4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 3, 2015

Frontpoint is very friendly, accommodating, and efficient.

Thank you!

Original review: June 3, 2015

It's easy to install and it's easy to take care of because it's all wireless. I'm really happy with it. Everything is working fine so far. I feel secure with this alarm system and I like the mobile app.

Frontpoint response

Wireless is much safer and easier- which is why we make sure our entire system is wireless! You'll always be protected and have us to back you up whenever you need us.

Original review: June 3, 2015

When we installed the Frontpoint system, it wasn't hard at all. We just had to put them on the wall and that was it. I use the Frontpoint mobile app but it's easier for me to use the remote I have with the alarm. I've had the system for 9 months and it's been good. It doesn't take long for them to call me back when it goes off.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that you were able to get everything up and running in no time and that you are enjoying your system! Thank you for sharing your experience and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Original review: June 3, 2015

Frontpoint is easier, friendlier, and nicer compared to the other security device I used. The guy we dealt with was superb. He helped us navigate some special offers and customize a solution for us. The setup installation was also good. Being able to access and control our system through the mobile app is awesome. The only negative comment I have is that every couple of months they send me an email saying that I'm late. However, they are pulling the money out on time as I'm on a direct debit out of the bank. Nevertheless, they are a good company, and I would recommend them.

Frontpoint response

It's great to see that one of our Security Consultants was able to help you create a completely customized system and that you are getting a lot of use out of that smartphone app! Thank you for being a part of our family and please let us know if you ever have any questions or ever need anything.

Original review: June 2, 2015

The installation went pretty smoothly because I was able to use everything I mostly had already in the house. Their service is pretty good compared to my previous security service provider. I keep forgetting to turn it on though, but when I do, I usually use their mobile app to turn it on. Convenience-wise, that's a lot better. Overall it works great.

Frontpoint response

We strive you give you a system that is simple to use and enjoy, which sounds like exactly what you got!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: June 2, 2015

I've used Frontpoint as my home security service for about a year. Their mobile app is is easy to use. They are call friendly, easy to install, and reps were very knowledgeable.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for sharing your awesome experience and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: June 2, 2015

I've been satisfied with the way it works. However I should have called before I started installing it. It gives instructions on how to install it but I didn't know that those little arrows had to be in the right place so I didn't get the door things lined up just like they were supposed to be. I had them upside down... If only they had told me to call to begin with I could have gotten those positioned right in the first try rather than to try to have to pry them off and remove them. However I did not see where they said to call before I started installing it...

I also got the smoke alarm and I'm not absolutely sure if it's working or not. It didn't have a light on it like most of them do. If it's supposed to, it's not working. Now if I knew for sure that my smoke alarm worked, I would be happy with it.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us! It's important to us that you are always taken care of so we are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you shortly to answer any questions you may have and make sure that everything is working exactly how you need it to. Thanks again for being a part of our family and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 2, 2015

I would recommend Frontpoint although I wish it was cheaper. Also, installation is fairly simple.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for the great recommendation!

Original review: June 2, 2015

My other service was integrated into our electrical system but I prefer the Frontpoint system. So far, the experience with them has been very good and is exactly what I wanted. It's very easy to install, operate and make changes - overall, a great system!

Frontpoint response

Awesome! We try to make sure your system is super easy to use and it sounds like you had no problems getting setup. If you ever want to change anything else or further customize your system feel free to just give us a call!

Original review: June 2, 2015

I think the customer service is much better at Frontpoint than my previous provider. Installing it was easy and I have fewer false alarms being triggered and fewer fines when I switched to Frontpoint. They've been very responsive and easy to work with.

Frontpoint response

You deserve reliable equipment coupled with those fast response times and we're so happy we could provide you with just that! Stay safe and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: June 2, 2015

I just looked up online for the best security systems and then Frontpoint popped up. When I installed the system, I talked to a guy online and he was pretty helpful.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for sharing your feedback and stay safe!

Original review: June 1, 2015

I did a search on the internet for the best, highest rated security system and it showed Frontpoint to be number one. Installation was easy and simple. I have used it since October of 2014. Their team were always good. The only time I ever had any problems and ever had to talk to anybody is when my sister-in-law came into our house one day back when we first had the system. She forgot about having an alarm system and didn't know the password. I have also tried their mobile app. It's really great and worth it. You just don't have to worry about anybody breaking in. Great experience. Highly recommended.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to see that you are loving your system and that you are enjoying that smartphone app! Thanks so much for the wonderful recommendation and always remember, we are just a phone call away if you ever need anything in the future.

