Find a Freezers partner

Protect What Matters Most

Get Home Warranty Plans & Pricing

Compare Quotes

Frigidaire Freezers Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire Freezers?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: March 16, 2021

Needed to replace a 25 year old, old faithful chest freezer - too expensive to buy old freon anymore. Went to the orange big box mart knowing which model and price I wanted (a 25 ft3 chest that was on sale). Because of COVID, they were out of stock on the sale item but they did have a 27 ft3 chest that was a floor model they would sell me at a discounted price. The unit works well and is much more thrifty on electricity.

Original review: March 14, 2021

This is our second Frigidaire freezer and I am very satisfied with it. The first one had a design flaw and it did not last long. We had it for 4 years, but we had purchased an extended warranty on it when it was bought. The company that tried to fix it, couldn't so it was replaced under the warranty. This one is going on 7 years old and no problems. We keep it in the garage and it works just fine. It is a stand up one and it has plenty of room in it. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a freezer.

Get buying tips about Freezers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2021

As an appliance technician, I recommend the Chest Freezers, Frigidaire, they are the most reliable and the ones that I have repaired the least for their durability and quality. It is important to choose a freezer with these characteristics due to the importance of keeping frozen food in good condition and avoiding moments of panic when freezers have failures. Low consumption and silent operation.

Original review: March 12, 2021

As chest freezers go I'm not totally stoked at the quality, more like 3.5 stars. But the size was huge 24cf, the price is right, it's frost free & highly energy efficient so the annoyances are of the functional design. The door doesn't open all the way & doesn't stay open, the door won't close if you fill up the provided baskets even to the top of them. These would be easy changes during manufacturing.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Long-time quality, this unit has been with us since we bought our house back in 2011 and remains cold, sturdy, and roomy. It's got the bottom freezer and gives a lot of space in the fridge, providing enough room for our fresh groceries, along with cooked items that need to be maintained. It's stainless steel so it doesn't damage easily and is easy to clean.

Original review: July 19, 2021

I would not advise anyone to buy this Frigidaire freezer, or any of their products. The freezer was bought from Home Depot at the end of April and started having problems 1 week ago. Customer Service was called, they heard the bad noise it was making, became alarmed and said they would get right away. They could only get one 2 days away, on Friday morning. Thursday afternoon, I get a call that the repair person cannot come until the following Wed. When asked why, they said Frigidaire contracts repair companies and when they, Frigidaire, contacts the repair companies dispatch for the appt Frigidaire then does not get the paperwork to the repair company in an efficient, so the appt could be lost, which it was.

The freezer went out entirely Friday night. So, we were stuck over the weekend when Frigidaire is closed (not sure I know of any other large national company that cannot be reached over weekends). The specs on the freezer indicate if the freezer is full and you don't open the door, the food will stay frozen for 48 hours. Yesterday, Sunday morning, I had a feeling I should finally open the door and check. Some of the food was already starting to smell, so that aspect of the freezer is not accurate. The meat was still frozen, but everything else was not. Luckily, I opened it, so didn't lose the meat. I loaded as much food into our refrigerator freezer and refrigerator, but it does not fit all of it. The rest is in the freezer still with ice packs.

In calling Frigidaire this morning and they said there is nothing they can do to get someone out sooner, or compensate for lost food or hassles, because they are not responsible for the contractors they hire. That is classic "passing the buck". It is their product, and their policies, that cause their inefficiency and terrible customer service. That is why I say don't buy Frigidaire at all because it is not just the product, it's their entire customer service and processes that don't work. And, Home Depot takes no responsibility either for appliances after 48 hours. Their return policy is 90 days for just about everything else.

Original review: July 15, 2021

So disgusted with having to call repairman. This is last straw, putting it out with trash. Compant not helpful, just keep calling repairman. Asked for replacement, they refuse, Lost too much food already from failure of freezer. Won't even try to sell because I wouldnt give this problem to someone else

Original review: July 14, 2021

I purchased a Frigidaire upright freezer in Jan. 2021. In April the fan was making a lot of noise like it was hitting something. I called Frigidaire since it was still under warranty. Got a call back from Electrolux the parent company. I was told to troubleshoot it myself first then call them back. I could not get to the fan without taking off the back panel inside so I called back. A serviceperson came out a week later, took off the panel and said that ice had built up by the fan and behind the temp control knob. He needed to get parts to add to the area. He took the ice off and said it will probably happen again until he can fix it. He ordered the parts and they were on back order.

It took another 3 weeks to get the parts then several days to get an appt. for the guy to come back. He installed the parts and made the drain hole bigger. Now it's July 13 and it happened again. This time I took off the panel myself and there was once again ice. I removed it but it will happen again. This is a design flaw. I would not recommend buying this product.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Let it be known.... Never ever order or purchase a Frigidaire appliance!!! They have the worst customer service dept ever... They will not even accept phone calls because they are too busy and their website is completely unusable. The freezer broke down after less than 3 months. And they won't fix it even though it's on warranty!!!!

Original review: March 24, 2021

Have had this freezer for about 10 years. It has been such a good freezer and never has given us trouble. We bought it at Lowe’s and had it delivered. I love the fact it beeps if the door is ajar. Leaves us scratching our heads till we find out where the beeping is coming from as this happens so seldom.

Frigidaire author review by Jonathan Trout

Frigidaire makes specialty appliances for your kitchen and laundry room and for home comfort (air conditioners, dehumidifiers and air purifiers). In addition to its freezer/fridge combo models, it makes 30 models of chest and upright freezers that come in three collections: Frigidaire Professional, Frigidaire Gallery and Frigidaire.

• Frigidaire collection: The Frigidaire collection features 26 models of upright and chest freezers ranging in capacity from around 5 to 21 cubic feet. They include features like SpaceWise organization, a system with adjustable dividers and baskets with color-coordinated clips. They also have ArticLock walls which keep food frozen for over two days in the event of a power outage. Freezers in the Frigidaire collection range from $269 to $989.

• Frigidaire Gallery collection: The Gallery collection includes one upright freezer and two models of freezer/refrigeration combos. The upright freezer has a capacity of 19 cubic feet and costs $1,799. It comes with a smudge-proof stainless steel finish and is over 24 percent more energy efficient than older Frigidaire models.

• Frigidaire Professional collection: The Professional collection includes one upright freezer that is 19 cubic feet in capacity. It has a SpacePro shelving system that lets you adjust and remove bins, shelves and storage baskets. It features automatic alerts that let you know if the temperature rises, the power goes out or the door is left open. The Professional upright freezer costs $2,099.

• PureAir Ultra: Some upright and chest freezers come with PureAir Ultrafiltration systems that remove up to seven times more odor than baking soda. This helps your food taste fresh longer.

• Soft-Freeze Zone: If your model of Frigidaire has a Soft-Freeze Zone, it will keep things like ice cream, butter and bread soft and ready to eat.

by Jonathan Trout ConsumerAffairs Research Team