1.03/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

480 Frigidaire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Just a horrible company. Horrible workers or will agents. Horrible products just around the board. Just a horrible experience they suck you into by their products and then when you buy them they don't stand by them when you have an issue because their dehumidifier laid all over your carpet and now there's mildew underneath your carpet but they aren't responsible for any of that. Well then you shouldn't be selling dehumidifiers if you are not going to stand by them when they leak and they're only two years old. That's a little crazy to me that you have no type of faith and what you are selling so why are you selling it and why are us little people getting peed on by buying these items from these companies and they just look at us like we are stupid and without us they wouldn't be anything and that's the thing that really irritates me.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I bought my washer and dryer 2 years ago. I have always been a fan of Frigidaire. As matter of fact I have a stove and fridge that are Frigidaire are working fine. However our dryer heating element burned and not working no more. Called Frigidaire. They could not help us. Asks us to call a technician. Now the service to repair will be costing us close to 400$. It's a total joke.

Now we bought these 2 years ago close to 2500$ and now I have to put 400$ for repair. I have a newborn of 3 weeks and we have lots of laundry to do and stuck debating about what to do. It's sad but Frigidaire lost a loyal client. I was a big believer but no longer. Never ever that I am purchasing Frigidaire anymore and my friends and family will hear from this. Poor customer service and products.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Frigidaire Gallery Collection. Back in 2012, my wife and I decided it was time to upgrade our kitchen appliances. The stainless steel look was in, so we shopped around to find a manufacturer that offers a good quality product. Without question, the best looking product set in the market was the Frigidaire Gallery Collection. We purchased a new dual oven, microwave, dishwasher, and refrigerator. We were very happy with our decision and purchase. This is where our excitement ended.

1. Oven - When the products shipped to my home, the oven control panel was damaged. It took three replacements to get it fixed. The following two replacements also came in damaged. After 4-6 weeks we finally received a good one. 2. Microwave – The top part of the microwave cracked. It’s a part on the top that one doesn’t even touch. I had to fight with the Frigidaire representative to send me a replacement at no charge. They did send one out, however, the representatives are programmed to sell you warranty uplifts, not to help work on your problem. 3. Dishwasher – Replaced the bottom inside strip three times. This strip prevents water coming out of the unit onto your floor. I was happy that Amazon offers this and is user replaceable.

4. Dishwasher – The bottom rack that holds the dishes and other objects got damage after normal use. The vertical holder cracked at the top, causing the dishes to get a rust marks that are permanent. This damaged all my dishes. 5. Refrigerator - Door handles become loose, the top two handles can be tightened, the bottom freezer handle needs to have the side panels removed to fix. Had to get a repair person in the fix this issue. 6. Microwave – This stopped working after one year of use; we used it basically to warm coffee and defrost food. When I made the service call, I was told to purchase a new; it would be less expensive than getting the current one fixed. The problem was it stopped warming.

7. Oven – Over time using the oven, the widows collects grease and dust. The only ways to clean them are to disassemble the doors to get to the windows and clean them. It looks terrible and looks like one hasn’t cleaned their oven in years. It’s a difficult and time consuming task to dismantle the doors to get to the glass for cleaning.

8. Refrigerator – My latest problem. It stopped working with an error code displayed on the side door panel. I called an authorized service company; they came out and reset the firmware. We lost our food, and after the reset, we purchased food replacement. The refrigerator worked and 1 ½ days and failed again with the same problem. I lost hundreds of dollars of food. The repair company had to order a new circuit board. They came out and replaced it to find I need another board to fix the problem. Another additional expense now heading in the $500+ range. After a week I still don’t have a working product and waiting for the additional parts. It scheduled to come in a few days. I just hope this solves the problem.

