4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 11, 2015

Installing the Frontpoint security device was very straightforward and easy. I also use their mobile app all the time. There was a time when my daughter came home and couldn't find the code and it started ringing all over the place so she had to call customer service to figure out how to disable it and everything worked fine.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear that you got that code situation sorted out and are enjoying your system's features!

Original review: June 11, 2015

Prior to Frontpoint we had a local security provider that was old-fashioned with the wires in the wall. Frontpoint, on the other hand, is more technologically-advanced with the web-based and phone-based, and their user-friendly mobile app. Installing the system was simple and easy to do. The customer service was thorough in walking me through the process. My interactions with the team were smooth as they were helpful and resourceful. When I was needing new sticky parts on the back of the sensors, they sent out some immediately. With the security device, I have become more conscious of the security of my home. I have never used the security system at night when I'm in the house before, so it's something that I do now with my wife. I would recommend them.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the great recommendation and we're really glad to hear that we have you feeling safer than ever!

Original review: June 11, 2015

Frontpoint has been so far good since I had them 3 months ago. However, installing the device was a little frustrating though I figured it out in a few hours versus a few minutes but it was okay. I called customer service once to find out how to set my alarm for instantly going off and they were helpful. Overall, I feel better about having an alarm system.

Frontpoint response

We're sorry to hear that your setup took a little longer than you expected though we are happy to see that you are feeling safer with your Frontpoint system. Thanks so much for sharing your experience and always remember that we are just a phone call away if you ever need anything!

Original review: June 11, 2015

Frontpoint offers affordable prices, and their customer service is excellent. It took me a few tries to get everything lined up correctly but installation was relatively easy. The mobile app function works well. I feel more secure having it.

Frontpoint response

Lining up those sensors can be a little tricky at first, but we're glad to hear our Support Team was right there to help you when you needed them!

Original review: June 11, 2015

My Frontpoint experience has been easy enough. It is what it says it's going to be unlike everybody else I do business with so I'm very satisfied with them.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to see that we are living up to your expectations! Thanks for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: June 11, 2015

Frontpoint has been excellent. They followed up and were on time. I am very pleased. With their mobile app, I have set up my phone and iPad to update me whenever there is activity in the house. Being able to control over what is happening inside of the house, especially when I am outside, is something that I like. When I'm inside the house, I would use the windows and doors setting. However, I still do not have every window and door secured, so I still have some worry that not everything is completely monitored. Still, Frontpoint is great!

Frontpoint response

Melissa, depending on what equipment you have, you may not need every single door and window secured with a sensor. Certain sensors like the glass break and motion sensors help cover a much larger area with the use of only one sensor. This way you spend much less money and cover a much larger area! Please let us know if you ever do want to keep building onto your system and we would be happy to help you do that.

Original review: June 11, 2015

It was our neighbor who introduced me to Frontpoint and I feel safer ever since I had them. Their mobile app works well and customer service have always been helpful.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear that you're feeling safer with your Frontpoint system! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 11, 2015

I was looking for an alarm system online when I found Frontpoint, and I'm really pleased with them. I just have to call when I need them reset something for a couple of my doors since I had to take some of the alarms off and then readjust them. So I just call them and have them run a test and get that going again. They were very helpful, and walk me through it step by step. I'm not good with computers or technology at all and they got me through it. I would recommend them.

Frontpoint response

We understand not everyone is amazing with technology and that's ok, because that is what we are here for! Please let us know if you need any other assistance later on, because we're more than happy to help.

Original review: June 10, 2015

I've had Frontpoint for a year now and installing the device was easy from a couple of standpoints. We had a few doors that were non-standard but they were very good about shipping us some of the correct sensors versus the standard sensors so it went okay. Their alarm.com app is also very easy to use and the customer service is very responsive and always had a solution. We've been very happy with Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear your system was easy to setup and that you are happy with your system! Thanks for sharing your experience and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future.

Original review: June 10, 2015

Frontpoint has high reviews on the internet so I decided to give it a try. Customer service is great. The guy I dealt with was helpful. I might have called twice to work out a couple of things but installing it was easy. I use the mobile app daily as I find it convenient and like the sense of security it's able to provide. So far, it is a great experience, and I'm satisfied with it.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear you're enjoying your system!

Original review: June 10, 2015

Been with Frontpoint for about eight months. We had a different system prior to installing this one. The other system was older, so it was wired in and there was no app or anything for it unlike Frontpoint which has a mobile app that I like. It's nice to be able to tell what's going on at home. We had a couple accidental alarms and had to be in contact with customer service. When they call, they are always friendly and able to help out. The only concern I have with Frontpoint is that Canadian dollars are low and it's billed in American, which I didn't really think about when I put it in.

