3.5/5 (71 ratings)
Call Center Open

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Frontpoint Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

We are very satisfied with FrontPoint, and love the ability to have the garage secured as well due to the mobile application of the system. It is also very convenient to let people come and go from the house without having to give codes out. We also loved the easy install, and anytime we have used customer service, it has been very good.

Frontpoint response

We couldn’t agree more, the convenience and simplicity of the system is awesome! If you ever have any questions, please let us know. Thank you for the great review and we are glad that have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I have been a customer of FrontPoint for some time now and I have to say I am extremely happy with the level of service I have received. From the self-install kit, to activation, to ongoing service has really been great. The customer service I have received on the few calls I have placed has been phenomenal. The Smartphone app that works with the equipment is invaluable and I have referred FrontPoint over and over to friends and family who are either looking for a complete security system or to just replace their current monitoring company.

Frontpoint response

Isn’t the smartphone app awesome? It’s really amazing being able to control your system from wherever you are. Also, thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and family! If you’d like to know more about our referral program, our Support Team at 877-602-5276 would be more than happy to tell you all about it. Again, thank you for the great review and we’re honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I spent quite a while evaluating home security companies and decided on Frontpoint last year. The service has been great ranging from installation to dealing with my children constantly setting the alarm off. We like the service so much we also installed in our vacation home. Would highly recommend.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great recommendation! We’re honored that you chose us to protect both of your homes. Please let us know if you any questions and we’re thrilled to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

We have had the system for almost two years now and it was extremely easy to set up. We had a break-in in our neighborhood, so I ordered the system that day and before the end of the week we had our own security system set up. The customer service has been excellent and they are always professional, as well as friendly when I have called.

Frontpoint response

We’re sorry to hear that there was a break-in so close to home, but we’re honored that you chose us to protect your home these past two years. Please contact us if you have any questions and most importantly, thank you for being part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

Customer service is really supportive and friendly (and accommodating). I like the service and the wireless aspect is great. The installation is tough. Depending on the construction details of your house, some of the sensors are tough to install. Might have been easier to set up a day when someone could come with a variety of different sensors and install them for us. But overall we are very happy!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! While we’re glad to hear you’re happy with the system, we want to make your experience as close to perfect as possible. We don’t offer professional installs because we’re not big fans of allowing random people into homes to set up something as private as a security system. However, our Support Team would be more than happy to walk you through the application of each sensor if you are still having difficulties.

Again, we appreciate your great review. Please let us know if you have any other questions and most importantly, we are thrilled to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I've had FrontPoint Security for about 5 years now and have been very impressed with: 1-2 minute call time whenever the alarm goes off; willingness and capacity to assist with hardware updates/issues/troubleshooting (aka sensors, key fabs, etc.). Technology-forward approach, embracing the forefront of security technology.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We’re glad to hear that you were impressed with so many things. You are absolutely correct when you say we embrace the future of security technology, there is no better way to protect your home than with a 100% cellular-based system. Again, thanks for the review and we're glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

Very easy to self install. Never had a problem reaching someone very quickly by phone to answer questions. Knowledgeable support staff. Security system works seamlessly.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your review! We’re happy to hear about your great experience. Please let us know if you have any questions and most importantly, we’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

Our FrontPoint package arrived very quickly after we ordered it. It was incredibly easy to install. The ease of use and peace of mind is priceless in my opinion!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We’re thrilled that we can provide that peace of mind for you. Please let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

False alarms, sensors not arming and going in and out. We don't even use it anymore but stuck in the 3-year agreement.

Frontpoint response

Jerome - We apologize for the experience you detailed in your review, as that sounds about as far from the alarm and customer service experience that we pride ourselves in providing each and every member of the FrontPoint Family. We know you have begun the process of getting your system taken care of with Alex, one of our Managers of Customer Support, and we look forward to getting your system up and running again in no time!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

We have had other security systems in the past and have had significant problems with false alarms. Also, they typically require professional installation and are fairly expensive. The house is difficult to secure since it has 7 outside doors. The FrontPoint system was reasonably priced and easy to install. More importantly, it has proved extremely reliable.

Frontpoint response

You couldn’t be more correct! The setup for our system is very simple and best of all, you don’t have to pay those expensive fees for a professional install. Thanks for the great review and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I have had FrontPoint for 8 months. The setup was amazingly easy and the support staff superb. They have patience with teaching you the system, providing recommendations and just plain excellent. I recommend them all the time to others.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the awesome review! We’re happy to hear that you’ve a good experience with our Support Specialists, who work very hard to satisfy our customers. And thank you for recommending us to your friends! If you’d like to know more about our referral program, our Support Team would be glad to let you know about it at 877-602-5276. If you have any questions, please let us know and we’re glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

Couldn't be happier with our new system!! Install was easy and the customer service was fantastic! Very friendly and helpful! When I was having problems installing some of the sensors on the windows, the customer service rep had me send him pics to his email then discussed best placement. Walked me through the whole process. He was very patient! We use our smart phones to control the system and keep tabs while we are away. Would recommend to anyone looking for an affordable system!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the awesome recommendation! We’re happy to hear that you received fantastic treatment from our Support Specialists, they work hard every day to satisfy our wonderful customers. And you couldn’t more correct about the smartphone app! It’s a great way to monitor your home from wherever you are. Again, thank you for the great review and we’re honored to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I have been with FrontPoint about a year. I had an issue with my remote panel not getting a signal from my main. It took the tech support team a few minutes to isolate the issue and fix the problem. During that time they also identified another hardware issue that needed to be resolved with my cellular card in the main panel. I was sent a new card the next day and tech support walked me through the 5 minute installation without issue. All shipping prepaid, no additional cost to me for parts or support. The team is helpful, courteous and professional all the time.

Frontpoint response

We’re extremely happy to hear that you were able to work with our great Support Team to sort things out! The team works hard to satisfy our customers so it’s always nice to hear personal success stories such as these. Please let us know if you any other questions and thank you for being a great member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

It was so easy to install and the customer service is awesome! The level of security is great for a low monthly price. I highly recommend Front Point Security!

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the great recommendation! We’re happy to hear you think our customer service is awesome! Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad that you’re a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

Customer Support is top notch. Self-installation is a breeze and expandable system is a bonus.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! Our customers are extremely important to us so we’re happy to hear you call our Support Team top notch. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions and we are glad to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

We are overall happy with the service provided after more than 4 years of usage. The system was easy to install. It is reliable and does the job as expected.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the great review! We’re honored that you’ve been with us for over four years and we look forward to protecting your home for many more. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re glad to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

Great customer service, easy to install and operate, price is reasonable. My family feels much safer knowing we have an alarm. My wife and kids walked in on a burglar. The next day I ordered the system.

Frontpoint response

We’re sorry to hear that your family had to go through that scary incident! We’re honored that you chose us to protect your home and give you that peace of mind. Please don’t hesitate to ask any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I have a FrontPoint Security system at two locations for four years. The system is extremely easy to install and very cost effective. The FrontPoint support system is excellent and I can access my system on my laptop 24/7.

Frontpoint response

Thanks for the great review! We’re honored that you’ve been with us for so long, and we look forward to protecting your home for many more years. Also, if you have smartphone, there’s an app that would give you another way to access your system 24/7. Please let us know if you have any questions and we’re thrilled to have you as a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

My wife and I have loved our system. The only pain has been that we continually get text updates that are either extremely old or not accurate. Telling me that doors are open when they are closed and things like that. The worst part is that I went on the website and disabled all text messages to our phones and nothing changed. I was still receiving the texts. Other than that the system has been amazing and we have recommended it to friends and family.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your experience! We’re going to have a Support Specialist reach out to you to figure out what’s going on exactly with those text notifications. We appreciate your continued support and recommendations. Please let us know if you have any other questions and we thank you for being a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

After much research, we decided on a FrontPoint security system. I am a retired police officer and knew we needed a reliable and efficient system - and boy did we find it with our FrontPoint system! It has been FLAWLESS now for 2+ years, with only our own stupid mistakes setting it off. When that happens, we immediately receive a text message, followed quickly by a phone call, and ALWAYS by a polite and understanding representative of FrontPoint. Recently, our power went out (wind storm. We were out of town but received a text telling us that we had a power outage at our home, so we made a quick call to our son, who ran over and checked things out. We also added smoke alarms that are monitored for no extra charge.

Bottom line is, we are extremely pleased with this system, and for the first time in years, we leave home and enjoy our vacation instead of worrying about what we might come home to - it's worth every penny!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for this amazing review! We’re so glad to hear that we can help give you that peace of mind, whether you’re home or not. If you have a smartphone, you can add another layer of protection by downloading the app so you can control your system from anywhere! Thank you again for sharing your experience with us so far, and we look forward to protecting your home for many more years to come.

