Protect What Matters Most

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Washers and Dryers Reviews

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We have had our Frigidaire Affinity for EIGHT years with no problems whatsoever--till yesterday. The washer stalled on the spin cycle. Problem was wads of some kind of matted, tarry stuff on the drain filter. Stuff that comes off dirty clothes? Don't think I cleaned the washer every time it asked "Clean washer"? And think maybe that was the problem. OR, how to get out the gunk that accumulates on the filter? Where is my manual? Can't find. Otherwise, I have been DELIGHTED with my wonderful, stalwart Frigidaire Affinity. And even this problem is probably just use-related. And, it might be my own darned fault, just as Jimmy Buffett said.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I have owned my set for 14 mos. and I have only had one problem with the washer. In adding fabric softener, I found out that it was clogging the drain hole and had to have a tech to come out and fix it. He told me to pour hot water in the fabric softener dispenser to keep that hole clean. So now, after 3 or 4 wash loads, I pour hot water that I heat up in the microwave, then I run it on a drain and spin cycle. That has worked the best.

Get expert buying tips about Washers and Dryers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

It Cleans my laundry very well although it is a bit slow. The dryer does well also but also slow. The dryer leaves the laundry quite soft and wrinkle free. The washer has a delicate cycle which I use often.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have had the washer-dryer pair for about 15-years. All current models from every manufacturer are too big for my needs and available space but Frigidaire offered a slim model only 25-inches deep that fit better than every other product I could find. After 10-years they began having electronic issues but after find a repair person I found the replacement parts for about half the price of buying new units that were designed without considering consumers who do not have families to keep clean. I was surprised that all manufacturers are blind to building trim units for Single people who want small units not big and bulky.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Bought a brand new dryer from Frigidaire and it was broken the first time we used it. The dryer pours gas out when running! We were told we have to go through the warranty to have someone come out and look at it. They won’t just replace our brand new dryer with a working one. A week later they send someone out to look at it and he had to order a part. Another week later he comes to fix it and the dryer still pours gas out and I mean the whole house smells of gas every time he turns it on. We are told it’s defective and he will have to talk to Frigidaire and see if they will replace it or if he will have to keep working on it and there’s an issue with the wiring.

Another week later they say they refuse to replace our dryer and they will try to replace the gas valve, even though the repair guy says it’s not the gas valve. It’s wiring. After a couple days they agree to mail us new wiring and will send someone to working on it after we let them know we received the part in the mail. Here we are 3 weeks later with a none working brand new dryer and beyond frustrated. We would have never purchased a product from Frigidaire had we known if our new product was defective they wouldn’t replace it with a working one. Horrible customer service, very disappointed, and worried that this dryer that pours gas out and has faulty wiring is a ticking time bomb!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

As soon as the warranty was up the machine started having problems. Just stops all the time. Cleaned the filter which took 3 hours. Still stops seemingly for no reason. Have had a Samsung in a rental suite for years, never a problem. Same one in a previous house and it worked great for years. This 2 and a half year old Frigidaire is on its way to the recycling.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Purchased both of these as a brand new set in 2014. Had to replace the heating coil in the dryer in 2016. Heating coil went out again in early 2019. Replaced the dryer in 2019 with a different brand. The washer requires monthly cleaning to get the mold/mildew out of the front door seal. If you leave it open to dry so it won't get gunky, the stress on the hinges pulls the door out of alignment and has caused the silver flashing to crack. The soap dispenser needs to be cleaned on the same schedule as well for the same reason. I predict a new washer as well in early 2020.

Original review: March 30, 2019

We bought a Frigidaire Affinity dryer in the Fall of 2014. It is no longer under warranty so the consistent repair required is at our own expense. We’ve regularly cleaned the lint screen, which never did work correctly, and results in a regular buildup of lint throughout the entire interior of the unit. It was repaired by a professional once who explained the problem with the lint screen that doesn’t catch lint, but disperses throughout the interior, causing a buildup of lint and a potential fire hazard. To date, we regular have to take the dryer apart ourselves in order to clean out the lint within, and the air flow is weakened as a result, leaving our clothes damp after 90 minutes of drying time... I’ll never buy another Frigidaire appliance again.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We bought appliance new in Sept. 2018. 1st load we noticed soap residue on our black clothing. We have soft water and are using between 1 and 2 teaspoons of detergent per load. We received some suggestions but no solutions from Frigidaire All reports we have read have the same complaint. We upped house water temp/wash all loads at hot or warm setting/wash all loads on heavy duty setting/make loads heavier by soaking them first to fool machine to add more water. Many times we wash loads x2. We purchased 4 high end Frigidaire appliances at same time but are getting nowhere with this issue with manufacturer. (No issues with other appliances.) We even offered to return and buy higher quality Frigidaire product. I highly recommend staying away from this model of washing machine.

Original review: March 12, 2019

We rent. When our old stackable finally conked out after 10 years, the landlord brought us a brand new stackable Frigidaire energy efficient set. Hardly ever spins out without notifying us and we have to arrange the wet clothes in the washer. When it does work, it leaves horrible white marks on my black dress clothes. I do use a small amount of liquid detergent. Garbage product. Do not buy. The washer does not even give enough water to cover the clothes. PS: I only gave 1 star as they wouldn't let me post this without selecting one.

Frigidaire expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Frigidaire has been innovating since the company invented the original self-contained refrigerator in 1918. Since then, the company has grown explosively, making a wide variety of kitchen and laundry appliances that suit nearly every household need.

• Quick wash: Consumers who want real speed often choose Frigidaire, which offers the Quick Wash feature on select washers. This feature can allow for washers to completely wash clothing in only 20 minutes at full capacity.

• Great owner support: Frigidaire features a dedication to the customer, and offers a wide variety of extended warranties, a toll-free customer support number and product support section on the Frigidaire website.

• High-efficiency top-loaders fit more: Frigidaire's HE top-loaders allow users to fill their clothing all the way to the very top without compromising washing ability, meaning users spend less time doing laundry.

• Best for: People who want to wash a lot of clothes very quickly, large families and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs