Frigidaire Washers and Dryers

Order new appliances for your home

Shop top brands on Appliances Connection

Visit Website

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Reviews

Original review: May 22, 2020

The model of stacked washer/dryer combo that we have is very basic. You can't tell what part of the wash cycle it is on or even how long is left of the wash cycle. There is no built-in fabric softener dispenser. Other than those items, the washer has worked great for us for the year and half that we've owned it. For a stacked unit, it holds a LOT of clothes because it has no agitator. It is surprisingly easy to load and unload as well.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I have used this washer for 16yrs and have beat the holy you know what out of it and it still works perfectly. I have washed everything I own in that washer and it has never failed.. Football uniforms, sneakers, heavy comforters, pillows, rugs, greasy cloths from the garage, seat covers. You name it I have washed it...

Get buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2020

This is a front-load washer that uses HE detergent. It has many different wash cycles including a sanitizing cycle which works very well. Have only had minor issue with lighting on the instrument and periodic spin cycle issue not removing some of the water in clothing making them harder to get dry. Otherwise, has been a good addition.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have had my Frigidaire front load washer for at least 15 years and I am very pleased. Although I know it's about time to be replaced. It is easy to load and unload. The only thing I don't like about the front load washers are that you cannot add items to it once it starts. However it takes less water and less detergent which is a very big plus.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We have had our Frigidaire Affinity for EIGHT years with no problems whatsoever--till yesterday. The washer stalled on the spin cycle. Problem was wads of some kind of matted, tarry stuff on the drain filter. Stuff that comes off dirty clothes? Don't think I cleaned the washer every time it asked "Clean washer"? And think maybe that was the problem. OR, how to get out the gunk that accumulates on the filter? Where is my manual? Can't find. Otherwise, I have been DELIGHTED with my wonderful, stalwart Frigidaire Affinity. And even this problem is probably just use-related. And, it might be my own darned fault, just as Jimmy Buffett said.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: May 24, 2020

For the price the front loader machine is great but I have it repaired several times. After 10 years it's still a good buy in my book. I have worry free plan which helps. Always leave the door open after washing to prevent a mildew smell.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Recently we had the first service call on our washing machine which is almost 14 years old. The technician who made the repairs (replaced control circuit board and drum shock absorbers) said many machine do not last this long.

Original review: May 20, 2020

Frigidaire front load about 18 years old. Still running great. Matching dryer is the same. This machine has been moved twice with no problem. It fits in the small space that I am having a problem finding a new one to fit. I would like a machine I could clean the drain easily.

Original review: May 19, 2020

My Energy Star Frigidaire Tumble Action front loading washer hasn't let me down since 29 March 2006, knock on wood! It's just my husband, our dog and me, so it obviously doesn't get the high usage that perhaps an average family would. Even though, I think 14 years is pretty good.

Original review: May 17, 2020

This is the first washer machine I have purchased from this manufacturer and I was not impressed with the limited features on it. There is no way to select a certain point in the wash cycle and this model is agitator-less which does not clean clothes very well. I would not recommend the model that I have and will be replacing it soon.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire has been innovating since the company invented the original self-contained refrigerator in 1918. Since then, the company has grown explosively, making a wide variety of kitchen and laundry appliances that suit nearly every household need.

• Quick wash: Consumers who want real speed often choose Frigidaire, which offers the Quick Wash feature on select washers. This feature can allow for washers to completely wash clothing in only 20 minutes at full capacity.

• Great owner support: Frigidaire features a dedication to the customer, and offers a wide variety of extended warranties, a toll-free customer support number and product support section on the Frigidaire website.

• High-efficiency top-loaders fit more: Frigidaire's HE top-loaders allow users to fill their clothing all the way to the very top without compromising washing ability, meaning users spend less time doing laundry.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team