Please let us know if you have any questions and we are thrilled to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

The system was a breeze to install -- under 30 minutes. Our house is full of thick walls that block most WiFi signals, but they didn't pose any problems to the FrontPoint system. So far, the system has worked flawlessly, even through power outages. Monitoring the system via the web and via our Android and iPhone devices has given us a lot of peace of mind. How could it be improved? Maybe a slimline touch-screen based control panel?

Frontpoint response

You couldn’t be more correct, the smartphone app is really awesome! Just knowing you have access to your system in the palm of your hand is a great feeling. As for the touchscreen, we do offer those! If you’d like to know more about that or have any other questions, our Support Team is here to help at 877-602-5276. Thank you for your awesome review and most importantly, welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

We are overall happy with the system. The garage door sensor is a little touchy in that sometimes, we have to open and close the door twice to get it to change to open or closed. Otherwise, all else works fine.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your experience! We’d be happy to take a closer look at your garage door sensor, or if you have any other questions, our Support Team would be happy to help at 877-602-5276. Once again, thanks for the review and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

From the initial call to subsequent requests for assurance, every interaction has been managed quickly, accurately and with great demeanor. Could not recommend more highly!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the recommendation! We’re happy to hear that your interactions with our Support Specialists have gone well. We thank you for being a member of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

I contacted FrontPoint sales after hours and they contacted me the next business day. Setup was easy. My husband had all of the sensors up in less than 30 minutes. The representative walked me through the setup and testing process with ease. No matter how silly my questions were, the representative answered them all and was extremely patient and thorough. The system is easy to use.

Frontpoint response

No question is a silly question! We want to answer any questions that you may have that will help you improve your time with the system. We’re glad to hear that you had a good experience with one of our Support Specialists. Please let us know if you any further questions, and most importantly, we’re happy to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2013

The system was easy to set up and customer service was very helpful with any questions I had. A petsitter feeds our pets when we are away, and the smartphone app is great for checking to be sure she remembered to arm the system when she leaves.

Frontpoint response

Isn’t the smartphone app awesome? It’s a wonderful feeling knowing that you can check your system anytime, anywhere. Thank you for the great review and if you have any questions, please let us know. We’re happy to have you in the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2013

The person I talked to was very polite and nice; he helped me set up my system properly and patiently answered every single question I had. In general, every time I call the company I am treated very nicely.

Frontpoint response

We love hearing about great experiences with our Support Team! We value our customers and have an unyielding commitment to making your experience even better. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions and we’re thrilled to have you as part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2013

I'm always hesitant to call someone whose job is to sell me something, but Front Point made it seem like we're partners in the process, and I never felt any pressure. The two other times I've called -- for set up and when the cellular card wasn't functioning properly -- were also hassle-free and quick. I've had the system over a year, and haven't had any troubles. Plus, it did its job when we were out of town and someone tried to get in. The police arrived and nothing was lost or disturbed.

Frontpoint response

We never want to read about a break-in experience, but we’re glad to hear that you're safe and lost nothing of value. It’s awesome that you also had a great experience with both our Security Consultants and Support Specialists. Thank you for sharing your experience with others and please let us know if you have any questions. We are honored to have you as part of the FrontPoint family!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2013

Excellent customer service, security monitoring and features. Easy to setup.

Frontpoint response

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! Please let us know if you have any questions and most importantly, thanks for being part of the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2013

Just wanted to say how easy it was to set up my security system - I opened the box, and was able to install the sensors and motion detectors in about 20 minutes. I called the service desk to activation and within about 20 minutes - most of which was spent me standing in front of motion detectors and waving my arms or opening doors to ensure the sensors were all working - I had an activated system. The specialist on the phone was friendly, polite and most importantly patient. This was one of the better Customer Service experiences I've had. I bought it, set it up and activated it - with no surprises. Nice job, FrontPoint.

Frontpoint response

We’re thrilled to hear you had a good experience with one of our Support Specialists! We love making our customers happy and work hard every day to make that experience even better. Thank you for the great review and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2013

I had just bought my first house and wanted a security system that was reliable and wasn't hard to setup. I did my research on the web and discovered FrontPoint had outstanding customer service. I called, and was instantly put in touch with a customer service rep in my area and assisted in my setup. I received my kit two days later. The setup was easy and once completed I called in and was able to activate the service immediately. An overall excellent experience!

Frontpoint response

Thank you for the amazing review! We always encourage customers to do their research and make their own decisions, so we’re honored that you decided on FrontPoint. Please let us know if you have any questions and welcome to the FrontPoint Family!

Frontpoint Company Information