2.5/5 (53 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Frontpoint

Frontpoint offers wireless home security packages with professional monitoring and app-based control. New customers work with Frontpoint representatives to find a personalized security solution for their home. Systems come preprogrammed and are designed for easy, do-it-yourself installation. Customers can try a Frontpoint home security system risk-free for 30 days.

Pros

• Month-to-month service available
  • Compatible with Alexa and Google Home
  • Build-your-own system option

Cons

• No professional installation option
  • No lifetime warranty on equipment

Bottom Line

Frontpoint security systems offer high-tech equipment and 24-hour professional monitoring. If you don’t mind installing it yourself, a Frontpoint alarm system could be a smart option for home protection.

Top Frontpoint Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I’ve been with a dozen other security companies and never had such a great experience as I’ve had with Frontpoint. If you’re reading this and having second thoughts spend a litt...

Verified

Frontpoint security was super easy to install and learn how to use. The price is right too. I own a physical medicine clinic and we put up cameras in all the public places to keep...

What is Frontpoint?

Frontpoint is a home security company that offers wireless systems with integrated smart home technologies. The Frontpoint Hub and Keypad act as the system’s command center, with cellular connection to 24/7 professional monitoring. You can control a Frontpoint system using the company app, Google Home or Alexa. The company gives customers the option to choose one of its home security packages or design their own system with add-ons like cameras and sensors. Each system comes with a 30-day, risk-free trial.

Frontpoint security costs

At the time of publishing, Frontpoint security package pricing ranges from $99 to $479.90. Package options include Safe Home Starter, Safe Home Everyday, Safe Home Select and Safe Home Preferred. You can also build your own system. The company partners with Affirm to offer 0% APR financing to those who qualify. The cost for monitoring is $50 a month.

Frontpoint security packages

All Frontpoint alarm packages come with the central Hub and Keypad, at least two door and window sensors, at least one motion sensor, a set of window decals, a yard sign and door stickers.

Safe Home StarterSafe Home EverydaySafe Home SelectSafe Home Preferred

Safe Home Everyday$295.9423
Safe Home Select$383.9224
Safe Home Preferred$479.9025

Frontpoint monitoring costs

Monitoring with Frontpoint costs $50 a month. Both plans come with crash and smash protection, automated system checks, remote access and control, mobile alerts and unique user codes. The Ultimate Plan also includes motion-triggered alerts, light control, live video streaming and smart lock control.

Frontpoint security equipment

Frontpoint’s build-your-own option lets you design the right protection package for your home. You can mix and match equipment if you have more specific needs than what’s offered with Frontpoint security packages. In addition to sensors and indoor cameras, Frontpoint has a variety of popular security equipment add-ons.

frontpoint smart door lock
Smart Door Lock
  • Free cloud video storage
  • Bank-grade encryption
  • $119.99*
frontpoint wireless light control
Wireless Light Control
  • Control with system and mobile app
  • Works with lamps and small appliances
  • $39.99*
frontpoint doorbell camera
Doorbell Camera
  • Two-way audio and night vision
  • Comes with three-year warranty
  • $119.99*
frontpoint garage door tilt sensor
Garage Door Tilt Sensor
  • Built-in smart sensor
  • Sends real-time notifications
  • $19.99*

*As of publishing date.

Frontpoint Security FAQ

Do you have to install Frontpoint yourself?
Yes, you have to install Frontpoint yourself. Security equipment devices come preprogrammed to make setup and utilization easier. Each product includes instructions for installation. Frontpoint also posts videos on its website with visual directions.

Even though Frontpoint tries to make it as easy as possible, some consumers still find the installation process difficult or confusing. If you have any issues installing a system, reach out to Frontpoint customer service for guidance.