Original review: June 1, 2015

Frontpoint has been very satisfactory and I'm happy with it.

We're glad to hear it!

Original review: June 1, 2015

I haven't had any problems with Frontpoint. Installing it was simple, you just peel the sticker and you stick it on. I use the mobile app to disarm my system whenever I get home. I really like that I know what time my daughter leaves the house and when she comes back from school because it sends me the notification. It also lets me know that she disarms or rearms it when she's home. So it's nice to know that my daughter's safe. It's really simple to use.

Frontpoint response

"No problems" is what we love hearing and we're so happy to see that your system is giving you the peace of mind you deserve knowing you and your family are safe! Thank you so much for sharing your experience and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything, as we are always here and happy to help you.

Original review: June 1, 2015

I had Protect America as my home security before, but I like Frontpoint better because it’s more secure and it doesn’t connect to the phone line. It was easy to install so I didn’t have any problems. Now I can just turn the device on using the mobile app on my phone if I leave the house.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear that you were able to get your system all setup and that you are getting a lot of use out of that smartphone app! Thanks for sharing your feedback with us and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 1, 2015

I'm a basic subscriber and there's not any problem with Frontpoint. Installing their device was easy. I have also tried their mobile app and I like it. Frontpoint is simple and their people are very good. I'd recommend them to a friend.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for the great recommendation and please let us know if you ever need anything!

Original review: June 1, 2015

Frontpoint has excellent service and product. It is a little overpriced, but it is worth the money. As far as monitoring goes, it's the same as my previous home security provider, but I like Frontpoint's alarm system better. Installation was quick and easy as it only took half an hour to do the whole thing. Customer service is good and helpful. They're easy to deal with. When I was installing on a Saturday, I phoned in my question and someone gave me an answer. That was impressive. I am very happy with them.

Frontpoint response

Well we're just as happy to have you on board and finally protected in the way you want to be! Let us know if you need anything else in the future, as we're more than happy to help.

Original review: May 31, 2015

Installing Frontpoint was all right. A lady talked me through it but I was actually trying to get around that because I don't like installing myself. Our previous companies installed our security devices for us. That's the only negative - I'd rather have them come out and do it. We have a large home so there was a lot of stuff to do. But other than that we do feel safer with Frontpoint, we can set the alarm while away in case we forget it and have two video cameras.

Also, they have a very good service and courteous staff. They are very helpful, informative, and prompt. For instance with the other company, when the alarm goes off they would never call. Whereas with Frontpoint, when I set the alarm off, the next thing I know was there's a cop at the door. I called my wife and said, "Hey, what's the word?" Then she gave me the right word, and I said, "Okay. They're on it." It was definitely a positive experience so far.

Frontpoint response

We're really happy to hear that you feel safer with your Frontpoint system! Thanks so much for taking the time to share your story with is and ask that you please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you.

Original review: May 31, 2015

It was easy installing Frontpoint. We've used the mobile app and it's good and handy. One night, we had forgotten that the alarm was set and my husband left the house so the alarm went off but I didn't know because when he left the house, I was in the shower. So it was going off for a really long time and the police ended up coming. Frontpoint was calling and I wasn't answering it because I don't answer numbers that I don't recognize. But then they kept calling and I was still in the bathroom so I had no idea. My husband goes out of town quite often and that's when we use the alarm. When he's gone, I set it every night before I go to bed. There's been lots of break-ins in our community and our house hasn't been hit but because of Frontpoint, I feel safer. I'd recommend Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

We're so happy to see that your system is working exactly how you need it to and that it is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve knowing you and your home are safe. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with us and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything, as we're always here and happy to help you!

Original review: May 31, 2015

We thought our previous provider were the only ones that service the area. But after doing research we found that Frontpoint was one that would could give satellite service because our previous company could only do a landline. And the landline bill kept going up and up and up, and we don't use the landline. We just use our cellphone. So there's no reason to have a landline other than security and I was looking to be able to eliminate a bill because we're retired and on a fixed income. The best thing with Frontpoint is that you just need to plug it in and you can really take it with you if you would move unlike our old provider which is wired.

I think the device is monitoring my home since I never had any reason for them to call me and it's never gone off. I just contacted them at first to ask a few questions to make sure that it was working. But I'd probably feel more comfortable if they would check back with me and do a test with me every now and then. I'm just assuming and hoping that it's working. So other than that it's been pretty harmless.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear that our cellular technology is perfect for all your security needs! You deserve to feel great about your system and so we are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you shortly to check in and make sure everything is working exactly how you need it to. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: May 31, 2015

I chose Frontpoint because of the technology that they were using. It was wireless. I could put things around my house without having a string of things everywhere. And it seemed to be expandable to me. Installation was very easy. A quick phone call to activate the system and just placing all of the various detectors around the house. The Frontpoint mobile app is also very nice and helpful. This is a house where I'm here a few days of the week and it's nice to be able to control things remotely when I'm not here. It's always been a positive experience when I call them on the phone. They're very attentive to details and to customer service. No issues and I'm very happy with them.

