4.12/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Frontpoint

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Frontpoint does home security differently. By offering complete protection coupled with truly genuine and helpful service, Frontpoint gives customers everything they need and nothing they don’t. All Frontpoint customers get a personalized security solution designed to not only make them feel safe, but feel good, as well.

Every Frontpoint system comes with 100% wireless equipment and 100% cellular monitoring, for no extra charge. Cellular monitoring means a more reliable connection between the home and monitoring center, and wireless means no lines for burglars to cut. Frontpoint also works with you to ensure that every system is customized to fit every customer’s unique home and lifestyle needs. Frontpoint systems are also refreshingly simple, allowing for customers to set up, move or expand systems on their own, at any time.

In addition to intrusion, all Frontpoint monitoring plans include protection against fire, flood, freeze, carbon monoxide and medical emergencies. Also, advanced technology such as remote online access, free mobile apps keep customers in touch and in control at all times, no matter where they are. When consumers compare Frontpoint to the competition, it’s easy to see just what makes them stand out.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 22, 2017

5751 Frontpoint Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: June 9, 2015

Frontpoint is a good system. I like it better than my previous system. Installation was pretty good but they have some practical jokers with their customer service. But other than that, I would recommend them.

Frontpoint response

We will make sure to check out those "practical jokers" you're mentioning! We like to be funny, but we know that can only go so far before it becomes too much. Thanks for the heads up!

Original review: June 9, 2015

I like that I can set up the device myself. It's a very easy system to use. And I'm enjoying the mobile app which allows me to access my system even when I'm not at home.

Frontpoint response

That mobile app is definitely easy to use and super helpful isn't it?

Original review: June 9, 2015

I use Frontpoint in my new business. I chose them over others because it was super simple. They asked me how many doors I have and how many motion sensors I need for my areas and then they come pre-programmed. All I have to do is peel the two sides of tape off the back and stick them up where they tell me to, and then they program on them from where they are. They test them all and make sure they're all working. When we're done, my employees and I both have the app on our smartphone and then we can actually go through a name on the sensor where we put them so we'll know exactly where it is. Like for instance, we're a pawn shop so we have them labeled 'pawn room' and 'cargo door' and 'freight door' and 'front entry.' So if any of those sensors activate we know exactly which one it is.

We've never had a security issue but we've got them on the phone if I have a question or ask them how to do something. They were excellent. One time, I called in because we added a semi-trailer as part of our on-site storage facility and we needed to put windows and doors and motion sensors in it. So I needed to order additional equipment and then get hooked up to our system and it was super simple. I have no complaints at all. I've been very pleased with their service and with their product.

Frontpoint response

It sounds like you're properly protecting your store, and we have been able to meet all your needs as things change. We're honored to help you grow and keep your peace of mind!

Original review: June 9, 2015

I haven't used Frontpoint in four months already. I would like to cancel it, but I'm locked into a contract. In installing it, all the little stickies that they gave to stick on the device fell down. When I tried to report it, they gave me the runaround. I don't like Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is important to us that you are always taken care of which is why we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you shortly to address all your concerns. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 9, 2015

The product works great and the customer service is outstanding. If I call them, they get to me on the phone right away. If I need help, they walk me through everything. They're great, I have recommended them to people. Very positive overall experience with Frontpoint.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for all the great recommendations!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: June 9, 2015

I purchased the same system for my father. Installation is unbelievably easy. I probably had it up and running in about ten minutes. I worked with them over the phone and they were very good. I'd recommend Frontpoint. It's easy, reliable and saved me money the first week I had it installed.

Frontpoint response

Ten minutes? That's great! We're glad to hear that you were able to get setup so quickly.

Original review: June 9, 2015

I've used Frontpoint for our business for approximately one year. Frontpoint, we feel, is better that the other security device we had before. Now I am more confident leaving my business unattended. Plus it was easy to install and anything we couldn't figure out on our own was solved for us with a phone call.

Frontpoint response

We understand that when things don't always work out perfectly you need to call us for some help. What is most important is how quickly we address your concerns and how you are treated during that process. We're thrilled to hear about your positive interactions with us!

Original review: June 9, 2015

Frontpoint is competitive price-wise and they offered enough equipment to cover all my doors and stuff. They also have excellent customer service. Installing it was easy but I took my time so it took longer than was suggested that it needs to take as I was trying to do it correctly. I use their mobile app on occasion and it seems that it works - that's a nice perk when I need it. I haven't had any problems, it's good. We do feel more secure, we turn it on every time we're out of the house and my city had a crime issue for a small town so it makes us feel better about that. They're the best out of the ones that I checked out.