In summary, I will never purchase another Frigidaire product because of all the failures and lack of support from the company. As I stated earlier, the call center reps are only interested in selling you extended warranty. I have many friends who comment on the design, and, I can only tell them to look at another vendor. The Frigidaire product line is made of poor quality, and, is a money trap for repairs. I replaced my GE products with Frigidaire, I should have stayed with GE, I had very little issues with their appliances. Buyers beware, don’t get into the same situation I did. I would highly recommend you look at other products.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

I purchased a Frigidaire dishwasher FRGallery-FGID2466QF serial #TH62331408 on September 5, 2016 by August 2017 it was leaking. Upon calling Lowe's regarding the leak, I first had problems with the 1st company they were sending who was rude to both me and the Lowe's representative who wouldn't send All Valley Appliance to my home due to their rudeness (filed a complaint with Lowe's Corporate office regarding that) and they then sent Fosters Appliance who came took pictures. The tech found that the machine was leaking from the top of the tube from the seam. Clearly a defective product. The tech apparently listed it as physical damage so Lowe's will not stand by the product they sold me.

I spent over $400 for this machine to last 1 year. How is this fair to the consumer. I had the dishwasher installed and it worked fine for 1 year only. There was no physical damage. I have asked for a second opinion and won't get it until Nov. 6, 2017 which pushes the machine completely out of warranty. I see from the consumer reports that FRIGIDAIRE is not the product to buy and Lowe's is not the company I want to deal with ever again. Why is it that the consumer must incur additional costs for extended warranty when we are already being ripped off. DO NOT BUY FRIGIDAIRE this is the second dishwasher that I purchased and it started leaking. The first was older so I just assumed it was time to get another. My mistake is believing it was age and not the manufacturer.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I redid my kitchen and bought the Frigidaire professional series range, fridge and dishwasher. The 1st stove had to be replaced within a month for electrical problems, 2nd stove the wire was shorted out and the burner did not work. The fridge drawers were put together with tape from the factory and were broken. Sent me new ones, wrong ones. I have owned Frigidaire for over 30 years. They have gone downhill and I would never buy their appliances again. Also, dealing with customer service - you are on hold for 20 minutes. Some people are rude. Some are nice. I was swayed away from Samsung and LG because all the dealers told me you cannot get repair people to fix them. I don't know what I would next time. I was also suppose to get an extended warranty for 1 year parts and labor on the range. Haven't seen it come through the mail yet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frigidaire?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I've owned my Frigidaire refrigerator for two years. Within that time I have had 7 repairs -- mainly to the ice maker. I finally had the ice maker disconnected as I had stopped it through the panel but the fan was still running and making wild noises. Even unplugged it is making wild noises. If this thing catches on fire, Frigidaire is going to have a huge lawsuit on their hands. By the way -- right after the last repair, the handle of the bottom freezer fell off.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

My children were asleep and my husband and I were getting ready to get to sleep ourselves. He decided to go downstairs and get some water. He came back up and told me he smelled smoke. We both went downstairs and tried to find where the smell was coming from. Our kitchen filled with smoke, we decided to wake up the kids to get them out of the house. He pulled out the refrigerator when he discovered that's where the smell and smoke coming from. Shortly after that, the bottom of the fridge burst into flames.

We used a fire extinguisher and luckily got the fire out. We contacted Frigidaire and their response was that there wasn't much they could do since the fridge was 10 months outside of the 1 year warranty. Even after we had one of their techs come out AND verify the part that burned/melted, they continued to say it was outside the 1 year warranty. They offered to replace the part that burned if we signed something saying they were not liable for anything.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

Purchased a Frigidaire Refrigerator Professional brand Model # FPHF2399PF 5/31/14 and it was delivered 6/30/14. Since then have problems with the upper ice maker NOT just once 3 times now. The first repair was 10/15/15. Second repair was 5/18/17. The same part has been replaced twice. Called the customer service department and NOTHING they can do... REALLY THREE times now. What a hunk of junk. It's cost a total of 516.98 in repairs!!! Never again will purchase anything Frigidaire or made by their company.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

Frustration is buying an appliance that is covered under warranty. When the product breaks... Getting TERRIBLE customer service. I have a dishwasher in a rental home. It is leaking... You can see photos of the ceiling damage it has caused. They have sent 2 of their people out. I have paid for my own person to go out who was able to diagnose the problem. It is an intermittent leak so it doesn't leak all the time. No resolution. No new appliance, no fix to my product. Just this back and forth over which time my tenants don't have a dishwasher. It's been going on 2 months. I finally told them "Take the piece of crap out and shove it. I will just buy a new one BUT NEVER EVER FRIGIDAIRE."

