I like to know when I'm coming home from work that everything is safe and sound. I'd recommend it.

Frontpoint response

We're so glad to hear that you feel safer with your Frontpoint system! Thanks so much for the great recommendation and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 13, 2015

Frontpoint ships you the parts and then they listed instructions on how to install it. Then they have a phone line to help you install it. The phone call was needed to help install it and they were fairly helpful. But we had one of the parts that they send defective and we told them. They sent us a new one and we returned the old one in the shipping box that they have sent us. So that was fairly simple to replace then. I'm satisfied with the service. I feel more secure and have fewer worries when I use the alarm system.

Frontpoint response

Fewer worries is what we like to hear!

Original review: June 12, 2015

We’ve done the installation ourselves. My son did it. It was pretty easy. We had to call them one time and the people there were nice.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear that you had an easy installation and that we were right there to help you when you needed us!

Original review: June 12, 2015

It was because of the price at that time that made me chose Frontpoint. The person who set up the system for me was friendly and informative, and was able to answer all my questions. The app is a good feature.

Frontpoint response

Glad to see you got yourself a great deal and you're really enjoying that app!

Original review: June 12, 2015

I've had Frontpoint since the beginning of the year. Installing it was pretty painless. My doors are recessed so my sensors didn’t line up really well but a quick call to customer service and they overnighted my stuff right away. I use the mobile app all the time and it's wonderful. Frontpoint is pleasant and has good support.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that your system was easy to setup and that you are loving that smartphone app! Stay safe and let us know if you ever need anything. We've always got your back!

Original review: June 12, 2015

I picked Frontpoint because of two things. I can pick ala carte and get exactly what I wanted. I didn't have to take a mammoth package from the security company and have lightweight and very simple things. I like that about them. Second is I like that I could get everything set up myself and that I didn't have to wait for a tech to come to my house and lose time from work. Those were both very appealing for me as a consumer. Moreover, the price was what I expected. I like the mobile app. I've used it for those times when I've driven away from my house and I'm like, "Oh, did I ever set the alarm?" Then I can check and see if it is set or not and set it if I'm even not there. Other people might want more services, but if you're more on the DIY and that you just want something simple, I'd recommend Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Being able to customize your system is a must, and we understand that. You should never have to pay for something you don't need and we will make sure of it! Thank you for the feedback.

Original review: June 12, 2015

I had an excellent experience installing my Frontpoint security device. I like that I am able to access and control the system on the go via their mobile app. Their people are also friendly and helpful. When I didn't understand something, they're able to help and they did an excellent job.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to see you're having such an awesome experience with us! Thanks for sharing your experience and please let us know if we can ever do anything for you.

Original review: June 12, 2015

Price was a primary consideration in deciding to use Frontpoint and I like some of their features better than the other security provider I've had before. Installation was very easy and I like being able to access and control the system on the go. Plus Frontpoint team have been very responsive.

Frontpoint response

We completely understand that price is a large consideration when purchasing a security system! This is why we always have your back and keep your budget in mind too.

Original review: June 12, 2015

Frontpoint has been great. Compared to my previous home security provider, Frontpoint is much better.

Frontpoint response

Glad you find us to be better than your previous home security provider! Thanks for your feedback and please let us know if you ever have any questions or ever need anything.

Original review: June 12, 2015

I saw the value of Frontpoint's services and installing it was easy. The experience with them is as advertised.

Glad to hear it!

Original review: June 12, 2015

I had Southern Security for a long time and it really wasn't doing very much. I wanted to have a more up-to-date system and found Frontpoint. Installation was no problem. I even got help whenever I needed it. Using the mobile app is very easy, too. Overall, Frontpoint has been very good. I’ve had it just about a year now and I’m very happy with it.

Frontpoint response

It's great to see that you got all the help you needed and that you are enjoying your system! Stay safe and let us know if you ever need anything else.

Original review: June 12, 2015

The big old ConsumerAffairs and consumer reports button on the internet said Frontpoint is good. So I went for it. I talked to them on the phone and they've been pretty great. Being able to access the system on the go is awesome. Otherwise, I wouldn't do it. I called them and they resolved my problems and everybody was happy.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear we were able to address all the concerns you may have had, and don't hesitate to give us a call in the future if you need anything!

Original review: June 12, 2015

(1) I like the illustrations and the simplicity of the instructions. I found the instructions very clear and very concise. (2) I'm really excited about the smoke alarm feature and not having to worry that my house is being broken into while I'm out of town. I live by myself so having that peace of mind helps. (3) My boyfriend sometimes will be at my house and he doesn’t have a key but I can set the alarm using the mobile app so he can turn the key.