Frontpoint response

We're so happy to hear that you're feeling safer with your Frontpoint system! Thank you for sharing your experience and always remember, we are just a phone call away if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 9, 2015

Chose Frontpoint over other security services due to its good rating and customer service. Installation of the device was very simple. It took me probably a matter of 15 minutes to install it and I like the mobile app. I had to call Frontpoint when I first got started, I wasn't sure on a couple of things and they were very knowledgeable. I had some problems but they walked me through everything I needed to do. And since having the security device I feel safer. No worries.

Frontpoint response

Wow, 15 minutes! We love hearing the sound of that, and trust us when we say we really try to keep your self setup as simple as possible. Glad to hear we were able to do that for you.

Original review: June 8, 2015

I was referred to Frontpoint by my husband's cousin. Frontpoint is easy to install, but living in an older house with doors not perfectly leveled, I had a hard time with the magnets connecting. Everything has to be measured right. I'd still recommend them though.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the recommendation!

Original review: June 8, 2015

I chose Frontpoint because of their online rating and ability to remotely access everything. The mobile app was the main reason I got it and I enjoy it a lot. Installation went fairly easy. I had a sensor that didn't work and issues with the camera working intermittently but they've always been good with shipping something out right away and getting it over here. Service wise, they're excellent.

Frontpoint response

"Excellent" is what we like to hear! Let us know if you ever need more help with those sensors or cameras- because we always promise to work until you're 100% satisfied.

Original review: June 8, 2015

Installing the Frontpoint security device was easy. I managed to do it in an afternoon by myself. One of my favorite features is that I can access and control my system on the go with the mobile app. Their people have been extremely easy to work with, really friendly. It's one of the better customer experiences I've had with any company I've worked with. Frontline works well for us because my husband gets home late at night. It's allows me to know that he gets home safe, what time he gets home and what time he leaves for work. When maintenance people come by, it is nice to know when they come and when they go. I highly recommend them!

Frontpoint response

It's so great to hear that you are enjoying your system and that it is providing you with the peace of mind you deserve! Thank you so much for the wonderful recommendation and please don't hesitate to give us a call if you ever need anything at all.

Original review: June 8, 2015

A neighbor recommended Frontpoint. It was very easy to install. We also use their mobile app which I think is very convenient. Frontpoint is very efficient. I recommended them to my friends who have also signed up.

Frontpoint response

Tell your neighbor we said thank you! We love having you as an addition to our family.

Original review: June 8, 2015

Installation was good and not too difficult. Everything seemed to be easy to put up. The only criticism was one or two of the items didn't have all of the little stickies on it. But I just let Frontpoint know and they sent them right away. I also like the mobile app. It makes me feel a little more secure that I can view and monitor it.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear we quickly sent you out some more adhesive and you found that mobile app to be super helpful!

Original review: June 8, 2015

Installing our Frontpoint device was simple and straightforward. Also, the mobile app is very convenient. Overall it's been very good.

Frontpoint response

That mobile app definitely makes life a lot easier doesn't it?

Original review: June 8, 2015

I have been using Frontpoint for about a year now, and I haven't had any issues with it. I use their mobile app exclusively, and it works pretty well. It keeps me informed, so I know what's going on at the house. It works as advertised and I am happy with it.

Frontpoint response

We're happy to provide you with exactly the security you were promised! Feel free to let us know if you need anything in the future.

Original review: June 8, 2015

Installation was okay. The sensors do the job although I wish I got a few more. They said they were giving them to me for free but after I got the unit, I'm actually going to pay for them now. Before I ordered it, I could have gotten as many sensors as I needed for free and then they convinced me not to get that many sensors. But then I figured I needed them now after I bought it. I don't know how many dollars it is for a sensor but now I got to pay for them. And I haven't gotten the new sensors yet.

Frontpoint response

It's one of our top priorities to make sure you are always taken care of so we are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you shortly to talk to you about those additional sensors and make sure you get everything you need. Thanks for sharing your experience and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 8, 2015

Everything was easy to set up with Frontpoint and the folks at Customer Service walked me through the programming. One of the sensors was bad. There were no problems when I returned it and they sent me another one right back out, and everything was set up within a day. I'm pleased with it as far as the capability and a lot happier with it than I was with the previous system that we had. Where we live, weather disturbances sometimes knock the system out but with this, I haven't had those issues at all so I feel safer.

Frontpoint response

We're really happy to hear that you're feeling much safer with your Frontpoint system! We aim to please and it sounds like we did just that for you. Please let us know if you have any questions or need anything in the future.

Original review: June 8, 2015

I have Frontpoint for maybe a year now. The device was pretty easy to install. The app is not bad, though it doesn't really work for us as we expected it to but I can get around it. Sometimes when I send the information to it, it can't verify that that command was sent. As for customer service, I called two times and it's one of the best customer service I've received.