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I have a Frigidaire washer and the lid on it is rusting. I called this company and they wouldn't take care of it. I feel when you purchase something new it should not rust. Never will I buy a Frigidaire product again. Also I have a stove in this brand and the element has gone out in 2 years. Poor company. Don't buy Frigidaire products.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I bought a refrigerator almost 2 years ago and have been having problems ever since. I've contacted Frigidaire 3 times because my refrigerator/freezer was Not Cold and stayed warm. ALL the food was Spoiled that I had just Purchased (SO FRUSTRATING). Frigidaire has No Care or Compassion for their customers concerns. Same problems occurred 3 times and they still insist on trying to just Fix it instead of replacing it. DO NOT PURCHASE FRIGIDAIRE!!! CRAPPY PRODUCT AND NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AT ALL.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

We bought a brand new freezer and after 10 months it stopped working and we lost hundreds of dollars worth of food. Frigidaire will not stand behind the unit and authorize a fix for the problem. I will never buy ANY Frigidaire product ever again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I purchased a Frigidaire Refrigerator 7-20-2013 for $2,035.56. M#LGHB2867PFO. It has 2 ice makers. The auger went out on the top ice maker on 6-10-14. Bottom ice maker wouldn't work and was replaced on 6-17-2014. Now had to replace both ice makers on 8-10-17 for $314. Will never purchase another Frigidaire again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

5/17/17 Installed window AC (heavy 18,000 btu). Strange sound and smell upon plugging it in. Repair tech said Power Supply Board / Relay Switch not functioning. Frigidaire (Electrolux) wanted to "repair" the New unit. After arguing it was replaced by retailer not Frigidaire. 6/16/17 Stopped working, retailer would not replace it, Frigidaire sent repair tech a week later, same problem as first unit. Part ordered, repair tech installed, didn't start, etc. 8/1/17 Today 1.5 months of calls speaking Supervisors they are still stating they will find a repair company to fix the unit. Summer will be over before it’s fixed. I have emailed, Chatted, pleaded and cried. Even offered to accept a buyout of the unit (cost $600) at 50% less since I have had to purchase a replacement. Never will buy Frigidaire again! If a negative star was possible that is what I would give them. Will only shop at P.C. Richard, which has amazing customer service and repairs.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Worst appliances ever! Bought a dishwasher and refrigerator less than 4 months ago. 1st the dishwasher broke... they are ordering a new part-NOW the refrigerator spits out ice... randomly! It's also the noisiest refrigerator I've ever heard! Loud noises every 1/2 hr!!! Most regrettable is dealing with the Frigidaire Company. They are unhelpful and rude... sounds like they're speaking from a script. Wouldn't surprise me as they must have many complaints. Please choose any other brand!!! Believe me you won't be happy!!! Very dissatisfied consumer!!!

Original review: July 22, 2017

We bought a Gallery Frigidaire refrigerator in May 2016, within a week we knew it was not working properly. After at least 10 service call by Judd & Black a local business our unit was finally replaced by Electrolux. Now 10 months later our new unit does not cool. We are beyond frustrated to say the least. How can a family be expected to take this amount of time off for the service calls and not to mention the amount of food that has been wasted. So here we are almost 2 weeks without a refrigerator AGAIN.

Original review: July 18, 2017

I purchased a refrigerator from Frigidaire less than two months ago and the light bulbs burned out already. Called to get replacements as it is less than a year old (should be under warranty). I was told they are not under warranty because light bulbs are not a "function" of the unit. Really??? Then I was told the bulbs would cost over $100 to replace them! Do not buy from this company!

Original review: July 14, 2017

Ever since we got this "top of the line" fridge new, Eve noticed that the ice maker is nearly useless. If you use ice then be prepared to constantly turn on the quick freeze option, which really doesn't help either, but at least you get some ice. Now though to make matters worse, the ice hopper has broken, the ice maker drips water out of the front door and spews water all over our floor every time we open the door. The ice turns into gigantic chunks, the width of the entire hopper, by melting together- I can't even open the door without trying to break the chunks by running the ice maker, and risking burning up the motor. So I ordered a replacement unit, but everyone must be having this issue because there's a nationwide backorder. Last time I buy this brand, it sure looks nice, but only if you don't need an ice maker.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Bought Frigidaire microwave 6 months ago. Quit working and after 4 service calls, runaround from Frigidaire customer service, many lost hours of frustration (too many to count) I'm at my wits' end. Last service guy told me Frigidaire will NEVER replace an appliance. Said they'll just keep trying solutions, ordering more parts, etc. After 2 months I'm done! I bought the microwave from Wayfair so as a last resort called them. After a couple of minutes on the phone they gave me a FULL REFUND without having to return it! Really? I also found this hoping it will help somebody:

Here’s what worked: 1) Be nice. Every person I spoke with at Electrolux tried to help. 2) Take notes. Log every problem, every conversation with support staff including who you spoke with and their company ID, if they have one. 3) Know what you want to accomplish. The company would have been happy to continue repairing the fridge until it was out of warranty. I made it clear that the warranty would not expire until I had one year of trouble-free operation. 4) Put a limit on what you will accept from the company. When I got to my limit (and you must be reasonable about your limit) I required the company take action.

5) Talk to a person who can say yes. When the service person says “no”, ask to speak with a supervisor. The language that finally worked for me with a third level supervisor was: “Can you authorize this (replacement or refund) or should I speak with your legal department?” 6). Be prepared to follow through. I did not ASK for a replacement or refund, I told Electrolux that I would accept nothing less, I filed a complaint with my state’s Department of Consumer Affairs and I let them know I was willing to file suit to replace a defective design. At that exact point, after receiving their copy of my filing, Electrolux refunded the full purchase price of the refrigerator and refused to pick up the old one." Never, never buy Frigidaire again!!!

Original review: July 12, 2017

WE purchase all new Frigidaire appliances in Nov 23, 2016. Ever since Dec 2016 we have had it service repaired over 8 times up to today date. And by two different repairmen. But they cannot solved the problem and Frigidaire is very slow on replacing it. I call Frigidaire over 12 times today. I spoke to Supervisor. She said same thing we heard since Dec. It a loud thumping noise. I been told, "Well it just Freon pumping." I told him, "Oh it pump for over 1 hour." I even video tape the noise where the service men could hear it. This will be last time I will ever buy Frigidaire appliance again. I would not advised you to buy these products made in Mexico. I have wrote email to company to get NO RESPONSE. Well I waiting now again on another service man to come out on Friday. Let see what he will say. I truly believe we have a LEMON.

Original review: July 10, 2017

If I could give them a negative star I definitely would. I began replacing the appliances in my kitchen with Frigidaire about 5 years ago. I had problems with the refrigerator. Thank goodness it was covered under warranty, the condenser or something had to be replaced. I also had problems with the water in the door of the freezer. The paddle broke twice. The first time they sent me a new one to replace it.

The real issue is the Frigidaire stove. This past Saturday night My husband woke me up about 12:30 am. The house was full of thick white smoke that burned our lungs and eyes. My 83 year old mother lives with us. We determined there was no fire just smoke. We began clearing the smoke out of the house. We then noticed a skillet on the stovetop smoking. The knobs were all turned to off but the stove had cooked that skillet. It's a wonder it didn't catch my house on fire.

I contacted Frigidaire this morning. At first they told me it was not on the recall list and they could send me to an authorized repair person. After insisting to talk to someone else, I got Tiffany a corporate representative. She also advised it was not on the recall list. She did offer me 50% off repair. I actually laughed. I said your appliance came on by itself, almost killed me, my husband and my mother, could have burned my house down and you are going to offer me 50% off fixing it? I will never buy another Frigidaire and will do as much as possible to keep anyone else from buying Frigidaire. The offer to fix my problem was definitely not even close to what they should have done.

Original review: July 10, 2017

My fridge has not worked since I purchased it in March. It is under warranty and Frigidaire keeps sending people here to look at it. As a result, we had to purchase another fridge (we didn't get another Frigidaire) in the meantime while we worked on replacing this one. The repairman deemed my fridge dead twice and it still wasn't enough for them to replace it.

The repairman has been to my house about twice a month since March. As a result, they are now replacing three parts in a brand new fridge to attempt to fix it because yet again, they refuse to replace a brand new fridge even though it's under warranty. I have called and left multiple messages on voicemails and have not received a callback. However, in their notes, they have that they called and left me voicemails (which is not true at all).

