Fisher Paykel
2.20/5
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Fisher and Paykel

Established in 1934, Fisher & Paykel Appliances designs, manufactures & markets a range of innovative household appliances developed with a commitment to technology, design, user friendliness and environmental awareness. The company has factories in four continents with sales in over 60 countries totaling a turnover of over $1Billion.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 17, 2018

926 Fisher Paykel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Purchased appliances (Dishwasher/Clothes Washer/Dryer) 8 years ago. Dishwasher still works well (fingers crossed) but both Clothes Washer & Dryer cratered in the last few months. Heating element and bearing both wore out in the dryer (600 C$ to repair) and the transmission broke down in the washer replacement part for our model no longer available so will have to get a new washer (won't be a Fisher Paykel). Previously had domestic appliances for 25 years which worked equally as well without requiring so much as a service call. No more Fisher Paykel for me.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Bought Fisher Paykel fridge freezer. It's just over 3 years old. Noticed the inside liner is cracking. Phoned F&P. They admit there is a fault and can't be repaired but all they want to do is sell me a new one at staff rates. I feel this is not satisfactory.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

ERIC ** did some warranty work on my refrigerator. He was on time and explained what he was going to be doing. He cover his feet and was very careful to cover the area he was working in and was very clean. He was polite, neat and efficient. He did a wonderful job of getting everything done right the first time and we were delighted. Obviously knew his job and very customer satisfaction oriented. I would certainly recommend your company and him to all my friends or anybody looking for service.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The motherboard on the less than 1 year old Fisher & Paykel dryer went out and someone is lying. I called F & P's 888 number and was told they have the parts but I have to go through the retailer where I purchased the dryer. Sounded fishy since the retailer told me that the motherboards are on back order. F & P won't send me a new part. I called the retailer back and was told the F & P won't release the part until Feb. 20th. That's CRAP. I don't want to wait 3 more weeks till the parts come in. The retailer told me he has several other customers waiting. How many people are waiting on this part and how many parts are going to be released on Feb. 20th. The closest laundromat is 6 miles away.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

This product saved my back because it is 2 drawers and high up. You can use both or just one of the drawers. Great organization racks as well all adjustable. Love it. My 2nd one.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Fisher and Paykel?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

Double drawer dishwasher. We got 2 same sizes: mistake. Should have gotten 1 large drawer, 1 smaller, to accommodate larger items. Needs to be kept clean, filter checked, washed out. Many negative reviews, but these folks did not take care of their units properly. No problems in 2 years, easy loading & emptying, looks great, works fine, cleans pretty well.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I bought a 2 door fridge with a freezer 3 months ago. My horror this morning was extreme when I found the ice was melting. I rang Fisher Paykel service for an urgent repair and was told the earliest they could come out was in 8 days time. I asked if I could use a local repairer, and was told that would void my warranty. I said, "Surely you have an authorised service centre on the Sunshine Coast?" "Nope, sorry we don't." I said, "I had over $1,000 worth of goods in the fridge." "Sorry we cannot do anything about that." Best offer is I will be put on an urgent list. For heaven's sake, this is total garbage.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I have organised 3 appointments due to their incompetence at knocking on the door as they have left a note each time saying "sorry we have missed you." We had people home both times! We then had change go missing from when he was there. Coincidence? Maybe. It has been a month trying to organise it to be fixed and it still hasn't. Its a big job. The machine doesn't turn on and is unusable. It has gotten to the point of we need to use the dryer however have not been able to and require a full replacement if not dealt with immediately! I am very unsatisfied with this service!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

This dishwasher has two separate sections, in other words it is two small dishwashers in one. Cleaning quality is very good; however, it is difficult to load the way the racks are positioned. But, I can get four wine glasses with stems to hang in a stable position in each washing section.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This dishwasher comes as two, drawer-sized units. We are empty nesters, and two small units are much more convenient than one large one. This is the second FP we have had. Original put to market way too early. Second generation has been reliable, cleans well, and is very convenient. Will buy a 3rd when this one breaks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

