Find a Refrigerators partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Refrigerators Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Refrigerators?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Especially bought this refrigerator because it was made in America and the ice maker is in the door of the side by side. Unique! Also got the counter depth and stainless steel, which I really like.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

We inherited our Frigidaire when we bought our house. The compressor sounds like it laboring. This may have been related to the previous owner as the filters had not been replaced. It did shut off completely at one point but did restart itself. The large freezer drawer on the bottom is very spacious with handy drawer dividers. Overall pleased.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

Model ffht1821q52 has not performed optimally since purchase. Warranty repairs failed to fix the defrost which heats up way too much and begins to thaw food and then refreezes creating constant ice formations. Will never buy another Frigidaire product.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

This ref breaks on a regular basis - of course just after the warranty expires. Cost me a small fortune in repairs just like the Frigidaire before it. In this case made in the USA was not so great!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I need a new refrigerator after 7 years. The freezer is working but the refrigerator has a high temperature reading and it won’t go down to the correct temperature. I called a repair person and they informed me it would be costly to find out the exact problem. This refrigerator did not last, they are not made like they use to be.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

It's a side by side and the only downfall is the small freezer section. The ice and water dispenser are wonderful. Changing the water filter was NOT easy to do or learn. I was afraid of breaking it the 1st time doing. The removal instructions for the water filter are terrible. The accuracy of the temperature is outstanding. The ice maker performs extremely well.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Poor quality. Don’t make the fridge like they use to. They are overpriced for the quality and definitely a men designed appliances. I would not buy this brand again. The placement of the shelves are poor.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

This refrigerator is super loud and noisy. It is constantly whining, groaning, and making all sorts of noise. I would never buy another one. This is something you cannot know until you get it home for a while.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

So, when my old fridge died, I went to Lowes and found my Frigidaire side by side. I love it! The adjustable shelves in the freezer really help with odd sized objects. The basket in the freezer is great for all my frozen veggies too! And did you know that two of the shelves in the fridge side pull out so you can reach the items in the back more easily. The glass shelves always look so nice and clean and the inset shelves in both doors can be moved too! The built in water and ice maker is a lifesaver when you need a drink! Crushed ice from the dispenser makes a soda the perfect temperature. The Frigidaire Gallery is a really great bargain at only $1100. This should be your next Fridge!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

Frigidaire is a reliable and reasonable priced refrigerator. It gives me the space I need and keeps accurate temperature. Easy to clean. I have deal with Frigidaire for years and no problems. I don't go with fancy options so if it breaks it don't cost me a fortune to fix.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We bought a stainless steel side by side refrigerator at Lowe’s. No we did not buy an extended warranty. 2 months after buying the freezer started frosting up significantly. Called Frigidaire line for service representative in our area - Bethany Beach, DE. Ben ** referred us to a service repairman. He came 3 times. First tried new thermostat - not problem. He consulted with Ben ** and did a diagnostic test stating it needed a new compressor and probably other parts. They stated money spent there would be better buying a new refrigerator. Called Larry ** manager at Frigidaire since at this point total refrigerator not working and food going bad. Larry offered 50% of parts ordered through them - no labor. Chasing good after bad!

Money better spent on new fridge. Also wrote and called Electrolux - same response - “things happen”! Sorry this indicates to me poor product, poor service and pitifully unreliable appliance. Learning lesson: Beware of any Frigidaire product. I will never buy any Frigidaire product. I am 78 yrs old and bought many appliances and have never had one break down immediately. This is a red flag that something is wrong with the product!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

We had another company come and twice they didn't fix the problem. The Electrolux/Frigidaire guy got the job done!!! What took 4 months and still not resolving the problem, took Frigidaire 1 day from call to completion!

