Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: July 1, 2021

It’s a nice refrigerator, but I bought a part. Order the wrong one, you pay for shipping and a restock fee… It’s really not worth it. Their return policy is terrible. I also feel the quality could be better. My building loves this brand… I guess it’s energy Efficient, but yeah with the return it’s a no….

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I bought our new Refrigerator about 3 months ago and I could not be more satisfied with it. This unit looks great in our kitchen but it also lives up to its name. This unit keeps a steady temperature better than any other brand I have had. I would recommend this refrigerator not only to my friends but also to my family.

Get buying tips about Refrigerators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

The brand I like is Frigidaire. I love the lighting, the room, the size and the color. I would recommend this brand to everyone. When you have a big family you need plenty of room. And my refrigerator has just that. I'm able to put plenty of leftovers in there and I'm able to keep my veggies and fruit nice and crisp. Not to mention the color black is just the hands don't show as much with the kiddos. Go out and get you a frigidaire. You won't be disappointed. In fact you will want to upgrade every year a new one come out.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

We have a shallow depth design in our kitchen so we are limited to models that for. We also have a height issue so even more limiting. We were lucky to find this Frigidaire and we like the cold water and ice on the outside as our kids are getting water all day and now don’t have to open the fridge constantly. So far the fridge has been working well. We also like the 3rd drawer and the ability to set the temp in there as we want.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I bought my refrigerator on sale and have had it about 7 years now and never had to have any service on it and it works great. Bought because my old one had gone out which was a GE and it was 23 yrs old. I needed to find one that would fit into a small space between walls and the upper cabinet so looking for one to fit into a small area was really hard as most refrigerators are really huge nowadays but I found this one and it was a good deal and I believe it will be with me for many many years.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Purchase date: 10/11/20. Total purchase price including tax: 1641.94. In June of 2021, I noticed water leaking under and around the fridge on the side with the ice maker. It wasn't a ton of water, but enough to know it wasn't normal. Called the Frigidaire customer service number (1-800-374-4432) on 06/23/21. After lengthy hold time, spoke to a representative who gave me a date of 06/28/21 between 0800 and 1700 for a local repair person to come. I asked if I could have some information about the repair company, namely a phone number in case something happened that I couldn't be available the entire day, and was told, "We can't give you that information. We will give the company your number and someone will be in touch".

Fast-forward to 1655 on 06/28/21 after I had to take the entire day off work and still no one had arrived to look at the fridge. I placed a call to the aforementioned customer service number, questioning why no repair person arrived. I was told, "you did not have an appointment scheduled". "Are you kidding?" I reply. I demand that someone pull up the recording of the customer service call that I had placed on the 23rd. I was then told, "I do see where you called, but nothing was ever scheduled". I request to speak to a supervisor and am told, "There isn't anyone available to speak to you. I am in Asia". I insist that everyone has a supervisor and am told "they leave for the day at five".

I go into a rant about the poor customer service and start questioning the relationship between this customer service company and Frigidaire, and am told they will try to find someone to whom I can speak. Enter Sharon, who tells me she is on the East Coast of the U.S. She apologizes and schedules me for service on June 30th. I am provided with a dispatch number (wow, just heard about that), the company name and phone number, and instructions to call them to verify the appointment. At that point I am feeling much better.

The repair man came on the 30th and said there was nothing wrong. We had turned the water off to the fridge when it started leaking, so, to be fair, maybe that had something to do with him thinking there was nothing wrong. He had me turn the water back on, and during the 15 minutes he was in our home, there was no water leaking. However, it started again a few hours later. We placed a call to him the next day, but he never responded back.

Here I sit, one hour into my wait on the customer service line, 07/12/21. This review is really not as much about the product itself, but about the customer service experience, because that, to me, is a much more serious issue. The real test of a company is the manner in which it responds to issues. Every company has problems and makes mistakes, but it is the commitment to resolving issues that separates mediocrity from excellence.

Today, when I called the same customer service number, the automatic answering system was set up differently from the last time I called. I followed prompts for refrigerator repairs for products purchased within the past year. After entering my zip code, I was given the phone numbers of local repair companies via the automated system. The first repair shop I called was closed for business, per the corporate office. The second one said they serviced my area, but I needed to initiate a "dispatch number" with Frigidaire in order for the service to be covered under the warranty.