I have owned this miserable appliance for less than 3 years. Have had 3 fan motors replaced, and 1 ice maker since I bought it. Today the ice maker broke again, less than 1 year after it was last replace.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Fisher Paykel is horrible! I paid top dollar and I mean TOP dollar for Fisher and Paykel appliances. The dishwasher is noisy compared to Bosch, the cooktop on the range was defective TWICE and the range had to be replaced. I had a spill on Christmas day and it got between the glass on the oven door and there is no way to clean it. The microwave is no better than the Panasonic Genius if as good. (Not nearly the versatility) but so far the refrigerator seems OK. Stay away from this "Premium Product". You are throwing your money away!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

We've ordered the part from Fisher&Paykel on 10/11/17 and received in a week, but it appeared to be faulty. Called them and explained the situation, they apologized and in a few days send another part, but charged us again?! Called them for the second time and asked why did they charge us for the faulty part. They promised refund and refused to email a return tag, saying it's not necessary. Today is 12/28/17, which is month and a half away from the promised refund and about 5 phone calls from our side with the reminders and lots of explanations. NO any refund received. Very irresponsible company with poor quality of parts and bad customer service.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

It's the only brand that makes an all fridge 365 ltr stainless. We had the same brand and size, but white, for 20 yrs with no issues at all. Though with this new one they have taken away the butter conditioner (sad face).

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I picked this refrigerator out in 2005. It uses 485 kWh per year. I got to choose which side of the door handle is on. Freezer on bottom. Supposedly if I have any problems with. I get a new one free.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I purchased a Fisher & Paykel CoolDrawer for my kitchen renovation. It was installed and never worked. You would think that Fisher & Paykel would be motivated to get the unit repaired or replaced, right? Not in my experience. After waiting a full week to hear back from them on their still pending decision, I am completely disgusted with their polite but ineffective and non-interest in their customer after they take the customer's money. Service arrived on MONDAY and stated that "Unit needs to be replaced, not repaired". Service uploaded that report to Fisher & Paykel. I called on Tuesday after failing to hear from Fisher & Paykel. Was told resolution is coming! No resolution. Called back Wednesday. Same BS. Called back Thursday. Same BS. At no time did Fisher & Paykel call me, send me an email or contact me in any manner. It is 2017 and that is NO WAY TO TREAT A CUSTOMER.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

Quicksmart Washing Machine: Not only have I been very happy with the performance of the machine over the past 2 1/2 years, but tonight it stopped mid-wash with an 'Err 37'. A little bit of googling took me to the F&P youtube page, which showed me exactly how to drain the drum and fix the fault - a hairpin lodged in the pump impeller. No need to take it apart or call in a repair. Brilliant.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Fisher Paykel determined my 1 1/2 year old dishdrawer "NOT REPAIRABLE" and refused to help with the replacement, stating that they do not have any in stock and told me that I will have to wait for an unspecified length of time.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

Before ordering, please check that the delivery company will be able to get the appliance in your kitchen. I ordered an American fridge freezer, but when it arrived they could not get it into my kitchen. The delivery boys were lovely and they said they could probably get it in, if the doors and drawer were removed, but they could not find a way to remove the drawer. I called Fisher and Paykel and they could not help either and suggested that I just took doorstep delivery and work the rest out for myself! Very disappointing, so to avoid disappointment yourselves, please check this out before you order. Incidentally, I live in a detached house with standard size openings.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I must be one of the few to have a positive experience with F&P. We purchased a washer/dryer set in 2003. We still have the dryer but are on our second GWL11 washer. The first one lasted 10 years. In that time it was subjected to hard water and a family of four. The pump is definitely the weak link, as I replaced at least two in that time. Also had to replace a water inlet valve. The new pumps come with a inline fuse to install on the harness to the controller to prevent it from getting ruined if the pump shorts out. None of the repairs were done in warranty. F&P washers are very easy to diagnose and repair so I have been able to do all my repairs. After too many large loads and 10 years of hard water the strut rods that keep the drum in balance wore out. I found a super clean GWL11 for $80 on CL to replace it. We now have a water softener so this machine stays cleaner and cleans more efficiently.

I saved parts off the old machine for future repairs. I did change the pump not long after I got it. Now three years later that used pump went out, this time the windings shorted out, taking the controller with it. I blew off installing the inline fuse, so this could of easily been prevented. I bought a new pump for $110 and installed my used controller and it's running just fine again. I know this all sounds like a nightmare of repairs, but if you are able to be a little bit inclined to take on a challenge you can save a lot of money on paying the repair person. I don't have a lot of money laying around to buy new appliances every few years. From the reviews I read, many new high efficiency washers don't clean well and are repair prone. When I do break down and buy a new one sometime in the future, I will definitely consider F&P again, along with Speed Queen.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Bought the dryer because it was supposed to be highly rated. Bearings have gone out once (and replaced) and they are going out again. Takes forever to dry anything. Only one service provider on the area and it took them two tries to "fix" the bearings the first time. When I pointed out the lint wasn't collecting in the trap, he had no idea where it might be. I looked up the lint trap on YouTube to figure that out. Still doesn't collect lint (I have to disassemble the dryer to extract it). Maybe they make a good product but this has been a total piece of junk and I would not recommend.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I purchased a 2 drawer Fisher Paykel dishwasher approximately 1 1/2 years ago. My contractors correctly installed the dishwasher and from the beginning, there were large pools of water at the bottom of the top drawer. Five service calls later and a call to (I use the term hesitantly) FP's customer service department, my dishwasher was supposedly fixed. Each time the repairman came, he found something he thought was causing the issue. When I spoke to customer service, they told me my contractors did not install the dishwasher correctly. I had my contractors come back to ensure they installed it correctly (this was confirmed by the repairman). Customer service refused to do anything for me (this was after waiting on hold for 45 minutes).

My dishwasher no longer has pools of water on the bottom; however, the dishes are NEVER clean and I basically have to wash dishes by hand before putting them in the dishwasher. I called the appliance store where I purchased the dishwashers a number of months ago to again complain about the dishwasher. The salesman said he would follow up with FP. I again followed up with the salesman a few weeks later and again, nothing was done. I would never purchase a FP product again. I am now looking for a new dishwasher. The experience has been horrible and very frustrating. I would never recommend anyone purchase this product.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I was excited to buy Fisher & Paykel machines. The washer is on its third lid as the plastic continues to crack. On the dryer I have replaced the plastic knob and the inside of the dryer is all cracked and peeling. I have had my water checked but these are the only appliances with a problem. Quality of plastic parts below zero. My Miele dishwasher is fine. I called F & P and the customer service rep suggested that I use harsh detergents, but I just use All detergent. No help. I will never buy another F & P product and I tell anyone who will listen of my bad experience.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Fisher and Paykel make good products. The reason why I had to finally contact their service department was because after 17 years of faithful service, early in May of this year our washing machine lid broke a hinge. So I contacted them, provided make, model and serial number and a description of the fault. On 31st May their serviceman came. He had no knowledge of the make, model and serial number or the fault, so had no parts with him to effect a repair, but nevertheless charged us $125 and said he would be back within the week. We haven't seen him since. Three weeks elapsed. I rang F & P's 24/7 line and asked politely what was going on. They said they had contacted their parts depot and they would get back to me within the week with an ETA for the lid and the serviceman. They did not do this.