This has been a very frustrating process. The parts to my fridge were suppose to be ordered three weeks ago and when I just called, they were not even ordered yet. Sharon, one of the corp. supervisors, was very helpful and said she would overnight them to repair company. Hopefully, this nightmare ends soon but I am not confident it will. I will never purchase another Frigidaire product again and I don't recommend buying any of their products.

Original review: July 6, 2017

We have an extended warranty on our Frigidaire Ice maker. After 6 complaints within a year, each one requiring ordering a part and installing (total of 12 visits). Our unit today, still does not produce ice. We went two 4th of July weekends in a roll without ice. Yesterday, the service attendant showed up again, only to be told he has to order another part to try to fix the problem. We called the extended warranty service people, only to be told a part was being ordered and they are sorry for the inconvenience again. We have to wait another couple of weeks for the repair.

Don't believe that this warranty company really cares. They will not replace the unit. It is all a scam. It is a shame that this warranty company is allowed to lie to their customers saying they will replace the unit. The reality is that they will continue to try to fix it only to have to repeat the process over and over. After this unit, I seriously will challenge any company that wishes to sell and extended warranty. Do not trust this one.

Original review: July 5, 2017

In January/February of 2016 I bought a brand new unit from this despicable company Frigidaire. Keep in mind when I buy a refrigerator I intend for it to last at least 4 to 5 years before it starts to give problems unless there is a natural disaster. Earthquake, storm, etc... in less than 9 moths the fridge light doesn't work. I went to numerous stores to get a light bulb thinking that the light bulb in the fridge blew out. Home Depot, Lowe’s, Orchard, etc… 7 different light bulbs were purchased and tested on the fridge yet none of them worked, I went as far as going back to Lowe’s and getting the light bulb that was used in the model on the floor and tested it, that didn't work either. Later that day I called Frigidaire customer support and got the most rudest, ignorant, discussing person on the phone.

While she's babbling on and on about how it is my fault and how the company she works for is sooooo great I'm trying to tell her that there's no way in hell that I could have done anything to the fridge if the unit is working and cooling things. I explain to her that is a self defrost fridge and that there are only 2 people in the household. I hung up refusing to get yelled at by someone who won’t listen to anything I have to say. Around 15 min after I had hung up I went to the fridge (with my flashlight) to get some lemonade. As soon as the grub on my right pinky finger touched the fridge door handle it detached from the fridge.

I sat there next to the door handle thinking to myself well this is complete madness. The light bulb doesn't work and the fridge handle is not latched correctly. This company really needs to start manufacturing decent unit. Mark my words, NEVER WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THE CRAP FRIGIDAIRE SUPPLIES TO YOU... PS. waiting for my 3rd repair guy to show up on Friday. Let’s see how that goes.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I purchased a small wine cooler stainless steel 4 years ago. I admit I didn't get the warranty but did expect it to last more than 3 years. It's been sitting in my kitchen unplugged for last year because it stopped cooling. When I called customer service the most unsettling thing about the whole situation is they didn't want to help me and really didn't show any concern that this refrigerator only lasted me 3 years. When I was done telling my story, the customer service rep offered nothing and asked if "we are done". What happened to customer service?? I am the person who will be loyal to a company. It's like I took $300 (not sure of exact price) and just threw out the window... I know life isn't fair but this is just wrong.

Original review: June 17, 2017

Run, don't walk away from this deplorable company. I replaced ALL my kitchen appliances October 2016 with the Frigidaire Gallery series through Home Depot. I've had 5 service calls on the refrigerator. The last serviceman advised me, "That's just the way it was made, there's nothing I can do." My most recent complaint was the handle on the dishwasher is rusting! After 22 minutes on hold I was told by the customer service rep that, "If you look on page 22 on your owner’s manual, you will see that rust inside and outside the unit is not covered." After speaking with a manager, as a "goodwill gesture" she mailed me a new handle. Really. Goodwill? Why don't you manufacture decent products and goodwill would be implied. Consider yourselves forewarned. Don't be foolish. Don't spend your money on Frigidaire appliances.