Frontpoint response

You're right! We don't like you having to drill holes and deal with a ton of wiring, which is why we made it so simple. We're glad to hear that your Frontpoint system has you feeling safer about your home!

Original review: May 31, 2015

I've had Frontpoint for about eight months now. It was very easy install. Calling and dealing with the staff is very easy too. I use the mobile app everyday and feel safer knowing it's turned on and that if someone breaks in, I'll hear an alarm and someone will be notified.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to hear that your feeling safer with your Frontpoint system and that you are getting a lot of use out of that smartphone app! Thanks for all your feedback and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever have any questions.

Original review: May 31, 2015

I'd recommend Frontpoint. I've been using it for five months now. I use their mobile app and I like being able to access everything through my phone.

Frontpoint response

Thanks so much for the great recommendation!

Original review: May 31, 2015

Frontpoint's cost was very fair compared to the other providers. I think the option of setting it up by myself also lowered the rate. It was nice to be walked through the installation process over the phone and to be able to do it myself as opposed to have to contract somebody to come in and do it for us. The app provides easier accessibility and you can access the system no matter where you are. It lowers anxiety and increases your illusion of control and security. I got it mainly because of my wife and it certainly reduced her anxiety or lowered her fears of a home invasion. I grew up differently so it's definitely helped her more than me. Overall they provided clear directions and the system is easy to manipulate and cost effective.

Frontpoint response

We're so happy to hear that you are loving that smartphone app and that your system is providing you and your wife with that peace of mind you deserve knowing your home is safe! Thanks for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Original review: May 30, 2015

Based on research, I chose Frontpoint since the reviews for the company seemed better. The system was very easy to install plus their reps are courteous and very nice. They are friendly to work with and made the experience very easy.

Frontpoint response

You deserve to be treated like family so we're glad to hear that you got to experience that every time you've needed us for some assistance!

Original review: May 30, 2015

Our experience with Frontpoint has been great. Installing it was easy and they were right on the phone and provided help any time I needed it. The app is also great and we use it all the time. We feel more secure with it and a lot more at peace knowing that we're gonna get notified if anything unusual happens.

Frontpoint response

We always want you to feel safe, and getting mobile updates as things happen in your home is part of that!

Original review: May 30, 2015

We were looking for a service provider that we could take anywhere with us because we're military and we travel a lot all over the country. That's how we found Frontpoint. Installing the system was easy and we've had it for almost a year now.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to hear that your self setup went well and that you are enjoying your system. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and please let us know if you ever need anything going forward!

Original review: May 30, 2015

Frontpoint had the best price package for the product. Installing it was pretty straight forward. It came in the box, I read all the instructions, hooked everything up and I called the number. Then the guy talked me through checking the box, all the sensors and everything. The whole thing just probably took me less than an hour. Everybody I talked to there has been very nice and very knowledgeable. It's nice to have a feeling of security especially if I go out of town. I know the house is kind of being watched and if something happens I'll know about it. I know the alarm works because my wife left for work one morning and forgot to disable the alarm. I had the day off and I was in the shower and didn't hear the alarm coming off and the police showed up at my door. I use the app all the time and it's pretty handy. I'm pretty happy with it.

Frontpoint response

It's great to hear that you were able to get your system all setup and that everything is working exactly how you need it to! Thanks for sharing your experience with us and always remember, we are just a phone call away if you ever need anything.

Original review: May 30, 2015

Frontpoint is my first experience at using a home security. I like their cellular technology versus landline - the ability to be able to remotely activate and see the status of my security system. The sensors and all the other stuff came marked and they were just stick-ons so it was very easy to install. As with any service, I wish it was a little cheaper, but I'm still very well satisfied. They're a good experience and I'd definitely recommend them.

Frontpoint response

We appreciate your recommendation and we're glad to hear that your self setup went so smoothly!

Original review: May 30, 2015

I've had Frontpoint since August last year and installing it wasn't too complicated. Although I shouldn't have gotten the motion sensors because I do have a dog that's over 40 pounds. I also tried their mobile app and it's cool.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear that you were able to get yourself all setup and that you are enjoying that smartphone app! Thanks so much for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Frontpoint Company Information