Original review: July 24, 2019

Bought this new from Home Depot and 3 days post installation it stopped cooling. Electrolux repair person came out and said it had to be replaced. It was defective from the factory. He put in an order and it took 2 weeks for Frigidaire to process the order. After 2 more weeks Frigidaire said it had to be referred to a third party. That "referral" took a week to get processed. Now I'm waiting for the third party to contact me and it has been 6 weeks since the initial repair person put in the order. My family is having to live out of coolers buying ice everyday and having to shop daily so food doesn't spoil. All Frigidaire customer service can say is that this is their busy season. STAY AWAY FROM FRIGIDAIRE. NOT WORTH THE FRUSTRATION.

Frigidaire sent me an email asking for a review. I submitted the above review and the next day received an email from the moderator that my review would not be published because it drives away business. The email asked that I change and resubmit my review. So if you go to their website keep in mind that they only publish the good reviews.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Not even 1 year old and the ice maker never made more than a small amount of ice. Sometimes no ice at all. The service guy came out, put a new ice maker in and told me that it would not make any difference because the refrigerator by Frigidaire is junk. I would recommend that you never buy any Frigidaire product. No more of their junk for me.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I purchased a Frigidaire refrigerator in May of 2018. Two weeks ago the drawer slides to the deli drawer broke. Not only are they unwilling to extend a courtesy repair for a part that should have lasted the life of the refrigerator (as it did with my GE), but they gouge the customer for $76 for a pair of $4 plastic drawer slides. Be careful when purchasing Frigidaire products.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Bought it in February 2017. Was fine. Beginning of 2019 we have nothing but problems. Making loud knocking noise when making ice than the sound of an airplane ready to take off. No exaggeration. Freezer fan froze up. Called Frigidaire, trouble getting anyone to talk to for help. When they did give us names of companies in our area to call for repair, none of them would return our calls. Store we bought it from was not helpful either. Got more help from Google, information on how to fix ourselves. Had to buy dry ice to save our food. NEVER BUY A FRIGIDAIRE! They don't make good appliances. Stuck with a 2 year old lemon while saving up money to buy a new refrigerator.

Original review: July 1, 2019

Wow is all I have to say. Product is crap. Has been slowly breaking down over the first year of owning it. Finally broke 2 weeks after 1 year warranty expired. Can't get ahold of customer service, or they hang up on you. I finally got scheduled with a repair specialist who NO CALL NO SHOWED. I call Frigidaire and they hang up on me AGAIN. We will never be buying your crap products again. Solely due to your customer service oh and your crap products.

Original review: June 30, 2019

Five years ago we replaced all of our kitchen appliances with stainless Frigidaire appliances. At about the same time we purchased a second fridge to keep in our garage for extra storage. Two years in we had to call someone to repair the second fridge. Now the compressor died, so we have to replace that fridge AFTER ONLY 5 YEARS! And our main fridge fails to make ice consistently. The control panel light on one of the numbers went bad so we can't read what number it is. We WILL NOT purchase another Frigidaire product. Hire some real engineers to design your products to last more than 5 years...

Sincerely,

Broken Products=Broken Trust

Original review: June 26, 2019

My unit has developed a rusted hole in the back behind the ice maker. They want me to pay someone (of their choice) to confirm there is a hole - the pictures show it very well. After a year of back and forth they said this hole was normal. If I wanted a fridge with a hole feature I would have purchased that model. I don't want a rusted hole.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I bought a refrigerator Frigidaire Gallery series. Supposedly this is better than the another one of the same brand. The point is that the quality of materials inside like the shelfs and glasses is terrible. The appliance is under warranty but when I call for to claim because one of the shelf and one glass platform was broken, The customer service said that the parts don't have warranty, so I have to pay for it. My older refrigerator was 10 years and never broken nothing inside. I can't understand. I'll never buy Frigidaire again. Not recommended.