Frontpoint response

Feel free to give our Support Team a call to learn more about how Canadian customers are billed! We promise we take this into account and would never ask you to pay more than any other customer! Thanks for the feedback and let us know if you need anything going forward.

Original review: June 10, 2015

I found out about FrontPoint from the web and they were my first home security provider. Installing the security device was easy and I use their mobile app very often since it's good to access and control the system while on the go.

Frontpoint response

Well we hope that we can be the first and last alarm company you will ever work with!

Original review: June 10, 2015

My dad told me about Frontpoint and I've had them for a year now. He also helped me out in installing their security device. Frontpoint's mobile app is practical so I use it a lot. Also, it's very easy to get a hold of somebody when I have questions unlike when you call some other companies, you have to go through five different people and hit ten different numbers before you get a hold of them.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to hear that you are enjoying that mobile app and loving the service you are receiving each time you call in! Stay safe and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you.

Original review: June 10, 2015

We did have some difficulties with the installation of our Frontpoint security device. We have a wider frame around our door and it made it difficult for the sensors to meet one another so we had to do some modifications. Their team have been excellent. They have been patient with us and have worked with getting us through the problems that we had. We're satisfied with the system. We had tried their mobile app and we enjoy that we can access and control our system on the go. Our main reason for buying it was because we're snowbirds and we're gone on the wintertime. Once it's set, were not real active with it on a daily basis.

Frontpoint response

We're so happy to hear that our Support Team was there to answer all your questions and help you get your system all setup! It's also great to hear that you are enjoying that smartphone app which allows you to control your system no matter where you are. Thank you so much for being a part of our family and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you in the future!

Original review: June 10, 2015

Frontpoint is my first home security system and the experience has been good. I haven't had any break-ins. I had their mobile app for free when I first signed up. It was nice, but there was really no point in me having it. I had to be in contact with customer service just a few times when guests have opened the door without me unlocking it first and then Frontpoint calls. They have been great about calling and I like it. They have been friendly every time.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to see you're having such a great experience with us! Thanks for all your feedback and please let us know if you ever need anything, as we are always here and happy to help you.

Original review: June 10, 2015

It's very easy to install Frontpoint as they laid out the instructions very well. The online support was great and hassle-free and when I had questions, it was very easy to get the representative on the phone who helped me out and talked me through anything I needed. I use the mobile app almost everyday especially when I'm on vacation and I know that people may be coming over to walk my dog out or my friends or parents need to get into my house -- I could turn on and off the alarm at ease. Frontpoint has great customer service-- very good selling point.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the compliments! We really do try our best to support this awesome system with excellent customer service at all times and we're always glad to hear from customers that this is why they love us!

Original review: June 10, 2015

Some of our friends had Frontpoint in Fallon, Nevada when we were stationed there and told us that it was great because it's movable. We've had it for a year now. We have the camera and like the fact that we can check on our house and I like being able to control it all from my phone. Their team called us right on point when we had a door that blew open and wasn't closed right so the alarm went off. Frontpoint is convenient, fast, and there's security.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear that we could be there to help you move homes! If you ever find that you need more sensors or adhesive please just let us know.

Original review: June 10, 2015

We did the installation of Frontpoint at our mom's place. It was very easy and we didn't have any problems. We also had to call the people to get things set up and they were very friendly and helpful. It works as expected.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear that you were able to get everything all setup and that your mom's system is working exactly how you need it to! Thanks so much for sharing your experience and please give us a call if you ever need anything. We've always got your back!

Original review: June 10, 2015

I love the Frontpoint mobile app. I feel more secure in my home and especially when I'm away because I can check it with my app. But I don't know if there's something wrong with my system because there were two mornings when I forgot to turn it off and when I got up and opened the door to go get my paper, everything was fine. Next thing I knew, the police was at the house. My alarm never went off to me and Frontpoint never called me. But they called the police and they called my daughter-in-law. I've only used them since March of this year. My son and his family used them for a long time. It was my daughter-in-law who installed it for me so it was very simple. I would highly recommend them. They worked extremely well and I know that if I called them, they'd solve the problem for me.

Frontpoint response

There are only very specific times during which you could set off an alarm and the alarm not "sound"-or you aren't called. Please give our support team a call if this ever happens again, but you most likely pressed a very specific button more than one time. Thank you for this feedback and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Original review: June 10, 2015

Frontpoint's installation was pretty easy. I use the mobile app all the time and it's probably the best part of it.

Frontpoint response

We agree, that mobile app makes life so much easier!