Frontpoint response

You deserve excellent customer service and we are happy to give you just that! Stay safe and please let us know if you ever need anything.

Original review: June 8, 2015

Frontpoint was easy to install, I installed it myself. I've had it for 11 months and I feel safer, knowing when the door opens it beeps. Even when the alarm's not activated I also feel safer.

Frontpoint response

We're glad to hear you're feeling much safer now!

Original review: June 8, 2015

I've had Frontpoint since January and have their mobile app on my cellphone and it's very handy. I called their customer service about a device and they sent me a brand new device within a couple of days and it worked great. Ever since we had Frontpoint installed, my wife feels a lot more secure when I'm gone since I travel a lot.

Frontpoint response

It's so great to hear that you and your wife are feeling safer with your Frontpoint system!

Original review: June 7, 2015

We feel safer having Frontpoint. It's great being able to access our home security through the mobile app. We love it.

Frontpoint response

Glad to see you're enjoying that smartphone app! It does make things easier doesn't it?

Original review: June 7, 2015

When I began service with Frontpoint, I made the attempt to hook up the notices onto my cellphone but I couldn't for some reason. I followed the links online on my email but I was never able to do that. It would be nice if somebody emailed me how to make it work so that I can try to fix it. Other than that, everything else was good and the process of installing it was very easy.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! You mention having some trouble with those notifications so we are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you shortly to help you. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 7, 2015

I was doing a search for security and found Frontpoint. It's easy to install. I use the mobile app every day. Since installing it we enjoy it very much, it's great and we're very happy.

Frontpoint response

That mobile app is easy to use isn't it? Glad you like it too!

Original review: June 7, 2015

When I got the service from Frontpoint, I was told that it would work with my Nest products and it is not working with my Nest products which means that I have a service that won't tell me if I have a fire in my house and that was the whole point of getting it because I'm rarely in my house. So I'm paying for something that is not even useful to me at this point. I asked about the specific Nest product and I was told when I ordered it that it would work. It was a compatible product. I called back and I was told "no". I was told "wrong, that does not work". So we're still going back and forth with this bill and things like that. I would not recommend it.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for bringing this experience to our attention. We do not take our customer's dissatisfaction lightly. Therefore we are going to have one of our Support Supervisors reach out to you shortly to address all your concerns and make sure you are completely taken care of. Thank you again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 7, 2015

Learning about it, ordering, getting, and installing the product was great. I went with them because of it seem that their good customer service would be good and they have indeed been great so far. I love their mobile app as well. The functionality of the whole system has been cool. It works pretty well.

Frontpoint response

We try our best to make sure you're always taken care of and it's great to see we did that!

Original review: June 7, 2015

I've had Frontpoint for a year now and so far it's been great. Their mobile app is very helpful and their customer service reps are very friendly and answered all my questions.

Frontpoint response

Glad to see that our Support Team has been there to answer all your questions! Stay safe and please let us know if you ever have any other questions going forward.

Original review: June 7, 2015

I use the Frontpoint mobile app all the time and that was the main reason I wanted to get it. I started researching other options and Frontpoint was what we ended up using and it's been good. We haven't had any issue. It's nice to have it, and I have it in both my home and my business.

Frontpoint response

Glad to hear we are there to protect both your business and home!

Original review: June 7, 2015

I'm having a good experience with Frontpoint except for the fact that every once in a while, my phone hookup doesn't work so it presents quite a problem. Because when I go to bed at night, I bring the phone upstairs, plug it in, and set the alarm. If the phone doesn't work, I have to run downstairs and look for a keychain. I’m using the app and it just says, “Try again.” I try again and it doesn’t work. But then all of a sudden, I don’t do anything and then it’s working again. It's happened about four times. I reported it once before and someone said, "Oh, maybe you should unplug the system and then it'll fix itself." It's dangerous for me to be running down the freaking stairs. I wish that somebody would do something about it.

Frontpoint response

Thank you so much for sharing this experience with us! You deserve the best, and we know this, so we are going to have one of our Support Specialists reach out to you shortly to help you with that mobile app and make sure everything is working exactly how you need it to. Thanks again and we look forward to speaking with you soon!

Original review: June 7, 2015

I'm very proud to have Frontpoint, my son had it and he recommended it to us. It was very easy to install but because of the weather that we had here, water came in and knocked out the sensors.

Frontpoint response

We apologize for your sensors getting wet, and we want to make sure your system is working properly. We're going to have one of our Support Specialists give you a call shortly to check out your sensors and make sure you're completely taken care of!

Frontpoint Company Information