Original review: June 23, 2019

I purchased a Fridgidaire refrigerator in July 2018. In April 2019 (refrigerator nine months old) I noticed that the food in the refrigerator was warm. The freezer was fine. I turned the temperature to the coldest setting in the refrigerator and bought a thermometer and it read 55 degrees. I called Frigidaire customer service and told them that the refrigerator was warm but the freezer was fine. I told the associate that I turned down the temperature to the coldest setting and it still read 55 degrees. First the associate told me that thermometers are never correct! Then she asked me if the refrigerator was plugged in! Then she asked if it was in the garage since the garage is too hot for refrigerators. Then she asked if I turned the temperature down to zero because that meant that I turned off the refrigerator! I was angry by then and asked for a service call. She gave me an appliance store phone number.

When I called them they told me that they no longer service Frigidaire products because they are too hard to deal with. I called Frigidaire again and received another appliance store number. The service man came after one week and told us that the fan motor was broken. We waited two weeks for the part to come in. Then we had to make an appointment. The service man came back and as he was putting in the new motor the fan itself broke in half. We have to wait for the part to come in and make another appointment. It has been 6 weeks since we had an operable refrigerator. Luckily we have a 30 year old refrigerator in our GARAGE that works fine! I am definitely buying an extended warranty which I never do because I do not trust this product. DO NOT BUY!

Original review: June 20, 2019

I purchased my brand new Frigidaire April 19, 2019. 1 month later both sides stopped getting cold. We lost everything in our freezer. Being that it was still under warranty of course someone came out 3 days later on May 22, 2019. He thought the problem was the digital setting because you would set it and then it would go back down and the alarm would start to beep. It took the company 2 and 1/2 weeks to come back to replace it. After the replacement was done the same problems continued.

1 week later the same young man comes back out and finally says it's the compressor and there is a hole and leak so there is no coolant at all. He orders different parts and the next day calls to inform me that the parts will not be in for another 2 and 1/2 weeks. My family and I have now been without a working refrigerator for more than 2 months. And instead of just replacing this brand new $1,000 refrigerator we have to live out of 2 basic picnic coolers. I need help for a solution with Frigidaire/Electrolux Corp. This is maddening and hurtful. Signed, helpless in Columbus, Georgia. Please contact me at **.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Our fridge is only a year old and the shelves cracked. If you put too much on the door the fridge won’t close. None of it is covered under warranty because it’s cosmetic. It’s cheaply made. I had it for a month and the door shelves fell out, the center shelf cracked in the middle where the deli drawer is. Called the company and it’s not part of the warranty.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Well... We remodeled our kitchen cabinets, countertops, the works and all new appliances. Got dishwasher, microwave, slide-in stove and my French Door refrigerator with the exciting TWO ice makers. Who could want more? Right? WRONG! The appliances were under new warrant. We started using it real quick with the ice makers. And by the way I had learned real quick to keep a yard stick close by because when we opened the bottom freezer drawer some ice cubes would fall out the side/back to the bottom floor of the freezer and the drawer would not shut unless we took the long yard stick and raked it under the bins to knock the ice out onto the floor!!

But back to the “problems”. The top quit working and had to be replaced two different times because it quit working and I have lost track now but I am almost sure the bottom has been replaced too or something about the “arm” of the ice maker. I even got scared and bought an additional warranty! Now for the problem now. About 6 months ago here it comes again. No ice and now no water from the dispenser. So we had to unplug the fridge, remove all food and put into an second fridge we keep outside for garden veggies and it had to “thaw”. Bingo ice. We were told it was probably the water valve and would need to eventually be replaced.

Now fast forward. Once again frozen no ice so we knew if the valve had to be replaced and new water filter. (Cost $ every 6 months!) Anyway we pulled the fridge from the wall and that is when I ALMOST FAINTED! There was a BALL of ice stuck not only to my fridge but my wall was BLACK WITH ROT! I have heard never say never but never will I buy Frigidaire again!!!! After reading all these reviews. Better start pulling yours out before you have to replace a wall! Even the electrical box has got to be worked on!!!!