Finally on Wednesday I rang them again and intimated in no uncertain terms that I was extremely annoyed with the situation. They told me that the serviceman would get back to me that afternoon. They lied. He hasn't. So I am drawn to the reluctant conclusion that this company's after-sales service department is staffed by a bunch of people whose sole reason for going to work is to get paid, and employs tradespeople of a similar mindset. My recommendation? Do not buy Fisher and Paykel - their products are fine, but if they break down they will not service them, and they will charge you for the privilege of not servicing them.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Both ovens broke after self cleaning. I used one of the service providers on the website after calling quite a few which did not service Fisher Paykel. They came out numerous times with various parts and were only able to fix one. I tried other service providers but none service this brand. After months of back and forth with the service provider to settle on an amount since it wasn't able to be fixed and then Fisher Paykel, the best Fisher Paykel could offer was for me to buy a new oven at a discount of $3500. Fisher Paykel even admitted on the phone that they knew that self cleaning had this kind of results. I don't understand how they could expect me to spend that kind of money to replace an item they admit has defects. My advice is to stay far away from this company with no real customer service.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I had an issue with my Fisher & Paykel stove oven door not fully closing and providing a good tight seal. I initiated a service request under my warranty in the middle of May 2017. As of today... July 7, 2017, I have not had a service call initiated by the company. They sent me the repair parts but will not schedule a service call today. Talked to the region rep for the company numerous times on the phone only to leave me frustrated to no end. I have at this point given up on getting any satisfaction with this issue. "BUYER BEWARE!"

Original review: June 24, 2017

DO NOT ever buy a Fisher Paykel appliance. I have had a horrible experience with this company and their customer service trying to repair and cooktop starter. Weeks and weeks go by, you can't get the part and then can't get someone to come and install when the part finally comes in. The worst part is how they seriously don't care. I call every day and no one returns your calls. I have a family I need to be able to cook meals for them, they don't give a crap. NEVER buy their appliances and seriously if you are shopping for one tell the retailers not to carry them!!!

Original review: May 25, 2017

Very dissatisfied with Fisher Paykel. I bought 4 appliances from them totaling over 11,000 dollars. The dishwasher was missing parts and the refrigerator did not work. After 6 weeks of back and forth with the company giving me misinformation and every employee telling me different things to do and making me in charge of lining up appliance service with 4 days needed off of work that resulted in them not replacing a bad refrigerator but saying they would repair. The wheels were also broken with the services which ruined my floor and once they replace the refrigerator they will not guarantee. They do a typical customer service routine, but could care less about the actual customer. My next home would never have their appliances.

Original review: May 2, 2017

I had a Fisher Paykel technician booked to fix our dishwasher. Once again had to take half a day off work to ensure we don't miss the call. For the second time in a row I get a text message to say, "The technician is on their way and you can track their process," followed by an email 2 min later saying, "Technician called and no one was home." The customer service supposedly can't get in touch with the technician and next available appointment is not for another 2 weeks. Our dishwasher has now been broken down for more than 2 months. I would never buy Fisher Paykel product again.

Original review: April 21, 2017

I've had Fisher & Paykel AquaSmart Washing Machine Model Number WL26CW1 for approximately 7 years now and there has been big trouble. After the 2 year warranty expired it started to have problems. I contacted F&P and a repairman came out within a couple days. He determined that the washer needed a new circuit board (brain) which he would have to order. It took about 6 weeks to get the new brain and have it installed at a cost of almost $250 US.

One and a half years after the new brain was installed the machine developed a new problem with the LCD display which is located on the circuit board (brain). Sometimes the LCD display cannot be viewed, nothing shows up in the window. Other times it works fine or it will show the wash selections in a faint image to which I can make a selection. The times that the wash selections are not visible I just count off the selections until I reach the one that I want (yes, I've memorized them) and the washer will engage and work.

However, at the end of any wash cycle instead of stopping the selected wash cycle starts all over and will continue to run over and over and over until I intervene and turn the machine off. I've been doing this now for almost 4 years. I refuse to pay another $250 US plus to buy another new brain (circuit board) and don't want to buy a new washing machine until this F&P money drain totally craps out.

Fisher Paykel Company Information

Fisher and Paykel
www.fisherpaykel.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use