Okay, my question is, why would the automated customer service line even give you the numbers of the local repair companies when you are required to have a dispatch number generated by Frigidaire to receive service? The only reason to do something like that is to hold off taking customer calls, right? If the repair people know I need to speak to a Frigidaire rep to receive a dispatch number, I would think the company itself would be aware of that tidbit?

So, I try to call the same customer service number several times. One prompt led to the message of "we are busy and can't take the call" and the phone hung up. There wasn't even a choice to stay on hold. Another prompt told me I could read the FAQs online to figure out my problem, or chat with customer service. When I tried to participate in the online chat, the link was nonfunctional.

Finally, I used my head a little and picked the prompt for repairs under purchased extended warranties. I was actually given a choice to wait on hold or leave a number for a call back. I stayed on hold on one phone and at the same time called customer service from another phone line and requested a call back. After approximately 1.25 hours on hold, someone answered, but immediately put me back on hold. A while later someone else answered, and after listening to my rant about hideous customer service and how my call better have been recorded, I did receive a dispatch number.

The fact that I had to follow prompts for the extended purchased warranty, and how to purchase one if interested, in order to even be able to sit on hold for a live person, speaks volumes to me. Frigidaire apparently wants to take care of calls related to an area of the business focused on generating more revenue instead of taking care of repairs covered under manufacturer warranty that are only costing them money. I can honestly say that this customer service experience would make me think long and hard before ever purchasing from this company again.

Original review: July 6, 2021

2/28/2019 purchased Frigidaire Gallery, Freezer (SN: WB91269529) and Refrigerator (SN: WA91101792). Total cost: $3,418. Units were delivered 4/12/2019. Refrigerator went out shortly after 1 year manufacture warranty expired. 2 service calls by authorized service tech were made to make repairs costing about $500. Refrigerator went out a third time. Replaced with GE. Frigidaire Freezer unit went out after 1 year warranty expired. Will not order repair and will send freezer to scrap yard because I have no confidence in Frigidaire nor their customer support policy. In the meantime, cabinets have to be rebuilt to fit replacement units.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Bought a refrigerator on Dec, 2019 and waited for almost 1.5 years to watch its performance. Water condensation and accumulation inside it is the problem. Food gets spoiled from contact with water. It is shameful how American industries are going down with no remorse. Hungry profit maker at the expense of quality. Whereas I bought a LG that is so good that I consider 10 stars. Worth paying far more money for LG. MADE IN AMERICA IS NOT ALWAYS A SOLUTION TO OUR ECONOMY. Sorry..

Original review: June 16, 2021

We purchased a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator in August 2020. Eight months later it stopped cooling properly. A repair person was sent out and diagnosed the problem as a bad compressor. The parts needed to fix it are on backorder with no ETA. So here we are with an 8 month old appliance that is no longer working, no ETA for it getting it repaired, and no one willing to give us answers or help. The customer service is all scripted and we have hit a wall. They are not willing to entertain replacing this dysfunctional appliance they sold us. Stay away from Frigidaire appliances. Not reliable, and terrible customer service.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Spoke with a representative about my loud Frigidaire refrigerator and problems with produce freezing. I was told twice by the person at the repair office that my visit would be at no charge. When the repairman called it sounded like he did not want to come as he stated that if he could find nothing that there would be a $90.00 charge. I told him that I was assured that there would be no charge when the appointment was made. The repairman sounded like he already made the decision that the loud noise was normal. This company, needs to get their policies straight about if they are going to charge or not. Also, this person who was to make the house call needs to act like he cares about the problem and not throw out that if it is up to you if I come out and if I find nothing it will cost you. Pathetic service.

Frigidaire author review by ConsumerAffairs

While Frigidaire sells a wide range of appliances, the company has long been known for specializing in refrigerators and freezers. Frigidaire headquarters are in the heart of Augusta, Georgia.

• Variety: Frigidaire offers a huge variety of sizes, shapes and styles of refrigerators so it can meet the needs of many different types of customers.

• Customizable doors: The doors in Frigidaire refrigerators are customizable so owners can change them to fit the needs of a family or establishment.

• Online tools: The company offers customers online tools to help pick or design the right refrigerator, and it also offers assistance visualizing the look and style of a finished kitchen with a Frigidaire fridge in it.

• Customer service: Frigidaire offers excellent customer service options, including online product support, manuals and multiple options for getting in contact with the company.

• Availability of products: Customers can find Frigidaire refrigerators in a large number of stores, making them a convenient option no matter where customers live.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team