Can I use Frontpoint without monitoring?
Not really. You can’t get Frontpoint without a monitoring contract, and Frontpoint equipment only works with the monitoring app.
Does Frontpoint have outdoor cameras?
Yes, Frontpoint sells outdoor cameras for $135.99 as of the publishing date. They include nighttime vision with infrared technology.
How much does Frontpoint cost per month?
Frontpoint monitoring costs {starting_price:16354}. On the lower end, Frontpoint’s monitoring plan includes 24/7 professional monitoring, automated system checks, mobile alerts and monitoring. For a higher price, you can get features like live streaming, night vision, light and smart lock control and motion-triggered alerts.
What is Frontpoint’s return policy?
Frontpoint has a 30-day risk-free trial period. During this time, customers can install the system in their homes and try it to see if it fits their lifestyle. Within 30 days, customers can return the system using free shipping for a full refund.

Is Frontpoint security good?

Frontpoint provides a selection of prebuilt packages at price points to fit a variety of budgets. It can be a smart option for customers who don’t mind DIY system installation. You can select from packages or customize a system to make sure you have the right amount of protection for your property. The company claims its systems can save you up to 20% on homeowners insurance.

However, some dissatisfied customers described difficulty reaching Frontpoint customer service representatives. If you aren’t sure Frontpoint is right for you, compare Frontpoint vs. ADT or Simplisafe vs. Frontpoint.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frontpoint?

Original review: July 5, 2022

We recently came back to Frontpoint. We started using them almost seven years ago. We just did a web search and we called a few companies, and we liked the fact that they let you purchase your equipment so that you own it outright. Their system is able to run on cellular backup if you don't have Wi-Fi. The price was really good as well. But at the time, we wanted a security system because we were living in a neighborhood that wasn't the safest, and it gave us extra peace of mind. It definitely makes us feel more secure, especially in the new house we just moved into, one of our children's bedrooms is on the front of the house. We were able to put sensors on his windows so we know he's safe at night, and the system's plenty loud. We have experienced before where we've actually set it off, and they called us very quickly to make sure that we were okay.

The system was really easy to set up. All of the sensors seem to be working really well. We haven't had any issues with it. The representatives are always really nice and very helpful. We absolutely trust Frontpoint with monitoring our home. The systems are very affordable. They're super easy to set up. They offer you pretty much any sensor you could want to monitor anything you're worried about, which is great. We're very happy with Frontpoint and with our system.

Get buying tips about Home Alarm and Security Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2022

We just bought this house and the existing homeowners had Frontpoint. They gave us two free window units and the chimes. So, that was helpful. Speaking with their sales rep was very helpful. He was cordial and he understood what we were trying to do. So, he was able to help me get the system back up and running, and then also navigate some new equipment. So far, the service is great. I even had an issue once we got the new equipment like setting it up and getting everything hooked to the new dashboard, and I spent an hour with customer service doing that and they were really helpful. Having the system is worth the money.

Original review: May 25, 2022

I was looking for a security system for my house. I talked to my co-workers and they pay every month. They pay to have their cameras in their system plus they pay for the service. I didn't want to do that. I wanted to just buy it and let that be it. I went on Amazon and saw Frontpoint. They said that it would just be a monthly service and that was why I picked them. They had the things that I needed. I could pick whichever one works for me, however many door sensors or cameras I needed. I could hook it up myself and I ain't need a whole lot of people to come hook up the security system. My daughter and I hooked it up together and it was very easy. You don't have to be tech savvy. All you have to know is how to read and follow instructions and you could hook it up.

I like Frontpoint. You can see clearly on the bell. It records through your phone. You can talk through the ring doorbell. When the door is open, it lets you know what door is open. It's amazing and I feel more safe having it. If we forgot to set the alarm in the house, we could still set it from our phones, which is perfect. I will always recommend it to anybody. I recommended it to a lady that work in my dental office. I also recommended it to two of my cousins.