Original review: June 10, 2015

Frontpoint is very good. When we started with it, everybody was very helpful in getting us set up. So far, we haven't had any issues.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to hear that you've been "issue-free" since your initial setup!

Original review: June 10, 2015

Installing Frontpoint was no trouble. It was self-install for the most part. I use the mobile app frequently as it is convenient. Their people are prompt and good. I have no complaints. Frontpoint gives a better sense of security for us especially at night. It is reliable, and I would recommend them.

Frontpoint response

"No complaints" is what we like to hear! Thanks so much for the great recommendation and please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you.

Original review: June 10, 2015

I've been with Frontpoint for about a year. Installation of the security device was very easy. No problem at all. I like their mobile app, it works great. I never had to call customer service for anything. In terms of feeling safer or having fewer worries the experience is pretty much the same with the other security service provider that I had previously.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear that everything is working well and you're happy with your system! Thanks for the feedback and please don't hesitate to let us know if you ever need anything in the future!

Original review: June 10, 2015

It was easy installing Frontpoint. There were a couple small questions I had but the tech support was good in answering them quickly, so I was able to get everything installed fast. There have been a lot of times that I have walked out of the house and forgot to set the alarm, so the mobile app is a nice feature to have. Overall, it has been a good experience.

Frontpoint response

You deserve that kind of service no matter what, and we're thrilled to hear that you got it each time you needed us!

Original review: June 9, 2015

The overall experience with Frontpoint has been good so far but the thing is, other companies are offering more equipment fro the same subscription fee - for example I got only two window sensors, the other company offers ten. I have at least 50 windows at home but I only have two window sensors so that's really frustrating. Frontpoint's service has been very good but for the same price, we should have something more so I will probably not go for a renewal with them.

Frontpoint response

The reason your security consultant might have not given you a bunch of sensors even though you had a large amount of windows and doors is because multiple sensors we offer cover vast areas of space, which can eliminate the need to spend extra money when you don't really need to. For example, depending on your home's layout, you may only need one motion sensor instead of five door and window sensors!

We care about you and your wallet so we always try to have your back. Let us know if you ever want to build onto your current system and we would be happy to explain all the current customer deals we offer!

Original review: June 9, 2015

Installing it was harder than they said. Since our windows are vertical and they crank out rather than lift up, we had to figure out a way to keep the sensors close enough for them to work. I like that they have a mobile app in place. My interaction with the people at Frontpoint is all good. Overall, my experience with is great. It makes me feel more secure.

Frontpoint response

We're sorry to hear that your setup took a little longer than expected though we're glad to see that you were able to get everything up and running and that you are enjoying your system. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story with us and please let us know if you ever have any questions or ever need anything in the future!

Original review: June 9, 2015

I'm disappointed with getting locks I want to put on the front door. There is nothing compatible. Also, the battery would go dead all the time then it would go out at an inconvenient time and scare the neighborhood to death. But overall the security system has done well - I like the console and the different features in it. Their security system seems to be the best out there and so far I've enjoyed my experience with them. The young lady I was talking to when I was installing the device walked me through every single step. It was awesome.

Frontpoint response

We apologize if your alarm scared your neighborhood, and that is never our intention! We do work with multiple z-wave locks and our Support Team can give you a list of model numbers we do support if you ever want to try installing one again some day. You can get all of them at your local home depot or amazon.com. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us!

Original review: June 9, 2015

There's nothing difficult with Frontpoint. Better than acceptable. We use the mobile app a lot and it works pretty good.

Frontpoint response

We love hearing "nothing is difficult"!

Original review: June 9, 2015

Frontpoint is easy to use or to get going up and running. I recommend them.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear about your fast setup, and let us know if you ever want to build onto your system in the future!

Original review: June 9, 2015

The rent on my daughter's apartment went up by $300 or $400. I told her, "No, we're not going to pay that. I'll just buy you a house". So we're in the process now of finding her a home. I was looking in the yellow pages and it was a toss-up between Frontpoint and others and I picked Frontpoint. Compared with others, Frontpoint is a lot better and probably cheaper. I got a system for my house and I ordered one for her house. They have good equipment and it is better than the old security system I had. Installing the security devices wasn't difficult at all. The people at Frontpoint were very nice. Every time I talked to them, they've been very helpful and I have no problem with them.

Frontpoint response

We're so happy to hear that you and your daughter are enjoying your Frontpoint systems and that you are receiving excellent customer service each time you call in! It truly is an honor to have you both as part of our family and ask that you please let us know if there is anything we can ever do for you going forward, as we are always here and happy to help you.

Frontpoint Company Information