Original review: June 10, 2019

I bought this unit and immediately had ice maker problems. They came once, then I had to have them come again, then I learned that there was a known defect, but the techs were not authorized to repair it. And there was no manufacturer recall to fix this defect. Had them come again, they managed to get it to work. I bought an extended service contract using the FlexPay program. The ice maker broke again after this was effective, but I could not get a service call because I have not paid my final payment of the FlexPay. So you get 3 months of a service contract that you don't have to honor. Without a doubt I will never buy any item that has Frigidaire associated with it. Items are low quality and you do not stand behind your products. Anything that you can do to stick it to the buyer is okay in y'all's eyes. I imagine bankruptcy will find you soon.

Original review: June 6, 2019

I purchased refrigerator from Lowe's on 4/3/19. It stops working in less than 8 weeks. Call Lowe's, they say call Frigidaire who sends out service man next day. Needs compressor. Lose $250.00 in food, Compressor not in stock. Frigidaire says 7 to 10 days. I am without food for 7 to 10 days. I find this unacceptable. I am sure corporate supervisor who I spoke with would not accept this. I have 3 young children living with me. They do not compensate for loss of food. No loaners. Where are our consumer rights? I thought a basic right was food. So frustrating every time you call you get Iva the robot who you have to give the same information to. Your model number, serial number etc. Really Frigidaire you think 7 to 10 business days without food I can cook is right? Who can afford to go out with 3 children and eat out. So not fair.

Original review: June 6, 2019

We purchased this refrigerator brand new. Within two weeks it was not working. We have been dealing with Frigidaire for over two months. They have sent out repair people but still it does not work. We had to purchase a “dorm” sized fridge to keep the basics cold. When we call we get the same lines “we understand as a consumer how frustrating this is. We would be upset too” blah blah blah! But still not a working refrigerator. I would never recommend any Frigidaire appliance to anyone. They do not stand behind their product nor do they care about their customers! Will not be surprised if we hear about them going out of business soon.

Original review: June 2, 2019

We have a new Frigidaire refrigerator and the bottom door and hinge slowly have broken. I called Frigidaire to submit a claim. It took me a good hour to finally get through to somebody. During the hour of trying I was hung up on numerous times. Finally I talked to someone who put me in contact with a company, Johnson Appliance that was supposed to fix my appliance. They never called me, I called them and left numerous voicemails.

Finally someone called me back and asked me what was wrong with my fridge. I gave them the model number and they said they would order the parts and get back with me. That was three weeks ago. I've left numerous voicemails and no return calls. Since then, due to the door being broken, the refrigerator is not working like it should. I've tried over fifteen times to get a hold of someone at Frigidaire to get someone to fix my fridge. I've been put on hold, only to be hung up on again. And no one ever returns my calls. I will never ever buy a Frigidaire appliance or anything of the sort. They are terrible when it comes to keeping their end of the deal.

Original review: May 10, 2019

Purchased the Frigidaire Professional series 4 piece package when I remodeled my kitchen. The ice maker is so slow to make ice you can't count on ice for a party at all. I had it worked on at least 6 times and it still is crap, repairman coming Monday. Never would I buy another Frigidaire product. Not going to purchase another extended warranty. I will just buy ice.

Original review: May 9, 2019

We purchased our Frigidaire Gallery side by side from Lowe's in May 2017, while remodeling our kitchen. March 2019 the Fridge is room temp, and all food is lost. Call Lowe's for our extended coverage, and they schedule for a service call. The first doesn't even show, call back again, and they schedule for the call again, 2 weeks later a tech finally shows, but needs a new compressor which he does not have. 2 weeks later he finally shows up and replaces it, only to have it die again 4 days later. Lowe's schedules again, and will have a tech out in 4 days. Frigidaire is horrible, but Lowe's extended warranty is just as bad. Never buy another Frigidaire product, and looking at Home Depot for the future.

Frigidaire Refrigerators Company Information