Original review: June 15, 2017

Grab a bag of popcorn and get ready... I bought the dishwasher, back in March 2016 from the local Home Depot store for my remodeled kitchen. The unit worked perfect for the first 10 to 11 months. Note, I don't have any kids and the unit did get used a lot. Maybe 2 times a month. Around Jan/Feb 2017 the unit began to leak from under the door. I called the company & explained to them in detail the problem. They set me up with a 3rd party service repairman (contracted out) by their choice. This guy arrives a week later. He had to be about 80 some years old. I had to help him off the floor, as he couldn't get up on his own. He told me he thought he knew what the problem was, would order a part, & get back to me.

About 2 weeks went by and never heard from this guy, at least to update me. I called him & politely left him a few messages, and he never returned my calls. I called Frigidaire and told them the same. They called the repair guy and got back to me & said he was backed up with other customers. I told Frigidaire, that's no excuse not to at least return my calls. I asked for another service company and they agreed, but it wasn't easy. The other service company came a week later. It took this service company a total of 6 visits over 2 to 3 months to try and diagnose the problem at which by the 3rd visit the service repairman said, "this unit is unrepairable but Frigidaire is going to make me try and do everything possible before a replacement, that's how shady they are."

At the 5th visit while the repairman was trying to fix the unit, he had Frigidaire Corporate Repair Center on speaker phone. They suggested to the repairman (as I overheard the conversation) that to go ahead and find parts from a different model or dishwasher company and start replacing the customer's dishwasher parts with them. I started to flip. The repairman said "we are not going that route." That's like taking parts of a 1990 junk car and putting them on a 2017 Caddy. LMFAO. So just think what kind of replacement appliances Frigidaire sends to customers. HMMM. OBVIOUSLY NOT BRAND NEW ONES.

Finally, after the 6th service call Frigidaire replaced the unit on May 12, 2017. It arrived and was set up. It worked for the first few hours/day. The next morning I got up and ran a cycle following the directions precisely. Guess what? It leaked. LMFAO. I called the company back told them about the problem. The company was really rude and ignorant on the phone with me. I told them I don't have time for another 6 service calls with my job, etc. Furthermore, I don't want a replacement unit, just my money back as the unit was nearly $675. I told them I wanted to take my business elsewhere. A day later, another corporate "bigwig" called me and said we will deliver you a 3rd unit without repairing the 2nd one. I thought, well, I'll hope for the best, even though this is not what I wanted.

A week after Memorial Day my 3rd unit arrives. It was set up by their 3rd party contractor. They turned it on and BAM, the piece of junk malfunctioned and started to leak. The 3rd party company assured me it was not on my end as far as plumbing, etc, as I already had all this looked at. The 3rd party company (who Frigidaire pays) educated me, the consumer, that they are taking my 2nd unit and leaving the 3rd unit at my house and on the paper statement writing "3rd unit set up properly, malfunctioning/leaking." The 3rd party company told me to contact Frigidaire for further instructions on what to do with the unit on how to get refund/replacement.

I called Frigidaire and explained the same to them and they were nasty on the phone to me, stating it was all my fault for signing for it and now they have to go ahead with scheduling repairs. I told them NO REPAIRS. I told them come get the junk unit and give me a refund, but they REFUSE to agree with the CUSTOMER and keeping saying on the phone "I understand your frustration." I tell them they are a bunch of clowns trained to say that, because if they were in my shoes they wouldn't be saying that. Their final sentence to me was, "when you are ready for the repairs call us back." Then those ** hung up. Doesn't make sense how the 2nd unit was replaced without any repairs but now they want to go ahead and make repairs to the 3rd one? What a bunch of ass clowns.

I am now working with my local Home Depot. A nice manager is working on the case for me. He is going to work with vendor and submit a claim for the "lemon law." I should hear back within the next day or two. I told Home Depot I will gladly keep my $675 within the store if I can just bring the stupid junk unit back and get a different brand/unit not Frigidaire product. The manager agrees I have been thru way too much. Frigidaire customer service is absolutely horrible and sucks. They are the most ignorant people I have ever dealt with my life. I have seen and heard dogs at a local SPCA get treated better than this company treats humans, it's disgusting. Think long and hard before committing and buying any of these products because in the long run it just isn't worth it!