Original review: May 9, 2022

I got a motion sensor and a door switch Frontpoint. I don't like that with their app, if somebody was to be able to break into my Wi-Fi and then be able to get into the iPad, after six tries, the system locks itself out for a minute. After six more tries, the system locks itself out for an hour. Well, if I'm a persistent burglar and I want to get through this system, I’d keep hacking it until I come up with the right pass combination. To make it more bulletproof, after four missed attempts of trying to get your passcode in, the system should automatically lock out and the owner needs to contact the factory or Frontpoint and get them to unlock the system. But the home security system does its job. Frontpoint met satisfaction.

Original review: May 8, 2022

We had some device issues and Frontpoint had great customer service with troubleshooting and sending replacement. I like the features of the system. The camera is a little lagged but it could be the internet service that we have. There’s an issue with logging into the app to get the camera, which we need to call them about. Because it’s lagging, it’s not moving fast. There’s a delay. So, if someone comes and rings the doorbell, and by the time we get to door, get to pull it up, they probably already walked off, because there’s a lag in it. But other than that, the installation process was fine. We set the system up ourselves. We called Frontpoint through customer service and they walked us through everything. They didn’t rush anything. It was always pleasant.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

We have been with Frontpoint for 10 years. We have had issues with the equipment including the multiple times we had to replace the doorbell camera because it broke more than once. We had to replace the sensors and the new ones they sent were so big and bulky that they just keep falling off. Every time we have to call customer service it takes a day to get a callback IF we even get one. They extended our contract over and over again and I'm starting to realize why. They need to lock people in because their competition is so much less expensive. It's been very frustrating waiting out our contract and paying for nothing since we hardly use the system but we did. I followed the directions on waiting until August 1st to cancel but our account was charged.

I was then informed that you need 30 days notice to cancel and that we would be charged again in September. This is a horrible business practice. If I cancelled on 7/31 I would have been charged and early cancellation fee. Having to wait until 8/1, as I was instructed, meant I would also have to pay for September. Nice trick Frontpoint! Then when I checked my bank account I saw 2 charges for August. They took the September payment a month early. When I called them on this they said, "Yup. That's what we do." I was asked if I wanted to transfer my service to someone? Why would I do that when I've been treated so poorly. Paying for August is somewhat understandable, but paying for September is just robbery. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from this company. Ring, Simply Safe, and others are so much less expensive and do not lock you into a contract. Lastly, I sent an email to WeCare@frontpointsecurity a week ago and never got a response. I see how much you care, Frontpoint.

Original review: July 30, 2022

The installation of the doorbell part was rough. I’m a 26-year-old single mom who had to do things myself. I also wish that the system came with an inside or outside camera with the package included, especially for the price. I'll probably end up buying another one later on. I also wish that the service was a little bit better as far as Wi-Fi. I have really good Wi-Fi which is over 900 MBs. But the system is very low with the connection on the camera. But as far as everything else, it is okay. I like the quality of the system. I like the doorbell and the motion sensor for sure. Frontpoint is really good. I was just really concerned about another way to get just a single camera or even the door monitor because I have more than two doors. But whenever I get on the website, there's absolutely no way to order just a camera. It has to be either the start bundle or something else.

Original review: July 24, 2022

So far, the system of Frontpoint has been good. I installed it the first week of May when I moved in. Everything is working. But I couldn't get my camera to work for some reason. The system is not recognizing the camera.

Original review: July 19, 2022

The sales representative from Frontpoint went through a whole lot of stuff with us. The installation was very simple. Our daughter-in-law did it. Frontpoint kept in contact with us and cleared through the breaking-in point with it. They're very nice.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I contacted a company that the house I’m renting had and they referred me to Frontpoint because they only deal with owners. Everything was fine and we did the installation ourselves. But I am not 100% happy, especially with the camera because sometimes I lose images. If you go through the front door, it should record you when you leave and when you come back. The system only shows me the recording of either when I leave or when I come back. It's a little bit weird and that's something that I was gonna call Frontpoint about. Also, I was told that I was gonna get sensors for the window. I only got one. I was never asked how many windows I have. That aside, customer service seems really nice. They were very helpful when I requested services and they were very prompt with the delivery of the equipment.

Frontpoint Company Information