Frontpoint response

That mobile app is definitely easy to use and super helpful isn't it? Thanks so much for sharing your story and please let us know if you ever need anything!

Original review: June 12, 2015

I was looking for the best home security on the market right now and Frontpoint was by far the leader as far as consumer ratings. We choose them because of the mobile option since it enables me to arm and disarm my house from my phone. I would also get automated messages telling me when the door is open or when they're left open. I can set reminders. I liked the whole automation part, it being wireless, and the ability to take the devices with me anywhere - there's no installation - it's super convenient. I love the fact that it asks me to put in my password and my fingerprint every time I log in. It tells me everything. It also hasn't had a glitch, I've never had issues arming or disarming the house. It's perfect and I love it! I've already recommended to some of my friends.

Frontpoint response

We know getting "perfect" is hard to come by, so trust us when we say you've got us blushing over here!

Original review: June 12, 2015

It's been ten months since I bought the device. It's pretty good. I even recommended it to my neighbor. It was very easy to install, very user-friendly, and it gives me all the alerts and alarms. I have a garage door opener that has an app with it too. With the combination of the two I feel safe when I’m out of town.

Frontpoint response

We appreciate your recommendation and we're glad to hear that you feel safer with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: June 11, 2015

The monthly costs made us decide to use Frontpoint over other security devices. Installation was pretty easy except for where to put the motion sensors was confusing. But other than that, it was pretty straightforward. I use alarm.com for mobile app, the one that Frontline partnered with. I didn't have the best start up with Frontpoint but they're a decent security company.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for your feedback and we're here if you ever need us for anything else!

Original review: June 11, 2015

The alarm has gone off but no one called to check on it as to why it went off. When this happened to the previous one we had, the other company called us.

Frontpoint response

Our customer's satisfaction is a top priority here at Frontpoint which is why we're looking into the concern you've mentioned here. One of our Support Supervisors will be reaching out to you shortly with all the details of our findings. Thank you for giving us your feedback and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 11, 2015

My experience with Frontpoint wasn't very good. It was easy enough to install and use the device and the mobile app is convenient, but I'm not sure if we're going to use it again for our new house. The problem is that there is no way to permanently attach them to our door and windows. There's been a couple of times that it just keep falling off my windows and right on the ground. Luckily, I was home. If I hadn't been home, I would assume that that would simulate a break-in. I feel like they need to offer the adhesive replacements (for temporary stays) and also the ability to be able to put screws to make it permanent so we don't have to worry about the devices falling off.

Frontpoint response

Michael, we actually DO offer different forms of adhesive! Generally we never see problems with the current adhesive we send out to you, but in certain situations we can send out 3M tape that supports up to 300 lbs! We'll have someone reach out to you to get that sent out asap.

Original review: June 11, 2015

Frontpoint was ranked number one in my area when I researched about them online so I went with them. I've been using Frontpoint for six months now. I installed the device myself and it was easy. However, I have one problem with the sensors that keep going out. Frontpoint was on it and called me every two seconds in case somebody was trying to do something, but that was because one of the sensors was messed up. I moved the problematic sensor and it seemed to be doing fine now.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying those quick response times and that you were able to get you system working exactly how you need it to! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and always remember that we are just a phone call away if you ever need anything at all.

Original review: June 11, 2015

I'm very happy with Frontpoint's services, it's been great. Highly recommended.

Frontpoint response

We're just as happy with you as you are with us!

Original review: June 11, 2015

I am happy with Frontpoint. I found out about them online, and went with them based on online reviews, cost, and ease of installation. It was pretty simple installing the security device, and they have been helpful with the initial setup. The mobile app is pretty convenient as well.

Frontpoint response

We like to make sure you get a system that is simple to setup and it sounds like you got just that!

Original review: June 11, 2015

Frontpoint has been excellent and they are always responsive when I call. I've had no issues with them and will recommend it to my friends!

Frontpoint response

We believe you should always get excellent customer service each time you call, so we're glad to hear that has been the case for you.

Original review: June 11, 2015

Frontpoint has good ratings online, so I called them up on the phone and told them I want it. They did a good job in installing the device. Being able to access my system from my phone is good feature that Frontpoint has. I am satisfied with it.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear you're enjoying that smartphone app! It does make life easier doesn't it?

Frontpoint Company Information