Original review: May 31, 2017

Directly from their site to entice you to buy this warranty are these statements: "Enjoy the peace of mind that only Frigidaire can guarantee. No one knows your product better than we do. And no other company is better equipped to provide the specialized parts and service you may need or to replace your product entirely! So invest now in the best possible protection with a Service Contract. And we guarantee to stand behind you and your product for as long as you own your coverage."

There was no peace of mind when day after day we didn't know when we'd finally have a washer. On the 5th call on 5-15-17 we were told our parts were ordered and again told to contact SoCal Tech. They said they ordered from Marcone and finally gave a tracking number. The replace your product entirely would have been a better option and was part of what was enticing about the warranty, definitely not fulfilled.

"Up to three full years of freedom from costly repair bills. Whether you choose a one, two, or three year Service Contract, we'll pay for all covered repairs needed to keep your product in peak operating condition. And that means no surprises to your budget." HUGE surprise to our budget of money and time to have to go to a laundromat which was 14.5 miles away and cost $60 for 20 loads a week for 9 people just to maintain laundry, not even basic bedding and such. A month of no product in peak operating condition.

"A brand new product, if needed. It's true. Our replacement coverage entitles you to a brand new major appliance with comparable features if yours can't be fixed, or if it simply makes more sense to replace it." Over a month and $1200 to fix a washer we bought for $600 in 2009 would warrant that it simply makes more sense to replace it instead of inconvenience the customer for so long.

"Convenient, in-home service with a toll-free call, Reliable service is only a phone call away when you own a Frigidaire Service Contract. And the call is always toll-free." True you can call from anywhere but expect to wait and be told to call somewhere else that may not be an actual number like we were given to SoCal Tech.

On our 6th call to Frigidaire we talked with Supervisor Tiffany at ** and she apologized and could not do anything or give us any actual contact info for anyone who actually had the power to make this right. She gave us the mailing address for Alan ** who she said was the corporate executive. We have written him a letter.

"Top-quality repairs by Frigidaire factory-trained experts. You wouldn't want just anyone to service your valuable Frigidaire product. That's why we use trustworthy professionals who have been trained extensively on Frigidaire models just like yours." True, the quality of the final repair is good, but don't expect answers from the service company SoCal Tech or Frigidaire in the month it takes to get there.

"Quick access to the correct replacement parts. Forget about inferior parts being used on your product or long, unnecessary waiting for a special component. We maintain an ample supply of quality components designed specifically for your Frigidaire model to ensure we can have it running like new again in no time."

Frigidaire's idea of no time is definitely different than ours for a family of 9 after a very long, unnecessary waiting of 30 days. Not quick access at all. "Our Money-Back Guarantee. If you are ever dissatisfied with the quality of protection you receive, you may have a complete refund of the unused portion of your Service Contract, less claims paid no questions asked." Of course there is nothing left to refund after such a costly repair.

"Our goal is to keep you a satisfied customer for life. So we'll do everything we can to make certain you are thrilled with your product and our services. Call 1-866-386-5286 today to take advantage of this exceptional offer." If you are not satisfied don't expect anyone you can personally talk with to have the power to make it right as evidenced by our 7 documented phone calls and finally a Supervisor who only had the power to give us a mailing address and a name.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I had Frigidaire microwave over the range at home. It only lasted 4 year. I had a professional technician over to examine. He found out the product is defective because of control board and magnetrod. These 2 key parts only last 4 years. It showed the poor quality of the product. I had to buy a new one. I used Frigidaire refrigerator for only one year, and one part (timer) got broken. I had to order a new part to replace. It costed me $200+ total for labor and part to fix it. I am not satisfied with Frigidaire brand and will not recommend anyone to buy the brand. The manufacturer (Electrolux in Mississauga, Ontario) had a terrible customer service.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Bought French Door fridge in July 2015 Model LFHB2741PF5A. Now out of warranty by 9 months. Started having lights go out on touch screen control then quit delivering ice. Have spent $700.00 dollars for replacing 2 control boards and ice maker motor. Lights now work on screen, ice maker still will not deliver ice even though ice is being made. Might as well be using ice trays. Frigidaire customer support response has been that even if I had the extended warranty they would only replace the parts and if it could not be repaired I would have to buy a new fridge on my own. No more Frigidaire appliances for me and please think twice and research before you buy.

Frigidaire Company Information